Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How is your immunity?
Posted by: HH ()
Date: April 17, 2015 11:27PM

When was the last time you were sick? Has being raw left you totally immune or do you still get colds and the flu? I've been reading Fuhrman's "Super Immunity" and he prescribes a 50/50 raw to cooked plant-food ratio to avoid illness. I'm trying to figure out what's best since I got ill this winter for the first time in many years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How is your immunity?
Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: April 17, 2015 11:57PM

I am 95 percent raw. Sprouts and micro greens two hours at gym 4 days a week. No sickness. None. More raw less sickness. 50 percent cooked food that is too much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2015 11:59PM by CommonSenseRaw.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 17, 2015 11:57PM

Well I unknowingly sat everyday in a dining hall full of people who came down with Norovirus and was one of the very few there (including the other visitors) who didn't get it so I'm happy about that. Might just be because I always wash my hands several times every day when I'm there though.

That 50/50 raw/cooked ratio looks quite like crapshoot odds doesn't it? Wondered where he came up with that for about a split second.

Date: April 18, 2015 02:50AM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When was the last time you were sick? Has being
> raw left you totally immune or do you still get
> colds and the flu? I've been reading Fuhrman's
> "Super Immunity" and he prescribes a 50/50 raw to
> cooked plant-food ratio to avoid illness. I'm
> trying to figure out what's best since I got ill
> this winter for the first time in many years.

Yes, the idea about raw foods keeping ones immune system strong and avoiding sickness doesn't seem to be the whole picture at all. Some still get sick on all raw vegan diets, others don't. Yes, a good diet certainly helps, but one also has other factors to include such as pollutions and attitude. Maybe it gets to a stage where the food has less effect as the pollutions continue to have a damaging effect on the body...it is like taking some of the junk out by eating good but adding junk in via EMF's, air pollution etc....so won't this compromise one's immune system over time? That's why l recommend microgreens everyday.

One high level spiritual master says that water and air pollution contain dangerous particles that modern science has not discovered yet, and it can't be fixed by human intervention and the worst effects of this is far from being realised yet.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 18, 2015 03:47AM

"One high level spiritual master says that water and air pollution contain dangerous particles that modern science has not discovered yet, and it can't be fixed by human intervention and the worst effects of this is far from being realised yet."

They know about the Fukushima MOX plutonium, etc., blowing around everywhere. They just don't talk about it realistically in public too much. The effects of that will be blamed on whatever will benefit agenda which will be anything and everything but plutonium.

Date: April 18, 2015 04:18AM

SueZ Wrote:
> "One high level spiritual master says that water
> and air pollution contain dangerous particles that
> modern science has not discovered yet, and it
> can't be fixed by human intervention and the worst
> effects of this is far from being realised yet."
>
> They know about the Fukushima MOX plutonium,
> etc., blowing around everywhere. They just don't
> talk about it realistically in public too much.
> The effects of that will be blamed on whatever
> will benefit agenda which will be anything and
> everything but plutonium.

It could be that, or it could be pollutants yet to be identified that we don't even know exist. Makes one think of a whole heap of possibilities, and it makes one ask if it is possible to measure some of these pollutants with our limited technology?? And if the pollutants can't be measured then distilled water may not even be what we think it is either.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 18, 2015 04:52AM

I cant even remember my god. 2003? I was in and out of planned parenthood for antibiotics, I think 12 times that last year. Cured within days and never ever to ever be sick again. Beautiful health.

Date: April 19, 2015 03:42PM

Wow 12 years that's amazing!

coconutcream Wrote:
> I cant even remember my god. 2003? I was in and
> out of planned parenthood for antibiotics, I think
> 12 times that last year. Cured within days and
> never ever to ever be sick again. Beautiful
> health.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: April 19, 2015 04:21PM

It's been a good 5 years since I got an infectious illness (long before I went raw, though I was eating a relatively unprocessed vegetarian diet then). Last thing I got was a flu bug that was going around. I was sick (minor fever, chills, aches ext...) for about 2 days. I didn't take anything for it or see a doctor, just let my body do it's thing. Had a lingering cough for a couple days after that and haven't been sick since. My coworkers all got sick enough with that flu to miss almost a full week of work and one needed to be hospitalized. Their coughs lingered for weeks. They all saw doctors and took medications for it, and were on the SAD.

I have only been on a 80-90% raw diet for a little over 8 months. Besides an initial detox period, I haven't been the least bit sick. Have eaten a couple cooked meals (still vegan) that put me into a food coma afterwards that I really regretted, but that's not the same thing as an infectious illness.

Date: April 19, 2015 05:56PM

Congratulations. Being 80-90% raw for over 8 months is really good.

Kiwibird Wrote:
> It's been a good 5 years since I got an infectious
> illness (long before I went raw, though I was
> eating a relatively unprocessed vegetarian diet
> then). Last thing I got was a flu bug that was
> going around. I was sick (minor fever, chills,
> aches ext...) for about 2 days. I didn't take
> anything for it or see a doctor, just let my body
> do it's thing. Had a lingering cough for a couple
> days after that and haven't been sick since. My
> coworkers all got sick enough with that flu to
> miss almost a full week of work and one needed to
> be hospitalized. Their coughs lingered for weeks.
> They all saw doctors and took medications for it,
> and were on the SAD.
>
> I have only been on a 80-90% raw diet for a little
> over 8 months. Besides an initial detox period, I
> haven't been the least bit sick. Have eaten a
> couple cooked meals (still vegan) that put me into
> a food coma afterwards that I really regretted,
> but that's not the same thing as an infectious
> illness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables