Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A BIG TIME praise for our Bodies Natural Methods
Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: December 30, 2006 03:52AM

Hi, my name is tiffany, i have been a lurker and occasional poster for about 6 years now it seems, maybe longer... old posts under another handle but i closed that email and had to open a new one....

I have twin boys and it is just amazing! ( for many reasons) among which is their natural and sweet ability to just eat what is right for them, and in what amounts...

I have always been about 80 percent raw ( raised on a farm in iowa wtih three organic gardens) with no real desire to go 100 until lately because my weight is becoming an issue ( and my body, mind and soul is telling me it is the cooked foods that is keeping this extra weight around UGH)

So, here I am. As usual, several large bowls of fruit and veggies around the main living area..... and tonight.... i made my usual meal for my family (steamed rice, fish fillet and steamed brocolli (two of us are over 75 percent raw)

But tonight, like many nights, my son Adeah was offered the usual fare... but he said he didn't want any. Now at my house, if you don't eat whta i prepared, your ONLY other choice is something from the "fruit/veggie bowl" and you may eat as much asyou want from the bowl...until the next snack or meal time.....

My boys are accustomed to this "law of our land", so Adeah asked for a cucumber... i promptly peeled and sliced one up for him... then he said he wanted a tomatoe..... so i sliced one up for him... but it just got me to thinking.....

Adeah NEVER overeats, Never craves candy ( even though it is in the house from various parties etc) he Never asks for meat or milk or cheese...... i have to say that canned fruit is his weakness...

As i sat tonight ( on the porceline throne after taking my Laxative tea which is a WHOLE other post LOL) i was really taking into account the fact that Adeah ALWAYS just follows his instict on food.... what he wants, when he is done ( even if there is food on his plate) he is done.....

Another example is today when i took him to the market with me... i was on the hunt for raw brocolli... and i found it....and my little helper was holding the bag open for me to stuff the broc in.... and when i looked down, there he was.... a HUGE stalk of RAW brocolli being eagerly bitten and knawed at..... he LOVES the stuff.... and has since the beginnign of this year... LOL.... and so we get to the check out and i tell the lady my kid ate a stem of brocolli (thinking she would be worried about the payment), she said WOW he at it RAW? (she was surprised i'm sure because here i am, an almost obese woman, and i am SURE she was thinking.. yeah,,, this poor kid has never even SEEN brocolli before LOL)

Now i like to think that all this great mothering and child rearing i have done for just over 5 years has created this little awsome creature's (my son LOL) mind to be so......intuitive. but i can't take credit for that..... i just used my common sense and reared him to depend on his bodies callings.......and it has worked....feedings were always on demand, so are meals mostly.... and snacks.... we eat what we want when we want and it works VERY well for ALL of us ( except for me cause i LOVE nuts and fatty natural foods)

I don't have a child who even ASKS for Mac N CHeese or hot dogs or mcdonalds more than once a year, I don't have a kid who has ever had a cavity, i don't have a kid who is overweight or even had an ear infection (kudos to breast feeding i think), i don't have a kid scoffs at green beans and other veggies....

I have a kid who LOVES fruits and veggies and leafs..... he eats lettuce raw, no dressing RIGHT off the head/stalk.....he asks for carrots on long drives..... he eats two plus nanners a day....

Now.... my other son, Adeah's twin brother.... he likes the candy and the sugar and it will over eat it till he throws up ( but not every day or even every month LOL).... i have NO idea why this is... but obviously being in the same house and getting the same meals and rules offered, he is just different... hmmm..... a raw food study in the works for some one smarter than me??????

so anyway.... i LOVE our human bodies... i love our make up ... i love our creator given common sense..... it is TRUELY amazing what i have seen in myself and my children over these last 10 years or so..... WOOHOO

Loving life and gearing up for a Major detox and a move to 90 percent raw!

love and light...

Tiff n twins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 02:18PM by Bryan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A BIG TIME praise for our Bodies Natural Methods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 30, 2006 04:53AM

Awesome, if only all kids had such a wonderful start. smiling smiley

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: December 30, 2006 06:31AM

indeed, congrats smiling smiley

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: December 30, 2006 05:45PM

You are doing a wonderful service to your children in raising them with that philosophy!! I am a part time nanny and it is so disheartening to see children's natural instincts denied all the time. I see so many moms pushing food on their kids when they aren't hungry and even limiting their natural desire for fruit!

Congratulations on going more raw!!!

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: January 03, 2007 05:04PM

Great post!

My mom too was a huge believer in the healing powers of raw fruits & vegetables - our house was always overstocked with them, so we constantly ate fresh produce. Thank god I got such a wonderful headstart.

Glad to hear your kids are getting the same!

Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: January 03, 2007 05:29PM

Thank you all for the praises... In this time of my life, I am pretty confident in what i do, but i still LOVE to be given praise and encouragement.....

Thank you all for your kind and supportive posts...... you inspire me by your everyday sucesses......

Our bodies are amazing wonderlands if we listen to them...... so much pleasure and joy if we just KIS......

tiffntwins

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 04, 2007 09:53PM

i know someone whose kid is about 4 years old
i do this funny little "trick" in front of her mother or grandmother ( but i actually kind of secretly "trained" her since she was younger

i'll get two items
one is junk ( like a potato chip)
the other is something fruit or veggie

then i'll call her mom over

and i'll offer the kid the chip and say " do u want a chip?"

and the little girl will shake her head and say "uh huh, no"

then i'll get a piece of grape and i'll say " do u want a grape?"

and the little girl won't even say yes or no

she'll just simply grab it with both hands and eat it

and we all get a real kick out of it

cuz it works EVERY time

just like clockwork

the mom starts laughing

the grandma starts roaring in amazement

its soooooo funny!!!

tiff is right

kids are born smart

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables