Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Please help!! need advice
Posted by: Anna1991 ()
Date: April 24, 2015 07:27PM

HI everyone I am new to this group and wanna ask about my father. any kind of advice is appreciated!

My father is 59 years old and has started raw diet in July. He is very skinny right now 49 KG or less and is feeling very weak. we went to doctor and the doctor said he has a protein scarcity and it caused water in his heart. Due to that his legs are swallowing, but he is not listening to anyone and still continues the diet. I am very worried and think that such actions might be fatal to him. can anyone tell me if you had the same issues and how you handled it?

thank you in advance !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please help!! need advice
Posted by: Lois ()
Date: April 24, 2015 08:47PM

How tall is he?

How much did he weigh when he started the diet?

Did he have any health issues when he started the diet?

Is he 100% Raw?

Is he 100% Vegan?

In what country does he live?

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 24, 2015 09:26PM

Anna1991 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HI everyone I am new to this group and wanna ask
> about my father. any kind of advice is
> appreciated!
>
> My father is 59 years old and has started raw diet
> in July. He is very skinny right now 49 KG or less
> and is feeling very weak. we went to doctor and
> the doctor said he has a protein scarcity and it
> caused water in his heart. Due to that his legs
> are swallowing, but he is not listening to anyone
> and still continues the diet. I am very worried
> and think that such actions might be fatal to him.
> can anyone tell me if you had the same issues and
> how you handled it?
>
> thank you in advance !

I had this happen to me several decades ago when I was vey ill and had taken very harsh antibiotics which killed off my good gut bacteria. The edema in my legs was pitting edema. (It doesn't matter how much protein you're taking in if you aren't digesting it properly.)

Sprouting seeds makes them more digestible and is one thing he should be doing. Another thing that should help is to add more hemp protein and nuts to his diet. There are, of course, many other things he can do (like eating more high protein veggies) but without you're providing a lot more info those are the only things I am willing to suggest for now. If he feels horrible, understands he has severe heath problems, and refuses to budge at all his course, he most likely has many more problems of which what you've relayed are just the tip of the iceberg and he may need intervention if he's become mentally unhinged. It happens.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 24, 2015 09:27PM

Hi Anna,
I am a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist and I witnessed things like this happening amongst two men in our weekly raw potluck meetings. I recommend watching Mike Arnstein introductory videos about the raw vegan diet and how you have to eat more raw food than you would eat cooked food, because you won't absorb all the calories in raw food (except for fat). So, the basic problem I saw is that a man is used to eat one plate of food and that is all he might eat. But with a raw diet, he might need 3 plates of food and over time, he can lose weight, if he doesn't eat enough. Some men don't understand basic nutrition like calories and protein, and it is only fair to teach them this first before embarking on this diet, especially if they are already slim.

So, what I recommend to do once someone is in this state is to use more liquid nutrition for faster and easier absorption: vegetable juices, smoothies, blended soups, blended porridge. For salads, choose easy to digest lettuces. Fruit is fine and does not need blending. There are a wide range of raw vegan protein powders. Protein powders can make one feel full, so it's best not to overuse protein.

Please watch Lou Corona's videos on making nut and seed yogurt using a probiotic. This makes nuts and seeds very digestible and it's easy to put on weight consuming them. Lou Corona helped underweight men on raw diets gain proper weight and muscle using a fully raw vegan diet with using 1-2 cups of the nut/seed yogurt daily.

Please find out how his digestion is. Is there undigested food in the stools? He might need digestive enzymes or herbs to balance his digestion.

yes, there is danger of becoming so depleted. These two underweight men both experienced spinal compression fractures from osteoporosis.

There is a term called orthorexia, which you should look up. Some people on this board have made fun of the term, because the vast majority of people are opposite, killing themselves with excessively unhealthy nutrition. Nevertheless, orthorexia can lead to severe malnutrition. It is simply a term to describe a state. It is easier to use one word that a whole sentence to describe what happens to such people.

If your father insists on being 100% raw, I recommend he watch all of Lou Corona's videos and immediately begin his diet. Some people on this board don't like Lou's fermented nut yogurt, because they are against fermentation. This is a fine point that you can reconcile later after he gains some weight first.

Another point is that some digestive enzymes on the market are expensive. Dr. Howell's Genuine N-zimes are a powder formula of pure enzymes not cut with any herb powder. So I think they are very affordable. I bought 4 oz for just over $20 from an online store. I like those enzymes because they have no taste, so they can be stirred into the food before eating. When stirred into the food, they begin breaking everything down first before the food hits your stomach. I prefer that method, because I feel that enzymes irritate my stomach, if I take them in tablet form. I bring up enzymes because your father can digest his food better that way to put on weight faster.

Date: April 24, 2015 11:16PM

My theory is that men have difficulty with being 100% Raw Vegan without becoming skin and bones and looking like a beanpole (and giving the 100% Raw Vegan Diet a bad name because they look so bad) because men need to eat so much to keep the weight on.

If a guy was overweight on SAD, when he's 100% Raw Vegan, he looks great. (John Kohler, David Wolfe, others) If a guy is regular weight on SAD and goes 100% Raw Vegan, he'll get skinny, and if he's thin on SAD, he's screwed on 100% Raw Vegan. I think this is the case with most, but not all guys; JR succeeded. (I don't know about Bryan - I've never seen the rest of his body - LOL )

And even if they work out and have muscles - their heads look big and their necks look scrawny (or they have the thick neck with the veins in it) and their shoulders look narrow.

I would say maybe they can keep a good looking male body going if they're 100% Raw, but not Vegan - with raw goat milk - or if they're Vegan but not 100% Raw - keep the weight on with cooked potatoes (or root vegetables) and steamed vegetables.

I don't blame it on the RFD - I think 100% Raw Vegan is the perfect diet - but I think it's the condition we're in by the time we go 100% Raw Vegan, or even the body we're born with because man started eating cooked food.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2015 11:24PM by Lois.

Date: April 24, 2015 11:36PM

Lois Wrote:
> My theory is that men have difficulty with being
> 100% Raw Vegan without becoming skin and bones and
> looking like a beanpole (and giving the 100% Raw
> Vegan Diet a bad name because they look so bad)
> because men need to eat so much to keep the weight
> on.

Is your theory exclusively about men on low fat raw vegan diets?

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: April 24, 2015 11:58PM

Sounds to me like he possibly isn't eating enough. I have no issues meeting my daily protein intake on the raw diet, but you can't eat 'normal' portion sizes that would be adequate calories for a cooked food omnivore and expect the same results when eating mostly fruit and veg. The raw diet requires you eat a huge volume of food every day since raw foods (except high fat ones, which should be limited) aren't very calorie-dense. The first video I ever watched on the raw diet was this one:

[www.youtube.com]

And after watching, I though that she was bat-crazy and no one, especially not a woman her size could possibly eat that much nor would anyone need to eat that much. However, once I started really paying attention to what I ate to be sure I was getting enough calories, those are the kind of portion sizes required (I still eat a little less, but I'm not doing extensive exercise/running). Another great piece of advice I found when newly transitioning to raw was to "eat the rainbow" every day (don't remember where I heard that). Basically, be sure you are eating a wide enough variety of fruit and veg each day that you are getting something of every color. I also personally feel better including a (small) portion of fats in my diet daily (like some nuts, seeds, or avocado). I know many people promote low-fat, but I personally feel like crap without some fat in my diet and feel full of life and energy when I eat some fats, so obviously, I eat fats (all good things in moderation!).

Curious if you know how much your father is eating and also what kinds of foods? Is he consuming adequate calories and nutrients for a man his size and weight? That would be where I'd personally start when looking for an explanation.

Date: April 25, 2015 12:05AM

SueZ Wrote:

> Is your theory exclusively about men on low fat
> raw vegan diets?

Men more than women because they have to eat more, and I don't know if low fat or high fat or low fruit or high fruit makes a difference. I have the same problem - getting down to 76 pounds on 100% raw vegan. I've experimented for 10 years, and the only way I've found so far to gain weight or keep the weight on and eat 100% Raw (because 100% Raw trumps 100% Vegan for me) is with raw goat milk.

Date: April 25, 2015 12:30AM

Lois Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Is your theory exclusively about men on low fat
> > raw vegan diets?
>
>
> Men more than women because they have to eat more,
> and I don't know if low fat or high fat or low
> fruit or high fruit makes a difference.

IMO, Dan McDonald looked like he was doing much better on high fat raw vegan than what he was doing either before that diet or now. The only other person I have to compare low fat vegan vs. high fat raw vegan with is myself. I look much better on high fat than I did on low fat vegan. High fat seems to be muscle sparing for me. Even though I weigh about the same and exercise the same I've been able to restore muscle tone I lost on low fat. Maybe I need more Omega 3 than women who don't lose their butts or get saggy on low fat raw vegan diets.

I have the
> same problem - getting down to 76 pounds on 100%
> raw vegan. I've experimented for 10 years, and the
> only way I've found so far to gain weight or keep
> the weight on and eat 100% Raw (because 100% Raw
> trumps 100% Vegan for me) is with raw goat milk.

Date: April 25, 2015 01:22AM

I also think Hemp Seeds are key - three times a day.

Date: April 25, 2015 02:13AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Lois Wrote:
> -----
> > SueZ Wrote:
> >

>
> IMO, Dan McDonald looked like he was doing much
> better on high fat raw vegan than what he was
> doing either before that diet or now. The only
> other person I have to compare low fat vegan vs.
> high fat raw vegan with is myself. I look much
> better on high fat than I did on low fat vegan.
> High fat seems to be muscle sparing for me. Even
> though I weigh about the same and exercise the
> same I've been able to restore muscle tone I lost
> on low fat. Maybe I need more Omega 3 than women
> who don't lose their butts or get saggy on low fat
> raw vegan diets.

Tavis is another person who is on a high fat raw vegan diet and isn't scrawny or have an adolescent looking body. I don't know whether he looked skinny and undeveloped way back when he was more of a fruititarian. That would make for an interesting before and after photo comparison as he did it each way for so long.

Date: April 28, 2015 09:36AM

Hi everyone!

Thank you for you advices it really made me calm. I'm gonna provide more details:

He is 180 Cm tall and 47 KG
Eating 100% Raw fruits and veggies
Mostly eating Apples 2-3 kgs Bananas sometimes oranges and tangerines a day and Salads (lettuce cabbige and other green) sprinkling 1 spoon of olive oil
eating 1 cup of nuts in a day Basically thats it.
It is already 9 month that he started following this diet and he started it abruptly
We live in Republic of Georgia at this time there is no variety of fruits and veggies except what I wrote above or if there is they are GMO and heavily fertilized.

So what I understood he has to eat more (but he says he is not hungry) has to take some supplement such as protein powder or enzymes and eat seeds and nuts right?

Date: April 28, 2015 09:47AM

Hi Suez,

Thank you for the support

Can you recommend which hemp protein should I buy? and also he mentioned flower pollen have you ever heard of it? and what is this for?

Date: April 28, 2015 11:13AM

No need to worry Anna1991,lots of things can be done to help your dad. The fruit and veggies diet is not idea for everyone, and if we can get more protein and fats into his diet he should do better.

Tai and Suez have good suggestions. Yes, check out Lou Corona. I hope your dad hasn't been brainwashed into being fat phobic by the raw movement because there are various things we can do to boost calories and do a higher fat diet safely. And when you do a higher protein/amino acid diet one can develop good muscle when doing resistance execises too to help keep the weight on.

Lots of stuff taught in the raw movement doesn't apply to everyone in the real world,so lets get real and help your dad with real suggestions that can work for normal everyday people.

Once again, Tai is on a winner, and Suez is also on a winner with the sprouts. You really can't go wrong with the sprouts,if your dad has a bowl full of fermented sesame/sunflower sprouts on lunch and a bowl of chia sprouts on another day as a milk shake after a seaweed salad he can really romp it home. If he also does green juices and finishes the night on fruit he can be home and hosed like no bodies business. So, if you get the sprouted seeds into him, the green juices,the seaweeds, the algaes and the fruit and your dad should be smiling before too long.

Who has talked him into the fruit and veg diet, has it been some youtube guru? Got to be careful of these guru types,lots of them are clueless and people get sick following them.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: April 28, 2015 05:23PM

Anna1991 Wrote:
> Hi Suez,
>
> Thank you for the support
>
> Can you recommend which hemp protein should I
> buy? and also he mentioned flower pollen have you
> ever heard of it? and what is this for?

You're welcome, Anna.

Where I am in the US the best I can get is Manitoba Harvest raw shelled hemp seeds from Canada. If where you are you are lucky enough to have whole sproutable hemp seeds available those would be the best to buy - and the most versatile to use.

One thing that is very important is to know how much your father is really eating. It is best to weigh the food he consumes to know this most accurately but measuring by volume will be close enough to get an idea of what is really going on with his intake.

This is very easy to keep track of online for free. I use Cronometer...

[cronometer.com]

For a few dollars a month you can get an upgraded version of your account you make there that has a lot of very handy features like being able to search raw foods by their ranked individual nutrient contents and the ability to share account information with others, like his doctor, for instance.

One thing I have found is that simply by adding a quarter of a cup of ground flax seed to my diet each day I am able to optimize virtually any other fats in my diet to maintain a very favorable Omega 3:Omega 6 fatty acid ratio. It's just that simple and easy to do - and it's important.

Gluten intolerance, and worse, is still one of the most under diagnosed diseases so, IMO, it would be wise to avoid any plants which produce gluten - including any of those plant's processed grass products unless you grow and process them, carefully, yourself.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 28, 2015 07:11PM

Anna wrote
Can you recommend which hemp protein should I buy?

Tai:
I like the Manitoba harvest brand, but you have to be careful. THey sell both organic and non organic seeds. Their hemp50 and hemp70 protein powders are made from non-organic hemp seeds. Occasionally I will buy their hemp 70% powder when I am out of my usual.

I mostly buy from Nutiva. I get the 3 lb hemp 15g (50% protein: 15g of protein in a 30 g serving) and discourage the high fiber kind, because it's gritty in your mouth with so much fiber. 3lbs is $39.99 includes shipping
[store.nutiva.com]

Panchito was saying that hemp lacks lysine or something. Well you can supplement other things to balance it.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 28, 2015 07:12PM

Hi Anna,

Use a nutritional calculator like fitday, nutritiondata, or Cronometer to see if your father is getting enough nutrients. Eating 1 cup of nuts every day will add a lot of fat to the diet, which can slow down healing.

Also, there is more to being healthy than just diet. Is your father getting exercise, spending time out in the sunshine, getting fresh air and clean water? How is his emotional health? Is he under stress?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 28, 2015 10:53PM

when a person gets older, more protein may be needed because efficiency is lost in various places. Raw food protein is not very well absorbed and you need more. As Tai said, lysine is not in hemp protein but commercial sellers claim it is. Nuts contain lysine. The cheapest cooked source is beans.

Froma quick google look up,:

[www.livestrong.com]

If you have insufficient levels of lysine in your bloodstream, you may notice that your normal appetite progressively decreases. When you're not hungry, you may eat less, which may result in unintended weight loss. Additionally, poor nutrient consumption combined with low lysine levels may cause growth delays -- particularly in children or young adolescents.

Low lysine levels may cause excessive fatigue, which may make it difficult for you to remain focused or attentive during your normal daily activities. You may also experience unusual mood changes, such as irritability, agitation or poor concentration.

Anemia -- a condition in which your red blood cell levels are unusually low -- may occur if you have a lysine deficiency, warns the University of Maryland Medical Center. Symptoms associated with anemia include pale skin, dizziness, pronounced fatigue, headache and cold extremities. These symptoms may become progressively worse until your lysine levels return to normal.

A lysine deficiency may cause hair loss. The hair across your scalp may appear sparse or your hair may break easily while you are washing or brushing it. Excessive hair loss may be embarrassing to certain people; however, normal hair growth typically returns once your lysine levels return to normal.

severe deficiency may weaken tooth gums (lose teeth), easy bruising, etc (colagen. connective tissue)

Date: April 28, 2015 11:02PM

Panchito, you don't need to eat your cooked beans to get lysine. You can go with raw pumpkin seeds, for instance, and stay on a raw diet.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 29, 2015 03:19AM

nor do you need pumpkin seeds, as there is plenty of lysine in a reasonable diet without seeds.

Need to be careful with advice regarding this gentleman, and wow is his bmi low!

Anna,

Just because the doctor said protein is the cause of the edema does not make it so. Doctors have funny ideas about protein. There are many causes of edema of course.

So just increasing protein is not necessarily a great idea. Employing juices and smoothies would likely help, if he is just trying to eat the foods.

Date: April 29, 2015 08:44PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Anna1991 Wrote:
> -----
> > Hi Suez,
> >
> > Thank you for the support
> >
> > Can you recommend which hemp protein should I
> > buy? and also he mentioned flower pollen have
> you
> > ever heard of it? and what is this for?
>
>
> You're welcome, Anna.
>
> Where I am in the US the best I can get is
> Manitoba Harvest raw shelled hemp seeds from
> Canada. If where you are you are lucky enough to
> have whole sproutable hemp seeds available those
> would be the best to buy - and the most versatile
> to use.
>
> One thing that is very important is to know how
> much your father is really eating. It is best to
> weigh the food he consumes to know this most
> accurately but measuring by volume will be close
> enough to get an idea of what is really going on
> with his intake.
>
> This is very easy to keep track of online for
> free. I use Cronometer...
>
> [cronometer.com]
>
> For a few dollars a month you can get an upgraded
> version of your account you make there that has a
> lot of very handy features like being able to
> search raw foods by their ranked individual
> nutrient contents and the ability to share
> account information with others, like his doctor,
> for instance.
>
> One thing I have found is that simply by adding a
> quarter of a cup of ground flax seed to my diet
> each day I am able to optimize virtually any other
> fats in my diet to maintain a very favorable Omega
> 3:Omega 6 fatty acid ratio. It's just that simple
> and easy to do - and it's important.
>
> Gluten intolerance, and worse, is still one of the
> most under diagnosed diseases so, IMO, it would be
> wise to avoid any plants which produce gluten -
> including any of those plant's processed grass
> products unless you grow and process them,
> carefully, yourself.

Anna, one thing I'd like to add is that personally my very favorite high protein raw food is Sacha Inchi seeds. I also find them extremely easy to digest in the form I consume them. I grind them up finely in a spice grinder with a little salt and mash in a few drops of sacha inchi oil to make a mock roasted peanut butter which is very delicious and even tastes roasted despite being raw.

Sasha Inchi seeds are extremely nutritious and taste way way better than hemp does. I didn't mention them before due to the fact that they are pretty pricy but now I see Matt Monarch has an excellent sale on them so instead of the normal $19.95 a pound they are $8.95 a pound so it's a good time to stock up big time on them (for freezing) as I have. Their raw Sacha Inchi oil is also on sale now.

P.S. I called to make sure they weren't low on stock before I posted this and was told they have plenty left.

[www.therawfoodworld.com]

If ordering the oil keep it refrigerated due to the expiration date. The bottle I bought is not at all rancid and tastes very fresh.

[www.therawfoodworld.com]

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: April 29, 2015 09:02PM

SueZ Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > Anna1991 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hi Suez,
> > >
> > > Thank you for the support
> > >
> > > Can you recommend which hemp protein should
> I
> > > buy? and also he mentioned flower pollen have
> > you
> > > ever heard of it? and what is this for?
> >
> >
> > You're welcome, Anna.
> >
> > Where I am in the US the best I can get is
> > Manitoba Harvest raw shelled hemp seeds from
> > Canada. If where you are you are lucky enough
> to
> > have whole sproutable hemp seeds available
> those
> > would be the best to buy - and the most
> versatile
> > to use.
> >
> > One thing that is very important is to know how
> > much your father is really eating. It is best
> to
> > weigh the food he consumes to know this most
> > accurately but measuring by volume will be
> close
> > enough to get an idea of what is really going
> on
> > with his intake.
> >
> > This is very easy to keep track of online for
> > free. I use Cronometer...
> >
> > [cronometer.com]
> >
> > For a few dollars a month you can get an
> upgraded
> > version of your account you make there that has
> a
> > lot of very handy features like being able to
> > search raw foods by their ranked individual
> > nutrient contents and the ability to share
> > account information with others, like his
> doctor,
> > for instance.
> >
> > One thing I have found is that simply by adding
> a
> > quarter of a cup of ground flax seed to my diet
> > each day I am able to optimize virtually any
> other
> > fats in my diet to maintain a very favorable
> Omega
> > 3:Omega 6 fatty acid ratio. It's just that
> simple
> > and easy to do - and it's important.
> >
> > Gluten intolerance, and worse, is still one of
> the
> > most under diagnosed diseases so, IMO, it would
> be
> > wise to avoid any plants which produce gluten -
> > including any of those plant's processed grass
> > products unless you grow and process them,
> > carefully, yourself.
>
> Anna, one thing I'd like to add is that personally
> my very favorite high protein raw food is Sacha
> Inchi seeds. I also find them extremely easy to
> digest in the form I consume them. I grind them up
> finely in a spice grinder with a little salt and
> mash in a few drops of sacha inchi oil to make a
> mock roasted peanut butter which is very delicious
> and even tastes roasted despite being raw.
>
> Sasha Inchi seeds are extremely nutritious and
> taste way way better than hemp does. I didn't
> mention them before due to the fact that they are
> pretty pricy but now I see Matt Monarch has an
> excellent sale on them so instead of the normal
> $19.95 a pound they are $8.95 a pound so it's a
> good time to stock up big time on them (for
> freezing) as I have. Their raw Sacha Inchi oil is
> also on sale now.
>
> P.S. I called to make sure they weren't low on
> stock before I posted this and was told they have
> plenty left.
>
>
> [www.therawfoodworld.com]
> edsunsalted1lb-pi1008929#.VUE-_Mt0yP8
>
> If ordering the oil keep it refrigerated due to
> the expiration date. The bottle I bought is not at
> all rancid and tastes very fresh.
>
> [www.therawfoodworld.com]
> ha+inchi+oil&x=20&y=8

Not sure if you know or not but it should be noted that those sacha inchi seeds aren't raw. Personally I think hemp seeds with their amino acid profile, GLA, magnesium and zinc are the best source of vegan protein, along with chlorella and spirulina. I use them primarily in salad dressings but also homemade hemp milk.

Date: April 29, 2015 09:24PM

jtprindl Wrote:

>
> Not sure if you know or not but it should be noted
> that those sacha inchi seeds aren't raw.

Oh crap, so that's why they taste so good. Are you sure? Was I deceived by supposedly raw vegan Angela Monarch eating them and the package saying they were low temperature dried? Seems like I may have been.

Date: April 29, 2015 09:40PM

SueZ Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > Not sure if you know or not but it should be
> noted
> > that those sacha inchi seeds aren't raw.
>
> Oh crap, so that's why they taste so good. Are you
> sure? Was I deceived by supposedly raw vegan
> Angela Monarch eating them and the package saying
> they were low temperature dried? Seems like I may
> have been.

Yeah they released a sacha inchi video where he said they weren't raw, but the product description also states: "When I went to Peru to source these Sacha Inchi Seeds and while there, I tried a 100% Raw Sacha Inchi Seed for the first time. Although on the bag of the Sacha Inchi Seeds we used to carry from another company it states that the seeds are Raw, I found out while taste-testing in Peru that there’s actually no way those seeds are 100% Raw. It is impossible to eat a Raw Sacha Inchi Seed. Your mouth explodes with a puckering, cleaving unbearable taste, which permeates your t0ngue and all throughout your mouth! I’m convinced therefore that the other seeds we used to carry are roasted. The ones that we now carry are slow-dried at the l0west temperatures possible until they are brought to the perfect taste! Although they are not 100% Raw, they are the most fresh and best-tasting Sacha Inchi Seeds on the market due to the love, care, and attention put in with drying times that are much longer than usual!"

Date: April 29, 2015 10:02PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > jtprindl Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > Not sure if you know or not but it should be
> > noted
> > > that those sacha inchi seeds aren't raw.
> >
> > Oh crap, so that's why they taste so good. Are
> you
> > sure? Was I deceived by supposedly raw vegan
> > Angela Monarch eating them and the package
> saying
> > they were low temperature dried? Seems like I
> may
> > have been.
>
>
> Yeah they released a sacha inchi video where he
> said they weren't raw, but the product description
> also states: "When I went to Peru to source these
> Sacha Inchi Seeds and while there, I tried a 100%
> Raw Sacha Inchi Seed for the first time. Although
> on the bag of the Sacha Inchi Seeds we used to
> carry from another company it states that the
> seeds are Raw, I found out while taste-testing in
> Peru that there’s actually no way those seeds
> are 100% Raw. It is impossible to eat a Raw Sacha
> Inchi Seed. Your mouth explodes with a puckering,
> cleaving unbearable taste, which permeates your
> t0ngue and all throughout your mouth! I’m
> convinced therefore that the other seeds we used
> to carry are roasted. The ones that we now carry
> are slow-dried at the l0west temperatures possible
> until they are brought to the perfect taste!
> Although they are not 100% Raw, they are the most
> fresh and best-tasting Sacha Inchi Seeds on the
> market due to the love, care, and attention put in
> with drying times that are much longer than
> usual!"

Did he say the actual temperature they are dried at?

Date: April 29, 2015 10:12PM

SueZ Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> -----> > SueZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > jtprindl Wrote:
> > >
> >
>

> >
> > > -----
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Not sure if you know or not but it should
> be
> > > noted
> > > > that those sacha inchi seeds aren't raw.
> > >
> > > Oh crap, so that's why they taste so good.
> Are
> > you
> > > sure? Was I deceived by supposedly raw vegan
> > > Angela Monarch eating them and the package
> > saying
> > > they were low temperature dried? Seems like I
> > may
> > > have been.
> >
> >
> > Yeah they released a sacha inchi video where he
> > said they weren't raw, but the product
> description
> > also states: "When I went to Peru to source
> these
> > Sacha Inchi Seeds and while there, I tried a
> 100%
> > Raw Sacha Inchi Seed for the first time.
> Although
> > on the bag of the Sacha Inchi Seeds we used to
> > carry from another company it states that the
> > seeds are Raw, I found out while taste-testing
> in
> > Peru that there’s actually no way those seeds
> > are 100% Raw. It is impossible to eat a Raw
> Sacha
> > Inchi Seed. Your mouth explodes with a
> puckering,
> > cleaving unbearable taste, which permeates your
> > t0ngue and all throughout your mouth! I’m
> > convinced therefore that the other seeds we
> used
> > to carry are roasted. The ones that we now
> carry
> > are slow-dried at the l0west temperatures
> possible
> > until they are brought to the perfect taste!
> > Although they are not 100% Raw, they are the
> most
> > fresh and best-tasting Sacha Inchi Seeds on the
> > market due to the love, care, and attention put
> in
> > with drying times that are much longer than
> > usual!"
>
> Did he say the actual temperature they are dried
> at?

Not sure, I don't think I watched the entire video.

Date: April 29, 2015 11:33PM

another 100% raw eater bites the dust.

oh well, matt monarch isn't all either so it's alright.

drinking smiley

Date: June 01, 2015 08:40AM

Hello again,

My father started taking hemp powder protein and nuts but it seems his edema isn't going anywhere. He assumes that the cause of edema is not the protein defficiency but just a side effect of his diet. I am still worried because the last time he was at doctors office the ultrasound showed a water in his chest wall.

Does anyone have any idea what can cause the edema and water in organs other than protein defficiency?

He said he will not take any more nuts and proteins and I am afraid this will make his condition worse

Date: June 01, 2015 12:42PM

low functionality of liver and / or kidney

Date: June 01, 2015 07:15PM

Anna1991 Wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> My father started taking hemp powder protein and
> nuts but it seems his edema isn't going anywhere.
> He assumes that the cause of edema is not the
> protein defficiency but just a side effect of his
> diet. I am still worried because the last time he
> was at doctors office the ultrasound showed a
> water in his chest wall.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what can cause the
> edema and water in organs other than protein
> defficiency?
>
> He said he will not take any more nuts and
> proteins and I am afraid this will make his
> condition worse

Does he eat a lot of salt? What does his current diet look like? There are so many causes of edema that it would be impossible to offer precise advice without knowing more about his history and current lifestyle.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables