Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

distilled water question for sproutman jtprindl and others
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:42AM

I remember jt and sprtmn discussing this

can you talk about it more
like what are the benefits ( that you don't get from non distilled water)

experiences? etc.?

just curious
i used to drink distilled

then.. not any more

am wondering if i should go back to it

Re: distilled water question for sproutman jtprindl and others
Date: April 28, 2015 02:57AM

I would recommend that most raw vegans practising the conventional raw diets be very careful when drinking distilled water. Why? Because various nutrients can be leached despite what people say to the contrary. One must be very careful to have a highly nutritious diet to compensate for the leaching effect, and one must be very careful when consuming the distilled water so as to not overload the body too quickly because blood vessels can burst and clots then form which can come off and clog parts of the body causing stroke etc. I haven't got time to go right into it at the moment, but we must be extra careful when drinking distilled water.

People say that distilled water only leaches inorganic minerals. Baloney!!!

Yes, distilled water is the way to go IF we set up certain conditions to pave the way for optimal results.

Is mineral water or filtered water ideal? No,well certainly not good unless you pay tens of thousands of dollars to remove all the big pharma drugs completely.

Does the oxidative agents added by the water authorities remove all big phama drugs. No, they only remove about 90% at most because it is far too costly to remove everything.

I can tell you now that drinking filtered water is like consuming a cocktail of big pharma drugs. Dr James Sloane will disagree, but he is simply incorrect and l can prove it, and l do in my book. Yes, the average raw vegan is a drug taker and wouldn't even know it, their bodies would be full of toxic drugs. Just imagine all the reactions when all these drugs are combined in the water supply...what a mess. The effect might be small, but just imagine the 600,000 different drugs mixing in the water that get through the filters. One could call us "druggies"...most of us are on drugs, and we act like we are on drugs too.

I will also go as far to say that mineral spring water will also contain big pharma drugs.

Imo, distilled water is the only way to go unless you are rich and can afford a high end water filtration system. If oine does distilled water responsibly the benefits are amazing!

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 03:03AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 28, 2015 05:40AM

TSM wrote
one must be very careful when consuming the distilled water so as to not overload the body too quickly because blood vessels can burst

Tai:
I have heard that before. Once I drank a gallon of distilled water (freshly made into a glass container--no plastic involved) in a half a day or so and it caused me to have a headache, like my blood vessels were a bit strained. But had I just drank it slower, I think I would have been okay, like over the course of 18 hours.

My life changed when I started making my own distilled water in glass. I don't like the taste of anything else, not even Kangen water. La V, you ask what are the benefits. For me, the benefit is hydration with clean water. I don't feel other water is clean. I have distilled different kinds of spring water. My favorite water so far is the icelandic spring water that is alkaline. It leaves very little residue and is very clean.

Once you combine distilled water with something else (like a cold infused tea of fresh peppermint leaves, loquat flowers, lemon, etc), it is going to pull some minerals from the herbs. ONce you strain it, you will have a nice raw tea that hydrates without the worry of mineral loss. Yet, sometimes, it feels so good to drink it straight and sometimes you want it to clean you out.

[www.webeatprices.com]

This is the distiller I have (love 3 model). I have had mine for years and have had no problem. One old lady I know had a problem with hers after one year, but I have no idea if her helpers did something to it (like drop it or something). In any case, the customer service is sketchy with this company, but you get what you pay for. I ended up with a great deal, and would reorder, only because I know a lot of hardware guys that could fix it, if something happened. I change the filter on the machine every 3 months or so. I use white vinegar to clean it.

Date: April 28, 2015 06:33AM

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tai:
> I have heard that before. Once I drank a gallon
> of distilled water (freshly made into a glass
> container--no plastic involved) in a half a day or
> so and it caused me to have a headache, like my
> blood vessels were a bit strained. But had I just
> drank it slower, I think I would have been okay,
> like over the course of 18 hours.

Yes Tai, that is water intoxication and strain on the pipes in the body. It has happened to me on various occasions in the past and my throat also got dry (also a symptom). Basically, distilled water enters the body much faster because there is less resistence.

Andrew Norton Webber recommends drinking 1 liter quickly to put pressure on the body because all the old distilled water people always recommended it, but he is putting lives at risk with this advice, and his recommendations on various things are potentially harmful, so beware. And now he found out that someone had teeth problems from the distilled water, but he just brushed it off. And sadly he also has misread Hilton Hotema's warning on bone leeching effects.

>
> My life changed when I started making my own
> distilled water in glass. I don't like the taste
> of anything else, not even Kangen water.

Yes, that kangen water is bad news, very toxic actually, and no natural buffers to protect one against those nasty hydroxides.

>
> Once you combine distilled water with something
> else (like a cold infused tea of fresh peppermint
> leaves, loquat flowers, lemon, etc), it is going
> to pull some minerals from the herbs.

Oh yes, quite a lot of minerals actually,and l have the studies to prove it. If you soak seeds overnight for sprouting you can lose up to 40% of the minerals. Viktoras Kulvinskas made a crutial mistake in one of his books when he said that the soak water of seeds is highly nutritious after soaking seeds in distilled water, but he greatly misinterpreted the findings and didn't realise the soak water was the leeching effect. Never ever should one soak seeds in distilled water, and when doing ferments one can use it under certain conditions.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 06:37AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 28, 2015 09:58AM

This is a very interesting discussion. I drink distilled water, and I've followed the work of Andrew Norton Webber, but I'm a bit circumspect about just chugging down 1 gallon a day, as ANW suggests.

I don't usually drink much plain distilled; I mainly use it to make teas, ferments etc, so it makes me feel more confident in drinking it knowing there are minerals from the fruit/veg I've soaked in it. I sometimes also add something like MSM to it.

In terms of benefits, I haven't hardly had any colds since switching to DW (think I've had one small cold in the 2 years I've been drinking it). And it's nice to know I'm not drinking all the toxins from the tap water (you should see/smell the gunk that's left over in the distiller after the pure water has been removed - I'm very glad that hasn't ended up in my body!)

There's an enormous amount of positive testimonials from people who follow Andrew Norton Webber, but as he recommends other protocols too (raw food, UT, fresh juices), then in my view it's very difficult to know whether it's the distilled water alone that's actually causing the improvements. As we all know, just switching to a raw food diet is going to make a huge positive difference to the average person.

But I'm really interested in finding out more - it's a bit confusing, with the ANW camp saying it's perfect as it is, and other people (Mercola etc) going to far as to state it will cause early death! But it feels like it's all just opinion - I'd love to see some hard scientific facts.

Just like in the raw food world, it's easy to get caught up in a paradigm and get tunnel vision over what is right or wrong to eat/drink, so I like to keep an open mind. But so far my experience with it has been very positive.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Date: April 28, 2015 10:08AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
>
> Oh yes, quite a lot of minerals actually,and l
> have the studies to prove it. If you soak seeds
> overnight for sprouting you can lose up to 40% of
> the minerals. Viktoras Kulvinskas made a crutial
> mistake in one of his books when he said that the
> soak water of seeds is highly nutritious after
> soaking seeds in distilled water, but he greatly
> misinterpreted the findings and didn't realise the
> soak water was the leeching effect. Never ever
> should one soak seeds in distilled water, and when
> doing ferments one can use it under certain
> conditions.

That's very interesting TSM - so what do you suggest - soak seeds in DW with some additional minerals? I generally do add a little something or other to my soak water (MSM etc), but it's difficult to be precise about such things - how do you know you've added the right amount so the DW won't affect the nutrients of the sprouts?

Oh and also, I always recycle my soak water to water my plants with, so hopefully all those nutrients aren't going to waste anyway.

And what are the conditions you recommend with ferments? I always use it in my kombucha and water kefir without any problems. But I do add in something like lemon and ginger to the water kefir, and the kombucha will get its minerals from the tea I guess.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Date: April 28, 2015 10:46AM

I used to be a big ANW fan until l woke up that almost everything he says is wrong. I have never come across a person who gets it as wrong on so many things as he has, and l could write a small book exposing all his nonsense ideas. I like ANW very much, but l can't stand to stay silent any longer and see so many people fall for his deluded ideas.

I am of the strong opinion that distilled water can cause early death when not used wisely,but l am also of the opinion that distilled water can be our best friend when used correctly and in conjunction with a sensible diet that compensates for the leeching effect.

As for distilled water opening the third eye, Andrew needs to stop talking like this immediately, for he knows not the damage and trouble he brings by saying this. I fell for this rubbish for a while too when my brain was in the toilet, and l feel so incredibly stupid for falling for something l should have been aware of. The truth is, a person's 3rd eye will not open until the time is right, and that is why most people have not reported their 3rd eye opening regardless of how much water they consume and for long they have been consuming distilled water for. In other words, regardless of whether the pineal gland is clean,the third eye will not open until it is ready to open,and this depends on a bunch of factors. BUT...we can also have the 3rd eye opened by demonic spirits who possess us, and if ANW and his followers are not careful they will get what they wish for and a whole lot more...this is where l really grit my teeth at ANW...he needs to stop messing with things he doesn't understand. I am not going to go into why demonic possession can occur through trying to purposely open the third eye because it would take too long to explain and is far too high level in it's explanation, but the new age movement is full of classic demonic possession that can be easily felt and seen by various people including myself because these try hard new agers are trying to force supernatural powers, and when you try to force these things you can draw entities that are happy to oblige your wishes FOR A PRICE!!! The new age movement makes me completely sick for they know not what they do....l feel the possession everywhere. The new age movement is the most demonic movement to threaten mankind, and l can't stress enough foer peopleto keep well away from this garbage in the truth movement. I am not even telling you half the story and things l have experienced, but there is a very VERY powerful reason why l speak out against the new age movement and what ANW is doing. I strongly stress, it is important not to go down this path or you may be very sorry (I have tears in me eyes here).

I don't recommend soaking seeds in any DW. I think we should use a highly mineralised filtered water and then clean up any big pharma drugs by consuming distilled water, chlorella and seaweeds and raw diet etc. I think that is the best solution. Of course we could add minerals to DW, but l think we need to be careful to do it in the right balance and right amounts, it could be tricky.

>And what are the conditions you recommend with ferments?

To use all the ferment water and to never ferment nuts or seeds in and then discard the water. In other words, if you use distilled water, use the entire ferment and water.I used to be a big ANW fan until l woke up that almost everything he says is wrong. I have never come across a person who gets it as wrong on so many things as he has, and l could write a small book exposing all his nonsense ideas. I like ANW very much, but l can't stand to stay silent any longer and see so many people fall for his deluded ideas.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 10:53AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: April 28, 2015 02:41PM

I have actually been looking at a countertop water distiller after noticing more and more that the tap water here is cloudy and sometimes even white-ish! (and that just can't be good). I checked municipal water reports and they fluorinate the water. I am just very much NOT wanting to drink the tap water anymore.

I've actually heard before you can and should add mineral drops back to distilled water before drinking. Is there any truth to this? I already add mineral drops to my (homemade) toothpaste and am wondering if adding mineral drops to distilled water would beneficial (?) If so, how would one figure how many drops to add?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 02:44PM by Kiwibird.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 28, 2015 03:42PM

Kiwibird Wrote:
> I have actually been looking at a countertop water
> distiller after noticing more and more that the
> tap water here is cloudy and sometimes even
> white-ish! (and that just can't be good). I
> checked municipal water reports and they
> fluorinate the water. I am just very much NOT
> wanting to drink the tap water anymore.
>
> I've actually heard before you can and should add
> mineral drops back to distilled water before
> drinking. Is there any truth to this? I already
> add mineral drops to my (homemade) toothpaste and
> am wondering if adding mineral drops to distilled
> water would beneficial (?) If so, how would one
> figure how many drops to add?

I have heard that using an unrefined sea salt is good enough. Or a splash of fresh lemon juice.

As far as water quality, it varies by municipality and the cloudiness is obviously not related to fluoridation because everywhere I've lived it's been fluoridated and yet where I live now the water seems much better(clearer). I haven't been filtering, even though I know it still is not optimal. However, remember that we absorb many times over the water in showers compared to what we drink. I have a shower filter but have never been able to install it.

I have to say that I have noticed a trend of threads with titles seeking particular people's advice and even if it also invites others to comment, it suggests different tiers of value in the responses so that does not make me inclined to give my two cents. Just sayin'...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 03:44PM by banana who.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 28, 2015 04:38PM

banana who Wrote:
> I have to say that I have noticed a trend of
> threads with titles seeking particular people's
> advice and even if it also invites others to
> comment, it suggests different tiers of value in
> the responses so that does not make me inclined to
> give my two cents.

I agree, especially when you've answered numerous questions to the OP's numerous questions on the subject recently and they start yet another, now of the annoying new 'exclusive/tiered thread' genre so soon after the others.

Sure the "search" function on this site sucks but not enough to not have several of these threads show up when I searched "distilled water".

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: April 28, 2015 05:34PM

Rigid.

Sometimes when one wants information on a subject, one doesn't wish to read reams of old posts for hours in hopes of finding the answer.

Like in the Juicing Forum - there are a million posts on various juicers and which is better than which, but if I want to live in the here and now instead of the past, and don't want to spend hours reading irrelevant chit-chat from those who aren't even posting anymore - I'm going to start a new thread entitled, "What's the Best Juicer?"

Should the control freaks make Rules on formatting and posting questions and information and select a monitor to reprimand everyone who doesn't follow those rules eye rolling smiley

At least Veronique helps keep the board limping along.

Here's an idea - let's allow only one Thread about Durianrider.

Oh, and only one thread about Rodney - LOL

Date: April 28, 2015 05:40PM

Lois Wrote:

> Sometimes when one wants information on a subject,
> one doesn't wish to read reams of old posts for
> hours in hopes of finding the answer.

You do not understand. I, and many others, have answered the OP's same questions over and over many times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 05:46PM by SueZ.

Date: April 28, 2015 09:53PM

Nine months ago does not constitute 'recently' and TSM, Lisa M, Tai, and kiwibird were enjoying the fresh conversation, so there was no need to call Veronique out on it, besides which it would be TSM or jtprintl's place to do so.

She even said she remembered their discussing the topic and asked them to update or expound on their thoughts.

I remember jt and sprtmn discussing this
can you talk about it more
like what are the benefits ( that you don't get from non distilled water)
experiences? etc.?

just curious

i used to drink distilled
then.. not any more
am wondering if i should go back to it

It's like someone comes to my house and says, "Lois, I remember last year when you told me about the Raw Food Diet and how great it is. Could you please tell me more about it. I tried the diet a bit for myself and then stopped, but now I'm interested again." That's perfectly reasonable to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 09:54PM by Lois.

Date: April 28, 2015 10:09PM

And -

I see nothing wrong with directing a post to a specific individual - I think it's flattering to the addressee (unless it's to bitch at them), creates interest and feels personal and intimate for the viewer, and it doesn't happen that often.

banana who
I have to say that I have noticed a trend of threads with titles seeking particular people's advice and even if it also invites others to comment, it suggests different tiers of value in the responses

That's because each response and each respondee is of a different value than other responses and other respondees. Since when does everyone and everything in the world have to be 'equal'. So now Everyone's Words have to be equal? eye popping smiley

Also, the complaint about bringing up a topic which has already been discussed, albiet in a new thread, infers that Veronique exclusively is 'guilty of' all such supposed infractions, but upon examination, I see that she's not the only one who has done so. Just 'recently' (within a couple months) I see that Tai and Suncloud have also singled out an individual (and only 1 individual as opposed to 2) and did not use the Inclusive "and others" which Veronique did in the subject line of her thread.

Date: April 28, 2015 10:49PM

The clouds part and her holiness, Lois from the peanut gallery, speaks down to the minions below ...

Date: April 29, 2015 12:11AM

Lois Wrote:
> And -
>
> I see nothing wrong with directing a post to a
> specific individual - I think it's flattering to
> the addressee (unless it's to bitch at them),
> creates interest and feels personal and intimate
> for the viewer, and it doesn't happen that often.
>
>
>
> I have to say that I have noticed a trend of
> threads with titles seeking particular people's
> advice and even if it also invites others to
> comment, it suggests different tiers of value in
> the responses
>
>
> That's because each response and each respondee is
> of a different value than other responses and
> other respondees. Since when does everyone and
> everything in the world have to be 'equal'. So
> now Everyone's Words have to be equal? eye popping smiley
>
> Also, the complaint about bringing up a topic
> which has already been discussed, albiet in a new
> thread, infers that Veronique exclusively is
> 'guilty of' all such supposed infractions, but
> upon examination, I see that she's not the only
> one who has done so. Just 'recently' (within a
> couple months) I see that Tai and Suncloud have
> also singled out an individual (and only 1
> individual as opposed to 2) and did not use the
> Inclusive "and others" which Veronique did in the
> subject line of her thread.

"Lois," are you a reincarnation of someone that I am familiar with? I mean, you could PM me and reveal your true identity if you want or not. Whatever. Just curious. You seem very emotionally connected to the people on here...

I find it rather marginalizing for someone to seek a certain person or people over others and then include everyone, when we know damn well that s/he really just values their opinions over everyone else's or else s/he would have just posed the question and not specified anyone on here, LOL. Why not just PM a person if you consider him/her so superior in knowledge? I feel that human beings tend towards cliquishness, even past middle school. Or setting one person above another. I realize that some will think it's just my ego...maybe it is...It just didn't feel right. And it is not just this person. I have read other posts in a similar vein. That is all.

Date: April 29, 2015 01:03AM

banana who wrote:
I find it rather marginalizing for someone to seek a certain person or people over others and then include everyone, when we know damn well that s/he really just values their opinions over everyone else's

Tai:
WHen I wrote a thread addressed to Arugula, two things had just happened:
1) she revealed she had read thousands of studies and published book(s)
2) many people starting picking on her and making it very unwelcoming for her on the forum

I was genuinely curious about her point of view, but I also wanted to show her respect, to encourage her to continue to share despite people disrespecting her. Eventually, there was one attack too many against her and she stopped posting.

I also addressed a post to John Rose for similar reasons: 1) I was curious 2) I was trying to get the attention back on his health knowledge and away from the controversy that doesn't pertain to his health expertise.

Plus, PMs fill up so quickly. You only can have 5 pms and then no more can be sent.

I truly value everyone's input and experiences. I even learned from the one fruitarian that lost a lot of his teeth. I looked at the good things he had done with his diet. And even when people fail, this is also highly educational. Not everyone can have amazing healing stories. I find the failures equally educational. Everyone's experience is meaningful.

Date: April 29, 2015 01:10AM

Andrew Norton Webber

If you notice, Andrew has been off the scene for almost 18 months now, and there would be good reason for this imo. ANW started with very humble beginnings, but as his stardom rose he quickly became a train wreck waiting to happen, and it was only a matter of time before he went over the cliff, and unfortunately it needed to be that way. He is a very very sensitive man and it was only a matter of time before he had the rug pulled from under him and had his face pounded in the dirt (he was absolutely smashed behind the scenes and he took it really badly). I won't say too much of what has happened behind the scenes, but it looks like ANW is doing some serious soul searching and won't be back any time soon. He was a schoolboy in a man's playground and l think he eventually realised it, and fortunately he was smart enough to pull away before he made it worse for himself. I hope he learns from this experience.

I wish you well Andrew, it is very easy to run the train off the cliff mate. Glad you have taken a break, sometimes we need to do it.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 01:14AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: April 29, 2015 01:32AM

Tai, thanks for your post. I just want you to know that I couldn't recall which person had also sought particular people so it wasn't a veiled remark about your thread. Of course, people can erase their PMs and make space so that's not too big an issue.

Speaking of PMS, I find it rather disconcerting that apparently a lot of people use the PM feature frequently or at least did back a while ago. To have it fill up like that, you'd have to have an active conversation behind the scenes. I used to read people addressing one another by their given name on the forum to show that they were chummy with such-and-such poster behind the scenes. I find that it leads to a lot of two-faced behaviors but that's too boring to care about.

You made my point: we can learn from everyone. We can learn from the posters who are well-versed in science and medical backgrounds and the average person who has experiences to share, as well. No one should be relegated to chopped liver status. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 01:32AM by banana who.

Date: April 29, 2015 01:48AM

SueZ Wrote:
> The clouds part and her holiness, Lois from the
> peanut gallery, speaks down to the minions below
> ...

LOL

Says SueZ from the bully pulpit.

Date: April 29, 2015 02:07AM

banana who Wrote:

> "Lois," are you a reincarnation of someone that I
> am familiar with? I mean, you could PM me and
> reveal your true identity if you want or not.
> Whatever. Just curious. You seem very emotionally
> connected to the people on here...

Hey, I thought you with your 'sockies' and 'shills' knew who everybody is - LOL

> I find it rather marginalizing for someone to seek
> a certain person or people over others and then
> include everyone, when we know damn well that s/he
> really just values their opinions over everyone
> else's or else s/he would have just posed the
> question and not specified anyone on here, LOL.
> Why not just PM a person if you consider him/her
> so superior in knowledge? I feel that human beings
> tend towards cliquishness, even past middle
> school. Or setting one person above another. I
> realize that some will think it's just my
> ego...maybe it is...It just didn't feel right. And
> it is not just this person. I have read other
> posts in a similar vein. That is all.

Yes, we all have our favorites and those we disagree with and those whose style we don't like.

Date: April 29, 2015 02:17AM

banana who Wrote:

> You made my point: we can learn from everyone. We
> can learn from the posters who are well-versed in
> science and medical backgrounds and the average
> person who has experiences to share, as well. No
> one should be relegated to chopped liver status.

Yes, but there's such a thing as being respectful of others rather than insulting them when they disagree with us. Just because someone is knowledgeable, they shouldn't be given a free pass when they mistreat others.

Date: April 29, 2015 02:25AM

Lois Wrote:
> banana who Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > You made my point: we can learn from everyone.
> We
> > can learn from the posters who are well-versed
> in
> > science and medical backgrounds and the average
> > person who has experiences to share, as well.
> No
> > one should be relegated to chopped liver
> status.
>
>
> Yes, but there's such a thing as being respectful
> of others rather than insulting them when they
> disagree with us. Just because someone is
> knowledgeable, they shouldn't be given a free pass
> when they mistreat others.

"Lois," I have no idea what you are on about. If you want to elaborate, then bring it. Otherwise I will have to respectfully ignore your post as gibberish.

Date: April 29, 2015 02:36AM

Tai Wrote:

> WHen I wrote a thread addressed to Arugula....
>
> I was genuinely curious about her point of view,
> but I also wanted to show her respect, to
> encourage her to continue to share despite people
> disrespecting her.

> I also addressed a post to John Rose for similar
> reasons: 1) I was curious 2) I was trying to get
> the attention back on his health knowledge and
> away from the controversy that doesn't pertain to
> his health expertise.

Tai, you are always respectful of everyone and above reproach and I value your input since you first came on the board and tried to help The Storm.

I only brought you into the equation because I was curious as to how many, by whom and when all those posts that 'singled someone out' had occurred and you and SunCloud turned up as the only two in the last few months (because it's not a frequent occurrence, and so what if it is). Because like I said - the complaint gave the impression that it was a Veronica-only situation and happened often, which was not the case. I had to investigate to dispute the claim.

Sorry to drag you into my post. I hope you continue to give individual attention to whoever you want to on the board, because it's fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's interesting.

Date: April 29, 2015 09:17AM

This is a very valid point Suez. As I mentioned previously, ANW lumps together a few different protocols as part of the regime he recommends. Which makes it difficult to ascertain what exactly is causing any health improvements.

He also classes a few different substances together as 'distilled water': fresh juice, urine, machine-made distilled water, and rain. Of course these things are all scientifically different.

While he himself (from what I gather) is drinking urine, I would imagine the majority of his followers are drinking machine-made distilled water. So here we have a situation in which a 'guru' is doing one thing, and many of his followers are doing something different.

As for me, I'm really interested in what (if any) people like to add to their machine-made distilled water to make it safer to drink (and if it is indeed necessary). I really like the idea of adding fresh things in rather than salt or powders. I hear wheatgrass is good to add - just chop some fresh leaves into a jug of water. But I'm curious as to quantities needed etc. It all seems such a guessing game.

As for La V's title, it made sense to me - I just assumed that the people mentioned were known to drink distilled water - as not everyone here does. For instance, I think I recently made a thread about fenugreek sprouts which was directed at TSM, just cos I know he's reeeeeally into fenugreek sprouts, lol.

Date: April 29, 2015 06:45PM

Lois wrote:
I hope you continue to give individual attention to whoever you want to on the board, because it's fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's interesting

Tai:
Thanks Lois! That is very kind of you. I have learned a lot on the board by sharing with everyone.

TSM wrote:
I have also heard of one case where urine drinking did lead to toxicity

Tai:
My friend did a hair mineral test and his uranium levels were very high. I read that uranium is cleared through the urine, so I asked him to stop drinking his urine. He is the first person I ever met who drank urine, and later I read one of Jubb's books and discovered that he taught this. Anyway, the naturopath (NMD) that went over the test with us said that he finds many people on the west coast of the US with high levels of uranium.

Date: April 29, 2015 09:32PM

You don't have to be a high level spiritual master to know urine is a waste product. Pretty much everyone know that.

There are loads of people urinating out uranium. It's very common.

BTW good water distillers take radiation out of water. Ro filters can't do that. Remember Fukushima radiation is an ongoing catastrophe so everyone's exposure has nowhere to go but up. Protect yourselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2015 09:43PM by SueZ.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 30, 2015 05:29AM

Thanks all for answering my question .I got an interesting full spectrum ( as usual). For those who felt "marginalized" because I directed my question at specific individuals as well as specifically including "others" in my thread..My only reply is this :

" That's not my problem." and I stand by it... VERY firmly.

Date: April 30, 2015 04:50PM

Lois Wrote:
> banana who Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > "Lois," are you a reincarnation of someone that
> I
> > am familiar with? I mean, you could PM me and
> > reveal your true identity if you want or not.
> > Whatever. Just curious. You seem very
> emotionally
> > connected to the people on here...
>
> Hey, I thought you with your 'sockies' and
> 'shills' knew who everybody is - LOL
>
>
> > I find it rather marginalizing for someone to
> seek
> > a certain person or people over others and then
> > include everyone, when we know damn well that
> s/he
> > really just values their opinions over everyone
> > else's or else s/he would have just posed the
> > question and not specified anyone on here, LOL.
> > Why not just PM a person if you consider
> him/her
> > so superior in knowledge? I feel that human
> beings
> > tend towards cliquishness, even past middle
> > school. Or setting one person above another. I
> > realize that some will think it's just my
> > ego...maybe it is...It just didn't feel right.
> And
> > it is not just this person. I have read other
> > posts in a similar vein. That is all.
>
> Yes, we all have our favorites and those we
> disagree with and those whose style we don't like.

I wonder which category I fall under with you...

Is this KidRaw under a new handle? The smiley usage makes me wonder but it could be...someone else...I dare not utter his name...

Date: April 30, 2015 04:53PM

Mike Adams is promoting a water purifier called AquaTru but it seems to be similar to a Berkey with fluoride filters. Anyone know the difference?

[www.naturalnews.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables