Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

some ideas of the amount of weight I could lose...
Posted by: SlimLadyRunner ()
Date: December 30, 2006 10:10PM

Some of you know the scenario already so forgive me for being so repetitive!!

Hi, I was a fruitarian for three years and I've lost twenty pounds. Due to the stress, I started eating a lot of junk foods and I've gained back all the weight in two months! I found that this "normal diet" is not for me due to the lack of energy so if I go back to the fruitarian diet, will I lose weight and if I do, how long will it take for me to lose those twenty pounds?
Please be precise.
I made a big mistake due to poor judgment and I hope no one will ever have to face what I have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: some ideas of the amount of weight I could lose...
Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: December 30, 2006 10:27PM

argh...... i have the same problem...... i have 30 pounds to loose..... and it's from that pesky 20 percent cooked food i eat......

i WISH i could predict how much i can loose, might give me more motivation.....

i was 135 before ihad my twins 5 years ago... now i am 170.... it was ALOT of work to maintain 135 on 80 percent raw back then...... so now i have 30 pounds to loose and am going 90 percent.........

argh......

here we go AGAIN!

tiff n twins

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 31, 2006 12:41AM

Opinion:

-It must be very frustrating for you!

-Examine what you REALLY want. As long as you really want (what you think are) poor food choices...you'll find a way to get them....or something else equally destructive in body or spirit...so to speak.

-Set smaller goals...with timetables.....that you feel prepared to do for a lifetime. If you are doing something for a lifetime...you can set yourself very small steps/goals and get where you want with little effort! LOL.

-There are no mistakes on YOUR path. Only when you COMPARE your situation to some one else's can you ever truly suffer. Physical discomfort is fleeting (for most)....but mental comparison ensures a life of what the buddhist call 'suffering'. Accept YOUR level....however large or small it is. That's YOUR path. The man at the bottom of the mountain and the man at the top still have the same task: put one foot in front of where they are RIGHT NOW.

-What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: jamied1217 ()
Date: December 31, 2006 02:52PM

Hello!

well i am on a plan to loose 15 pounds in 4 months. I am averaging one pound per week...if you loose anymore than that it would be water weight which would just come back.

A pound of fat is 3500 calories. So first figure out how many calories you need just to stay alive (1500-2000) then see how much calories you burn for physical activity. This will be the total calories you need per day. Now inorder to loose a pound per week you need to cut back 500 calories per day.

Its not a diet...just science. Only give your vody the energy it needs...you give it more...then comes big thighs and chubby stomach!! smiling smiley

Also, don't worry about the carbs for now or the fat. You can play around with that in the latter months. Just stick to the calories for now.

Good luck people...we can do it and we WILL do it. Also keep a food journal...it actual works! it helps you build a better relationship with food.

Love you,
Jamie smiling smiley

Posted by: pikt ()
Date: January 01, 2007 07:31AM

i just found a really great website which will help you on the weight issue. they even have vegan boards as well as everything else. sparkpeople.com check it out really is worth it. oh yeah fairypikt reffered you.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 06, 2007 03:44PM

WELL- I STARTED OUT AT 245-YES! POUNDS! AND THE DR. HAD ME ON ALL KINDS OF MEDS.PAIN KILLERS FOR ARTHRITIS AND HIGH CHOLRESTEROL MEDS.AND I HAD HBP OF 150/100 AND WITH THE THREAT OF DIABETES MEDICATIONS.SO ON OCT.18TH OF 2006 -MY DR. PUT ME ON A DIET.NO SUGAR AND NO SALT AND LOW FAT.I HAVE LOST CLOSE TO 40 POUNDS IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS.I AM OFF ALL MEDICATIONS AND STARTED WALKING-THE DR. SAID 30 MINUTES 7 DAYS A WEEK.SO EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE IS A PROGRESSION.I THOUGHT LOW FAT BUT REVERTED BACK TO THE 60-70 WHEN I WAS A HIPPY AND WAS VEGETARIAN.NOW I AM GOING RAW.THEN I STARTED WALKING THE 10,000 STEPS A DAY PROGRAM.I FEEL SO GOOD. I HAVE BEEN RAW FOR 4 DAYS-I HAVE BEEN JUICING AND FEEL SO SO GOOD.SO I GUESS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DEPENDS ON KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT U ARE WANTING TO DO . I TOO AM EXPERIMENTING WITH BEING RAW-TO LOOSE MORE WEIGHT AND BE HEALTHY.GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

Posted by: tiffany martinez ()
Date: January 06, 2007 09:37PM

slim lady......

i have started doing about 90 percent raw and using fit day just one week now... i have been loosing .5 pounds a day.....

i expect that to slow down once my bmi gets closer to normal..... when i hit 150 i think it will slow WAY down....

so for now... i am pleased and feel SUPER good eating about 1,600 to 1800 calories a day.... and ALL Of that raw but 300 cals or so......

if I can do it... so can you... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK>>>>>>>

tiffntwins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables