Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 12, 2015 12:20PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I've only been 100% raw for two and a half years
> (and 90%+ raw vegan for six months before that),
> which is far less than many others and I do not
> have any digestion problems. Not sure why but
> maybe because I went raw at a younger age? I also
> went through a brief period where I was consuming
> massive amounts of probiotics, so that could
> definitely play a factor. Plus I use chlorella.

which probiotics were you consuming?
What makes cholrella good for digestive health?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 12, 2015 01:06PM

<<<And we think we have only been around 10,000 years and had no fire to cook our food? ... Saying mankind had no fire = baloney. You hear that John.>>>

You are being deceived by your so-called "spiritual masters"!!!

I'm working on a Video just for people like you who are EASILY deceived, so stay tuned.

Indeed, there are some serious LOGICAL FLAWS in RELIGION & SPIRITUALITY!!!



Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:16PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > I've only been 100% raw for two and a half
> years
> > (and 90%+ raw vegan for six months before
> that),
> > which is far less than many others and I do not
> > have any digestion problems. Not sure why but
> > maybe because I went raw at a younger age? I
> also
> > went through a brief period where I was
> consuming
> > massive amounts of probiotics, so that could
> > definitely play a factor. Plus I use chlorella.
>
> which probiotics were you consuming?
> What makes cholrella good for digestive health?


'Sunbiotics' and lots of kim chi.

Chlorella cleanses out the intestinal tract and helps to multiply probiotic gut bacteria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Date: May 12, 2015 10:38PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <<>>
>
> You are being deceived by your so-called
> "spiritual masters"!!!


Please watch that tongue John, sometimes we know not what we say.



>
> I'm working on a Video just for people like you
> who are EASILY deceived, so stay tuned.

I shall have my finest ears on John, and l shall let nothing slip when l hear it. If you make slips l will be onto you very quickly. I shall be very strict with you and put the video on a very short leash. If you start saying we are frugivores and all of that l will sink you. If you say we evolved from Apes etc,l will sink you. If you say we never had fire, l will sink you.

John, l look forward to hearing your thinking in the video, but l prefer no poppycock please. If you start talking poppycock l will sink you.

Do a good job John, because remember, my finest ears will be on for the occasion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 12, 2015 10:41PM

TSM:
I think Brian would rather people do some cooked sprouted legumes/grains instead of too much fruit.

Tai:
Is it safe to admit here that when I was in China, I got to order an entire plate of lightly cooked sprouted green bean shoots (around 2-3 inches long each)? They were amazing. I never ate green bean sprouts before.

TSM:
mankind had a highly advanced nuclear plant over 2 billion years ago that was in operation for 500,000 years and the universe is far older than modern scientists believe because it has been destroyed countless times.

Tai:
One explanation is that when earth was formed, different pieces were put together, and this one particular piece could have come from a very old civilization from somewhere else. It is an assumption that the earth was built from fresh new material. Nevertheless, the find is extraordinary.

TSM, I forgot to mention that I sometimes use banana leaves to line my wheatgrass trays before I put dirt down. Some people use newspaper, which is really gross to me. Hippocrates sells expensive plastic liners, but I have simple garden trays that have bigger holes which allow the dirt to fall through. Sometimes the outer banana leaves will die naturally, so it's okay to use these leaves, when I want to grow wheatgrass. The asians, africans and south americans use banana leaves for many things related to food. I also use fig leaves when the leaves are in season to line my trays.

As an herbalist, I have used plant leaves a lot on the body, when I make poultices. Let's say you want to cover a poultice. SO I will use a big leaf to hold the poultice in place and then use plastic wrap or an ace bandage over that. The leaf is much better than plastic to come in contact with the herbs and skin. SO, banana leaves have a very useful shape for humans to use.

Also, what I want to share about my bananas (which are not hybridized) is that there are visible seeds inside the fruit.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2015 10:49PM by Tai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Date: May 12, 2015 11:57PM

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TSM:
> I think Brian would rather people do some cooked
> sprouted legumes/grains instead of too much
> fruit.
>
> Tai:
> Is it safe to admit here that when I was in China,
> I got to order an entire plate of lightly cooked
> sprouted green bean shoots (around 2-3 inches long
> each)? They were amazing. I never ate green bean
> sprouts before.


When l first transitioned to raw 20 years ago l started by steaming adzuki and mung bean sprouts for 2 - 3 minutes foir a nightly meal. They tasted like stewed fruits and were amazing!





> Tai:
> One explanation is that when earth was formed,
> different pieces were put together, and this one
> particular piece could have come from a very old
> civilization from somewhere else. It is an
> assumption that the earth was built from fresh new
> material. Nevertheless, the find is
> extraordinary.


Great insight and comments Tai. Thankyou.



>
> TSM, I forgot to mention that I sometimes use
> banana leaves to line my wheatgrass trays before I
> put dirt down. Some people use newspaper, which
> is really gross to me. Hippocrates sells
> expensive plastic liners, but I have simple garden
> trays that have bigger holes which allow the dirt
> to fall through. Sometimes the outer banana
> leaves will die naturally, so it's okay to use
> these leaves, when I want to grow wheatgrass. The
> asians, africans and south americans use banana
> leaves for many things related to food. I also
> use fig leaves when the leaves are in season to
> line my trays.


I have a banana tree (never has fruit on it because it is far too cold). I just use plastic trays with holes in them. If l lined my trays with leaves l would need to place holes in the leaves and it would be so much messing around. Sproutarians need to keep things simple or their workloads will become too much and they could risk losing their minds lol. As Sproutman rightly said `one extra job is even more time spent'. Sproutarians don't even want one extra job unless it can't be avoided...we need to work fast and smart otherwise we would never be able to leave our sprout garden LOL. winking smiley



>
> As an herbalist, I have used plant leaves a lot on
> the body, when I make poultices. Let's say you
> want to cover a poultice. SO I will use a big leaf
> to hold the poultice in place and then use plastic
> wrap or an ace bandage over that. The leaf is
> much better than plastic to come in contact with
> the herbs and skin. SO, banana leaves have a very
> useful shape for humans to use.


Yes, wheatgrass pulp is good.

>
> Also, what I want to share about my bananas (which
> are not hybridized) is that there are visible
> seeds inside the fruit.

Wow, that is great Tai. You are so lucky. Do they taste sweet?

You seem to have it made food wise. It is the toughest it has ever been to be a sproutarian in Oz....can't grow any grasses or sunflower greens at all at the moment (everything dies no matter what is done), and many greens like alfalfa and fenugreek struggle to grow at the moment. Never known it to be so difficult. The only easy thing to grow are lentils, broccoli sprouts, radish sprouts and hulled sunflower seeds....all the other 20 seeds are a major effort to grow. Sproutarian crisis in oz = chickpeas, fenugreek, alfalfa, wheat, barley, rye, millet, mung, adzuki, chia, sesame, poppy, unhulled sunflower etc. I couldn't have worse luck than in the last 12 months, but l still hold my head up high and do the best l can.

Importing seeds costs thousands of dollars in lab fees, and the low value of the Oz dollar makes it costly beyond possibility. In the U.S you may get 10 pouds of alfalfa for $70 etc, but over here it will be thousands to import.

Becoming a sproutarian is Oz is the most difficult thing you will ever do. You have countless factors working against you. The fact that l make it work is a miracle and puts me in the best position to teach this lifestyle because l have most likely suffered more hardships and failures living this lifestyle than anyone on Earth probably ever will. Any ordinary person would have given up years ago if they faced the challenges l have. When l first started this lifestyle l had more than my fair share of tears, but now l am so used to the challenges that that l am numb to the pain and disappointments. If you didn't have my determination to make it work you could easily lose your mind completely by the shere factors working against you as a sproutarian in Oz, especially in cold climates. If you become a sproutarian in my area you need a mind of steel.

At the moment the only microgreen possible to grow are peas, and even those are really ragged. I could pay almost $2,000 for a 20kg sack, but that is too expensive for me so l have to put up with really rugged stuff that grows like old scrawny looking weeds. This is tough times.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 12:03AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: May 13, 2015 12:08AM

Tai wrote '' is it safe to admit here ....I got to order and entire plate of lightly cooked sprouted green bean shoots? They were amazing''

There used to be a regular high fruit raw fooder here who used to say that ''there are no raw food police ''. I wonder if Dave is still a 100% raw fooder these days??

In the distant past ( about 15 years ago ) this forum was a mad free for all ( worse than now ) it was pointed out that this board was for vegans and people eating 50% + raw. Unless the boards policy has changed, you can mention that you ate cooked vegan food. Whilst there are no raw food police, we do have a few RAW FOOD NAZIS and Psychopaths here.

PS. Did you feel guilt or shame for having eaten cooked food? We may need to send you to Platos Cave for RE-education.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:00AM

"Yes, wheatgrass pulp is good."

What are some of its uses?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:32AM

TSM:
Wow, that is great Tai. You are so lucky. Do they taste sweet?

Tai:
Oh yes. The longer you leave them in the sun on the stem (while still attached to the plant and alive), the sweeter they get. They also taste wholesome, probably because they are heirloom. But I like to make fruit salads, and I don't like to eat very sweet things by themselves.

TSM:
I could pay almost $2,000 for a 20kg sack,

Tai:
Unbelievable. I am sure I could pay no more than $100-$130, includes shipping. It's not something I grow, because the asians here sell pea shoots $1-$2 for a big bunch. Granted they are more mature than the typical sprout length, but they are good.

BJ:
PS. Did you feel guilt or shame for having eaten cooked food?

Tai:
Not at all. Looking back, after everything I know about parasites now, I think it was good eating cooked food in such a country, especially at a restaurant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:48AM

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> TSM:
> mankind had a highly advanced nuclear plant over 2
> billion years ago that was in operation for
> 500,000 years and the universe is far older than
> modern scientists believe because it has been
> destroyed countless times.
>
> Tai:
> One explanation is that when earth was formed,
> different pieces were put together, and this one
> particular piece could have come from a very old
> civilization from somewhere else. It is an
> assumption that the earth was built from fresh new
> material. Nevertheless, the find is
> extraordinary.
>
Never heard of this stuff before. Where was this power plant supposed to have been located? Where was the uranium mined? Who thinks the earth was put together from used part hunks and why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 13, 2015 04:16AM

Suez wrote:
Never heard of this stuff before. Where was this power plant supposed to have been located? Where was the uranium mined? Who thinks the earth was put together from used part hunks and why?

Tai:
It's in Africa:

[search.yahoo.com]

Some say it is natural, others disagree.

Regarding your last question, that's a pandora's box I don't want to open on this forum. But I did raise the idea to Michael Cremo, who wrote Forbidden Archeology, and he thought it was interesting. I think Michael Cremo's youtube videos are worth watching.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Date: May 13, 2015 09:04AM

2 billion year old nuclear reactor considered to be advanced and possibly made by an advanced civilisation:
[www.bibliotecapleyades.net]


30,000 year old pyramid:
[beforeitsnews.com]


Ancient pyramids with pictures of air planes and helicopters:
[s8int.com]


3 ‘Modern’ Inventions That Existed Millions of Years Ago: Nuclear Reactor, Telescope, Clothes
[www.theepochtimes.com]



It's time the human race woke up that we weren't cavemen, nor did we run around for millions of years not cooking our food either. Nor did we ever come from Apes etc. We have always had modern civilisations pop up throughout Earth's history.

Are we frigivores? Not on your life. We can be many things, it depends on the person. We make the mistake of comparing our intestines and different features to animals, but we can't do that in our case because we have things which set us apart from animals....we have a higher spiritual function and an enhanced ability to use tools and alter our foods to suit our varying conditions.


Think about this:
- animals are said to eat cooked food and only live half the amount of time compared with eating raw food. Animals who eat cooked food look younger apaprently.
- do humans who eat cooked food only live half as long as those who eat raw food? Humans who eat raw food rarely look younger,often they get sick and age just the same.

Something isn't right here. See...we are not neccessary raw eaters like animals, nor are we vegans or meat eaters...we can be a mixture of many things depending on the person.


Anyone who tries to argue against these points brought up is going to have a lot of trouble.

www.thesproutarian.com



Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 09:13AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:04PM

I try not to overthink such things, personally. Not that I'm one to bury my head in the sand, but I don't think it's healthy to obsess so much over food. I know that I don't feel good when I'm not getting enough carbohydrates and the ones that agree with my body most come from fruit. Under normal circumstances, I find that, for me, fruit does the body good. I am more energetic, and happy, and regular.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man?
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 09, 2015 12:42PM

My apologies. I could not bring myself to watching the whole video after all. What I heard is some baseless opinions, and lost interest.

It was good to read everyone's comments. Thank you for your contributions.


RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables