Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Profile On... COCONUTCREAM
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 01:17PM

In view of all the negativity lately on this site, in which I played my part I must say, this is an attempt to add some positive vibes to the forum. I plan to ask a few people about their experiences on the raw diet and hope they'll answer.

Coconutcream, Can you give us your experiences on the raw diet by answering these questions? All questions are optional. It's ok if you don't feel like participating (but I hope you do). Just type decline on the next post and we'll let the thread go to the Great Beyond. Thank you very much!

What made you go raw?

When did you go raw?

have you been continuously raw since you first started?

Your age (optional) and gender?

What climate were you in when you first went raw and what climate are you in now?

Can you say briefly how the climate you’re in affects, whether positively, negatively or neutrally, your raw lifestyle?

Do you recommend any place or places that are more conducive to staying raw?

What did you eat when you first went raw and what is your diet like today?

Approximately what percentage of your diet is raw?

If you know then what you know now what changes would you have made when you first started raw?

What’s your view on supplements and do you take any?

Do you do regular health tests, e.g. blood and others?

We know there are many kinds of raw diet so this question is specific. Do you have any advice for raw fooders who are leaning towards eating or eating the raw diet you eat?

Do you have any advice for raw fooders who may have find themselves in a rut?

Any other thing you’d like to add?

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Profile On... COCONUTCREAM
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 15, 2015 05:23PM

What made you go raw? Reading about Juliano and his RAW restaurant on the plant to NYC. in Enquirer magazine. Thats all it took. Instant overnight. 100%

When did you go raw? 2003

have you been continuously raw since you first started? Yes

Your age (optional) and gender? F

What climate were you in when you first went raw and what climate are you in now? Tropical and now Canada type weather.

Can you say briefly how the climate you’re in affects, whether positively, negatively or neutrally, your raw lifestyle? NEGATIVE. We belong in the tropics. But we all have free will.

Do you recommend any place or places that are more conducive to staying raw? Yes Tropics.

What did you eat when you first went raw and what is your diet like today? I ate basic raw vegan gourmet and everyday salads and smoothies and same today.

Approximately what percentage of your diet is raw? 100%

If you know then what you know now what changes would you have made when you first started raw? Just replace your cooked diet 100% the way it was, just change to all raw.

What’s your view on supplements and do you take any? Sometimes. Iodine, vitamin k ( no sun ) Infowars supplements I get some drops by my partner.

Do you do regular health tests, e.g. blood and others? No,I am perfect.

We know there are many kinds of raw diet so this question is specific. Do you have any advice for raw fooders who are leaning towards eating or eating the raw diet you eat? You are 100% raw in your mind first.

Do you have any advice for raw fooders who may have find themselves in a rut? Hypnotize yourself into believing you have and always will be 100% raw. Whatever it takes its about control over your mind.

Any other thing you’d like to add? Thanks.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 15, 2015 06:35PM

Yes, you are perfect!

Posted by: HH ()
Date: May 15, 2015 08:58PM

Wow. 12 years and not one bite of cooked food.

Date: May 15, 2015 09:04PM

That's awesome CC. Thank you!

Date: May 15, 2015 10:18PM

No problem, anything else you want to know

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: May 15, 2015 11:46PM

Were you 100% raw for all those years since 2003, coconutcream?

Date: May 16, 2015 12:24AM

YES. Look I have my challenges like you all do too, and I deal with temptation and accidents just like all of you. I am no different. I aim every day to eat 100% raw and I believe in it. I dont let my mind cheat once, even if my body does by accident or just a hiccup. Have I ever slipped you mean, yes, I have slipped but being 100% raw you will have moments when your body craves cooked food and you cannot let your mind go there. SOmetimes you need a taste in the mouth, a sip of tea or something or restaurant salads etc etc but the point is to always focus on being 100% raw and even when you fall keep it up, never fall in your mind, if the body does, just guide it back with your affirmations.

Perfect Health, paradise awaits you.

Noone is a perfect anything, but when I say I am perfect, its a state of mind I align with,

Does that answer your question. Yes I am 100% raw since 2003, mostly most of the time, the blips dont even show up on the radar.

The only way to beautiful health is raw vegan foods. Its inside and out wellness, instant cure to anything, you are on the road right away and you will never look back to who you were,

Align with being 100% raw at all times and if you cant, keep aligning. The body eventually will follow.

When you guys find yourselves drooling for cooked food, repeat to yourself how disgusting it is. Tell yourself as you are having cravings, and see what happens. Maybe you skip it altogether. I bet you will.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2015 12:28AM by coconutcream.

Date: May 16, 2015 05:12AM

Thanks, CC! You make a lot of good points. Can you give us a typical day's food?

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 02:14PM

Thank you so much, Coconutcream, for sharing these beautiful thoughts and motivational answers, I totally enjoyed reading them, they are very true, such an inspiration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 12:57AM by Prana.

Date: May 16, 2015 02:32PM

So being 100% raw is a state of mind and has nothing to do with what you actually eat? That seems to be what I'm hearing in this thread.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 16, 2015 02:59PM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So being 100% raw is a state of mind and has
> nothing to do with what you actually eat? That
> seems to be what I'm hearing in this thread.

Shhh.... stuff like that flies way over Anon 102's head.

Date: May 16, 2015 09:02PM

Suez,--"Shhh.... stuff like that flies way over Anon 102's head."

Listen, you old tart, I see you're getting frisky and you need a playmate. Forget about me. I just got out of bed with someone. Try jtprindl.

Date: May 17, 2015 10:12PM

HH Yes that is what I am saying. I am 100% raw. If I suck on a nacho once a year ago, I still consider myself 100% raw. It is a state of mind you have to have. Considering all the time I eat raw food for days --weeks --and years on end. Yes. Since 2003. I can say I am 100% raw. That is my daily diet. Period. Those mistakes moments, flashes of insanity do not even show up on the radar, they are so small. As they should be for everybody.

There really is an 100% raw idea out there, it can be accomplished for long periods of time. It exists. I have attained this many many times in my life. I have also failed alot. But I got back on to my identity. Like ants whose chemical paths been burnt, they go chaotic. But they find their way back again. Mistakes happen. But that does not mean oh you are not 100% raw anymore. No, you just pick up and become it and maybe a year goes by perfectly or maybe its only a week...you keep trying.

Even the highest fruitarians admit it is not easy to be 100% all the time. Even breatharians have been known to get a sandwich. Every now and then. It doesnt mean all of a sudden you are ruined forever tainted. No, you just pick up again and become that 100% you can all over again.

You dont say hey since I had that crouton I am now raw til 4...or no, I am a cooked foodist now since I found a cooked baby carrot in my mouth...no, you sit up and go back to being 100% raw until its pure again.

It helps to focus and really make it your "will" and you must speak of it often and your goals and ideals. Optimally, go 100%, try that out for a given amount of time. Three months maybe..

And we should all support each other here. This is for support. Meaning love unconditionally and to help heal. Thats why we are here. There are sick people here coming to learn from us. People who cannot recognize the face in the mirror. People who never have been who they wanted to be. This is their chance. To find out what this diet is all about.
Its paradise, beauty.

Its like the Cherie Soria book title, ANGEL FOOD.

If anyone out there does not believe me, then go 100% raw for three weeks, I say at a retreat, and then say you dont believe me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 10:17PM by coconutcream.

Date: May 17, 2015 10:59PM

If I had the time and inclination I could use this site's search engine and find threads where you've talked about falling off the raw wagon. No amount of double-talk and new-age woo will change that. Noobs come to this site looking for advice and inspiration. To even insinuate, let alone flat-out say, that you've been 100% for 12 years when you haven't is wrong.

No offense, but I think that in a moment of weakness your ego compelled you to be less than honest. Because we're imperfect, it happens to all of us at one time or another. I used to tell people that I was 100% raw when I was in fact drinking alcohol and eating steamed rice every day. That was just my ego talking.

If you want to support people, tell the truth.

Date: May 17, 2015 11:22PM

I am a raw foodist. I am. I been eating this way for like a decade.

I am the real deal. And I am proud of what I have done. I know how hard it is. I have done it.

I think you guys all know who I am inside and out. I been here on and off and many different names since the beginning. Just like I know you all. We are here for the love of raw foods.

And to help people, yes, 100% raw is best, do the best you can.

That is so sweet you are collecting my quotes, just make sure you dont make me looklike a joke.

Cooked food horrifies me. Its so disgusting.

I come from raw vegan kitchen background so I make fancy recipes alot. I have every raw food book. All the rare ones too.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 11:30PM by coconutcream.

Date: May 17, 2015 11:43PM

Just because I am on here posting publicly does not mean I give permission for anyone to make a file on me or profile me in any way. I OPT OUT of any data collection of me. Thank You.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 11:49PM by coconutcream.

Date: May 17, 2015 11:53PM

Having a good memory doesn't mean that I'm keeping a file on anyone. I remember you honestly talking about your struggles and actually admiring you for that honesty. It made you seem different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 11:54PM by HH.

Date: May 18, 2015 12:07AM

Yes there was a grey area. I was pregnant three times and it was a challenge. But not impossible.

I am the only raw vegan person in my family. MY FAMILYS DIET I HAVE TO LIVE WITH:
Organic vegan-ish most of the time but they like their dairy and cheese from farms next door. We get deer meat from neighbors too and eggs and chickens are everywhere..dad loves raw goat milk. The kids love everything I just make sure its organic. I dont like to cook but I have to sometimes and usually I can do macrobiotic like meals. Beans, rice, squash, for my kids, thats it. They eat raw veggies and raw fruits with every meal. They eat all my smoothies before I get it. I cant eat any durian its all gone before me...and they eat all my nori sheets. All my fruit. All my raw cacao treats. Daddy cooks organic meals for them. He often eats organic meat. Its nasty I know. But its less and less and I make a big deal everytime.

It can be very challenging for me if not everyday which is why I am on here so much.

That would bring me down a notch in RAWness to many of you people.
But I believe a 100% raw vegan diet is right for me. I aspire to it daily. I need all of you to point back to me and tell me when I am doing it wrong also. My goal is to live in a raw vegan paradise. One day. That to me is perfection. But everyone has free will. I can only control myself and lead by example.

Did I ever mention I loved raw cacao since it became trendy? I love it. I still do. If you guys want to try to figure out what kind of person I am. What does that make me?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2015 12:12AM by coconutcream.

Date: May 18, 2015 01:21AM

That's very relatable. I'm in the same situation in my house where I'm the only one who aspires to be raw. I'd love to go on a raw adventure with my wife but she seems incapable of it. I just try to get in as much raw vegan food as I possibly can. I wonder how many of us have to cook for people who are carnivores.

Thanks for sharing what your home-life is like!

coconutcream Wrote:
> Yes there was a grey area. I was pregnant three
> times and it was a challenge. But not impossible.
>
> I am the only raw vegan person in my family. MY
> FAMILYS DIET I HAVE TO LIVE WITH:
> Organic vegan-ish most of the time but they like
> their dairy and cheese from farms next door. We
> get deer meat from neighbors too and eggs and
> chickens are everywhere..dad loves raw goat milk.
> The kids love everything I just make sure its
> organic. I dont like to cook but I have to
> sometimes and usually I can do macrobiotic like
> meals. Beans, rice, squash, for my kids, thats it.
> They eat raw veggies and raw fruits with every
> meal. They eat all my smoothies before I get it. I
> cant eat any durian its all gone before me...and
> they eat all my nori sheets. All my fruit. All my
> raw cacao treats. Daddy cooks organic meals for
> them. He often eats organic meat. Its nasty I
> know. But its less and less and I make a big deal
> everytime.
>
> It can be very challenging for me if not everyday
> which is why I am on here so much.
>
> That would bring me down a notch in RAWness to
> many of you people.
> But I believe a 100% raw vegan diet is right for
> me. I aspire to it daily. I need all of you to
> point back to me and tell me when I am doing it
> wrong also. My goal is to live in a raw vegan
> paradise. One day. That to me is perfection. But
> everyone has free will. I can only control myself
> and lead by example.
>
> Did I ever mention I loved raw cacao since it
> became trendy? I love it. I still do. If you guys
> want to try to figure out what kind of person I
> am. What does that make me?

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: May 18, 2015 05:12AM

Great advertisement for the raw food community - not! People saying they are 100% raw and not being 100% raw. For people who have been around a long time it's not an issue, but to deceive new people who hear people say they are 100% raw for so long and how great they feel and later admit they haven't been 100% raw is a sad indictment of some people in the raw community.

There is nothing wrong with saying '' I am 100% raw 95% of the time '', but to lie and say you're 100% raw and fool and deceive people who are struggling to be 100% raw is sad sad sad.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 18, 2015 05:33AM

we get it - cc has a little contradiction there. that's why i say 99%.

but what people could do is

don't worry about other people.

or

assume nobody is 100%

or be your own guru.

there's different definitions of all raw anyway AND
all raw doesn't mean healthier necessarily.

it's so ridiculous to have to say something like, i'm X % Y% of the time.

raw vegan aspirants are the only people who need to be so concerned about 100% .

everyone else can eat whatever their "healthy" diet is and nobody is there to yell at them for not being 100% this or 100% that forever.

Date: May 18, 2015 06:10AM

most likely nobody is really ALL RAW...

this whole 100% raw thing is not good

many things are questionable as far as raw or not

nuts
seeds
dehydrated foods
most oils
hot water dipped mangos
powders
b12 pills
salts, spices
braggs, etc, etc

and many things are "raw" but some would say not healthy....

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:00AM

I'm not concerned with what people eat. It's just that new people are easily influenced by glib lines like ' if you can't make a meal out of it then it's not fit to eat ', or 'salt is a poison', or ... whatever. More newbies would be more successful and do better if they weren't frightened into believing that if they ate raw and had a tiny bit of cooked food if they wanted it that all the good would be undone.

For most of us here it's not an issue. Also, when you hear Prana saying that most of his raw teachers now eat cooked food, and HH admitting that he was telling people he was 100% raw and drinking alcohol and eating rice then we need to face reality.

Date: May 18, 2015 08:23AM

Nice post BJ. It's important to see things from a mentally balanced perspective. Forcing oneself to fit into a certain category is not healthy nor balanced. We don't want to be in a position where 100% raw makes us miserable and stressed, we need to create a lifestyle which is balanced for our needs. It's important to use logic and common sense and to avoid extremist thinking.

Date: May 18, 2015 08:36AM

I aim to be the best I can.

Date: May 18, 2015 08:53AM

coconutcream Wrote:
> I aim to be the best I can.

Fantastic coconutcream, l always aim to be the best l can too. My behaviour on this forum hasn't been optimal in the last few weeks, but now l am back! If someone tells me they hate me l am going to love them regardless. If someone yells in my face all day long l am going to love them regardless. If someone belts me l am going to love them like my brother.

You think l make this up? No no, it has taken some serious meditation and spiritual reading to get me back on track. I shall not let myself down again.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:15AM

fresh Wrote:
> most likely nobody is really ALL RAW...
>
> this whole 100% raw thing is not good
>
> many things are questionable as far as raw or not
>
> nuts
> seeds
> dehydrated foods
> most oils
> hot water dipped mangos
> powders
> b12 pills
> salts, spices
> braggs, etc, etc
>
> and many things are "raw" but some would say not
> healthy....

The key is to make conscious raw choices, there will be cases where we eat something that is not raw unknowingly. When some say they are 100 percent raw that is the way I interpret it unless they grow their own foods.

Prana had it right when he answered the question
Approximately what percentage of your diet is raw?

"More than 99%. Actually, it may be less, because you really never know with nuts. Also, I like a store bought raw treat every so often, and these treats often use stuff like maple syrup, nori, and other not quite raw ingredients."

I can actually recall one coconut water that was labelled raw that coconutcream was drinking and posted on this forum, she was told it was not raw even though it was labelled raw coconut water.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2015 11:24AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: May 18, 2015 01:19PM

>It's just that new people are easily influenced by glib lines like ' if you can't make a meal out of it then it's not fit to eat ', or 'salt is a poison', or ... whatever. More newbies would be more successful and do better if they weren't frightened into believing that if they ate raw and had a tiny bit of cooked food if they wanted it that all the good would be undone.

that is what causes unnecessary arguments.

what you think is frightening someone, another person obviously does not think that it is frightening someone, so just sharing your view and allowing other people to think what they want works

Date: May 18, 2015 01:31PM

I don't think CC is contradicting herself if you look at it the way she is. I may be wrong but I think what she is saying is that in her mind, in her very being she is unquestionably, indisputably, absolutely dedicated to a 100% raw diet and lifestyle. The little blips here and there do not count. It's like if you are committed with all your being to saving and buying a house in two years , that doesn't mean if you buy a book or a video game(things that you don't really need) that you aren't totally committed to buying that house in two years. I guess it would be simpler to define 100% raw as eating all raw all the time but we are humans and I don't think a blip here and there matters too much.

Maybe I should have never asked that question sad smiley

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables