Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Profile On... COCONUTCREAM
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:10PM

shouldn't use the number 100%.

but the people who complain the most about others are those who share very little about themselves .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:16PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shouldn't use the number 100%.
>
> but the people who complain the most about others
> are those who share very little about themselves .

smiling smiley

Posted by: HH ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:26PM

Why not use 100%? There's a huge difference in the way one feels on a 100% raw diet vs. something like a 95% raw diet. People shouldn't pretend to be 100% and set false and potentially unrealistic standards for people who come here looking for support and info on the diet.

fresh Wrote:
> shouldn't use the number 100%.
>
> but the people who complain the most about others
> are those who share very little about themselves .

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:50PM

because of the questionable items - just some of which i noted above.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 18, 2015 05:07PM

Most times we know it could not be raw.
There is no way for commercially packaged unfrozen coconut water to be raw. Costco put that on their supply but it is not raw

Date: May 18, 2015 05:23PM

You've obviously never been 100% raw. "Little blips" make a big difference and should be acknowledged.

Anon 102 Wrote:
> I don't think CC is contradicting herself if you
> look at it the way she is. I may be wrong but I
> think what she is saying is that in her mind, in
> her very being she is unquestionably,
> indisputably, absolutely dedicated to a 100% raw
> diet and lifestyle. The little blips here and
> there do not count. It's like if you are committed
> with all your being to saving and buying a house
> in two years , that doesn't mean if you buy a book
> or a video game(things that you don't really need)
> that you aren't totally committed to buying that
> house in two years. I guess it would be simpler to
> define 100% raw as eating all raw all the time but
> we are humans and I don't think a blip here and
> there matters too much.
>
> Maybe I should have never asked that question sad smiley

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 18, 2015 05:28PM

I am more than 99% raw with the exception being herbal extracts like panax ginseng and he shou wu. Nuts and seeds are not an issue for me when it comes to raw or not as I do my due diligence when sourcing them out. I NEVER buy from the bulk section.

Date: May 18, 2015 05:35PM

HH Wrote:

"You've obviously never been 100% raw".

How do you know that? You been to the Tarot thread?

Date: May 18, 2015 05:49PM

I already answered that question.

Anon 102 Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
>
> "You've obviously never been 100% raw".
>
>
>
> How do you know that? You been to the Tarot
> thread?

Date: May 18, 2015 06:04PM

HH Wrote:
> I already answered that question.

Well, you are wrong. That has not been my experience.

Why don't you speak for yourself? Which brings me to this- Will you do a Profile On Ques for us smiling smiley? There you can give us your take on the raw diet. What do you say?

Date: May 18, 2015 06:06PM

Yes I'll do one when I have the time.

Anon 102 Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I already answered that question.
>
>
>
> Well, you are wrong. That has not been my
> experience.
>
> Why don't you speak for yourself? Which brings me
> to this- Will you do a Profile On Ques for us smiling smiley?
> There you can give us your take on the raw diet.
> What do you say?

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: May 20, 2015 08:31PM

100% is so overrated.

Duration is impressive, 100 is just a number.

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:02PM

Personally, I'm of the opinion that 100% Raw is totally different than any percentage. The 100% Raw High. If you're all raw and you eat any cooked at all, you feel it. The high is gone.

On 100% Raw, you're Clear, you can think straight. You feel it in the brain. Nothing like it. When I'm all raw and then eat anything cooked, I feel weird, like in the old days when you smoked and felt strange. I won't even take a sip of alcohol because it would kill the raw high.

And the point is that we shouldn't be misrepresenting ourselves, our achievement or ability.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 09:07PM by Lois.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:35PM

CORRECT I AGREE.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:38PM

Lois Wrote:
> Personally, I'm of the opinion that 100% Raw is
> totally different than any percentage. The 100%
> Raw High. If you're all raw and you eat any cooked
> at all, you feel it. The high is gone.

Sure, but if I said right now "I'm 100% raw!" - it'd be very impressive. But I may only have been 100% for 3 months and have eaten decades of cooked food. I might even be obese. The number means nothing, really. I might even have been 100% for ten years and only eaten raw chocolate and coconut and look horrible and have no teeth. Who knows.

I'd rather see photos of people and hear about their journeys, their environment and lifestyles than make judgements on a number.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: May 20, 2015 11:19PM

Thanks for posting Coconutcream. I can respect and appreciate the attitude of considering yourself 100% raw even if there have been a few accidents. "Blips" are bound to happen when you eat and live differently from the majority of the population. I was a vegetarian for 16 years before going vegan and raw. In those 16 years, there were 3 or 4 times I unknowingly ended up taking a bite of a meat-contaning dish but never didn't consider myself a vegetarian.

I'm also glad to hear you've been able to maintain a happy relationship and raise children as the only raw vegan in the home. I'm in the same boat with my omni-husband, and in the next few years, we want to have children. Always nice to know others have made a similar scenario worksmiling smiley

Date: May 21, 2015 04:21PM

I fully agree with this comment. winking smiley

Lois Wrote:
> Personally, I'm of the opinion that 100% Raw is
> totally different than any percentage. The 100%
> Raw High. If you're all raw and you eat any cooked
> at all, you feel it. The high is gone.
>
> On 100% Raw, you're Clear, you can think straight.
> You feel it in the brain. Nothing like it. When
> I'm all raw and then eat anything cooked, I feel
> weird, like in the old days when you smoked and
> felt strange. I won't even take a sip of alcohol
> because it would kill the raw high.
>
> And the point is that we shouldn't be
> misrepresenting ourselves, our achievement or
> ability.

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: May 22, 2015 04:58PM

bluespixie Wrote:
> Sure, but if I said right now "I'm 100% raw!" -
> it'd be very impressive. But I may only have been
> 100% for 3 months and have eaten decades of cooked
> food. I might even be obese. The number means
> nothing, really.

Yes, "100% raw" needs a qualifier - A period of time. Duration.

That's why the original question stated -

Have you been continuously raw since you first started?

Continuously is the operative word - continuously since first starting raw.

I also asked for clarification on the word 'raw' and that's where we got into a discussion of percentages.

Then came obfuscation - LOL.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:49PM

CC,
With all due respect... I've known you a long time, and in the past I have followed you both on this forum as well as occasionally on your blogs. I know that when you were pregnant you went off the raw food diet and were upset with yourself for eating cooked food. And on your blog you bemoaned the fact that you were trying to get back to a raw diet, and you claimed to have gained weight. (Which of course is totally understandable for a new mother, so I empathized with you.)
I am sad to see you feel that you must insist that you are 'perfect' and have always been a raw vegan. No one is perfect!
Blessings.
Be well, my friend.

Date: May 23, 2015 12:09AM

I never went off the raw diet. I may have eaten some cooked food at one moment and then wrote about it once or twice here ever. I was raw the whole time. I cant think back to going back to cooked food, it was more like I am in a new environment and I sucked on things or maybe had a tablespoon of pie filling when I would get crazy cravings for them. Thats what I meant. It was never I had a burger or anything like that. Maybe taste of squash and I spit it out. It was more of a body changing thing, look you guys when you have a new body - three kids, you can come to me and say it was easy.

Those times to me are Irrelevant but not to you guys huh... I think everyone I mean everyone, slips every now and then, its normal. We write about it here to get support and you guys have helped me alot.

Even 100% raw vegans do. Even those exotic 100% fruitarians in Australia -cook their other kids you dont know about- cooked food. No such thing exists 100% anything. People change evolve try new things. I am glad I never tried raw til 4. That is death.

I moved from the tropics5 to volcano weather and that was tough enough. I still have no exercise -where I was going to the gym in Miami 4 times a day. I gained weight mostly from 811. I can say I am a raw vegan.
I love raw vegan food. Its ideal diet for man I believe.

Mistakes along the path are irrelevant. Considering all the time you are making effort to make the raw recipes, be at the potlucks, dehydrate, blend chop all day everyday and for years it takes up most of my day still.

COoked food eaters dont just eat cooked food. Its the majority most of my diet. Over decade.

I hate cooked food, it is vile. I will never eat it again. But we can intend things all we want, its can I do that...as Rejean Durette said in his book on being a fruitarian, you cant be 100% all the time. Its the ideal though.

I send all you guys love and I know what you are trying to say, and I hope you hear me.. raw is law in my book. I am proud of what I have done and you would be too!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 12:23AM by coconutcream.

Date: May 23, 2015 12:28AM

I can say the last accident would be maybe 2009- 2010 It is so irrelevant, but you guys want this to be crystal clear.

I cant even remember what it was. Maybe I had a HALF pepperoncini. Like THE PEPPER. But it was in vinegar.

M/y boyfriend and I started dating and he didnt really know me. I went back to cooked food like a bite here and there. I never actually ate cooked food again, MY BODY WOULD HAVE DIED. I felt really bad about it. I hate cooked food. You know me, I was probably dramatic.

I can safely say I have been continuosly raw since 2003. Those moments are irrelevant. Everyone knows me. What is this. Love to you.

I miss my raw food buddies. I miss being a fanatic. But I have evolved and where I am now is not the same as when I lived in Miami. And single.

I am not selling anything. I come here to get support. I am 100% raw. There you go.

I do not come here to be a star, I just come here for selfish reasons, to get support and mostly for social reasons. I dont like having a public profile thread on me on a forum.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 12:42AM by coconutcream.

Date: May 23, 2015 01:03PM

Coconutcream--" I dont like having a public profile thread on me on a forum."

Whaaat???

You know before you answered the thread I said you could decline and let the thread disappear? Right?

Weren't you the one who said it was nice to be acknowledged? And yes I did acknowledge you because I knew you were a long time raw foodist. Plus you were encouraging Prana and Lois to answer.

Your problem came when you said you were 100% raw since 2003 and people said no, no. People said you were on the board within that time frame saying you ate cooked food.
Then you insisted that you were 100% raw even though you admitted eating a little cooked here and there, and people said no, you cannot be 100% raw if you ate some cooked food, even though to you it's negligible.

Then you said yes you were 100% raw and people said no
You said yes and people said no.
You said yes and they said noooo.
Then you said you didn't want to play anymore.

Then you tried to bury the thread by upping other threads.

With your experience you have a lot to offer so please quit acting like a child.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 23, 2015 07:25PM

Bluespixie wrote:

I might even have been 100% for ten years and only eaten raw chocolate and coconut and look horrible and have no teeth. Who knows.

Tai:

Exactly. And some people on this board scoff at the term orthorexia, when it actually exists.

I knew a young man (early 20s) who was losing four teeth on his all raw vegan diet. He didn't eat junk food, but it didn't sound like he was eating enough mineral-dense food for his activity level in construction. He was more attached to being all raw than he was attached to his teeth.

And then I have a friend who got a ton of dental implants on his all raw vegan diet. And now faces loses the remaining real ones.

But there is a way to do it right. It requires education, time and sufficient money. John Rose is doing good...he has all of his teeth.

But we can't compare a man to a pregnant or nursing woman or even a menstruating woman. They have different needs.

There was a woman with a young 2 year old daughter both eating cooked legume soup at a krishna restaurant we saw. We thought they were totally all raw, since she was co-owner of a raw vegan restaurant, where she could eat morning noon and night. She said she craved this soup while she was pregnant and her child loved the soup. I am telling the story because something was wrong with this woman's teeth. It was noticeable on all her teeth. It looked like maybe the pregnancy zapped her minerals. It looked to me like she was desperately trying to fill a void in her nutrient levels.

Looks like Fresh has been doing it the longest on the forum, and he has a healthy attitude about numbers. Even Lou Corona said in the year 2000 that he was just 90% raw due to traveling.

Date: May 23, 2015 07:52PM

The only person who puts pressure on people to be 100% is the one who lies about being 100%. I don't expect anyone to be "perfect" and I don't see anyone on this forum who does. I only hope that they'll be honest about their experience. Dishonesty when it comes to nutrition is not only useless but can also be damaging to people who end up following the example of the dishonest. Tell your real story. No one wants to hear what your ego has to say.

Tai Wrote:
> Bluespixie wrote:
>
> I might even have been 100% for ten years and only
> eaten raw chocolate and coconut and look horrible
> and have no teeth. Who knows.
>
> Tai:
>
> Exactly. And some people on this board scoff at
> the term orthorexia, when it actually exists.
>
> I knew a young man (early 20s) who was losing four
> teeth on his all raw vegan diet. He didn't eat
> junk food, but it didn't sound like he was eating
> enough mineral-dense food for his activity level
> in construction. He was more attached to being
> all raw than he was attached to his teeth.
>
> And then I have a friend who got a ton of dental
> implants on his all raw vegan diet. And now faces
> loses the remaining real ones.
>
> But there is a way to do it right. It requires
> education, time and sufficient money. John Rose is
> doing good...he has all of his teeth.
>
> But we can't compare a man to a pregnant or
> nursing woman or even a menstruating woman. They
> have different needs.
>
> There was a woman with a young 2 year old daughter
> both eating cooked legume soup at a krishna
> restaurant we saw. We thought they were totally
> all raw, since she was co-owner of a raw vegan
> restaurant, where she could eat morning noon and
> night. She said she craved this soup while she
> was pregnant and her child loved the soup. I am
> telling the story because something was wrong with
> this woman's teeth. It was noticeable on all her
> teeth. It looked like maybe the pregnancy zapped
> her minerals. It looked to me like she was
> desperately trying to fill a void in her nutrient
> levels.
>
> Looks like Fresh has been doing it the longest on
> the forum, and he has a healthy attitude about
> numbers. Even Lou Corona said in the year 2000
> that he was just 90% raw due to traveling.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 30, 2015 08:18AM

Like seeing roosters in a ring with razors. People betting " Who will win"? Betting money on this rooster or that rooster to "win"..All the while... everyone loses.

who cares who eats what

are you happy?

that's all that really matters

everyone trying to figure out what everyone else eats to get "clues" as to how "they" should eat..cuz..maybe.. just myabe.. that might give them what they want..so they can be happy

and in the meanwhile... tear each other's throat out in the quest for happiness.. in this thread.. in that thread.. in future threads..in pastthreads.. who cares anymore

eat a couch for all i care

Date: May 30, 2015 08:45PM

Yeah, eat what you want to eat. Just be honest about it.

la_veronique Wrote:
> Like seeing roosters in a ring with razors. People
> betting " Who will win"? Betting money on this
> rooster or that rooster to "win"..All the while...
> everyone loses.
>
> who cares who eats what
>
> are you happy?
>
> that's all that really matters
>
> everyone trying to figure out what everyone else
> eats to get "clues" as to how "they" should
> eat..cuz..maybe.. just myabe.. that might give
> them what they want..so they can be happy
>
> and in the meanwhile... tear each other's throat
> out in the quest for happiness.. in this thread..
> in that thread.. in future threads..in
> pastthreads.. who cares anymore
>
> eat a couch for all i care

Posted by: Raw Curious ()
Date: June 09, 2015 08:56AM

100% means 100%. it can't mean anything else. people don't care if suvine has eaten cooked food since she became a raw foodist, but it is non-sensical to say you are 100% if you are not. 100% by its very definition means that you have had 0% cooked food in that time period. even the raw foodist who only eats fruit and vegetables he or she has grown may have inhaled a few molecules of someone's spanakopita. confused smiley

it makes as much sense as saying 'i am a little bit pregnant'. i used to wonder why people who ate maple syrup called themselves 100%. doing a automatically precludes you from b.

that said, suvine is a delight and i know that she is saying she is 100%, as she refuses to be anything else. so i won't try and twist myself into mental knots about it. she has been raw for longer and more consistently than most people and i'm sure is riding the raw high.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 13, 2015 06:47PM

Is that really important to be 100 percent raw?

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 14, 2015 12:12AM

"i used to wonder why people who ate maple syrup called themselves 100%. doing a automatically precludes you from b."

Is there something special about 100%? Is a raw foodist who eats 100% raw somehow healthier than a raw foodist who eats 99.99% raw with a little maple syrup here and there? I choose not to be so fanatical over such trivial details. I don't adhere to pointless labels.

Posted by: Raw Curious ()
Date: June 15, 2015 09:24AM

For me it is not important whether someone is 100% raw or not. I certainly am not. Although those who are 100% say that the experience is infinitely better to being 99%. So maybe it is important to those who have experienced those exalted states.

To me calling yourself 100% when you eat maple syrup is just an example of something that makes no sense. It doesn't mean that it is of consequence to me, but it is obviously an incorrect statement and was just an observation I made. I cannot see the point of even using the term 100% unless the terminology suits the reality.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables