Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Profile On... PRANA
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 03:05PM

Prana, How about you? Would you come on my Profile On series(which was recently picked up by the History Channel smiling smiley) and give us your experiences on the raw diet by answering these questions? All questions are optional, of course. It's ok if you don't feel like participating(but I hope you do). Just type the word "decline" on the next post and we'll let the thread go to the Great Beyond. Thank you very much!

What made you go raw?

When did you go raw?

Have you been continuously raw since you first started?

Your age (optional) and gender(for people who don't know you)?

What climate were you in when you first went raw and what climate are you in now?

Can you say briefly how the climate you’re in affects, whether positively, negatively or neutrally, your raw lifestyle?

Do you recommend any place or places that are more conducive to staying raw?

What did you eat when you first went raw and what is your diet like today?

Approximately what percentage of your diet is raw?

If you know then what you know now what changes would you have made when you first started raw?

What’s your view on supplements and do you take any?

Do you do regular health tests, e.g. blood and others?

We know there are many kinds of raw diet so this question is specific. Do you have any advice for raw fooders who are leaning towards eating or eating the raw diet you eat?

Do you have any advice for raw fooders who may have find themselves in a rut?

Any other thing you’d like to add?

Thank you.

I have some more people in mind to ask but I'll let these 3 threads flow for now and see how it goes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Profile On... PRANA
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 15, 2015 05:26PM

Who is prana dating

Date: May 15, 2015 10:22PM

Who are you wearing?

Date: May 17, 2015 11:58PM

Favorite batman?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 18, 2015 04:34AM

What made you go raw? When I quit drinking coffee, I was unable to function. I had been drinking coffee for the previous 10 years, and working very long hours, and I was very under slept. When I quit the coffee, I was unable to work, in fact, even unable to drive to work, because I was so tired. My digestion was way off. I remember talking to a raw foodist before, who told me that eating raw gave a person a lot of energy. So in my desperation, I tried raw, and I was able to digest food again, and my energy came back.

When did you go raw? I first started raw in the summer of 2001.

Have you been continuously raw since you first started? I’ve been continuously raw since Christmas of 2001 (about 14 years).

Your age (optional) and gender(for people who don't know you)? I am a 54 year old male.

What climate were you in when you first went raw and what climate are you in now? I was living in San Francisco, which is nice in the fall and spring, but very cold in the summer months because of the fog that rolls off the ocean. During this time I was working in Silicon Valley, which was hot and sunny during the summers. Now I live 200 miles north of San Francisco, in Humboldt county of California, which is colder than San Francisco, except in the summer, where it is much hotter.

Can you say briefly how the climate you’re in affects, whether positively, negatively or neutrally, your raw lifestyle? When I was first raw, the winters were intolerable for me. I was always cold, and I need to wear a sweater at home with the heat on. After a few years I became adjusted to my new body, and now I am pretty tolerant of the cold (I take cold showers, even in the winter).

Do you recommend any place or places that are more conducive to staying raw? California is pretty great for raw, especially in northern California, where there is an abundance of locally grown organics foods.

What did you eat when you first went raw and what is your diet like today? I started with the standard high fat raw diet, then took 2 years to transition to a low fat diet that lasted for 8 years. I then took 2 years to transition to a high fat diet, which lasted 2 years (a total of 4 years off of low fat), and now I have moved back to a low fat diet.

Approximately what percentage of your diet is raw? More than 99%. Actually, it may be less, because you really never know with nuts. Also, I like a store bought raw treat every so often, and these treats often use stuff like maple syrup, nori, and other not quite raw ingredients.

If you know then what you know now what changes would you have made when you first started raw? I am not certain I would make any changes. In some sense, I made changes when I was mentally and emotionally ready to make them, and making such changes beforehand would be a bit abusive.

What’s your view on supplements and do you take any? I didn’t take supplements until after finishing my first stint of low fat. I now take Syntropic Antioxidant Microbes, which increases coherence in the body, and some alchemical things, to enhance consciousness and awareness. This winter I will be trying some vegan Vitamin D drops, to see if that makes the winter a bit easier to enjoy. I also like using Megahydrate once in a while, when I know I am not going have ample water around to keep myself hydrated.

Do you do regular health tests, e.g. blood and others? No.

We know there are many kinds of raw diet so this question is specific. Do you have any advice for raw fooders who are leaning towards eating or eating the raw diet you eat? My raw diet is not really for beginners. It takes a while to be able to function well on a low fat diet. Do what you can to stay raw, as staying raw is the hardest thing in the beginning.

Do you have any advice for raw fooders who may have find themselves in a rut? Find people who seem to be doing well on their raw diet, and see what works for them. Give a try, even if it does seem like it would work.

Any other thing you’d like to add? Being raw is difficult for many people. So many of the people I knew when I first went raw, including many of the raw teachers, are no longer raw. It helps if you have a support system in place, people with whom to enjoy eating raw. Also it helps to work on your emotions and the pain the comes from ego and mind.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:20PM

I enjoyed reading Prana's answers. Thank you, man!

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:02PM

Beautiful, Bryan! I like the use of Italics. You're a successful raw foodist and a role model to us.

Your friends and those who didn't stay raw - why did they go back to cooked, if you know? Do you know any who got tested and/or had health issues on 100% Raw Vegan?

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: May 18, 2015 10:26PM

Another question, Bryan -

Before you went raw, when you ate cooked, what was your weight like? Were you overweight, regular weight or thin? And during your raw journey and now, were/are you thin or regular build?

Thanks.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: May 20, 2015 11:04PM

Interesting to read these "profiles" on the forum members!

May I ask what prompted you, after being low fat for so long, to transition back to high fat then back to low fat again? I am trying to keep reasonable amount of fats in my diet because there seems to be a lot of debate about being on the extremes. Hearing more about others experiences with low/high fat is very interesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables