Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cholesterol controversy
Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: December 31, 2006 04:30PM

I think the medical comm. is using the link of chol to heart disease to make money for the drug companies. All that aside, I am curious to find out from the vegan/raw , health conscious people on the forum, if they have tracked their levels, along with HDL/LDL levels to see improvements from former SAD diets to the present. Because just a vegetarian diet that still includes, dairy, coffee w/creamers( even non-dairy) and eggs, can effect these levels. Of course there is the genetic component too. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy, Healthy New Year to all! Regards, Janice

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cholesterol controversy
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 31, 2006 04:42PM

It's not a conspiracy. Most people would rather eat garbage and take a pill.

I was never an unhealthy SAD eater, but before I went veg (lots of f+v, whole grains, lowfat dairy, occasional fish), my total was 150 mg/dl. Now it's 120.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 01, 2007 05:19AM

My cholestrol and blood lipids have improved, along with weight and blood pressure. I don't describe myself as a vegetarian, and I aspire to raw foodism, although I do tend to cheat quite a bit. Still its much an improvement over what was.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: January 01, 2007 05:29PM

Thanks Mislu and Arugula, anyone else with input? Thanks, Janice

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 01, 2007 06:27PM

My understanding / opinion is that the body produces all the cholesterol it needs - sometimes even too much. With the leading cause of preventable death being stroke/heart disease (that is my understanding).....with a strong tie to excess cholesterol and protein intake (leading to obesity)......then going the other direction makes a lot of sense to me.

-Just my opinions/thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 02, 2007 01:11AM

I just read the book, The Coconut Oil Miracle..it's an excellent read. I myself will be eating more fresh coconut (bought 4 young coconuts recently) and drinking the water.

I highly recommend the book for an interesting read.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables