Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Profile On... JTPRINDL
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:47PM

Thanks very much, JT. I'm starting a new thread. Appreciate it, man. good luck!

below are jt's answers taken from the fresh thread.

What made you go raw?

The strive for optimal health

When did you go raw?

I went 100% raw mid-December of 2013 and was 90%+ raw vegan for six months before that.

have you been continuously raw since you first started or did you leave the lifestyle for a while and then came back?

Continuously raw

Your age (optional) and gender?
22, M

What climate were you in when you first went raw and what climate are you in now?

Wisconsin

Can you say briefly how the climate you’re in affects, whether positively, negatively or neutrally, your raw lifestyle?

Negative most of the year except for summer. The cold weather has a negative impact on blood circulation, local foods are limited and non-existent for much of the year, D3 supplementation is a must, and lots of time is spent indoors due to extreme cold.

Do you recommend any place or places that are more conducive to staying raw?

Probably tropical places like Hawaii or Florida.

What did you eat when you first went raw and what is your diet like today?

Lots of fruit (including pounds of goji berries weekly), raw cacao, nuts and seeds. My diet nowadays includes lots of hemp seeds, berries, algae's, and sprout salads w/ various super foods such as turmeric extract (95% curcumin) and panax ginseng.

Approximately what percentage of your diet is raw?

99+%, some herbal extracts I use aren't raw.

If you know then what you know now what changes would you have made when you first started raw?

None, I think I made a smooth transition which gave me very little desire to go back to the way I used to eat. I'm glad I never really bought into the low-fat movement or I'm sure it would've been more difficult.

What’s your view on supplements and do you take any?

Various herbal extracts and medicinal mushrooms on an on/off basis.

Do you do regular health tests, e.g. blood and others?

No but I plan to get tested maybe once every year or two in the future.

We know there are many kinds of raw diet so this question is specific. Do you have any advice for raw fooders who are leaning towards eating or eating the raw diet you eat?

Do lots of research, listen to your body and maximize phytochemical intake. My diet is probably 35-40% fat.

Do you have any advice for raw fooders who may have find themselves in a rut?

It would depend on what type of rut they are in but I would say don't worry about your fat/carb percentages, eat as much fruits as you'd like and as your body can reasonably handle, get on the algae's, and find a homemade salad dressing recipe you really like so you can enjoy a nice huge salad every day. If you're feeling extra motivated, start growing and juicing your own sunflower greens and wheatgrass.

Any other thing you’d like to add?
There are many ways to succeed on a raw food diet and they depend on a variety of factors. However, I think it's important to make the distinction between simply succeeding (as in no deficiencies or physical/mental health problems) and striving for what's optimal. Nobody's perfect so there's always things we can all do to take our health to the next level.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables