Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Profile On ...Anon 102
Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:34PM

What made you go raw?
My nose had been clogging up for years and I had been having constant breathing problems. Many nights I had to sleep with several pillows otherwise I wouldn’t be able to breathe properly. I had seen a lot of doctors who couldn’t find any fault. They kept giving me one drug or another but nothing helped. This happened in my home country. I came to America in 1994(jtprindl say I am John Rose and temp/powerlifer sometimes say I am fresh and sometimes say I am John Rose. Turns out I wasn’t even born in the USA. Lol. Is my English that good? I had no idea. lol). Anyway, I went to two doctors here and both said I have a deviated septum and recommended surgery. I foolishly believed at that time that American doctors knew everything and did nothing wrong. I had the surgery and it was a waste of time, money (copays. I had Ins) and I endured unnecessary pain. I got relief for about 3-4 months and it was back to square one.
I then decided to look on the internet where I found out about the raw food diet. I went 100% raw right away eating only fruits and leafy greens and coconut water. No nuts or seeds. I did eat the fatty fruits like durian and avocados though. I actually wasn’t thinking about macros then. I just ate what I liked. This was in 2006. In 3 months or so my nostrils were super clear and I could breathe with the greatest of ease. I ate this way, strict 100% raw, for about 8 months and then began to take my healing for granted. Little by little I started adding back cooked foods in. I would say that I stayed about 70% raw for until 2011 but that was enough to clog my nose again though not as bad as before I went raw.

When did you go raw?

have you been continuously raw since you first started or did you leave the lifestyle for a while and then came back?
I never left. The majority of my food (by calories) have been raw since 2006.

Your age (optional) and gender?
52, M

What climate were you in when you first went raw and what climate are you in now?
Same all the time. New York.

Can you say briefly how the climate you’re in affects, whether positively, negatively or neutrally, your raw lifestyle?
Negatively in the winter months, fruits take long to ripen. Positively in the warmer months, I find it easier to be raw.

Do you recommend any place or places that are more conducive to staying raw?
I’d say tropical. That’s the kind I grew up on.

What did you eat when you first went raw and what is your diet like today?
It was more fruit when I started. Now I eat lots of juicy fruits and bananas and almost any young vegetable e.g. eggplant, okra, long beans, squash, almost any. I eat some nuts and seeds and leafy greens. Once in a while I eat some chlorella, spirulina, green powders, but not often. I still don’t bother with macros nor do I bother with checking nutrients. I’ll say I eat anything that I feel like but the crux of my diet is juicy fruits and bananas. From 2011 I started eating cooked foods only on occasions. Right now I eat cooked foods a guaranteed 4 times a year on the birthdays of loved ones. I’ll eat also if there’s some momentous occasion or holiday. Other than that it’s raw. I used to do the same with alcohol. Last time I drank a few beers was Christmas 2014. Before that was Aug 2013. I plan on stopping that entirely from this year. I hope I can keep to the plan. I also plan on stopping all cooked food sooner or later.

Approximately what percentage of your diet is raw?
About 95%. An all raw diet is the best though I have found.

If you knew then what you know now what changes would you have made when you first started raw?
I would have never added back cooked food in my diet. It’s not worth it.

What’s your view on supplements and do you take any?
I don’t take any now. (I don’t recommend anyone follow this. Do what’s best for you). Maybe I’ll take later on down the road. Nothing’s set in stone with me.

Do you do regular health tests, e.g. blood and others?
No

We know there are many kinds of raw diet so this question is specific. Do you have any advice for raw fooders who are leaning towards eating or eating the raw diet you eat?

Yeah. Don’t bother following my way of eating. I don’t use supplements. I don’t watch nutrients. I have a very low opinion of nutritional science. I do all the things you don’t want to do. However, there are quite a few good people here on this forum that you can glean things from and come up with a suitable diet.

Do you have any advice for raw fooders who may have find themselves in a rut?
If you’re going to fail, fail big and let it last for a while so that it sears into your brain and you have that memory for a lifetime. Then fill the house with raw food and never run out of it. Start eating raw before cooked. Eat a little less cooked every day and a little more raw. Exercise a little. Try to let go of the cooked foods that does the worst damage.

Any other thing you’d like to add?
Have raw food around always. Don’t let yourself get too hungry. Exercise a little. Don’t look at raw like a curse has befallen you. Be grateful that you found something that you can eat. The online forums are a double-edged sword. You can get a lot of useful information but because of the conflicting opinions of people a noobie can keep second guessing themselves as they wonder what’s the right way. Always have 100% raw as the ultimate goal. Never eat beans before a meeting. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Profile On ...Anon 102
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 19, 2015 12:01AM

nice. thanks anon102.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 19, 2015 07:31AM

>Have raw food around always. Don’t let yourself get too hungry. Exercise a little.

Plenty of foods around, we eat, eat, and exercise a little?

There should be some conduit for the food energy to escape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 07:34AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: May 19, 2015 09:14PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Plenty of foods around, we eat, eat, and exercise
> a little?

Yep!

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 19, 2015 09:22PM

Anon, one day I happened to see your favorite song posted, when I posted one of mine. Does that mean you are not hiding your country of origin?

What is the best fruit you ever had?

Do you ever drink warm tea when it gets cold in New York?

Also, Anon, how much is your breathing cure due to being vegan versus 100% raw? Were you eating dairy when you had breathing problems?

So sweet of you to share.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 19, 2015 10:09PM

Tai Wrote:
> Anon, one day I happened to see your favorite song
> posted

Oh God. Thanks for reminding me of that Bollywood sap oozing out of every pore production. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Date: May 20, 2015 12:16AM

Tai Wrote:

>
> What is the best fruit you ever had?

I don't know. There are many. Jackfruit, sapodilla, Jamun, soursop, a species of banana I don't see in the US and many more. I don't quite know what to say. Lots of fruits taste great to me.

> Do you ever drink warm tea when it gets cold in
> New York?

Nope, I rarely drink tea.

> Also, Anon, how much is your breathing cure due to
> being vegan versus 100% raw? Were you eating
> dairy when you had breathing problems?

I did try cooked vegan foods for a little while before going raw and it made me feel a little better but still my nose would be blocked up, just not as severe as when I ate meat and dairy. Dairy and meat were definitely the worst offenders. Juicy fruits and leafy greens are best for me I've found. Even things like raw bars and dehydrated raw foods clog my nose. They just don't do it as bad as cooked foods or last as long. It seems that I have to have watery, juicy fruits for my nose to not clog up. Eating cooked foods and drinking lots of water do not help.

> So sweet of you to share.

You're welcome.

Date: May 20, 2015 12:29AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Oh God. Thanks for reminding me of that Bollywood
> sap oozing out of every pore production.
> AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
> HHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Your pores ooze much worse. All the lies and venom in your soul are oozing out of you.

Oozy Sue Z.

You laid so low after you were caught telling those nasty lies about me that I thought you had left, Oozy Sue Z. I shudda known betta. You're the stuff ghost stories are made of.

Date: May 20, 2015 09:34AM

Anon 102 Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh God. Thanks for reminding me of that
> Bollywood
> > sap oozing out of every pore production.
> >
>
> > HHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>
>
>
> Your pores ooze much worse. All the lies and venom
> in your soul are oozing out of you.
>
> Oozy Sue Z.
>
> You laid so low after you were caught telling
> those nasty lies about me that I thought you had
> left, Oozy Sue Z. I shudda known betta. You're the
> stuff ghost stories are made of.

Lol. I told no lies about you, Mr. Anon #102 of the vacuous syrupy Chick Flick soul.

Date: May 20, 2015 12:45PM

Suez-"Lol. I told no lies about you,"

Another Oozy Suzy lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 12:50PM by Anon 102.

Date: May 20, 2015 04:03PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Tai Wrote:
> -----
> > Anon, one day I happened to see your favorite
> song
> > posted
>
>
> Oh God. Thanks for reminding me of that Bollywood
> sap oozing out of every pore production.
> HHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 20, 2015 05:15PM

SueZ Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > Tai Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Anon, one day I happened to see your favorite
> > song
> > > posted
> >
> >
> > Oh God. Thanks for reminding me of that
> Bollywood
> > sap oozing out of every pore production.
> >
>
> > HHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Thank you for bringing back that video. I love that song. btw that song made that guy into a multi millionaire. How many millions you got?

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 20, 2015 09:10PM

Anon:
They just don't do it as bad as cooked foods or last as long. It seems that I have to have watery, juicy fruits for my nose to not clog up. Eating cooked foods and drinking lots of water do not help.

Tai:
Anon, you have given me hope. I never could imagine myself ever living or staying very long in Manhattan, and a 3 day weekend was my maximum ever. The subways can really clog up the sinuses with the black dirt in the air. Juicy fruit and raw greens to the rescue.

Date: May 21, 2015 11:52AM

Tai Wrote:

> Anon, you have given me hope. I never could
> imagine myself ever living or staying very long in
> Manhattan, and a 3 day weekend was my maximum
> ever. The subways can really clog up the sinuses
> with the black dirt in the air. Juicy fruit and
> raw greens to the rescue.

yeah, the subways can, although I hardly ever go to Manhattan. Like maybe once or twice a year. I live in the suburbs. I should mention that upon looking back I'd say this condition started affecting me since I was about 15 years of age. I was living in the tropics, near to the Atlantic, way down in the countryside where a few minutes of walking brings one into deep woods and another half hour can bring one into amazon like jungle. I had youth, clean air, well water, no harsh chemicals around, lots of sun, I was very active in sports etc, and I still suffered. So I can't blame it on polluted air in the US. Cooked food is the only constant and the culprit as was evident when I went raw. Nowadays, when I eat some cooked food my nose runs as my body tries to push out the toxins, I feel. If I continue eating day after day I notice my body cannot clear the toxins as fast as it's coming in and starts to store them. That's when my nose starts to block up. Raw has been my salvation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 11:57AM by Anon 102.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 21, 2015 04:56PM

>That's when my nose starts to block up. Raw has been my salvation.

same here. and it is so annoying and a great incentive to stay raw.

spices and excessive fats do the same i think.

maybe some people don't have this problem, i don't know.

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:10PM

A couple times when I ate something that was supposed to be raw - I think it might have been cashews with seasonings on them from those Gone Nutz people - I would have a stuffy nose for a little while and it made me think that maybe the food wasn't raw or all the life was dehydrated out of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables