Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The ORIGINAL SIN & Our Diet...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 24, 2015 10:20PM

Impact of Economic Globalization on our Diet by Gabriel Cousens M.D., M.D. (H)

Economic Globalism, which is the foundation of Globalism, as we know it today, is a threat to the entire world. I recently returned from the council of the indigenous priests and elders of the Americas. As an elder, Lakota Sundancer, Essene Levite Priest, I was invited to attend and was privileged to experience third-world life in Mexico. Most of the meals consisted of microwaved tortillas and white flour spaghetti with occasional pieces of chicken. Needless to say I ate my own food, which consisted of wild berries and nuts and seeds and nori sheets and some sprouts that somehow I managed to get through to Mexico. These meals, however, raise a question of how even people who made a stand against Economic Globalism had been so unconsciously and thoroughly affected by it. Before I discuss this on the nutritional level, I would like to explain what Economic Globalism is.

Economic Globalism is a new aggressive religion, which seeks to remake every social institution into its own perverted image. The guiding ethics of Economic Globalism include materialism, selfishness, reduction of human relationships to a business deal, transformation of nature and human beings into commodities, and the destruction of indigenous and decentralized biodiverse human and agricultural communities so they can be replaced by a global monoculture in order to create a mass, controllable market. In essence Economic Globalism is American secularism, which promotes a mechanistic worldview of greed economics that denies the validity of spirituality in all life, all peoples, and the living planet.

When you understand this religion, you begin to understand what the deeper meaning of the US invasion of Iraq is about. It is creating a bridge not only into Iraq to control the oil, but to begin to gain control over the Middle East and to make it clear to the Muslim world the danger of challenging these values of Economic Globalism . It is a sophisticated form of naked imperialism.

My interest, however, in this Wellness Letter is to explain how Economic Globalism ends up hurting indigenous communities all over the Americas – South America, Central America, Mexico, United States and Alaska -- by creating a situation in which eating white flour spaghetti and microwaved tortillas is seen as an indigenous meal.

The system of operation of Economic Globalism involves creating a belief that hyper economic growth is good. It is designed so that international corporations using the new “principals” of free trade (which isn’t free to anyone except the corporations) can invade and over rule all local, state, and national standards that maintain a value on human health and well-being. It also involves creating a global mind culture, which creates a simple mass market of customers. It values export economics which turns countries that were formally self-sufficient into dependent economies. Economic Globalism has also created a new concept of privatization which basically says all nature belongs to whoever can buy it, including air, water, earth, and even genetic material.

The result of this is an impending economic, social, and spiritual disaster for all but one or two percent of the world. It has already resulted in:

1. Serious disruption of the environment with global warming and pollution
2. Radical redistribution of resources in favor of the wealthy.

Presently, there are over 1 billion people who are earning one dollar a day and 2 billion people who earn two dollars a day. The income gap of the wealthiest 20 percent versus the poorest 20 percent was 60 to 1 in the 1990, it jumped to 78 to 1 by 1998. The wealthiest 400 people in the United States earn $240,000 an hour, which is approximately 46,000 times the normal wage in the U.S. Because Economic Globalism doesn’t go through governmental systems, there is no trickle down effect. In the United States the upper 1 percent in the economic group earns more money per year than the lower 95%.

Another result of Economic Globalism is the destruction of local sustaining and community agriculture. By 1990 over 2 million Mexican farm (corn) workers have been forced out; in India 2 million farm workers lose their land each year. Another result is the destruction of health and health safety and social services. Economic Globalism has created a tremendous amount of world hunger. For example, in Brazil one-third of the people were malnourished in 1960; by the early 80s, 2/3 were hungry and malnourished. The result of the economic policies of NAFTA and other powers of the world including the World Bank and of the National Monetary Fund is that we now have 1 billion workers unemployed or severely underemployed. In terms of health, the structural adjustment programs which small nations are forced to follow if they are to get international funds are only available if they are willing to cut social services. For example Zimbabwe suffered a more than 30 percent drop in health care money as the result of structural adjustment programs.

The appearance of genetically engineered food and the attempt to control and patent seeds is part of this new religion. As the vice president of one avaricious genetically engineered seed company put it: “our goal is to control the whole food chain.”

What can we do about this greed economics that is causing so much poverty, pain, and malnutrition? The first question we need to ask is, “How did this come about?” In the Kabbalistic tradition we go back to the Adam and Eve story. One oral tradition tells us that Adam and Eve were really one soul and they very much wanted to grow spiritually and follow God’s way, and they were told by the serpent that the forbidden fruit tree would actually help them grow spiritually because their eyes would be open and they would become like God. With the first bite they just had an attraction, enough of awareness that they were losing their connection with the divine.

But one oral tradition of the Kabbalah, reports that they took a second bite. With the second bite they switched into the consciousness of receiving for self alone, which we call greed and selfishness, and moved away from the consciousness of the Tree of Life which is to receive in order to share for the healing of the world. This, in essence, is the original sin and is really the foundation of Economic Globalism, as we know it today.

The Talmud makes a statement that the one who seeks money will never be satisfied with money. In essence, this is the bottom line of where Economic Globalism has taken us--more and more greed because people are not in contact with their own divine natures. When you are in contact with your divine nature, you naturally move to sharing. This is really the key to understanding the solution to Economic Globalism. That solution is simply returning to a spiritual world view which supports all life, human, animal, and plant life on the planet.

In practical terms, it means, instead of our white flour spaghetti and microwaved tortillas, genetically engineered corn, and food that has been irradiated, we return to organic food, live food, and food that has been grown in healthy soils, so our children can enjoy the benefits of optimal health.

It is a fact that genetically engineered food undermines our health and is somewhere between 6-10% less productive for some crops than organic farming. In the past few years it is becoming less effective because the pesticides that the plants have been genetically engineered to be resistant to, the bugs and local weeds have also become resistant as well. Research suggests that genetically modified foods are actually foreign to the human organism and therefore hurt our health. The clearest research on this is by Dr. Arpad Pusztai from Scotland who did work studying rats and their responses to genetically engineered potatoes. After a period of about 10 days these rats were found to have smaller brains, lesser functioning hearts, livers, and adrenals. In other words, genetically engineered food, in a relatively short period of time, was creating organ, central nervous system, and immune system breakdown. People all over the world, except in the United States, intuitively know this and have made a clear and successful stand against this life-destroying form of Economic Globalism.

At this council of the elders and priests, I spoke up as a priest and an elder. I pointed out to the council, a vital spiritual community of my peers, that their deep concern for the children and for drug and alcohol use among the children could be significantly ameliorated through their diet. Malnutrition and brain alterations, which are caused by white flour, white sugar, and canned food, can be reversed when they return to their indigenous foods. Research shows, in fact, that in indigenous countries when the people stayed with their indigenous diets and weren’t eating basically junk food such as white sugar and white flour, that:

1. Their brain structures did not degenerate.
2. Their immunity was significantly stronger.
3. Their nutritional intake was up to 6 times more than that of brothers and sisters who chose the Economic Globalism with a non-indigenous western diet of fast, frozen, GMO, micro-waved, and irradiated commercial foods.
4. Bone structures of the palate, chests remained unchanged.
5. And there were fewer congenital abnormalities, spontaneous abortions, and Downs syndrome as the number of births per mother increased.

I pointed out to this council of elders and priests that, in my experience as a nutritionally oriented holistic physician, poor prenatal nutrition creates a biologically altered brain, which predisposes children to dysfunctional life, drug use and hyperactivity. I told them that one way to address the problem is to grow their own crops and return to their native food. I told them they needed to get away from the propaganda of Economic Globalism promulgated to create a mass market so that white flour spaghetti would be considered nourishment to the indigenous people. The return to a diet of organic and indigenous foods could help save the health of their children. Foods that have been infiltrated with pesticides and herbicides are poison to the nervous system and as poisons to the nervous system these chemicals could tend to create hyperactivity. A dramatic study with the Yaqui Indians showed that the children who had a higher exposure to pesticides were all negatively affected. They had increased neurological deficits, functionality, decreased mental functioning, and even less ability to draw age appropriate pictures than Yaqui children who were minimally exposed to pesticides and herbicides. I cite this dramatic study in detail (with drawings) in my new book Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine. The response from the indigenous grandmothers was overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic. They felt very empowered.

The point I am making is that the way, on a very tangible level, that we can combat the Economic Globalism is to return to our old ways of organic, whole, natural live foods. In this way we are able to protect ourselves, heal the world, and make a statement against the premise and results of Economic Globalism. In the spiritual plane it empowered us to move from an Economic Globalism to a Spiritual Globalism, a Globalism of sharing and uplifting the many. This is the real way to create world peace. In this way we have the opportunity to heal the planet and ourselves through our dietary choices and way of life that supports local, self-sustaining, organic, whole, and natural foods.

Peace and Love.......John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The ORIGINAL SIN & Our Diet...
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 18, 2015 04:34PM

John what did you think of my post about hearing that interview that blew me away. That reminds me of this. Lucifer with the all seeing eye.

I am glad you are speaking out for people like me. Thank you. Are you policitally inclined? Do you go to public hearings and speak on behalf of all raw vegans?

Date: November 05, 2017 08:48PM

In 2003 when I interviewed Gabriel on the Radio, I asked him if Cooking our Food and Destroying our Biophotons was how we Lost Contact with Our Divine Nature and the Original Sin and he said YES!!!

Some people get and some people don't, especially if they don't have enough Pieces of the Puzzle to put it all together.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: November 06, 2017 10:26AM

Encyclopedia of American Loons

It’s … The Encyclopedia of American loons! Our new and exciting series presenting a representative sample of American loons from A-Z.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

#588: Gabriel Cousens

Gabriel Cousens is a health writer who describes himself in the following manner:

“Dr. Sir Gabriel Cousens, M.D., M.D.(H), D.D. (Doctor of Divinity), Diplomate of American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine, Diplomate Ayurveda, a physician of the soul, teaches and lives the sevenfold peace. To the process of awakening and healing, Gabriel Cousens, M.D., M.D.(H), weaves a background as a holistic physician, medical researcher, world-recognized live-food nutritionist, psychiatrist, family therapist, homeopath, Rabbi, acupuncturist, Ayurvedic practitioner, expert on green juice spiritual fasting and detoxification fasting, ecological leader, Reiki master, internationally celebrated spiritual teacher, author, lecturer, culture-bridger, world peaceworker, to give a unique holistic approach to nurturing the hungry soul.”

That ought to tell you quite a bit about what kind of cretin we are dealing with here. Cousens’s work, in all its glory, centers around New Age woo and bullshittery (a mixture, it seems, of sycophancy and criticism of those whose unsupported claims differ from his own – e.g. Johnny Lovewisdom (criticism) and Adi Da (endorsement)). A mainstay of his particular kind of woo is Raw foodism, and he employs a wide arsenal of crackpottery (particularly the Gerson protocol) and New Age religious fluffery to prop up his advice, as well as primitive medieval vitalism: the uncooked baby carrot is “alive”, while the cooked carrot is “dead”; Hence, cooking and pasteurization “kill” food, and raw food is “living”. Why it would be an advantage that the carrot is alive is not entirely obvious, but Cousens does at least have pictures of the auras of energy surrounding the food to prove it. His rainbow diet is aptly featured here.

Apparently Cousens is the founder of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center, “the world's leading spiritual, vegan raw and live food retreat center,” and the author of Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days, in which he claims that enzymes are food-qi and that treating diabetes is easy. It is discussed here. He’s got … anecdotes to back it all up, endorsements by one Joel Fuhrman – who appears not to know the first thing about reality – and plenty of thoroughly false and rather random-sounding assertions. In the accompanying video he does tone down the woo a little to make it more mainstream (without making it anywhere near reality-based), but both the video and the “Raw for Life” Encyclopedia on his website feature “expert” commentaries from Morgan Spurlock, Mike Adams and Gary Null, which shouldn’t exactly confer much authority to his claims.

Cousens has been involved in a lot of nasty bullshit over the years, including raising some controversy over his fantastically crankycellular therapy, and he has been responsible for at least one death, though according to Arizona’s board of homeopathic medicine (yes they have one) Cousens wasn’t guilty of malpractice by their standards – “standards of homeopathy” aren’t much to write home about, though.

With one David Wagner Cousens has also written Tachyon Energy: A New Paradigm in Holistic Healing. No, it is not evidence-based; and yes, it is quantum woo taken just a few steps further.

Diagnosis: A staunch enemy of humanity, Cousens is a monstrous supercrank who unabatedly continues his campaign to fool people into ruining their own lines. Repugnant.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 06, 2017 02:43PM

I don't understand the obsession with the original sin.

What about the current sin?

Some children who are born in miserable conditions and with no support from the parents turn things around to become successful

Date: November 06, 2017 05:45PM

rhb wrote:
"Encyclopedia of American Loons

Diagnosis: A staunch enemy of humanity, Cousens is a monstrous supercrank who unabatedly continues his campaign to fool people into ruining their own lines. Repugnant."

If you really think Gabriel is an enemy of humanity, like the clown who wrote this, you have a really twisted and warped sense of who the real enemies are on this planet!

Date: November 06, 2017 06:10PM

RP wrote:
"I don't understand the obsession with the original sin.

What about the current sin?"

I talk about it almost every time I talk about the Fall of Mankind aka the Original Sin.

Here is a snippet from one of my recent Videos...

[www.youtube.com]
Physical Energy VS. Mental Energy
9:17 Minute Video

Published on Oct 22, 2017

So I’ve looked at all of the Pieces and I understand the importance of the 1st Stage. I know that our Journey starts off on the Wrong Path with False Knowledge and the way we repeat the Fall now is Not how It happened long ago. When you’re having discussions with people about the Fall of Mankind, they talk about how It happened and what preceded the Mistake. And the key here is there’s 2 Events. The Fall of Mankind happened in the Past, but It’s being repeated now and we can’t go back the way we came. So it doesn’t matter why we did what we did. What matters is - how does It start now? It starts through our Traditions - through False Knowledge - 12 Sources of False Knowledge and there are a total of 55 Problems of Knowledge.
[www.youtube.com]

I know that you don't see eye to eye with me about the Fall of Mankind, but that's because if I am Right, then you are Wrong and we both can't be Right. I have tons of Connecting Pieces that NOT only make sense, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY Corrects the Mistake and puts an end to so much NEEDLESS SUFFERING and yes, I know you think that' why we came here so we could Suffer and grow Spiritually and that's a very sad and disturbing thought on every level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2017 06:15PM by John Rose.

Date: November 06, 2017 11:39PM

scientific-medicine denialism“. John Rose can never debate message.
All he can ever do is atack the messenger but canot debate fact he backs the quack.
John are you embarresed somtimes quoteing these nut jobs???
QUACKADO Johny

Denialism.com

Don't Mistake Denialism for Debate

Read intelligently because the next crank you read may be your last

A reader of ours ran into a questionable book ad, and being a good citizen, sent it on to me. I glanced at it, and it seemed to be the usual silly book purporting to cure all that ails, but on deeper inspection, it was much uglier.

The book says that it “renders insulin and related medicines unnecessary within four days…”. This is a bit scary, not because this would be a bad thing, but because many diabetics are completely dependent on insulin to live. But, hey, maybe this is a good diet plan for type II diabetics and will at least help them reduce their need for meds. I mean, it could be, right? A quick trip to google disabused me of any thoughts of intellectual generosity.

The Crank

Dr. Gabriel Cousens is the writer who promises to get you off insulin. While I applaud the idea of healing people, his claims are obviously suspicious. I mean, why are the rest of us so ignorant that we are blindly keeping diabetics on all these evil medicines?

Cousens runs an outfit called Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center, but based on reports, it sounds like a waiting room for the morgue. Cousens claims to be an M.D., and an “M.D. (H)”, which the State of Arizona’s way of letting quacks practice medicine. The “Dr.” in question lost his license to practice in two other states before he was forced to look to the Arizona Board.

The Phoenix News-Times did a nice job with this issue, and with this quack in particular. I encourage you to go read the entire piece. According to their report:

Cousens told him [a deceased patient whose family is suing him] that injections of cow adrenaline and/or sheep DNA could energize his body. Levy agreed to five injections, which aren’t a homeopathic treatment but are allowed by Arizona’s homeopathic board.

Unfortunately, the injection site — on Levy’s right buttock — grew infected, so he went to see Cousens about it. Cousens didn’t recommend an antibiotic. Instead, he treated the growing abscess with acupuncture and massage.

The infected area became green and black. It spread down Levy’s thigh, and on March 1, 1998, Levy did not wake up in his dorm room at the Tree of Life Spa. Cousens found Levy unconscious and attempted CPR, with no success.

Cousens did not call 911. Instead, he called an air ambulance, and arranged for a helicopter pickup on the football field of a nearby high school.

Wow. Why didn’t he just shoot the guy in the head? It would have had the same effect and taken a lot less time and money.

But wait, there’s more:

Santa Cruz County Medical Examiner Dr. Cynthia Porterfield…examined Levy’s body and ruled that the injection and subsequent infection killed him. Specifically, she found that Levy died from Clostridium perfringens…The osteopathic medical board also examined the autopsy and ruled that the medical examiner was right to name the injection and infection as the causes of death….But when Cousens’ dead patient came up before the homeopathic board in 2001, the board dismissed the complaint — despite the medical examiner’s findings.

The board ruled that, though a patient did die, the doctor did not violate any laws of homeopathic medicine.

So basically, the Arizona board is allowed to give out “00” status—“licensed to kill”.

And who stands behind this killer? Waddya know! It’s Mike Adams, of the newly-christened “Natural News”, the home of quackery on the web. Adams’s interview of Cousens is basically a listing of anti-scientific ideas, such as raw-foodism. Among the more humorous claims is that being “holistic” allows him to “do it all”, including medicine, psychiatry, and family counseling.

But back to basics.

Orac, in a moment of inebriation clarity, stumbled upon the idea of “scientific-medicine denialism“. It connects the patterns of typical denialism to alternative medicine. We need ways to systematically study these phenomena, and this is a step in the right direction. To someone like me, trained in the field, and experienced at sniffing out quackery, the original book advertisement that started this post is clearly suspicious, and led me to find the newspaper reports detailing the carnage this guy is leaving in his wake. But to the untrained, perhaps a diabetic, an ad like this will seem tempting. They may pick up the book and find it to be of no use. Sure, they ended up lining the quack’s pockets, but no direct harm came to them. But maybe an insulin-dependent diabetic will read this book, follow the advice, and die. Perhaps some day, someone with a good grant will start to formally study medical crankism and quackery. Until then, be very, very carful about advice from cranksters who dont care about your health, Just in it for the money like john rose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2017 11:43PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 07, 2017 02:56AM

Hi rhb.
I haven't followed gabriel cousens, but i would assume he gave up those injections. It's terrible what he did and more terrible that he didn't get immediate help for the infection. All around just a sick nightmare. However, so much of medicine can have deadly side effects and it's not uncommon for many doctors to have fatal tragedies that they learn from. Gabriel cousens cannot be defined for the rest of his life by that horrible practice that he did not invent.

A man was cured of type 1 diabetes following gabriel and then he went to naturopathic school to help others. Read the good cases before you judge.

When MDs call themselves acupuncturists after two weekend courses, it gives acupuncture a bad name when they do dumb things (good acupuncturists are also highly skilled herbalists and take years to become experts).

Sorry but some MDs cause iatrogenic deaths. The historical learning curve for MDs involves patient deaths.

I do believe in karma, so i am not saying that Gabriel's karma is absolved by the pass from his board.

I think most raw vegans hold hope for gabriel cousens that he will grow, become better and contribute to raw knowledge.

The use of raw glandulars has the potential to transmit animal diseases, even more so when injected.

Gabriel did something really stupid and learned. Look how many people die or get sick from some vaccines and still don't learn.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: November 07, 2017 05:02AM

Cousens would be great if he dropped the hat, and all the Hebrew/Jewish nonsense...

Date: November 07, 2017 05:05AM

gabriel cousens cures type one diabetes is a lie Tai.
There is NO CURE FOR TYPE ONE DIABETES.
if you could cure type one you would be a very rich person
All the University teaching hospitals science confirms this.
Just no such thing as a cure for type one.
Show me proof of that claim. There is none!
Good case? whats that a cliam he cured type one?
I can post and show you the medical world says no cure for type One.
That medical world consist of University teaching hospitals that uses science yes that candle in the age of Dark.
I put my money with the universitys, Not with a quackado like this Gabriel.
Would you give Gabriel a second chance to be your health adviser after you read his resume? Not me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 05:34AM by riverhousebill.

Date: November 07, 2017 05:31AM

A
Words Matter: Why You Can’t Reverse Diabetes

By Brian Cohen

I feel constantly bombarded with claims that type 2 diabetes can be reversed and prevented. I even hear absurdities about how type 2 diabetes can be cured. I expect these things from the scams that we all see in our email inboxes and across the web. But what really sets my hair on fire is the use of these words by people who should know better. Medical professionals and our government should know better.

And unfortunately, when the leaders of the conversation send out a confused message our entire society follows them down the wrong path. So why does it matter? It matters because these words communicate meaning and concepts and when these concepts are inaccurate and misleading they can be harmful. It can leaves people with diabetes confused about their condition, encouraged to pursue bad goals, feeling blame and shame that they “didn’t do it right” and full of false hope.

Today, I’m going to focus on the phrase “Reversing Diabetes” and end with a plea that we stop using the term “reversing” and use the term “remission.” Nobody has ever shown that once you have type 2 diabetes that you can reverse the condition to become non-diabetic. All we can do is slow or stop the progression. Let’s start using the term remission when we successfully manage the symptoms of diabetes, we all know that our diabetes is still there and can and will rear it’s ugly head if we stray from our treatment.

The Phrase “Reversing Diabetes” Is Inaccurate:

So let’s examine the definition of the word “reverse” in the medical sense. Here is a medical definition of reverse (from this standard dictionary): A turning or changing to the opposite direction, as of a process, disease, symptom, or state.

So in the medical sense if we talk about reversing diabetes we need to talk about the reversal of the disease itself. This is different than reversing the symptoms of diabetes. Symptoms of diabetes (according the WHO) are of course hyperglycemia, increased urination, thirst, hunger and unexplained weight loss and we also consider the comorbidities of obesity, hypertension and abnormal cholesterol as symptoms of diabetes. Clearly if one normalizes blood sugars and all these symptoms improve or normalize to what is seen in a healthy state we would say that someone has reversed the symptoms of their diabetes. But have they really reversed their diabetes? I don’t think so.

Well this is where things have gone awry. For reasons that are beyond me the medical profession has decided to define reversal of diabetes as reversing the symptoms. According to webmd:

“The term ‘reversal’ is used when people can go off medication but still must engage in a lifestyle program in order to stay off,” says Ann Albright, PhD, RD. She’s the director of diabetes translation at the CDC.

By medications, we obviously mean medications which address hyperglycemia. I think it is totally absurd to consider medication as a treatment and that lifestyle is not a treatment.

And it doesn’t mean that your insulin resistance, insulin deficiency or other factors which impair the blood sugar response is improved. It only means that your blood sugar isn’t measured as being outside of a defined “norm.” And it doesn’t mean that you have addressed the other symptoms of diabetes (lipids, hypertension, weight gain etc). And what do we mean by “normalize,” depending on the guidelines that is either an A1c < 6.5% or and A1c < 7%. In my little twisted part of the world, this is not normal. So here we have medical professionals using the term reversing diabetes to mean controlling hyperglycemia to mediocre levels without medication. Not normalizing all the symptoms and even the ones that are controlled aren’t normal.

Could we really look ourselves in the mirror and tell ourselves that we have “reversed” our condition when by any measure we still have an abnormal blood sugar, perhaps all the rest of the symptoms and actually still have diabetes there ready to rear it’s ugly head if we stop our diet and exercise treatment.

Advertisement

The Phrase “Reversing Diabetes” Is Misleading:

A patient who has gotten themselves off of medications and can manage their condition with lifestyle has done a great job. But have they done what is best for the health in managing their condition? What is the goal? Should our goal be to achieve the best health outcomes or to simply not take medications? I think simply getting off medications is a misleading goal and it would be better to work towards the best outcomes.

Calling it “reversed diabetes” leaves us with the belief that we have normalized our condition. If you still have abnormal blood sugars and you still have to watch everything you eat and exercise all the time how in the world is that normalized? That is really not telling us the truth. And the sad thing is that we have an insane focus on obesity. Sure, losing weight can improve blood sugar control and help manage diabetes. It works for both type 1 and type 2.

But weight is not the cause of diabetes and losing weight doesn’t stop diabetes. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes or pre-diabetes it doesn’t matter, diabetes has already happened. You can manage it, but you will never return to a condition in which diabetes never exists. Even if you totally manage the symptoms without medication you can never expect to go back to your previous lifestyle without diabetes rearing its ugly head. So saying that diabetes has been reversed is just misleading. It causes patients to have an incorrect understanding of their condition.

The Phrase “Reversing Diabetes” Is Harmful:

And in the end the most difficult thing to understand is that the use of these terms is harmful to patients. If you tell a patient that they have reversed their diabetes they may think that they no longer have diabetes and can simply go back to their old lifestyle. And repeating this phrase gives patients hope that is just not realistic.

Unfortunately efforts to truly reverse type 2 diabetes that bring patients back to a full healthy state have all utterly failed. The most costly and concentrated effort to prevent and reverse diabetes (the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)) was only able to show that you could slow or halt the progression of diabetes. None of the patients were shown to have gone back to a non-diabetic state. Halting the progression is not reversing. So when a some is led to believe that they have reversed the condition, that maybe the lost weight and had better blood sugars, they can be vulnerable to making bad decisions. Very bad decisions. They may stop watching what they eat, exercising, skip medications, stop checking their blood sugar and stop going to their doctor. Bad things can happen. All because they have been misled.

The use of the phrase reversing diabetes also can leave patients with a sense of blame for their condition when they don’t achieve the goal of getting of medication. What about those who cannot get normalized blood sugars without medication. Did they fail? And what about those that have short term success but still have their diabetes progress to requiring medication. Did they fail? Holding out a false concept that you can reverse diabetes can lead to a sense of failure and blame when you can’t live up to achieving the impossible.

And finally I ask whether the current definition of “reversing diabetes” is even an appropriate goal. If we want the best health outcomes, how would we achieve that. Compare two patients, one who has “reversed” their diabetes, takes no medication and has an A1c of 6.9%. The other takes an oral medication and has achieved an A1c of 5.5%. Who is better off, the patient who has reversed their diabetes or the patient with full blown diabetes on a medication. And wouldn’t we think a patient with an A1c of 6.9% would have their diabetes progress faster than a patient with an A1c of 5.5%. Personally I’d rather have a normal blood sugar even if it meant I had to take a medication. “Reversing diabetes” is the wrong goal and it leads patients to not make the best choices of good health outcomes.

So what should we say instead? I would argue that we should use terms that are accurate, convey the proper meaning and don’t harm patients. David Mendosa has argued that we should use the term “remission.” And I agree with him. That term is much better. As David quotes, remission is “abatement or disappearance of the signs and symptoms of disease.” And that is what everyone refers to when they say reversal. I would urge everyone to use the term “Remission” and to work to eliminate the term “Reversing Diabetes” from the medical lexicon. Words matter.

P.S. And please, anyone who has achieved remission of their diabetes without needing medication, you are my hero.

Date: November 07, 2017 05:45AM

actionfraud.org.uk/fraud-az-medical-scams

Type 1 reversed

Fake Diabetes Cures

Be wary of so called 'diabetes cures'
A cure for diabetes is the Holy Grail for patients, healthcare resources and budgets, not to mention some pharmaceutical companies.

However, at this stage a widespread and effective cure does not exist.

To the dismay of both the international diabetic community, and the concerns of many healthcare professionals, a number of (primarily Internet-based) sites have appeared selling diabetes cures.

These sites can often be recognised by their jargon and language used, and prey on understandably hopeful diabetics.

Usually sold under a brand name, and touted as being ‘100% effective in curing diabetes’, these cures are often not what they appear.

Usually, the cures are sold as being a natural combination of a variety of herbs that can aid in lowering and controlling blood sugar levels without the need for diabetes medication or insulin.

Don't jeopardise your health

The really insidious nature of such claims is that it can urge diabetics to jeopardise their health by going off their medication, normal diet, or exercise routine, and relying on unproven products.

The Internet, for all of the good aspects and information it can offer, can also hide scams and phonies.

Diabetes.co.uk received reports of some sites urging diabetics to ‘throw away your insulin'.

The American Food and Drug Administration have gone out of their way to clampdown on the fake cures, sending warning letters and considering enforcement.

Many of the herbs and components of these cures are unregulated, and their efficiency for treating diabetes unproven.

Diabetes UK has also weighed in to highlight these dangerous scams.

What about people who really have come off insulin?

It’s true that people have been able to come off insulin.

Typically this involves either someone with Type 2 diabetes who has got their diet under control and no longer needs to rely on insulin or other diabetes medication, or in the case of type 1 diabetes, it can be thanks to an islet cell transplant which has seen a number of recipients come off insulin for a certain period of time.

In the case of type 2 diabetes, it is far from being an easy cure and involves a lot of work and discipline.

Some supplements may help to an extent with blood sugar control but without following a healthy diet, a supplement on its own will not have the desired effect.

In the case of type 1 diabetes, promises of a miracle cure are even more dangerous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 05:53AM by riverhousebill.

Date: November 07, 2017 11:23AM

by Ann Bartlet

As with any good and worthy cause, there are a few individuals who also take advantage and promote inaccurate information about diabetes. What wrinkles my nose is the concept that nature has a cure for diabetes. Why is this a myth? Let me explain.

First, which diabetes are they talking about that has a natural cure? Type 1 diabetes does not have a cure, nor a natural cure! Type 1 is an autoimmune disease, which attacks the insulin forming cells, called beta cells, leaving as little as 10% of the total amount needed to keep the body alive. The only way to treat type 1 is injected insulin; you can’t eat better, take supplements, or drink medicinal teas to “reverse” it. The digestive system of someone with type 1 can take a pounding from the nature of the disease, so eating well, taking antioxidants and adding acupuncture can help tremendously, in beefing up the weakened immune system and aid in better digestion. Additionally, cutting down carbohydrates helps to manage blood sugar levels and because of the way type 1 diabetes affects the metabolism, lower carb intake also helps the stomach and small intestine digest food and absorb nutrients better.

For type 2 diabetes natural is better, because learning to eat well and living a healthier life will decrease the risk for complications. But type 2 diabetes has a definition problem. For years, type 2 was categorized as a form of metabolic syndrome, primarily insulin resistance. But in recent years, type 2 is being studied to determine if it really belongs in the autoimmune category, right along side type 1 diabetes. The reason is that when people are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, they also show a decreased number of beta cells (the insulin producing cells) approximately 50% less then normal. For many, the beta cells replenish to about 80% of their total mass after a few changes are made to eating and health habits. (To me this is similar to the honeymoon period that happens with type 1) What is not expressed well, even by the medical community is that for many with type 2, their beta cells may eventually die off again, reducing the overall number of beta cells back to 50% or less permanently; and therein lies the problem with telling patients they can reverse their type 2 diabetes.

A well educated diabetes doctor (called an endocrinologist) should then say to his patients, “This is managing diabetes, not reversing it and it’s the most proven method to avoiding the need for pharmaceutical medication.”

For the alternative medicine groups, when trying to sell a product to help type 2 patients, they should never stake the claim that they can reverse, or cure diabetes, no supplement will ever cure diabetes.

Date: November 07, 2017 06:12PM

Why didn't you post the title to that last article by a Diabetic blogger, Ann Bartlet?

The reason is because it is clearly ANTI-RAW...

Raw Food Does NOT Cure Diabetes
By Ann Bartlett

I would expect ignorant doctors to say that there are No "CURES" and I am NOT surprised that there are Ignorant Diabetic bloggers, like Ann Bartlet, and yes, the other clown you posted, Brian Cohen, saying the same BS as the doctors. In fact, I would almost expect that from most people because most people don't know about Raw Food.

I have coached dozens of Diabetics over the last decade or so and to say Raw Food does NOT Reverse Type 2 Diabetes is a CRIME because it does!

In fact, Juice Feasting works so fast for Blood Sugar Issues that most of my students have to get off their medication within a couple days and the rest within a couple weeks.

Gabriel Cousens has literally saved tens of thousands of lives in the 40 or so years he's been in practice and if only 1 person dies under his care during that time, that's a hell of a lot better than the 40 people who will die by going to the average doctor here in America who has, on an average, KILLED at least 40 people in that same amount of time. In other words, every doctor here in America is KILLING 1 person every year - see Death by Medicine.

Death by Medicine
[www.lifeextension.com]

The most stunning statistic, however, is that the total number of deaths caused by conventional medicine is an astounding 783,936 per year. It is now evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the US. (By contrast, the number of deaths attributable to heart disease in 2001 was 699,697, while the number of deaths attributable to cancer was 553,251.5)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 06:13PM by John Rose.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 07, 2017 09:10PM

Hi RHB, this world is an awesome place. It's not all doom and gloom.

this man spontaneously started producing insulin after 7 years of Type 1. It would be nice to see how he doing today.
[asweetlife.org]

Victoria Boutenko's son had Type 1 and she did something radical when he was diagnosed: force the whole family to go raw vegan before her son had to go on insulin. They went raw vegan and he was cured in about 6 months.

[www.rawfamily.com]

There better be hope for Type 1. My pathologist friend says there is a correlation between childhood vaccines and Type 1 diabetes, but it's not being studied, of course, it's not the only trigger. The other thing to look for are any true vegans getting type 1 without any vaccines? If not, the autoimmune reaction might be connected to animal foods in the diet. When victoria immediately tackled the Type 1 in her son, he was able to be cured without insulin. More people should try the radical natural upon diagnosis before years of taking insulin and then trying to get cured.

People need to keep an open mind. William Courtney, MD, found that juicing CBD rich heirloom marijuana leaves for his patients was healing their brains and he thinks it helps regrow neurons. So he is getting radical results in 6 weeks with automimmune conditions that are related to the brain and so MDs are now rethinking what they were taught before.
We can't have an absolute fatalist attitude toward Type 1 diabetes. Are they studying radical natural healing at the university level? No, they are not. So when you say you are going to stick with university info, fine, but, it's all stagnant info with stagnant food and so their info is rock solid because their status quo will not change. It's fine if you are fine with taking insulin, but not everyone wants that.

IF vaccines are one source for triggering Type 1 diabetes, then who would want to embrace this disease without trying to heal it first?

[foodforthesoul.opare.net]

This is the man that was greatly healed by going to Dr. Cousen's diabetes program at Tree of life. Remarkable story.

Natural news article about Dr. Kirt Tyson and Type 1 diabetes. It seems he is not cured yet, as he still needs insulin when he gets sick.

[www.naturalnews.com]#

[www.treeoflifefoundation.org]

Gabriel writes:
Over the last 40 years I, Dr. Cousens, have been doing research on how to heal diabetes naturally. In the last 7 years, I have developed a 21-day program showing that we have the ability to heal Type 2 diabetes naturally. Healing means to return formerly diabetic people to a non-diabetic physiology with the use of diet, herbs, minerals and enzymes.

In a series of 120 people, there was a successful cure rate of 61% with type 2 non-insulin dependent diabetes and 24% with type 2 insulin dependent diabetes in 3 weeks. “Success” means a fasting blood sugar lower than 100 and all normal blood tests for diabetes for 3 months.

For type 1 diabetes, which is considered absolutely incurable, the healing rate is 21% in three weeks. Type I diabetes is not however the focus of the worldwide prevention effort as it is a relatively small proportion of the diabetic population.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 09:33PM by Tai.

Date: November 08, 2017 12:25AM

Tai-Hi RHB, this world is an awesome place. It's not all doom and gloom.
I know very well the world is an awesome place I live there!
But to promote false hopes may doom some.
And the gloom comes with medical facts of this illness.
A cure for type one would make 38 million americans very happy and healthy again.
Please dont paint me as doom and gloom I have hope with science, our candle in the dark, I have great hope with collective thinking.
But there are so many false claims, Its like walking in a mine field for some.

Scientists haven’t found a link between vaccines and type 1 diabetes.

There has been good results with a cure with stem cell researh, claiming to have cured mice.
Type two diabetes can be cured thru diet, Well poven But what I have read so far says no diet will cure type two.

It would be wonderfulif some way was found to cure people from this illness
and stem cell seems to be the only thing gaining ground as far as Ive read.

Date: November 08, 2017 03:30AM

Tai, a little light on why this man no longer needs insulin. Sorry John no one has ever been cured of type one thru diet, Type two can cured with diet and exercise, that has been proved long ago. There are many claims to have cured type one but no clincal proof anywhere.

quote John-Why didn't you post the title to that last article by a Diabetic blogger, Ann Bartlet?

The reason is because it is clearly ANTI-RAW...
Title-
Raw Food Does NOT Cure Diabetes
John relax she makes no claim that cooked food can cure

That does not hold true for type two that can be cured with a healthy Raw or cooked foods many have found cure thru diet with type two.
But to claim Type one can be cured thru diet is a lie with nothing to back it.
people who claim to have cure for type one have somthing to sell just like the big Pharmie guys.

A man with type 1 diabetes has been told by doctors he has a rare type of gene which explains why he no longer needs to rely upon insulin to control his condition.

Dan Darkes, from Daventry in Northamptonshire, discovered he had type 1 in 2010 shortly after leaving the Army. He started using insulin, but he stopped with the daily injections earlier this year when tests showed his blood sugar levels were below average/average to low.

His healthcare team were puzzled as to why his body no longer required the insulin injections and so he travelled to America where tests were carried out on him.

Mr Darkes, known as “Miracle Dan” to his friends, returned to Northampton where his results have since been analysed.

Speaking to the Chronicle and Echo newspaper, he said: “My tests indicated that doctors found a rare gene in my results and that has acted as a ‘backup’ immune system. This has led to insulin being reproduced in my pancreas.

“The gene has basically recharged my immune system and pancreas, kicking into action beta cells which have laid dormant for the time I have had type 1. The consultants haven’t ruled out the possibility that me staying active and running was the trauma or shock which triggered the healing process.

Prior to the tests, doctors estimated the probability of Mr Darkes’ miraculous recovery being genuine at 80 per cent. Since the diabetes community have eagerly awaited further updates about his condition in the hope that a cure for type 1 diabetes may have been developed.

Raw Food or cooked foods will not cure type one Diabetes So far, maybe the right recipe, but that has not been found yet
best hopes are like this rare gene

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 03:53AM by riverhousebill.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables