Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FAT - Killer interveiw of James Sloane by Marcus Rothkrantz
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 29, 2015 09:51PM

nobody is judging or obsessing for no purpose here.

of COURSE I am immature - I have to be - any utterance from a 22 year old know it all must be on point.

is it possible by the way for EXCESS to cause disease? nah...

the title of the video was fat and weight loss or something to that effect.

not sure what's so shocking about me having an issue about it.

you want me to take dietary advice from dr atkins too?

i think he sounds like a great guy and i liked him. and from a technical standpoint some of what he was saying was true, but like JR said, it's not focusing on causes or the big picture things.

it's fine for people to want to tinker here and there around the edges and continue eating their marvelous cooked foods.

and it's funny how people can criticize skinny people all the time but fatness? no way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:23PM

SueZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Weight Loss Special PART 2 : James Sloane,
> > estrogen, fat, & what to do"
> >
> > [www.youtube.com]
>
>
> Here is another great interview in which Marcus
> interviews James Sloane on herbs.
>
> [www.cultureunplugged.com]-
> online/play/12532/Free-Food-and-Medicine--James-Sl
> oane-medical-Expert-Goes-Natural

Too bad the second video had something happen to the last 14 minutes so it is unavailable. Other than that it's one of the best videos on his subject I've come across.

James Sloane is an excellent teacher and it's clear, IMO, he knows way more than he ever says - even though he talks so fast that he really knows how to densely pack info into videos very well. I always learn a lot from these interviews.

Interesting what James has to say about Chaparral, for instance, and how to process it so it's alkaloids oxidize to the point they are harmless to the body. He is the first herbalist I have heard speak out on that sore subject in the herbal world.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:56PM

Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis - Calcification but no idea what causes it

Heart Murmur - Inflammation, infections, and congenital heart defects

Interstitial Cystitis - Inflammation likely caused by auto-immunity

Pancreatitis - Inflammation caused by poor diet, excessive alcohol use, infections, etc.

Scleroderma - Auto-immune

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 29, 2015 11:56PM

>Too bad the second video had something happen to the last 14 minutes so it is unavailable. Other than that it's one of the best videos on his subject I've come across.

worked for me.

95% useless non cause-based medicinal stuff in that video.
but what do you expect.

then dates and mulberries at the end. yay

so yeah, JR was right, jowl connected to belly. not too fat, just a bit from the cooked food he eats.

asthma caused by adrenal problems? don't think so.

Date: May 30, 2015 12:29AM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The problem with people like James is the same
> problem with people like jt and TSM as you guys do
> NOT understand the Cause of Disease and as long as
> you do NOT understand the Cause, you will continue
> to focus too much on the Art where we put too much
> emphasis on other Protocols, like Herbs, and too
> much emphasis on certain Nutrients that can help
> certain Disease Conditions."
>
>
> Oh, Johnny,
>
> I very much understand the Cause of Disease, which
> in nearly all cases is some form of body toxicity
> and/or nutritional deficiencies. Herbs can aid the
> healing process in many different ways, including
> containing potent phytochemicals which repair and
> protect DNA, detoxification and fighting foreign
> invaders. Juice fasting can be a great way to
> heal, and it's very easy to learn by yourself, but
> in many circumstances it's not nearly as effective
> as herbal remedies. These instances include
> late-stage cancers, bacterial infections,
> diabetes, anxiety, hormonal imbalances, learning
> disorders, etc.

Hi jtprindl,

the next thing we are going to be told is that old chestnut, "we are what we eat". You would be surprised how many still fall for that nonsense.

For health there does seem to be a requirement for different diets for different stages in life. Lots of big talk about the place, but unfortunately much of the talk is raw food/lifestyle 101 that comes from a very blinkered approach to health imo. The big issue as l see it is that we have been teaching diet back-to-front. We rightly assume that simple is best, but what we seem to not understand is that in this messed up world with messed up minds and bodies from this modern living, the simple diet doesn't work for most people. In this complex world we require more complex solutions to start off with, ie, a more structured high nutrient diet tailored to the individual, and as we progress we can simplify the diet and focus less on nutrients, and as we raise our levels spiritually we can simplify the diet even more (of course there are always exceptions to the rule). Fasting regularly is a tricky thing because we must be sure one doesn't end up deficient, and fasting is certainly not the answer to everything and curing all illnesses. It's about lifestyle and the way one views things, and it's about a spiritual connection. Thinking one evolved from apes certainly isn't going to help the outlook and spiritual connection because of the place from which such thinking originally came from (I won't say anymore on the evolution idea because it will cause WW3 in the raw food world if l reallyopened up about the lies perpetrated by the sytem).

In sum, health is about a number of factors that must be tailored to one's circumstances and level. So a more comprehensive and nutritious diet for average levels, and a more skint diet for higher levels in most cases l would think. Imo N.H does it back-to-front because they recommend a simple and often skint diet for average people because they see things from a more narrow perspective that doesn’t seem to take into account the full spiritual side [because they seem to teach we came from Apes] and bespoke diets for a person’s unique circumstances in a complex world. People seem to assume a clean body will be disease free, and this type of narrow thinking is filled with danger as has been seen in the past. In sum, there needs to be a fine balance of numerous factors when trying to achieve good health...clean body, good nutrition (especially for average people in a complex and dirty world with compromised minds, bodies and values), good outlook, spiritual outlook etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2015 12:37AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:46AM

So, as James informs us, since Chaparral needs several weeks to dry out in order for it's alkaloids to be neutralized by oxidizing, the whole brouhaha about Chaparral being toxic probably was initiated by uninformed people foraging it, ingesting it too soon, and subsequently probably damaging their kidneys due to their own errors in knowledge and lack of necessary preparation.
This is very good to know.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables