Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: CARA Brotman's Diet & Weight Loss Secrets
Posted by: HH ()
Date: June 09, 2015 02:10AM

Dan McDonald looks perfectly healthy. Hey, guess what? Men in their 40s tend to age in a variety of ways. There's no diet that's going to stop that from happening. At least he's honest enough to be under the natural sky, practically naked, wearing no make-up and having had no plastic surgery done. All things considered, he looks quite healthy. I would love to see some of you people on here who are criticizing his looks under the same conditions.

And feel free to post pics of yourselves here. Would love to see how you shape up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 02:11AM by HH.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 09, 2015 02:22AM

yeah, he looks about the same as he did in 2009 when i just looked at another vid, maybe a slight bit less muscular, but not much. i guess people are trying to say the fruit diet makes you too lean, but depends on a lot of factors, hard to say.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 09, 2015 02:47AM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan McDonald looks perfectly healthy. Hey, guess
> what? Men in their 40s tend to age in a variety of
> ways. There's no diet that's going to stop that
> from happening. At least he's honest enough to be
> under the natural sky, practically naked, wearing
> no make-up and having had no plastic surgery done.
> All things considered, he looks quite healthy. I
> would love to see some of you people on here who
> are criticizing his looks under the same
> conditions.
>
> And feel free to post pics of yourselves here.
> Would love to see how you shape up.

He's definitely extremely skinny (but looks healthy) and although that's not necessarily a bad thing, it could be. He could be protein deficient with his dietary habits. Up until recently, I thought he was doing great, but his past few videos have me questioning whether this is true or not. He seems to get lost in his own thoughts and unable to speak with clarity and consistency. In many videos he's full of energy, words flowing with clarity and passion, and very lean with muscle definition, but recently he seems exhausted and out of it mentally, and skinnier. Then again he did just move so that could be a factor. He could have so much stuff on his mind that he's not really focused on the content of his videos while he's making them.

I compare his recent videos to what Matt Monarch is like all the time. Monarch is very socially awkward, struggles with completing sentences and explaining things and appears to be obsessed with being "clean" and thinks it's healthy that he looks like he just walked out of a concentration camp. I would be willing to bet that physically he's very weak. He's so caught up with keeping his colon spotless that he's lost sight of many other important aspects of health and longevity.

I'm not surprised to see that two people who live primarily on liquids are also extremely skinny. They could simply not be getting enough protein. I wonder how much protein is bound to the fiber when juicing. Maybe John Rose would know more about that. Low calorie diets can be dangerous if they are not very well-planned and can easily lead to numerous, serious deficiencies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 02:48AM by jtprindl.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 09, 2015 03:09AM

>> I wonder how much protein is bound to the fiber when juicing

good point

15% average bound to fiber in gorilla diet
but 35% bound to fiber in fruit alone.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 09, 2015 03:30AM

Rawgosia, " If only I weighed 100 lbs, THEN he would love me!"

Havent we been there girl and looking back, was it worth it!

Date: June 09, 2015 03:40AM

Ok I am watching the video again.

8:00

Markus is saying he is not paying Cara to talk about raw vegan foods sexy like she does.

I love his voice, I think he is a bunny bear. He is so sweet. He cares about people. I want to try his green powder.

Cara loves sprouts, so do I girl. And green powder. She loves life and she loves Markus and her son and she wants to be able to move and if she fallas she wants to get up again.

( I do not know any fifty year old who looks like her- I know many twenty somethings..that look similar, the body she has is amazing.)

She says we are not dropped in a slaughterhouse , she is dropped in the garden of eden.

She does not avoid cooked foods, but she wants raw foods.

Her son she is talking about. Bread is a gut bomb she said, It is terrible. LOL I love her, so Juliano, he gets it from her

If I was Markus I would grill her on Juliano. And how did he feel when he saw that bit on Penn and Teller.

She has a nice voice, its deep and tones of seduction, almost waiting for her to start making love. I love her!

Oh wow did you see her breakfast! Fruit and nut milk... and her savory salad, kale dandelion avocados and tomatoes pumpkin seeds, and spirulina and seaweed, garlic kraut..quinoa sprouted. YUM

I love her.

She is so fun and Markus is crazy about her. She doesnt liek fruit juices so she drinks cucumber juice always in the fridge. Plain water and smoothies and green formula.

I think Markus is trying to pimp her out but this girl is so powerful. She will make him beg !!

Raw Vegans are beautiful. I love them. She eats like a person in the jungle. I would love to see her in Days to Come. She be like Xena. Or Beyond Thunderdome...

She has a cookbook? Lots of oils, desserts, and vegan cheezcakes and she loves coconut oil and chocolate. My kind of gal. She is making innuendos how they like chocolate yum yum...so full of energy and simple she says she is always active and running around and practices proper posture and turns anything into a workout.

I am up to 17 min and she is on the floor, waxing, and she is on all fours, you got to see this HH!!

She has got it whatever it is.

Its very nice.

I bet you Markus is worth it though.

But I heard something on the radio the other night, it said there are two sides to everybody, they side of us we show others-- and then the side we show no one. So what she is like alone may be totally different.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 03:51AM by suvine.

Date: June 09, 2015 05:53AM

Look at my friend at this years raw fest. With MIMI, she is 77 no?

Posted by: Raw Curious ()
Date: June 09, 2015 08:39AM

oh, yeah, brianna jackfruitson is another person freelee and durianrider have banned from the thai fruit festival.

hi bluespixie, no they don't choose their advertising (i haven't eaten meat for 27 years, so do no meat-related googling confused smiley so i'm not sure why the occasional youtube meat ad comes up [no one else uses my laptop]...i'm not sure exactly how it works), but if any advertising is potentially from a company selling meat products i think it is hypocritical of freelee and durianrider to profit from that and then chastise dan the man over the whey thing.

we don't have empirical evidence as to why x or y diet may work. all we have to go by are looks and demeanour of a person...unless we try the diet for ourselves, and then we can assess our energy levels, mood, sense of well-being, sense of satiation, looks etc. looks are a legitimate means to determining the efficacy of a diet to some degree. i've met a couple of raw foodists (one who was trying to sell me a $12 raw bar) and they both had very dark circles under their eyes. so that made me think that something wasn't quite balanced with their diet. of course other factors come into play - genetics, past unhealthy habits, detox (where you can look worse before you look better). and of course it's not all about diet. exercise, sunshine, sleep, water...are all parts of the health equation. also personality comes into play - even if someone has the perfect diet, they may be mentally unbalanced or disconnected from others. maybe they have experienced early childhood trauma for instance, and the omnivore with the loving childhood has great self esteem and just shines as a result.

not everyone who looks hot is dominated by thoughts of what they look like. maybe they are a natural beauty - not into the fakery, but are consumed by their passions. they don't even realise they are beautiful or really care. everyone's barometer of what is beautiful is different - beauty is a subjective thing.

just because we gain information about a particular diet from someone through a visual medium, doesn't mean that we don't value other aspects of that person, or that looks is the main focus in our lives. the visual or energetic signs are just a means to gain information. for instance - if a raw food 'guru' looks gaunt, i would question their dietary philosophy. if they seem like they are constantly creating discordant energy i would wonder if perhaps they are lacking in a certain nutrient - although there may be other reasons for this. if they look lacklustre, or their eyes are dull - i would question their recommendations.

i suppose it's subjective as to whether dan looks healthy or not. presumably he is healthy on an objective level. health is part of a continuum, so maybe we've seen him look healthier or more vital. he does seem to be on a path of purification and minimal eating though. we need to minimise toxins coming in, but also maximise nutrients coming in. if somebody notices that he looks more vibrant when trying a certain path (say higher fat), then that is useful information in the way they apply the raw food diet to themselves.

marcus is definitely sweet. cara has a very overtly sexual manner that seems contrived to me, but so what. i'd like to see just her, without all of the facade, because i know that she has had so much experience with the raw food diet. her path seems so much more vibrant than the raw to 4 crowds and their three plates of noodles and dumplings and rice and curry or whatever for dinner. (i know sometimes she is in character, and that is different.) i thought she looked fantastic when she played the flight attendant and had the short blonde bob. it's great to see a couple in love. they have lots of fantastic information to share and they are successful raw foodists who have not given up.

mimi looks her age i think. annette larkins can look so young. it's probably because she is eating food she has grown. of course genetics also come into play. the healthier you are, the better you can look...based on your own limitations. of course an 18 year old supermodel who had cotton balls for lunch may look better than a fifty year old that's had a green smoothie for lunch, but we just want to do the best we can with what we've got. there's no point looking amazing, but feeling incredibly restricted socially, but every persons critical point is different. some people don't care about the social aspect. for others the occasional vegan meal out, allows them to feel more free. but if the cooked food means they end up feeling like they have a hangover the next day...that critical point may change over time...the pleasure from feeling great overrides the pleasure of that social freedom.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: June 09, 2015 03:38PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dan McDonald looks perfectly healthy. Hey,
> guess
> > what? Men in their 40s tend to age in a variety
> of
> > ways. There's no diet that's going to stop that
> > from happening. At least he's honest enough to
> be
> > under the natural sky, practically naked,
> wearing
> > no make-up and having had no plastic surgery
> done.
> > All things considered, he looks quite healthy.
> I
> > would love to see some of you people on here
> who
> > are criticizing his looks under the same
> > conditions.
> >
> > And feel free to post pics of yourselves here.
> > Would love to see how you shape up.
>
>
> He's definitely extremely skinny (but looks
> healthy) and although that's not necessarily a bad
> thing, it could be. He could be protein deficient
> with his dietary habits. Up until recently, I
> thought he was doing great, but his past few
> videos have me questioning whether this is true or
> not. He seems to get lost in his own thoughts and
> unable to speak with clarity and consistency. In
> many videos he's full of energy, words flowing
> with clarity and passion, and very lean with
> muscle definition, but recently he seems exhausted
> and out of it mentally, and skinnier. Then again
> he did just move so that could be a factor. He
> could have so much stuff on his mind that he's not
> really focused on the content of his videos while
> he's making them.
>
> I compare his recent videos to what Matt Monarch
> is like all the time. Monarch is very socially
> awkward, struggles with completing sentences and
> explaining things and appears to be obsessed with
> being "clean" and thinks it's healthy that he
> looks like he just walked out of a concentration
> camp. I would be willing to bet that physically
> he's very weak. He's so caught up with keeping his
> colon spotless that he's lost sight of many other
> important aspects of health and longevity.
>
> I'm not surprised to see that two people who live
> primarily on liquids are also extremely skinny.
> They could simply not be getting enough protein. I
> wonder how much protein is bound to the fiber when
> juicing. Maybe John Rose would know more about
> that. Low calorie diets can be dangerous if they
> are not very well-planned and can easily lead to
> numerous, serious deficiencies.

my thoughts exactly. I'm not trying to attack the guy, or diminish his character, HH, i just worry that maybe the whole extremely low protein thing might be dangerous in the long run.

That is not to say that i think one can't get enough protein on a plant based diet, but IF one is fasting 3/4ths of the day, doing extended water fasts, etc i don't see how one is even able to consume adequate amounts of protein, or calories, unless he eats an incredible amount of food when he actually does eat. I know panchito has posted information about protein and lysine deficiencies, i just hope dan knows this information too.

I was also taking into consideration what Suez posted about the endorphins during fasting. this to me is fascinating, i would love to see if there is actual science behind this. It would make sense as to why a guy who has been raw vegan for almost 20 years or something like that and who extensively cleanses is still obsessed with fasting and detoxing. his body should be clean by now one would think.

We have to remember that as natural as the raw diet is, there's not much in terms of long term studies or references from people who also have lived 60 plus years going raw, doing water fasts, etc. correct me if i'm wrong. i just think we should be open to critiquing and looking at things objectively because at this point there's no one right way to do it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 03:39PM by tezcal.

Date: June 10, 2015 09:21PM

I agree Tezcal about the fasting.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:14AM

Hi suvine, totally agree what you wrote about appearances. It's a lot more socially acceptable to say "I want to be raw/vegan/exercise more/eat well to 'feel' better" when a lot of it really comes down to vanity. We want to look younger and fresher and for us ladies (especially 30s onwards) it's easy to obsess about it, and feel shallow for admitting it.

Most guys have no idea the strain women are under to be perfect, how there is a constant feeling of duality of being yourself versus being what is expected of you (and sadly, the joy of being complemented on it).

Need to break free!

Date: June 13, 2015 05:16PM

Bluespixie I am glad you brought that up. I am. Thank you. I see your point.

I think the majority of us want love. We want others to love us.

How do we get others to love us? Become thin? Lose 100 lbs? Is that how people do it?

Ladies if you are chasing a man- the game is already over and you lost. And if you did get, what exactly did you get. You dont need to go raw to look hot to get a man to love you.

But being raw will help you develop skills to talk to a man. I found. Your moods are manageable, no paranoia anymore, no stress, no anger, no fear...and freedom of inhibitions.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2015 05:19PM by suvine.

Posted by: Raw Curious ()
Date: June 15, 2015 09:32AM

I think it's to do with a lot more than just vanity. Raw elevates your moods, the world seems more colourful, you feel more alive, you are more energetic. At least that is the case for me. There's a lot more than just looks that drives people to be raw.

So many people inject themselves and nip and tuck and try to make themselves look better from the outside. They can never look younger and better this way. Just weirder. So adopting a raw diet would be much more healthy than this - even if motivated for purely aesthetic reasons.

Yeah, you're right Suvine...raw can help in so many other ways. Even though I still eat some cooked food, the world is more sepia-toned with cooked. It feels like you are burnt inside. I just feel better on raw.

Date: June 16, 2015 03:33PM

18:00 She is good at not being at facebook, she is in her garden and she does not have a TV YES My kind of girl. I have not had cable tv since 1992. Its so awesome.

She hates fruit juices she says they spike your blood level. BS I love fruit juices. They are talking how fruit juices give you wrinkles and green juice keeps you steady well..both do to me.

She is talking about cleanses and enemas, she goes MARCUUUUS YOUUU turned me ONNN to ENEEEMMMASS.....and neti potty ( not sexy). She says it cures gas bloating and you feel so lighter and cleans EVERYTHINGGG...

She is talking about how ten to bed is healing hour, and they are recapping basics,

SHE DOES EAT TIL LUNCHTIME and only raw vegan until 6 pm and goes to produce section to get olive oil coconut meat and coconut water ( bottled)

22:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 03:34PM by suvine.

Date: June 18, 2015 02:10AM

23:00 Minutes in

Markus talking about coco meat.
They sell coconut meat in the freezer section, they buy, one meal a day she does, like yogis, at one pm. Bodybuilder Dan eats only once a day too. Her body doesnt have food to digest, she heals, which she injures herself and then only for a few minutes, because her body is busy digesting food. Her pain is gone in three minutes when if she was cooked food she would have cancer or a broken foot. Marcus is talking about fasting and its like cleaning a house, cleaning loose ends, same as sleep she says, and she talks about the brain needing cleaning. Our brains flush themself at night she says, true-
Only when you are sleeping your brain flushes itself and you cannot have food in your body.
So many things to learn and know she says, Its not how much it is the life force power. If you eat raw food...she says I DO NOT ENDORSE 800 calorie days like she used to, she is talking about how she used to pass out and someone would bring her mangos and almonds and she felt anorexic. Its not good she says

27:00

Date: June 19, 2015 04:35PM

27:00

As soon as she started eating she felt better, on the diet restriction diets. She argues with Markus about overeating and he backs down quick.

Another indicator she is losing weight is if her inner thighs touch, and Markus is getting turned on.

She knows her strawberry farmer. She knows all of them and do not trust if it says organic, you need to know the farmer.

MArkus says she is never hungry. She doesnt do it because she feels so good. The third day you will feel good she says, you notice how many people around you do it too. And you are like MY GOD!
When she first fasted at 25 she was so clean and no layers of toxins.
Things fall off you and you become clairvoyant when fasting ( true I been there)

Being clean physically Markus says is a big part. Only eat sunlight hours.

She asks him questions about his digestion and he says fasting is great and overeating three meals a day wears out your engine.

He takes a mini vacation a day, while sleeping.
he says she does this naturally, she doesnt know why, but she feels good.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: July 21, 2015 03:47PM

bump,

a few more criticisms on dan

has anyone seen this embarrassing video of him doing 'pull ups'?

[www.youtube.com]

this is the type of raw vegan stuff that makes me cringe. he's trying to prove that raw vegans aren't weak and scrawny by showing up looking extremely thin and doing pull ups completely wrong. First of all, his head is barely going over the bar, the proper way I'm pretty sure is for your chest to be at bar level. Second, he is using momentum to barely push himself above the bar, he can't even execute one proper pull up properly. What he is doing is a useless exercise that is not benefiting him in the slightest.

This video really makes me wonder about his whole back story that he always talks about, 'i used to be a body builder but i didn't feel good' etc. I learned how to do a proper pull up when i was 14 years old. Someone with a back ground in body building should know this.

Here's a few videos someone should send him. I dont have a youtube account but he could potentially hurt himself using improper technique

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 22, 2015 03:06AM

WOW Tezcal. He put himself out there I guess.

Let me watch and I tell you my opinion of his Pull up.

at :38 he seems to really be forcing it. AT 1:00 he fizzles out.

Its kind of erotic. He is very passionate about them. What do you think Suze.

DId you know there is part 2 Tezcal. FIzzles out at 1:00 but doesnt give up.

So fascinating

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2015 03:07AM by suvine.

Date: July 24, 2015 05:03PM

Bobbie what do you think the problem is? What would you never do?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables