Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CARA Brotman's Diet & Weight Loss Secrets
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 04, 2015 09:51PM

Markus Rothkranz interviews his partner, (and Julian Brotman's sister), Cara Brotman ...

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CARA Brotman's Diet & Weight Loss Secrets
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 04, 2015 10:04PM

Suez he is interviewing his own girlfriend and they give each other googly eyes.

She is HOT. I live here silly, so sexual. My god, she is like the raw Marilyn Monroe, Pamela Anderson.

I love her. Thank You Suez.. What a hottie I want to be her bestie. I wish she would come on here and gossip with us about what raw food is doing.

She was 180 once. Took her 4 months to lose it. Was not raw during pregnancy. 120- 127 now and she is 5 foot 9 and when she gets 130 she gets depressed and she reels it back in.

Now they talking about skinny ness. I love it, I dont think she is anorexic. She is a chef. With that sexy talk. If I was Marcus I would keep her on a tight leash, screw free will she is too sweet.

She does intermittent fasting. Meaning every now and then she fasts. And she was 20 when she weighed what she waeighs now. And she doesnt eat for two days...and she used to be vain and fast to not have weight.

Juliano fasted too. I think they are good people. She is gorgeous. My god. OMG

So her secret is fasting. First two days are toughest but after day 3 you just see muscles if you work off and gives you incentive.

She avoids plastic like the plague, thats so Juliano. NICE RAW CAKES

She is talking about drinking water and its like soft core skinemax.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 10:05PM by suvine.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: June 04, 2015 11:20PM

If her diet is so great, why does she need enemas to get rid of "gas and bloating?"

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: June 05, 2015 12:53AM

I only watched 4 minutes as that's all I could take of the nonsense. Love all the plastic surgery on her face - at 47 why would you need so much plastic surgery? She looks like the Catwoman from New York. I expected someone like Elle Mcpherson or former Miss World Jennifer Hawkins who at 32 looks fantastic and natural.

Has anyone seen her children, and are they real?

Date: June 05, 2015 02:00AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 02:08AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: June 05, 2015 07:31PM

Really don't like Markus's response to the girl in the comments saying her hair fell out after fasting

"That sometimes happens when the body detoxes. It means its dealing with much deeper issues in the body."

I don't know what Markus's qualifications are, but that kind of response to a stranger on the internet is very poor advice. "Something worrying/abnormal happening to your body? It might be detox!" That's SO 2010.

Date: June 05, 2015 10:16PM

SHe fasts for three days every week, and FreeLee eats all she wants plus cooked potatoes and I think Free may be skinnier. It just doesnt make sense right? ( Cara way prettier, in proportion to age- it's about the energy, not the person)

BP ahaha 2010 yeah...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:25PM by suvine.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 05, 2015 11:27PM

Thanks for sharing SueZ. Interesting.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: June 06, 2015 08:40AM

I saw this video yesterday. I like both of them, there is a perfect chemistry between them.

Regarding her health secrets, I would never fast. I'd rather lose weight by eating water-rich fruits and veggies than missing out on my delicious food. But physically I couldn't fast, I'd be too weak. I once fasted for 5 days and I felt so great, but I couldn't do it again (back then I was on raw till 4).

I also like simple meals, with no superfoods, nuts/seeds, spices, dehidrated foods - just fruits and veggies.

But it's great that she found the diet that suits her, she looks great for her age and as a mom of a boy in his 20's.

Yes, I agree, Freelee does look skinnier than Cara, while she is eating all she cares for...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: June 07, 2015 02:10PM

An interesting comment by megan2white has appeared under the video this morning ...

"I don't get how everyone is so over the moon about this... I've been talking with therapists in eating disorder wards for my uni degree and the stories are so strikingly similar with the difference that the clients who are hospitalized crash and can't sustain their "lifestyle choice" of only eating one big salad a day and being constantly moving to keep their body fat down. Of course, this behavior stems from deeper underlying psychological issues and the fixation on diet and looks are a distraction from those underlying issues. This is why it's dangerous to force an end to the eating disorder of most individuals. In my textbooks it said that starving or fasting gives people euphoric feelings because the body releases chemicals preparing the organism for its death and that this can get addictive. Eating disorders are often glorified by the persons who are actually suffering from them, too. We looked at boards such as proana and promia. Can someone please tell me how this kind of dieting behavior described in the video does NOT set people up for failure?! I'm not meaning to blame but rather understand, thank you."

Date: June 07, 2015 04:06PM

Didn't they claim at some point in the video that fasting will make you "clairvoyant?" I believe it was either that or enemas.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 07, 2015 04:36PM

This is more or less the message of the video:

"eat all the coconut you want or X. But if you get fat, fast for three days till you compensate. Use enemas and other tools that remove food to help keep the weigh off"

With that philosophy, you could also be skinny in a twinky diet or a diet from a raw cakes book. They use medieval justifications. If their diet is good to lose weight, why do they have to resource to compensatory means like fasting every day, enemas, etc?

Date: June 07, 2015 05:00PM

HH funny you say that because I can say immediately after reading what you wrote that I have had experiences like that. Hallucinatory high manic episodes of being really high for a long time and when you hear a song, in my case it was like office muzak...would send me into imagination lands...or hearing a song in a grocery store I would have to stop because it was so beautiful. I think it was this song: [www.youtube.com] It froze me and there were tears in my eyes, that is not normal. And I go off and see visions...of my future and where I should travel, etc
When I fast I do feel crazy in a good way. Especially watermelon juice fasting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 05:05PM by suvine.

Date: June 07, 2015 05:15PM

I find this new, and odd, version of Cara's story very disappointing and the video creeps me out more than it inspires. Seems too much like just a collection of the latest successful vegan fads and tricks cobbled together into an infomercial than anything genuine, IMO.

Over eating and then water fasting?!! Come on. If that is not an eating disorder what is? Suddenly her breakfast is now in the afternoon, etc., to set up another infomercial - the intermittent fasting video? Something really wrong is going on with these two, IMO. Hopefully they will straighten up and get real.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 07, 2015 07:08PM

SueZ:
Over eating and then water fasting?!!

Tai:
I watched the whole thing. Two very key points that she said were:
1) she (Cara Brotman) never counts calories
2) she snacks while she fasts (6:00-7:ish in the video). Her snacks include almonds and raw vegan "pepperoni" and cherries, perhaps among other things.

Therefore, what she deems fasting combined with her absence of calorie counting may not be considered true fasting.

I still am the most impressed by Brian Clement who has fasted one day a week for years and years. He actually goes for more like 36 hours on just green juice, not water.

SueZ:
Hopefully they will straighten up and get real.

Tai:
Markus grasps the food is medicine concept quite well, and yet for Cara to not count calories and eat higher fat the whole week while only juicing heavy greens once a week...shows there is room for improvement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 07:20PM by Tai.

Date: June 07, 2015 07:34PM

Tai, as you and I have found, Markus' cactus/aloe smoothie works very well for digestive, nutrient, and weight problems. I was shocked she didn't mention this recipe from her own cookbook instead of weird pseudo-fasting. A couple of those nutrient dense and wholesome smoothies a day would both make much more sense and would at least have been a far more self consistent thing for her to have suggested, IMO.

Another of her key points was when she mentioned knowing when it was time to reel herself in, food wise, when her thighs no longer touched. While Marcus was impressed with this "gauging" I think it is yet another adult attempting to catch young women with eating disorder's attention. I do not think that is ethical or wise. That whole thigh gap thing is bad enough for young women to strive for - for a woman Cara's age it is more than peculiar, IMO.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 07, 2015 08:00PM

This video confirms, as has been understood for awhile, that to do "well" on a high fat raw diet, you need the following:

1) calorie restriction
2) high supplementation

Date: June 07, 2015 08:32PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This video confirms, as has been understood for
> awhile, that to do "well" on a high fat raw diet,
> you need the following:
>
> 1) calorie restriction
> 2) high supplementation

True - but, (unless I'm missing something), only if one's ultimate goal of "doing well" means attaining the mighty goal of developing a "thigh gap" and one doesn't have time to collect ones own weeds for supplements.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 07, 2015 08:51PM

Prana Wrote:
>
> 1) calorie restriction

Define "high fat" and when this has been confirmed and proven.

Date: June 07, 2015 09:34PM

The only thing that video confirms is that they have products to sell. That doesn't mean that anyone actually needs those products.

Prana Wrote:
>
> 1) calorie restriction

Date: June 08, 2015 12:05AM

Prana I agree with you.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: June 08, 2015 02:12AM

SueZ Wrote:
> I find this new, and odd, version of Cara's story
> very disappointing and the video creeps me out
> more than it inspires. Seems too much like just a
> collection of the latest successful vegan fads and
> tricks cobbled together into an infomercial than
> anything genuine, IMO.
>
> Over eating and then water fasting?!! Come on. If
> that is not an eating disorder what is? Suddenly
> her breakfast is now in the afternoon, etc., to
> set up another infomercial - the intermittent
> fasting video? Something really wrong is going on
> with these two, IMO. Hopefully they will
> straighten up and get real.

i find your conclusions interesting. just the other day i was watching a dan liferegenerator video and thought, contrary to what i used to think of him, he looked a bit ill and under nourished. i was on the fence whether i wanted to make a thread about it

here's the video

[youtu.be]

what do you guys think? is it normal for a man in his forties (i think) to have arms that skinny? his hair looks to be receding and the skin on his face doesn't look healthy. i remember gabriel cousens saying that the way most westerners view 'healthy' compared to what was healthy while he was in india was quite different, because he thought the healthy people state side were actually over weight, but im not sure. add twenty years to dan and i see him as a frail old man, not one shining with vibrant health. so what is it, a new paradigm for health or too much fasting?

Date: June 08, 2015 02:40AM

tezcal Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I find this new, and odd, version of Cara's
> story
> > very disappointing and the video creeps me out
> > more than it inspires. Seems too much like just
> a
> > collection of the latest successful vegan fads
> and
> > tricks cobbled together into an infomercial
> than
> > anything genuine, IMO.
> >
> > Over eating and then water fasting?!! Come on.
> If
> > that is not an eating disorder what is?
> Suddenly
> > her breakfast is now in the afternoon, etc., to
> > set up another infomercial - the intermittent
> > fasting video? Something really wrong is going
> on
> > with these two, IMO. Hopefully they will
> > straighten up and get real.
>
>
> i find your conclusions interesting. just the
> other day i was watching a dan liferegenerator
> video and thought, contrary to what i used to
> think of him, he looked a bit ill and under
> nourished. i was on the fence whether i wanted to
> make a thread about it
>
>
> here's the video
>
>
> [youtu.be]
>
>
> what do you guys think? is it normal for a man in
> his forties (i think) to have arms that skinny?
> his hair looks to be receding and the skin on his
> face doesn't look healthy. i remember gabriel
> cousens saying that the way most westerners view
> 'healthy' compared to what was healthy while he
> was in india was quite different, because he
> thought the healthy people state side were
> actually over weight, but im not sure. add twenty
> years to dan and i see him as a frail old man, not
> one shining with vibrant health. so what is it, a
> new paradigm for health or too much fasting?

I've noticed what's been going on with Dan, too. One of the main reasons I went on the Conductivity Diet was because I thought Dan looked vastly better once he was on it. Now he no longer impresses me as healthy looking either. He looks like a lost teenager again, IMO. And what's with this "new mother" he has around to rub his back, too?

I know it's none of my business what people want to look like but I'm not a fan of the gaunt prepubescent raw vegan build I'm seeing a lot of these days in the raw community.

And why are middle aged vegan women wanting "thigh gaps", bleached and dyed hair, Tammy Fay Baker eyelashes, flat butts, and animal tested saline bags sewed into their chests?

Posted by: Raw Curious ()
Date: June 08, 2015 12:46PM

Jennifer Hawkins has had a lot of work done. Compare pictures between now and when she was in her early twenties. She looks totally different. I think that because her lips are naturally thin, they can only plump up so much and it works in her favour. Generally cosmetic surgery detracts from beauty I think, but she looks pretty good considering.

I watched that video of Cara and Markus the other day and was thinking that she doesn't look particularly young for her age...her body looks good, but she still looks like someone in her late forties. It's of interest to me, as I thought an all raw diet would make someone look a lot younger. I do think Fully Raw Kristina looks young for her age, Annette Larkins of course and Rawsome Healthy looks amazing.

I love Jilicious Journey. She looks radiant, but also has a sweet and humble personality that is so refreshing.

I read that someone recently went to Chiang Mai and said that Freelee looked old and leathery. (That makes me question the validity of fat percentages that are very low.) I just think that it is the fake boobs that give the illusion of health. If they were removed, she would look like a boy. Her arms and shoulders look gaunt. It is easier to see if someone is balanced or not without the deception of fake boobs. Someone like Banana Blondie has an amazing body, although may have fake boobs as well.

Dan the Man seems to have a bit of an ego. It's just Youtube dude!!! He used to be sweet. There was an old video of him and the Brah boys and Durianrider (interesting video because Durianrider was the antithesis of his usual demeanour - almost as though he had social anxiety and was feeling really uncomfortable around all of that raucous male energy) and Dan the Man looked amazing. If he wasn't so restrictive around food, I think his natural body shape is really balanced and masculine...a lot of men couldn't achieve that no matter how hard they tried. But I hate to say it, sometimes he looks like a cancer patient.

To be honest, I do tune in to Freelee and Durianrider for all of the drama. I find it fascinating. There is so much hypocrisy - including obtaining a percentage of their income from companies selling meat products. Honestly I don't see how they can criticise Dan the Man over the whey thing when they obtain some of their money from fast food companies. (Oh, and I haven't eaten chicken, fish or meat since I was 16 and I am 43 now...so that is nothing to do with my search history...there was a pizza ad with meat pies in the crust today for example...somebody's going to buy that abomination and it's another ten cents in Freelee's pocket or whatever...other people mention the hypocrisy of the ads...) Another example of hypocrisy is Durianrider having a go at Princess Neet for having botox injections (Passion and Fruit video on why he is banned from the Thai Fruit Festival), when Freelee has fake breasts. I don't get it.

I know I've gotten off topic, but to go back to Cara...she has a great body, but I don't think she looks especially young for her age. When I see raw foodists that don't look young for their ages, it makes me less inclined to go 100% raw, as what's the point of being that extreme if I don't look considerably younger. To me looks are a good indicator of health and internal balance. As it is I am raw about four days a week and high raw on the other days.

I do wonder if Freelee and Durianrider's vitriol would diminish if they ate less cooked food though. There is definitely a sweetness you can get when raw - both in your personality and in your face. I was thinking about how many enemies they have - 40 Below Fruity, Dan the Man, Fully Raw Kristina, Derek, Hannah, Passion and Fruit, Kayla...I know there are more... To me, it makes them look very unbalanced and does a disservice to veganism, although I do appreciate certain things they say, such as being patient and consistent and not being scared to eat.

Also, with Cara, I do intermittent fast two mornings a week. It does feel great to give the body a break from eating, and it does give the body a chance to do other things, such as chomp up bits of cancer as she said or whatever...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 12:57PM by Raw Curious.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: June 08, 2015 09:02PM

Raw Curious Wrote:

> To be honest, I do tune in to Freelee and
> Durianrider for all of the drama. I find it
> fascinating. There is so much hypocrisy -
> including obtaining a percentage of their income
> from companies selling meat products. Honestly I
> don't see how they can criticise Dan the Man over
> the whey thing when they obtain some of their
> money from fast food companies. (Oh, and I haven't
> eaten chicken, fish or meat since I was 16 and I
> am 43 now...so that is nothing to do with my
> search history...there was a pizza ad with meat
> pies in the crust today for example...somebody's
> going to buy that abomination and it's another ten
> cents in Freelee's pocket or whatever...other
> people mention the hypocrisy of the ads...)

Are you saying that people who have adverts on their YouTube videos get to choose the advertisers? I was under the impression that they either use user-targeted keywords or the advertiser chooses the keywords?

Date: June 08, 2015 09:12PM

Tezcal. I agree with you.

First of all, Cara seems like a lovely girl, she does and she is beautiful. I don't want to talk about how she looks and pointing out oh she didnt sound authentic when she said this, or that...maybe she was put on the spot, maybe not everyone has the PC raw vegan thing to say at all moments...but at least she is doing videos with Markus, making him look good, selling products, great for raw...

To judge a person on how they look is a good way to see if the diet is good for you. but not everyone is into makeup, breast implants, dyeing hair so some raw people may not look as hot or make love-able as others. Is beauty a true guide, or is it a business thing, or how does a raw vegan show off and channel that new energy?

For example, I brought in my 19 year old friend to a raw vegan restaurant and this guy was flirting with us and said to her, I can tell you are raw. She is a cooked mexican food eater and I was the one raw. But I am 20 years older so...

Looks are not always a good gauge.

What about personality, she has a great eager to please personality and Markus is head over heels so i think she knows what she is doing.

People that look really really good raw, liek Annette above, I have met, are often recluses, who dont even go to raw food potlucks...so

I knew hot fruitarians single for 9 years. HOT, and another one who couldnt get this one guy to like her and wasted like ten years on him. She was a model. And a true fruitarian very skinny girl, could not get a man for 7 years or so..

Everyone wants to be hot, young forever...but even raw vegans grow old. And die.

And not every sexy raw vegan is sexy all the time, noone is Marilyn Monroe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 09:18PM by suvine.

Date: June 08, 2015 09:19PM

bluespixie Wrote:
> Raw Curious Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > To be honest, I do tune in to Freelee and
> > Durianrider for all of the drama. I find it
> > fascinating. There is so much hypocrisy -
> > including obtaining a percentage of their
> income
> > from companies selling meat products. Honestly
> I
> > don't see how they can criticise Dan the Man
> over
> > the whey thing when they obtain some of their
> > money from fast food companies. (Oh, and I
> haven't
> > eaten chicken, fish or meat since I was 16 and
> I
> > am 43 now...so that is nothing to do with my
> > search history...there was a pizza ad with meat
> > pies in the crust today for
> example...somebody's
> > going to buy that abomination and it's another
> ten
> > cents in Freelee's pocket or whatever...other
> > people mention the hypocrisy of the ads...)
>
> Are you saying that people who have adverts on
> their YouTube videos get to choose the
> advertisers? I was under the impression that they
> either use user-targeted keywords or the
> advertiser chooses the keywords?

It seems to me, (but I do not know the facts), that videos that have titles about food or diet end up with food ads.

Date: June 08, 2015 09:33PM

Also many people spend their brains on other things like business or science...looking good, looking hot is a full time job that takes over 99% of your thoughts everyday.

At the end of my life, I may question how I have spent it.

Having an ass that is make-love-able to guys, well, is that the apex of a womans life? IS IT OUR HIGHEST AIM?

In the end years may go by- PUTTING ON MAKEUP, HAIR LIP JOBS, and you may BE still single, noone to appreciate all those days spent water fasting or on the scale..OR riding that bike until you can't walk.

All that suffering. Starving, Fasting, just to look hot. Just to get screwed by DR in the ass.

Alot of raw vegan girls in bikinis, including me, I learned-

are just MASTERBATION MATERIAL FOR MORONS.

Cara is an ideal woman for a type of man like Markus for many California reasons. Thats the world they live in.

Is that everyone's ideal?

I live in the woods now. I come from South Beach. I STILL wear high heels and dresses everyday. Not a day goes back when I think to myself, was this all really necessary. I may just have some time now where I become a writer or a painter instead of trying to have a screwable tight ass for men to look at. wHY? wHAT FOR?

I want some raw vegan heroines who are geniuses or entrepeneurs. I have said this before. Are all we good for is good looks.

Are people judging us for our looks? Are we in a contest? Meat eater chicks look smoking hot these days too. Is looks all everyone cares about?

Dont you know you can win a man by having money, a good career, they look at that more with respect than someone they can just have an orgasm inside?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 09:43PM by suvine.

Date: June 08, 2015 09:48PM

Stephanie Seymour is the most physically attractive fortysomething woman that I've seen in a long time. She's miles ahead of anything that I've seen in the raw food world. I wonder what she consumes. Probably cheeseburgers and cigarettes.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 09, 2015 01:30AM

Dear Suvine
Hugs for saying this.
Yes, women are a lot more powerful than this.
Life is a lot deaper than this.
((( )))

Everyone, it is up to YOU what you do with your attention, your words, your actions, your decision how to spend your precious time. Tick tock. Every minute of your life is a precious opportunity.
xxx

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables