Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Problems on Fully Raw 80/10/10 Regimen
Posted by: truckacne ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:40AM

Hello all. I have just recently went raw about two weeks ago (17 days to be exact) and I plan on doing it for at least six weeks before making any judgements. My energy levels are sky high but I have been running into problems and I'm looking to resolve them as quickly as possible!

The number one thing that concerns me is my acne. To be completely honest, even though I've known about the health benefits of raw foods for years, I have just recently begun to experiment with a raw diet to mainly combat my horrible cystic acne. It's constantly rampant and I've heard time and time again that raw foods can be the cure. However, it's been over two weeks and my face looks worse than it did before. Now I know detox could be what's happening, but I always hear that detox shouldn't necessarily take weeks. If anything, it's relatively short and I should be seeing a marked decrease in my acne by now. I just hate eating the healthiest way possible and still looking like all I eat is greasy cheeseburgers even though I went vegan over six months ago. I am eating 80/10/10 and I AM NOT CONSUMING TOO MANY FATS. I have made sure of it.

Another problem that worries me is my blood pressure. Somehow, it's high. This does not make sense to me in any way since I have been exercising daily the past two months and have a resting heart rate of 42 which is supposedly a great resting heart rate.

Also, I have taken a pH test a couple times and I am STILL NOT ALKALINE. In fact, I am really acidic still, which confuses me greatly.

Finally, sometimes I do get dizzy when I suddenly stand up after sitting for long periods of time. I have attributed this to not eating enough calories since I am still doing my best to consume the vast quantities of fruit that are necessary for adequate calorie intake, but I increased it today with the help of medjool dates and I still experienced some dizziness earlier today. Maybe it will go away once I eat more food over the long-term?

My diet consists mainly of fruit and minimal greens. I do have nuts and avocado occasionally but I make sure to follow the 80/10/10 ratio. I have exercised religiously the past two months and have been on a skincare routine using apple cider vinegar and an organic moisturizer for over a month now. Unfortunately, there are no signs of my acne getting any less inflamed and more pimples seem to be forming instead of disappearing. I even got a pimple on my lip today which hasn't happened for months. I feel great but these issues are really discouraging. I would greatly appreciate some advice and hopefully some auspicious things that will encourage me to continue on the raw path! Thanks so much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems on Fully Raw 80/10/10 Regimen
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:53AM

I would stop the vinegar treatment and eat more than "minimal" greens if you can. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe try to make sure you eat half an avocado a day.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:02AM

I'm also sorry to hear about your problems. It's only been 2 and a half weeks. You need to give it a lot more time. See where you are in 6 months. Good luck.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:25AM

"but I always hear that detox shouldn't necessarily take weeks. If anything, it's relatively short and I should be seeing a marked decrease in my acne by now."

That's not true, for most people detoxing takes YEARS and will produce many different side effects. Length would depend on one's toxic load, organ functioning, dietary habits, physical activity, engaging in detox methods such as colon hydrotherapy or infrared sauna's, etc. You can try using virgin coconut oil on your face to help out with acne, it's a great moisturizer and has strong anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:34AM

you're right, truckacne, for many it doesn't take that long to clear acne, like 10 days is what a girl said reported recently, but others may take much longer. hang in there. yes you need to take care of the dizziness and other issues that are more important even though it's no fun with the acne continuing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 03:36AM by fresh.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:47AM

Coconut oil I put on my washed face everynight

Date: June 14, 2015 05:09PM

I have not had acne since I went raw in 2003, I just thought about it, I had my whole forehead hidden under bangs! You only been raw 17 days, whats your daily food intake and liquids?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 05:17PM by suvine.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 14, 2015 08:19PM

If you are male, check out Lou Corona on youtube. He explains how he cleared up his horrible acne on the raw diet (heavy greens and colon cleansing, deep breathing, etc.)

If you are female, check out Nina and Randa (Jeff Nelson's daughters), who cleared up their acne by following Dr. McDougall's protocol for acne.

Although dates give you calories, they don't flush your body out the way juicy fruits do. There is a world of difference for your skin if you try to get your calories from sun-ripened juicy summer fruits from the farmers market now versus dates. Are you juicing your greens? Are you getting enough protein and minerals? Try green juicing for your dizziness (eat or juice two bunches of greens per day, and maybe more initially because you sound depleted).

Date: June 14, 2015 09:58PM

When I was eating cooked food, I would get like these mosquito bites that were itchy and as I itched them sores appeared. They grew into sores..

So glad I am raw.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: June 15, 2015 05:18AM

Lime or lemon with cucumber blend works very well against acne.
You can apply the blend on your face before going to bed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables