Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Favorite 'ice cream' toppings and frozen treat recipes!
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: June 19, 2015 10:38PM

Been making lots and lots of (raw) banana ice cream latelyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out Wondering what kind of 'toppings' I can used besides the usual walnuts or almonds? I do occasionally throw a couple unsweetened carob chips on top, but I don't think those are raw (but they are tasty!). Also, any clever ideas for raw ice cream sundaes? Or other frozen treats besides ice cream and popsicles (been doing a lot of frozen because it's been so *bleeping* hot out!).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorite 'ice cream' toppings and frozen treat recipes!
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 20, 2015 12:20AM

What about using fresh blueberries as a topping?

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 20, 2015 12:51AM

Oh, I love ice cream. Yes, fresh blended fruit are the best. Think frozen nanas blended with dates, topped up with blended berries.

One of my favorite winter topping is blended thawed frozen organic apricots from my garden. I collect excess during the season and freeze it for the winter. Delicious.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 12:53PM

Oh, please, don't get me started on that smiling smiley

I no longer make nicecream, but when I did, I loved banana carob nicecream, with chopped walnuts and chopped dates, it was my all time favourite.

Or banana plus other fruits (like raspberries, cherries, blueberries, strawberries) topped with fresh fruits (again raspberries, cherries, blueberries, strawberries).

I also made banana nicecream with chopped dried figs, or chopped dried plums. You can use other chopped dried fruits as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: June 20, 2015 04:51PM

Well, I typically blend the fresh fruits right into the ice creamsmiling smiley Especially fond of peaches, strawberries and mangoes in ice creamspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Dried fruit would probably be a good option though, especially a couple varieties chopped really tiny (almost like sprinkles)! I was also thinking maybe some different types of nuts and seeds than I normally consume, but not sure which types might work? Pumpkin and pine nut maybe? Great ideas though. Keep them coming.

Date: June 20, 2015 04:52PM

I no longer make nicecream,

Why not, if I might ask?

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:59PM

I love raw vegan banana ice cream plain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables