Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Not raw but not totally unraw limbo!
Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: June 22, 2015 11:26PM

So, I started adding a lot more raw food (specifically fruit) to my diet. Felt great.

Then I felt like I couldn't maintain it, so slipped. But cooked junk isn't appealing to me really either. I'm craving cooked veg like sweet potatoes and plain potatoes here and there, beans on toast, plain rice but not much else. I've lost my taste for a lot of junk (which is good) but not craving really good stuff either (I used to love green smoothies, but the thought of them right now makes me heave a bit). Right now it's papayas and clementines, I'm finding other fruit bland.

Earlier I made quite a hefty serving of semi raw cheesecake (almonds, lemon, cacao, raspberries plus cashews) that I was daydreaming about for most of the afternoon, and ate it all grinning smiley

I feel like I'm in a weird space- having the knowledge/desire to be raw but just being a bit lazy about implementing it. I think I need meal ideas to get back into it again- I like simple stuff like guac and salsa in lettuce tacos. I find a lot of raw recipes either overly complicated or simple to the point where I may as well just eat a carrot by itself.

Sorry for my vent. Any meal suggestions or kicks up the backside appreciated smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not raw but not totally unraw limbo!
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 23, 2015 06:20PM

I don't understand this discussion group.

50 people read your post but not one person responds?

- where do you shop?
- are there any farmers markets nearby?
- what fruits do you like?
- have you tried any new fruits that are available nearby?
- do you like smoothies? bananas? try bananas with all different kinds of greens, arugula for example
- lightly steam all kinds of vegetables like squash, zucchini, broc, caulif, etc and make that a meal, with a seasoning of your choice.

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: June 23, 2015 07:36PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand this discussion group.
>
> 50 people read your post but not one person
> responds?

Because 'stopping posting on the board' became a thing cool smiley

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: June 23, 2015 11:44PM

The board's in limbo....

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: June 25, 2015 12:50AM

Go on a retreat and they teach you. Puerto Rico, Califonia, Arizona, you pick it!

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: June 25, 2015 08:46PM

I have found myself in this position too a few times. I personally find watching my favorite youtube raw vegans and re-watching some of the raw food (and SAD) documentaries gives me new inspiration. I meal plan too, which I find very helpful. If you have a live-in partner, you can enlist them to help 'remind' you to stick to the raw diet. My husband is an omni, but he knows how hard I've been trying to stay raw and has no problem reminding me of all the reasons I started when I am tempted to stray and eat cooked food.

Unfortunately, I cannot possibly afford to go to a retreat (no matter how much I would really enjoy that). I am stuck with what I can learn and do at home.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables