Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oil pulling, your opinions?
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:24PM

Does anyone do oil pulling? What is your opinion on it's effectiveness? Besides coconut, what is the best oil (I am allergic to coconuts)? I was thinking cold pressed hemp oil. I recently had a cavity filled and noticed another one I hadn't before this morning. I am just looking for ways to help prevent any new ones forming if at all possible and stumbled across the idea of oil pulling. I also brush with homemade remineralizing toothpaste, use a waterpik and floss, but if I can add anything at all to help my poor teeth, I will!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oil pulling, your opinions?
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 03, 2015 05:26PM

Coconut oil i keep a jar in my bathroom, I brush my teeth with it. Healing.
I agree.

I think if you do over years you can heal cavities. I have healed one from way way back. You cant even see the dirty mark anymore now.

Teeth that have been rotted, can be rehealed. Teeth that are infected, you can get the infection gone in a few days. That doesnt mean root canals or 2 thousand dollar caps.

These days dentists, they all have quotas by the way, those super kid friendly chains, they have quotas they must fill to get bonuses, on root canals, and crowns...on kids.. they cut out decay out of childrens JAWS. They cut the jaw out. Some dentists. They are crazy. AND THEY PAINT FLUORIDE PAINT coating on CHILDREN"S TEETH ! Deadly neurotoxin waste from CHINA!!

They will do time one day for that I hope.

These days everyone thinks the dentist will heal their teeth, when they are the ones who destroy them. They are not into teeth healing. They love doing root canals on kids and its 30 grand to get your teeth fixed if you are adult these days. Almost everyone has movie star teeth.

BUT IN FIVE YEARS....all those dead rotten teeth will rot in your skull

Wasnt it 100% of cancer patients have had root canals? What study was that?

Next time some hot guy with perfect teeth tries to talk to you, you know there are SCREWS IN HIS MOUTH.

These criminal dentists put ads in local newspapers telling you dont forget- your paint coating of fluoride on your childs teeth...and everyone thinks its ok because it is in the paper.
!
They put kids on two weeks of heavy duty ANTIBIOTICS. WHat sick o's!

Yeah, lets give people metal mercury teeth

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 05:38PM by suvine.

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: July 03, 2015 07:35PM

I can't disagree with anything you say. When I was a kid, I went to the dentist 2X a year (they sent out appointment reminder cards and my mom never questioned it). I was made to rinse with that awful fluoride stuff. I STILL remember wanting to refuse it and them forcing me to swish with it for some ungodly amount of time and how disgusting it was. I want to hurl just thinking about it. Thankfully, I never have had a root canal, never had my wisdom teeth out (never actually had them grow in), never had braces... Just a couple cavities (maybe 4 or 5) and all done with white fillings. I just saw a dentist a few weeks ago to have a cavity filled and he wanted to "consult" me for all other manners of issues I don't feel need to be addressed (I don't need or want my teeth bleached, whitened, straightened or touched with fluorinated tooth cleaners ever again!). It cost $400 for an X-ray and a white filling, so I can't even imagine how much else they wanted to sucker me into paying for harmful and unnecessary procedures!

I have, for the past 3 days, been doing the oil pulling for 20 minutes in the morning with hemp oil, which I will continue. I make my own toothpaste with bentonite clay, clove bud oil, mint oil, mineral drops, salt and hemp oil. I use a waterpik 4 or 5x a week and floss every night.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 03, 2015 08:22PM

I am not learned on oil pulling. Coconut oil has lauric acid which is antimicrobial. On the other side, it is acidic, which may leach/soften minerals out of the teeth.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 06, 2015 01:33PM

I really like oil-pulling, I've done it for years. I used to get sensitive teeth and it stopped that. It's supposed to make your teeth whiter but I haven't noticed any dramatically whitening effects, but it's probably hard to know as it would be such a gradual thing. I think its main affect is to keep the gums healthy, which is so important.

I would guess that hemp oil would be an excellent oil to choose. I use sesame oil. To prevent caries I would always include a lot of green juice daily, and munch on fibrous veg like celery. Also check out the books 'good teeth birth to death' by Gerald Judd, and 'Money by the mouthful', both great books with some profound information.

Also remember the simple things like rinsing your mouth with water after eating, and not brushing your teeth until around an hour after eating. Good luck!

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 01:34PM by lisa m.

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: July 06, 2015 02:40PM

I've been doing it for about 4 years ( ever since I gone raw) with coconut oil. My teeth has always been very poor since early childhood. I'm definitely getting less cavities. I have a lot of fillings, and about 5 root canals. Since oil pulling is detoxing, I believe it helps to keep my dental situation stable. I also add 1 drop of clove or oregano essential oils, those really help to kill bacteria.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 06, 2015 04:16PM

Kiwibird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone do oil pulling? What is your opinion
> on it's effectiveness? Besides coconut, what is
> the best oil (I am allergic to coconuts)? I was
> thinking cold pressed hemp oil. I recently had a
> cavity filled and noticed another one I hadn't
> before this morning. I am just looking for ways to
> help prevent any new ones forming if at all
> possible and stumbled across the idea of oil
> pulling. I also brush with homemade remineralizing
> toothpaste, use a waterpik and floss, but if I can
> add anything at all to help my poor teeth, I will!

I have been doing it every day for over a week. I had a horrible gum situation flare up. It seems to have made a difference for sure. You can use unrefined sesame oil! Oil pulling is Ayurvedic, after all and that's what they recommend. I was lucky to have both unrefined sesame oil and coconut oil on hand. By the way, I like the Eden company for my sesame oils (including their toasted sesame).

My root canal fell out a couple of months ago. I am so relieved and have no plans of getting it replaced. Interestingly, I have another huge cavity on the bottom right where the filling came out and the dentist wanted to do a root canal for it. NO WAY! Root canals don't do SHT! They do NOT prevent future infection! I should know-my root canal area would get infected from time to time. And they cut your nerve, which provides BLOOD to your tooth! Your teeth are LIVING THINGS! It's dangerous to have a nerve cut and therefore not be warned as to infection! I wish I had never gotten my teeth drilled in the first place. Getting them drilled did not solve a damn thing.

Another great experiment I have been doing is combining raw salt (Whole Foods and Trader Joe's have Celtic-type salt from France that is sun-dried and cheap) with fresh aloe leaf gel(I buy a huge "leaf" by the pound at Whole Food's and it was just over $1). I mix them in a small glass bowl and dip in my brush. I found it very soothing to my gums and also very cleansing for my teeth. I had never done it before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 04:20PM by banana who.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables