Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food theories, different schools of thinking
Posted by: Merel ()
Date: June 30, 2015 11:34PM

Hello, I am new here and very happy to have found this forum! I live in Germany and I was wondering if somebody can help me out, since I am looking for a complete list of raw eating theories. I mean, the different schools of thinking like 80/80/10, the raw until 4, the David Wolfe pyramid food combining, Victoria Boutenko Approach, and so on. Does anyone know of a good overview of all of the different ways of applying raw food? I would be really thankful for that!
I am a raw foody since about 4 years and I do not follow a strict theory myself, but I am very interested in the subject and I cannot find any good articles on it.
By the way, even though I do not follow anybody's rules, just use my body feeling to find out what feels good and what does not, I do feel 10 years younger and happier than I used to :-))
Thanks for this lovely big community/family!
Lots of love!
Merel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food theories, different schools of thinking
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 03, 2015 03:53PM

Well, we are all here to explore new areas. People have done it before, adding their own slant and twist.

Raw food
what is it? Many people argue about it.
My advice is if you are a normal person, not too extreme...just realize that with time comes many trends. You can try them all and pick one that is good for you.

I started raw when David Wolfe was coming out. I did his diet for the first time and I loved it. When he introduced cacao, I strayed a little bit. ( I left his diet to try other raw diets, NOT COOKED FOOD- have to be clear..) He changed. It made him and me a little too sensual for me. There are little areas, like raw cacao you can really get caught up in. Be careful. I have been addicted for many many years. I love it. I eat it almost every day, with some dates or in a smoothie. Just be aware, is this the raw I want...

Fruit diets unless you live in tropics might give you real needs for binges, you will be so hungry...oranges and apples and yellow bananas take you so far..so just plan accordingly and if you do, maybe summer would be the best time to try fruitarian diets.

Maybe you find somewhere in the middle -closest to your current diet. FInd recipes to replace your staples and mandatory drinks and juices you need every day. Banana smothies easy, but if you drink in colder temperatures, the banana smoothie affects you differently. TRUE WISE INDEED to know this. Learn for yourself.

Its best to be tropical.

I have zero problems on raw diet in tropics. I think everyone would do fine it one. But if you live in cold snow...gross produce shopping...we all have to adjust it tweak it to be tasty..shipping in from Miami, is not viable all the time and all the fruit comes hard.

I am so excited for you. This is the new day of your life in heaven, the garden of eden. No lie.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 04:00PM by suvine.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables