Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Marcus Rothkranz & James Sloane Discuss Stress and What To Do About It
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 09, 2015 12:15AM

Ready your pen and paper for this one!

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marcus Rothkranz & James Sloane Discuss Stress and What To Do About It
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 09, 2015 01:55AM

Many raw fooders think that stress comes from external causes, which can be true. But in low protein diets or what not, it most likely comes from an imbalance or deficiency of neurotransmiters or aminoacids.

For example glycine:

[www.wisegeekhealth.com]

Neurotransmitters are responsible for sending and receiving messages within the brain. Amino acids are directly involved in this process, helping to facilitate the communication with nerve cells located in other parts of the body. Since this amino acid helps the body to produce essential neurotransmitters, it has been used to relieve mood disorders such as depression.

Some amino acids also pass through the brain's barrier, directly affecting its chemistry and processes. Certain ones, including l-glycine, are thought to help reduce stress, anxiety, frustration, and feelings of being overwhelmed. One of the benefits is improved cognitive flow, which allows the brain to smoothly transform thought into action.

L-glycine has also been used to treat hyperactivity and manic depression, and to prevent epileptic seizures. In addition to its soothing effect on the brain, exposure to this amino acid helps to calm the body's central nervous system. Supplements may be used to treat hyperactive disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in conjunction with traditional medicine.

Protein is essential to the body's muscle building and repair process, and protein-building amino acids can enhance the effects of vitamins and minerals. L-glycine is among the amino acids that provide the human body with the chemicals necessary to synthesize proteins, enzymes and hormones. These acids also directly affect the metabolic rate that is attained when an individual participates in strenuous physical activity.

For the majority of individuals, l-glycine is produced naturally in the body. Those with a low level of serine, another non-essential amino acid, may find that they need to increase their dietary intake of it through high-protein foods or supplements. Natural food sources include proteins like meat, fish, dairy products, and eggs, as well as a few plants and vegetables. Supplements are a good alternative for those who follow a vegetarian diet.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: July 09, 2015 02:57PM

At the very least this video is a really good reminder of the toll that overt stress can take on one's health.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 09, 2015 06:57PM

This is the first I've heard of the differences between US and Chinese licorice root or how certain forms of vitamin C, when administered by IV, have time to change into harmful oxalic acid.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 09, 2015 07:44PM

Markus looks like an angel.

RELAXXXXX

ALPHA

STATE

COUNT BACKWARDS FROM TEN TO ONE AND THEN SAY " ALPHA!" and you will be in alpha, totally relaxed.

Adrenal glands produce anti stress hormones...thats what guy says. Its a very interesting discussion. I think these guys are very smart. It all sounds very good. I enjoy his videos.

THANKS SUez

Posted by: HH ()
Date: July 09, 2015 08:54PM

Thanks. I love anti-stress techniques.

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Markus looks like an angel.
>
> RELAXXXXX
>
>
> ALPHA
>
>
> STATE
>
> COUNT BACKWARDS FROM TEN TO ONE AND THEN SAY "
> ALPHA!" and you will be in alpha, totally
> relaxed.
>
> Adrenal glands produce anti stress
> hormones...thats what guy says. Its a very
> interesting discussion. I think these guys are
> very smart. It all sounds very good. I enjoy his
> videos.
>
> THANKS SUez

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:13AM

Yes, Panchito, I do believe that stress and nutrition is a two-way path.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables