Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Science, religion, and facebook
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:18AM

What does science, religion, and facebook got to do with the raw foods? Everything!
Science, religion, and facebook

What do you think?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Science, religion, and facebook
Posted by: Lois ()
Date: July 11, 2015 12:54PM

Gosia said:

"As example of a topic, consider same-sex marriage. Recently on facebook, I have expressed my joy at the news of the historical US Supreme Court decision that “the Constitution’s guarantees of due process and equal protection under the law mean that states cannot ban same-sex marriages” (ref).

Then you must be overjoyed with this new proposed 'standard' -

Democrats Introduce Bill to Ban ‘Husband’ and ‘Wife’ As ‘Anti-Gay’ Words

[www.dcclothesline.com]

You said:

"The irony is that I see their view as such that condones hatred and discrimination,

I thought, there has been such a long and hurtful discrimination of some people who were denied the rights everyone else has been enjoying.

The issue is when people try to impose their discriminatory views on others, as if they owned the planet."

I presume you're referring to the Conservatives.

And before I get attacked and branded as "a hater", my opinion -

Get the government out of the bedroom and out of marriage.

I don't care what anybody does in private; I'm old fashioned in that I don't believe in promiscious sex and I have this crazy belief that it's not 'Natural' for people to have sex in each other's rearends. It could even be downright Unhealthy, but we're not concerned with health on this board. Only with - if it feels good, do it -

"Hey, meet ya'll later at the gay bathhouse where a guy can sodomize a hundred other guys a night."

[www.youtube.com]

And don't bother addressing me because I won't be available as red meat for the character assassins.

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:05PM

Gosia said:

"If we did to humans what we do to animals, this would not be OK, so why is it OK to do it to animals?"

I presume you're referring to killing babies in their mommies' bellies - commonly know as 'abortion' - the genocide of the unborn - which is condoned by a majority of vegans, I would presume.

Gosia said:

(so someone being vulnerable gives us the right to hurt them?)

I eagerly await your article on "Abortion".

Posted by: rawdeal ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:12PM

Lois, don't make a smoothie today. Make a juice. In fact drink a lot of juice without fiber
(and if you still feel the need to rant, I can recommend a good psychiatrist)

Lois Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gosia said:
>
> "As example of a topic, consider same-sex
> marriage. Recently on facebook, I have expressed
> my joy at the news of the historical US Supreme
> Court decision that “the Constitution’s
> guarantees of due process and equal protection
> under the law mean that states cannot ban same-sex
> marriages” (ref).
>
> Then you must be overjoyed with this new proposed
> 'standard' -
>
> Democrats Introduce Bill to Ban ‘Husband’ and
> ‘Wife’ As ‘Anti-Gay’ Words
>
> [www.dcclothesline.com]-
> introduce-bill-to-ban-husband-and-wife-as-anti-gay
> -words/
>
> ********
>
> You said:
>
> "The irony is that I see their view as such that
> condones hatred and discrimination,
>
> I thought, there has been such a long and hurtful
> discrimination of some people who were denied the
> rights everyone else has been enjoying.
>
> The issue is when people try to impose their
> discriminatory views on others, as if they owned
> the planet."
>
> I presume you're referring to the Conservatives.
>
>
> ******
>
> And before I get attacked and branded as "a
> hater", my opinion -
>
> Get the government out of the bedroom and out of
> marriage.
>
> I don't care what anybody does in private; I'm old
> fashioned in that I don't believe in promiscious
> sex and I have this crazy belief that it's not
> 'Natural' for people to have sex in each other's
> rearends. It could even be downright Unhealthy,
> but we're not concerned with health on this board.
> Only with - if it feels good, do it -
>
> "Hey, meet ya'll later at the gay bathhouse where
> a guy can sodomize a hundred other guys a night."
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> And don't bother addressing me because I won't be
> available as red meat for the character assassins.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 11, 2015 03:19PM

rawgosia Wrote:
> What does science, religion, and facebook got to
> do with the raw foods? Everything!
> Science, religion, and facebook
>
> What do you think?

I disagree. I don't think science, religion, and facebook have anything to do with raw foods at all.

I think science, religion, and facebook have tons of things in common with the also politically (etc.) oriented veganism though which is why, IMO, those who have an agenda to tether the raw food to their other personal beliefs, which include science, religion, and facebook, are doing a HUGE amount of damage to the raw food movement and are dooming it to fail if such nonsense continues. It's not only divisive among people who do not believe it is right to kill animals to eat (and don't do that) in it's wake is the backlash of turning off the general meat eating population to even agreeing on that one point raw foodists can agree on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2015 03:22PM by SueZ.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 11, 2015 03:27PM

Gosia wrote:

<<<As example of a topic, consider same-sex marriage. ... I thought, there has been such a long and hurtful discrimination of some people who were denied the rights everyone else has been enjoying.>>>

Lois wrote:

<<<Get the government out of the bedroom and out of marriage.>>>

Most people are so IGNORANT that they have no idea that ALL LICENSES issued by Governments TAKE AWAY our RIGHTS and replace them with Privileges, which can then be Revoked!!!

In other words, this is NOT a victory for the gays and once again, most people are too IGNORANT of the "LAW" to even understand what's going on.

[www.henrymakow.com]
Marriage License is a Trap
May 17, 2012

We innocently forfeit our legal and parental rights when we purchase a marriage license.

This is how we have all become enslaved once again, by these dangerous and unrevealed adhesion contracts, many of which, like the marriage contract, are always in force to some degree.

Others include: Social Security, Drivers Licenses, Building Permits, Property Taxes, and SO many more. ALL of these items are adhesion contracts that have far reaching implications, without you knowing it.

None of them are mandatory!!!!!
[www.henrymakow.com]

Watch this MUST SEE 4:35 Minute Video...

[www.gemstoneuniversity.org.]

And then, read this article, which is directly below the video...

[www.gemstoneuniversity.org]
An Overview of the System of Bondage and Separation from Life

Here is the first paragraph to pique your interest...

This presentation will cover a brief overview of the history and legal structure of how we have become the indentured debt slaves of the world system. The word indenture means to attach something of value to a contract whereby the attached value becomes the bonded surety (guarantor) for the performance of the contract. We have all heard of the term “indentured servant.” This refers to a man who voluntarily attaches his life (the value) to a contract to serve for a period of time in return for some value. An example is when a man wished to come to America in the 17-1800s and would agree to be an indentured servant to pay off his passage to the new world because he did not have money to pay for the passage. So, instead, he exchanged the value of his future labor for the value of the passage on a ship. The contract of this agreement is the same as a trust. The man is the grantor and he places his future labor into trust. This creates an indenture. A grantor trust is essentially an indenture that bonds the value of the initial grant into the trust body (corpus), and now the legal title and control of the trust is vested in the trustee and the equitable value (equity) is vested in the beneficiary. This creates a split title, which is important to understand because ultimately we must collapse the “grantor” trust created by our mother that split the title and attached us as indentured servant against our future labor to maintain the public persona, the all capital letter name United States person, with the bankrupt UNITED STATES holding legal title and we having a limited beneficial use (usufruct1) until we repay the debt (which never happens, hence indentured from cradle to grave).

Peace and Love.......John

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:30PM

JR,

ok. now if a couple is together, unmarried and have children and there is an issue that cps feels they need to get involved in, what would cps do? would they say, ok, you're not married, bye bye, have a nice day?

Posted by: rawdeal ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:42PM

Very colorful indeed, John. Too much neat celery juice today??

Speaking of Adhesion contracts, that is why I am thinking of giving away my vitamix and my omega juicer as I do not wish to adhere to them. I have teeth don't I ? I should use my teeth to chew the food as long as I can. And no, I do not wish to see any dentist when my teeth get too old....that is adhesion too...

As I adhere to my computer and write, I know will be sending this message through an internet connection, for which I have a contract that I am adhering to. Maybe I should use smoke signals instead

Adhesion adhesion adhesion.... everywhere I see adhesopm..what to do?

Wait, I can be a "nanga baba" (look it up).

Again,. don't forget your daily lingam or yoni massages

John Rose Wrote:
> Gosia wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> Lois wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> Most people are so IGNORANT that they have no idea
> that ALL LICENSES issued by Governments TAKE AWAY
> our RIGHTS and replace them with Privileges, which
> can then be Revoked!!!
>
> In other words, this is NOT a victory for the gays
> and once again, most people are too IGNORANT of
> the "LAW" to even understand what's going on.
>
> [www.henrymakow.com]
> ng_mar.html
> Marriage License is a Trap
> May 17, 2012
>
> We innocently forfeit our legal and parental
> rights when we purchase a marriage license.
>
> ...
>
> This is how we have all become enslaved once
> again, by these dangerous and unrevealed adhesion
> contracts, many of which, like the marriage
> contract, are always in force to some degree.
>
> Others include: Social Security, Drivers Licenses,
> Building Permits, Property Taxes, and SO many
> more. ALL of these items are adhesion contracts
> that have far reaching implications, without you
> knowing it.
>
> None of them are mandatory!!!!!
> [www.henrymakow.com]
> ng_mar.html
>
> Watch this MUST SEE 4:35 Minute Video...
>
> [www.gemstoneuniversity.org.]
>
> And then, read this article, which is directly
> below the video...
>
> [www.gemstoneuniversity.org]
> =com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=723
> An Overview of the System of Bondage and
> Separation from Life
>
> Here is the first paragraph to pique your
> interest...
>
> This presentation will cover a brief overview of
> the history and legal structure of how we have
> become the indentured debt slaves of the world
> system. The word indenture means to attach
> something of value to a contract whereby the
> attached value becomes the bonded surety
> (guarantor) for the performance of the contract.
> We have all heard of the term “indentured
> servant.” This refers to a man who voluntarily
> attaches his life (the value) to a contract to
> serve for a period of time in return for some
> value. An example is when a man wished to come to
> America in the 17-1800s and would agree to be an
> indentured servant to pay off his passage to the
> new world because he did not have money to pay for
> the passage. So, instead, he exchanged the value
> of his future labor for the value of the passage
> on a ship. The contract of this agreement is the
> same as a trust. The man is the grantor and he
> places his future labor into trust. This creates
> an indenture. A grantor trust is essentially an
> indenture that bonds the value of the initial
> grant into the trust body (corpus), and now the
> legal title and control of the trust is vested in
> the trustee and the equitable value (equity) is
> vested in the beneficiary. This creates a split
> title, which is important to understand because
> ultimately we must collapse the “grantor”
> trust created by our mother that split the title
> and attached us as indentured servant against our
> future labor to maintain the public persona, the
> all capital letter name United States person, with
> the bankrupt UNITED STATES holding legal title and
> we having a limited beneficial use (usufruct1)
> until we repay the debt (which never happens,
> hence indentured from cradle to grave).
>
> ...
>
> Peace and Love.......John

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: July 11, 2015 05:08PM

Lois:
I have this crazy belief that it's not 'Natural' for people to have sex in each other's rearends. It could even be downright Unhealthy, but we're not concerned with health on this board. Only with - if it feels good, do it -

Tai:
My colon hydrotherapy teachers, who have been in business over 30 years, did teach the students the health problems that stem from that. It's what they witnessed over decades (incontinence). And it's not just men...it happens to women, too. I had a really sad case of a woman who was incontinent in the rear from that practice. She was young, had to wear a diaper and had zero control and also had a persistent anal infection.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 11, 2015 07:51PM

fresh wrote:

<<<ok. now if a couple is together, unmarried and have children and there is an issue that cps feels they need to get involved in, what would cps do? would they say, ok, you're not married, bye bye, have a nice day?>>>

That's right fresh, as long as you don't have a marriage license, you can do whatever you want to your kids. winking smiley

Here is an interesting article I read a couple of weeks ago.

[www.offthegridnews.com]

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 12, 2015 12:36AM

i would think they would say you were the guardians and treat you the same?

Date: July 12, 2015 01:41AM

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. When I said, "What do you think?", this was a short for "What are your thoughts generated after reading this article?". Some interesting points have been made here so far.

Louis,
I am not interested in character assassination at the slightest. To clarify some of your comments,
<<Then you must be overjoyed with this new proposed 'standard' - >>
I am not.
<<I presume you're referring to the Conservatives. >>
I was not.
<<I eagerly await your article on "Abortion".>>
I am not planning to write one. This is an interesting topic though and I do have a comment on this: Abortion is illegal in some places in the world (ref). Killing animals is not.

SueZ,
you said:
<<I think science, religion, and facebook have tons of things in common with the also politically (etc.) oriented veganism though which is why, IMO, those who have an agenda to tether the raw food to their other personal beliefs, which include science, religion, and facebook, are doing a HUGE amount of damage to the raw food movement and are dooming it to fail if such nonsense continues. It's not only divisive among people who do not believe it is right to kill animals to eat (and don't do that) in it's wake is the backlash of turning off the general meat eating population to even agreeing on that one point raw foodists can agree on.>>
It is inevitable that raw foodists will continue to discuss science for the sake of evidence-based knowledge, they will continue to see the raw foodism via the lenses of their religion (when they have one) that is a core part of their identity, and the activities and popularity of facebook does not seem to be decreasing either. So these three things will not leave the raw food movement any time soon. Also, it seems to me that for similar reasons, them being science, religion or facebook, many meat eaters may turn to raw foodism, I think we have observed this. It seems to me that because people think differently, different platforms may appeal to them. Your thoughts?

John Rose,
yes, there are arguments against the institution of marriage, and they come from all genders. Here, the issue of equality is whether different people have the same rights to access it. Same-sex couples that WISH to be married, feel that they should have the right to be married in the same way as the heterosexual couples do. So the US court decision is a victory in the sense of giving such people the RIGHT to do so, just as to anybody else. So, if we agree or disagree with something (institution of marriage in this instance), this is not a sufficient reason to give only some people access to it, on the basis of their gender, is it?

Everyone,
on the topic of raw food movement, do you think that the movement will die out any time soon? Or will it transform?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:23AM

rawgosia Wrote:

It seems
> to me that because people think differently,
> different platforms may appeal to them. Your
> thoughts?

I think you totally missed my point.

Date: July 12, 2015 03:58AM

I thought I could have. Perhaps you could elaborate a little?

<<those who have an agenda to tether the raw food to their other personal beliefs, which include science, religion, and facebook, are doing a HUGE amount of damage to the raw food movement and are dooming it to fail if such nonsense continues>>

My thoughts are, everyone who is part of the raw movement, has some aims, and people are likely to tether anything to their own beliefs. So how are we to escape this? If however, by agenda you mean those who have monetary gains in it, and will try to shape the movement in the way that suits their gains, then I see your point.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 03:59AM by rawgosia.

Date: July 12, 2015 10:11PM

I think that there are two parts of the equation that play role here. There are those with agendas, and there are the enablers without whom the agenda would not have spread. So although the level to which one can affect those with agendas may be limited (eg a psychopathic narcissist cannot be changed), a lot can be done to influence the behaviour of the crowds. Raising awareness, for example.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: July 13, 2015 12:13AM

To Gosia,

I love your painting of the heart and rainbow on your website. Very nice colors and design.

I have wanted to know how you eat your passion fruit. I have a vine growing with a ton of passion fruit and I am perplexed how to deal with the seeds. So far, I have sucked the fruit and then spit out the seeds. But I noticed that you mix it into your ice cream. So what do you do with all those seeds, especially since last year, you posted a whole box of fruit that you ate.

Rawgosia wrote:
Do we humans lie to ourselves using different forms of religion, different beliefs, to maintain our selfish, shallow existence, to meet our selfish needs, without compassion, without Love? What is wrong with us?

Tai:
Hhhmmm...I tend to think that the vegan movement sprang from religion to begin with. One day I will sort out all the dates, but practices like Pure Land buddhism, Zen (Chan) buddhism (example is the Shaolin monks that use vegetarian/vegan sutras), and jainism have taught veganism/vegetarianism for hundreds and hundreds of years. There are a fair # of Jews and Christians that rest on Genesis 1:29 as the ideal and original prescribed diet. And then the modern essenes have their own scriptures that prescribe a vegetarian diet.

The tibetan buddhist Shabkar was so religious about his vegetarianism (resting on the sutras of compassion) that he physically hurt himself (malnourishment) at a time in Tibet when food was hard to come by. www.shabkar.org

All orthodox religions teach compassion, forgiveness and loving kindness. When a parent disciplines a child and provides rules of safety, it is out of true love. When a parent spoils a child rotten and lets them do whatever they want, many view that as not an act of love. Therefore, love and compassion are viewed differently based on perspective...the child that wants no rules may view the rules as lacking compassion, whereas the parent just wants the child to be safe.

Date: July 13, 2015 12:26PM

Tai,

The way I eat passion fruit is, I cut it in half with a knife and spoon it out straight into my mouth. I eat whole flesh including seeds, like I eat strawberries or watermelon. I do not chew the seeds. I discovered that my favourite desert made of freshly picked berries from my garden in summer mixed with banana ice cream, becomes a total heaven when topped up with passion fruit. Total fruity love. Lucky you to grow this amazing fruit.

Thank you for sharing your insights.

I do think that veganism is a system of beliefs, which some may describe as religion. What I have been struggling to accept is why there is much violence associated with different religions, which are supposed to be based on love and compassion? It seems a contradiction. Perhaps the initial intentions were loving, but something happened during the process of application of those? I guess the contradictions have been the hardest part for me to tackle mentally, but I came to understanding that the world is complex, and not built of only things that are either good or bad.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: July 15, 2015 12:56AM

When a parent disciplines a child and provides rules of safety, it is out of true love. When a parent spoils a child rotten and lets them do whatever they want, many view that as not an act of love. Therefore, love and compassion are viewed differently based on perspective...the child that wants no rules may view the rules as lacking compassion, whereas the parent just wants the child to be safe.

I enjoyed reading this part very much, thanks Tai smiling smiley I have been hardly reading or posting on this forum recently because I have been finding it almost impossible to relate to most posters' behavior and the conversations that go on here, so it was nice to read something like that on this forum smiling smiley

What I have been struggling to accept is why there is much violence associated with different religions, which are supposed to be based on love and compassion? It seems a contradiction. Perhaps the initial intentions were loving, but something happened during the process of application of those? I guess the contradictions have been the hardest part for me to tackle mentally, but I came to understanding that the world is complex, and not built of only things that are either good or bad.

To me it's very easy to understand, it is because the religions' followers are just ordinary humans, so of course they will act like ordinary humans and have all of the flaws and undesirable traits that come with that territory. Once upon a time the heads of religions were extremely good people who had cultivated away most of their negative tendencies, and the followers of the religions also made the religion the central focus of their life and dedicated themselves wholeheartedly to following higher principles than those in this ordinary world. This would have been a period during which the religion produced many truly outstanding people and most disciples truly did live their lives by the principles of "compassion, forgiveness and loving-kindness" as Tai said.

Over time, however, people started to become more interested in worldly things and placed less and less emphasis on following the higher path spelled out in their religion, so the purity of the disciples dropped and they became more and more like ordinary people. Now we are at the situation we have today where people profess to be followers of religions yet follow virtually none of the tenants of their religions (if they follow any at all), so how can they not be like ordinary people??? People may go to church on Sunday (just to use Christianity as an example), and even that's rare for most Christians nowadays from what I've seen, but Monday-Saturday they are out in the world competing for profit, reputation, and power just like anyone else. Now even the heads of religions are corrupted by the things of this world and use their positions to accrue wealth and power for themselves, pursuing fame and fortune instead of the well-being of their faith's adherents. These people will have a nasty surprise waiting for them imo.

So yes, we are in a situation where not even religious followers hold themselves to high standards and people now think it is outdated, idealistic and foolish to follow the precepts laid down by the various religions in the past, such as "love your neighbor as yourself" and to put others' interests before ones own. We seem to be in a very sorry state with mankind's morality on a rapid downward slide, but the good news is that whenever something reaches an extreme it is bound to turn around, and in fact I think the future is looking very bright indeed. smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley It's the interim that's going to be rough imo.

Date: July 15, 2015 11:18PM

Yes, Living Food, it is easy for me to understand now too, but it wasn't at first when as a child I noticed people saying one thing and doing another. I was born with a mind that likes to see things in an order that makes sense, and so categorizing what I observed since childhood took some time.

Thank you for sharing your interesting comments on the human history and in particular your positive feelings about the future. I do hope so too. Very much. smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 16, 2015 09:42PM

I love your blog. It is so nice and you have diagram on who agrees with you, ahhaha. Its hard being right!

I love the watermelon background. And I saved to my computer your inspirational photo it is true!!

Date: July 18, 2015 10:17AM

In relation to the diagram, I appreciate your sense of humour. I was hoping someone would get a joke! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables