Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vegan cures for hayfever, and 'keeping the black fast' smiling smiley
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:36PM

I was searching for hayfever remedies for my brother and I came across this forum thread:

[www.veganforum.com]

Aside from all the good hay fever advice, it's well worth reading through the posts from 'Realfood Mary', she shares some charming stories about her granny and how she went vegan, but didn't even know it - she called it 'keeping the black fast'! Honestly I was in tears at some parts, truly touching <3

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 04:37PM by lisa m.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegan cures for hayfever, and 'keeping the black fast' smiling smiley
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 21, 2015 06:26AM

I am enjoying this site thank you. I just want to say that I dont know what hay fever is. I dont think I have ever had it, definitely not on raw.

Nettles sounds good I have tons in my backyard like weeds.

Is this MARY?

This may sound daft, but find out what edible flowers you have growing near you. A lot of the holistic people say honey is good for allergies - well, obviously vegans won't be touching honey! The only reason it helps control hay fever is because of the pollen. If you ingest pollen then your body creates anti bodies which help reduce symptoms. So eat some local flowers, marigold, daisies, hawthorn, clover, whatever else is growing locally. This really does help.

For the record mass marketed honey comes from all over the world so it won't help your local allergies anyway. Just another advertising gimmick. The best cures are free.

But nettle tea should work. My granny used to make dead head nettle tea for my brother when his allergies kicked off his asthma. And it worked. Possibly better for coming from her back yard, but nettle tea in general is great.

If you can't stand eating flowers, then shake them in water and some of the pollen will get into the water and help if you drink it down. But personally I like all the above mentioned flowers finely shredded and scattered through a salad, which you eat as usual.

I used to get the most appalling hay fever by the way. This stuff (and echinancea) really work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 06:27AM by suvine.

Re: Vegan cures for hayfever, and 'keeping the black fast' smiling smiley
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 21, 2015 09:27AM

Yes that's Mary Suvine! If you scroll down she posts quite often in that thread, sharing little stories about her granny, I loved it!

Yes hay fever is pretty common in this country, I haven't had it either since going raw. My brother suffers really bad from it though.

Nettles are COOL!!! So nutritious and easily available. It's good to pick them at the right time though, spring is best, choose the baby ones. I like to harvest lots then dehydrate them to store. The seeds are also good, supposed to be superfoods with properties similar to maca smiling smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables