Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I have fasted lost weight and I want to keep it off
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 19, 2015 06:32PM

I have a problem. I fasted for 7 days. I look great. I want to stay this way. But I do not want to continue fasting.

Have you all felt like that. Like I like it here at this weight. I like the way I look. But I dont want to fast anymore.

Is there a LIKE FASTING raw diet plan that could sustain me forever?

Breakfast - one juice
Lunch - green smoothie
dinner- small salad...
snack- dehydrated snack or raw cracker or bread, nori pate dried snack

is what I was thinking.

Because usually I eat all day long whatever I want giant salads smoothies of bananas and it makes me a pig.

I have been on this journey so long that I have tried everything else but calorie restriction. Now I want to give it a try.

As for exercise I been doing one online workout video a day, usually dance... My body looks amazing. You guys have to see it. There is nothing that feels better to me than looking like this. I feel free.

Its always that last ten pounds isnt it? I was doing liquid fast.

I feel so good when food isnt really big in my life and more activity, more sun.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 06:40PM by suvine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have fasted lost weight and I want to keep it off
Date: July 20, 2015 03:28AM

The day is over and I did well. I was hungry, but I am never hungry so I think it was good because I cherished my food. I think I will do every four hours have a meal, a small healthy one. I do like my nut mylk raw cacao, I had that as meal replacement for lunch. I feel light already. I do overeat raw vegan food normally. I hope this will help me.

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: July 20, 2015 08:06PM

After gaining some weight after a hiatus from running, I did the master cleanse. My belly looked amazing. It then went back to how it was, maybe worse.

For what it's worth, I spent a lot of my mid twenties doing those exercise videos. In hindsight, I wish I'd started running or long distance walking back then instead. The videos seem almost a waste of time now in terms of results.

Before I stopped running as much, my belly looked incredible and I could eat all I wanted (cooked vegan) with the benefit of also feeling very strong.

Fasting is just there to give a stressed tummy a rest. Eating good food is for feeling awesome smiling smiley

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: July 20, 2015 10:08PM

Suvine:

I do like my nut mylk raw cacao, I had that as meal replacement for lunch

Tai:
Nutmilk potentially could be high calorie. A half cup of almonds is about 400 calories. How many nuts do you use for your nutmilk? Then one banana is 100 calories. Adding a few medjool dates can add another 100 calories. Boom, a person can be at 600 calories for a lucious nutmilk.

Nopal cactus is a known weight loss remedy. You can make a big smoothie and it makes you feel full, plus it gives you a lot of minerals. Don't add nutmilk for maximum weight loss. Drink maybe a pound of leaves made into smoothie. You can add fruit/fruit juice. It will help your teeth, in my experience, too, if you drink it daily or frequently. One pound of nopal is only 72 calories, but it gives you 70% of your calcium. That is truly a meal replacement, if you add maybe a little extra raw vegan protein powder.

Let's compare:
You can drink a quart of delicious nutmilk at 600 calories or a nopal smoothie at 200-300 calories (with added fruit).

Nutmilks and nut dressings are so delicious, but they are so easy to overeat and exceed your calorie needs...hence the weight gain.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 21, 2015 12:13AM

Remember the Markus Rothkranz' cactus-aloe smoothie? For me it was a really filling and satisfying. When I first tried it I liked it so much I had one of them a day for about a week and as I recall I lost about five lbs. without trying - that was just a nice bonus.

Where I am aloe vera stalks are now on sale 2 for $3. The cactus pads are on sale for 79 cents a lb. so I bought about 5 lbs of them yesterday in addition to two aloe vera stalks.

Here's the Markus cactus-aloe smoothie thread with his recipe again ...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: July 21, 2015 04:46AM

Suez where am I going to find an aloe. Can you mail me one, I send you paypal?

Same with Cactus.

I didnt eat anything to day except some cacao drink. I like the taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 04:47AM by suvine.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 21, 2015 08:44PM

I'm not going to sit here and support your calorie restrictive starvation diet. Maximize your nutrition at least.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 21, 2015 09:48PM

Aloe smoothie? Is it yummy? I forgot about the edible aloe and I have a huge aloe growing in my garden.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: July 23, 2015 02:02PM

My advice is to focus on water-rich fruits and veggies and have a balance between fruits and veggies, like 50% fruits and 50% veggies. This helps a lot with reducing the calories that you would get from eating all fruit all day. Stay hydrated and eat less or no dried foods, dense foods, overt fats.

When I was eating lots of dates and walnuts and bananas, I gained weight. When I ate hydrating fruits and veggies, I lost weight and I felt great.

This summer I've been eating watermelon, and juicy peaches, and plums, plus lots of summer tomatoes. I was worried I would gain weight from all the watermelon and peaches, but so far I think my weight stayed the same. Last summer I was eating watermelon too, but also lots of bananas in the same day, so all this made me gain weight too. At first I thought it was from the watermelon, but now I'm thinking it was rather from the bananas (which are high in calories and dense) AND the watermelon, as I had too many calories altogether.

So eating water-rich foods instead of dense and dried ones helps so much, plus drinking enough water and having enough veggies as well (at least in my case it did).

From what I read/heard, when losing weight during a fast or a certain diet for weight loss, later on you gain back the weight if you go back to what you were eating. I'm sure I would gain weight if I were to eat again bananas and dates and walnuts. So I stay away from those as I don't even crave them. It will be harder to do this during winter, but I will focus on oranges, mandarines, apples and lots of veggies then, until next summer (it's usually during winter when I have the tendency to rely on bananas; last winter I was even eating frozen green peas, I was craving them so much).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: July 23, 2015 05:58PM

Ela wrote:
Last summer I was eating watermelon too, but also lots of bananas in the same day, so all this made me gain weight too. At first I thought it was from the watermelon, but now I'm thinking it was rather from the bananas (which are high in calories and dense) AND the watermelon, as I had too many calories altogether.

Tai:
Were you eating walnuts last summer as well, when you gained weight? Were you eating any overt fats? Have you ever gained weight on just fruits and veggies with no nuts, seeds and avocados?

Date: July 24, 2015 04:53PM

Is it day 6?

Well guys I got it down, I feel sooo much better and have my dream body.

When I wake up I have blackberry juice from my backyard, I have so many, and I make alot with peeled oranges and nettles and apples.

I set the oven timer for 4 hours

Then when it goes off I eat whatever I want FULLY HUNGRY A small salad with berries and spain almond dressing. Very satisfied.

I set the timer for four hours

THEN I AM FULLY HUNGRY AGAIN and appreciate my meal..so much

I eat like maybe a nut mylk cacao drink. Thats a meal replacement.
for example..

Then I set the kitchen timer 4 hours and so it goes...maybe a green smoothie with wild basil and banana and I always put a little tahini or dates.

Set alarm for four hours...etc until I get this down.

I think the calorie restriction, is because I am timing my meals, instead of eating all day long.

I got so big guys, now its all off. I am bikini body.

Ladies--I can wear size small Spanx--- and have lots of room LOL.

SO its like fasting. Kind of.

I can drink water all day long, and usually I never do this, I just eat, so this helps me feeling good in a good mood.

6 days later I like this ALOT. I feel AMAZING. I like having a slim slender body. And being satisfied and every meal I am actually HUNGRY..

and hunger is the best spice! I forgot what raw vegan food tastes like. HEAVEN.

AND I AM DOING BALLET WORKOUT CLASSES ONLINE and being skinny really really helps with your technique.

IF this starts to be unbearable- I will let you guys know- anything about my experiment. Seems to be what I have been looking for. Patience is something I really need anyways. I have more time to do other things like work and houseclean.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 05:00PM by suvine.

Date: July 24, 2015 05:13PM

I have no access to tropical fruits but the one kind of avocado that they use in grocery stores, so I would be more fruitarian if I could.

Bananas Oranges berries tons of apples pears those green grapes. Thats it. Organic section in small town grocery store.

Date: July 26, 2015 01:33PM

Tai, I went back to my food diary on the Romanian forum and read what I was eating last summer. I had watermelon, bananas, lots of banana ice cream, datorade, banana datorade, lots of dates. Other foods I was eating: cherries, oranges, apricots, tomatoes, some raw corn on the cob here and there, apples, plums, zoodles, cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, garlic/onion, cauliflower, dill, butter lettuce, lemon, cantaloupe melon, grapes, peaches, nectarines. Last spring I was eating frozen green peas too, and carob powder (which were not raw). However, during the winter of 2013 - 2014 I was still eating walnuts, and other dried fruits beside dates (prunes, dried apricots, dried figs), also not raw (though they said sundried or 100% natural). But no overt fats last summer. The last time I had overt fats was on January 27, 2014. And I haven't had any overt fats ever since. I decided that no overt fats is the way to go for me. So yes, I did gain weight on just fruits (and no overt fats), but they were the most dense fruits, high in calories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 01:36PM by Ela2013.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: July 26, 2015 03:47PM

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it day 6?
>
> Well guys I got it down, I feel sooo much better
> and have my dream body.
>
> When I wake up I have blackberry juice from my
> backyard, I have so many, and I make alot with
> peeled oranges and nettles and apples.
>
> I set the oven timer for 4 hours
>
> Then when it goes off I eat whatever I want FULLY
> HUNGRY A small salad with berries and spain almond
> dressing. Very satisfied.
>
> I set the timer for four hours
>
> THEN I AM FULLY HUNGRY AGAIN and appreciate my
> meal..so much
>
> I eat like maybe a nut mylk cacao drink. Thats a
> meal replacement.
> for example..
>
> Then I set the kitchen timer 4 hours and so it
> goes...maybe a green smoothie with wild basil and
> banana and I always put a little tahini or dates.
>
> Set alarm for four hours...etc until I get this
> down.
>
>
> I think the calorie restriction, is because I am
> timing my meals, instead of eating all day long.
>
> I got so big guys, now its all off. I am bikini
> body.
>
> Ladies--I can wear size small Spanx--- and have
> lots of room LOL.
>
> SO its like fasting. Kind of.
>
> I can drink water all day long, and usually I
> never do this, I just eat, so this helps me
> feeling good in a good mood.
>
> 6 days later I like this ALOT. I feel AMAZING. I
> like having a slim slender body. And being
> satisfied and every meal I am actually HUNGRY..
>
>
> and hunger is the best spice! I forgot what raw
> vegan food tastes like. HEAVEN.
>
>
> AND I AM DOING BALLET WORKOUT CLASSES ONLINE and
> being skinny really really helps with your
> technique.
>
> IF this starts to be unbearable- I will let you
> guys know- anything about my experiment. Seems to
> be what I have been looking for. Patience is
> something I really need anyways. I have more time
> to do other things like work and houseclean.

Thanks for sharing, so refreshing.
That is the goal, health, beauty, and love

Date: July 26, 2015 08:49PM

Ela wrote:
The last time I had overt fats was on January 27, 2014. And I haven't had any overt fats ever since. I decided that no overt fats is the way to go for me. So yes, I did gain weight on just fruits (and no overt fats), but they were the most dense fruits, high in calories.

Tai:
THat is so fascinating. Thanks for sharing. So Brian CLement and Dr. Gregor were right about fruit and weight gain (see the other thread on fruit sugar and weight gain that I started). [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
A person doesn't have to be sneaking in fat to gain weight. We kind of saw that with Freelee's and DR's experimental diet to eat umlimited carbs and several women gained a scary amount of weight.

It's stories like yours and Suvine's that make this board very valuable as a learning tool. Thanks.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 27, 2015 01:00AM

maybe some people gain weight and some don't? i don't gain weight by overeating for example, i get sick from overeating first

here's 3 vids

1. said she was eating too much

[www.youtube.com]

2.look up andrew perlot, he did an experiment on overeating and he gained weight.

this one shows that "hannah" claimed to gain weight on raw diet but wasn't doing raw diet, was bingeing.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 27, 2015 01:26AM

perlot

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 27, 2015 05:21AM

On the issue of gaining weight it is not the eating or not eating that is the problem.
Rather it is the elimination of waste that is the issue.
Those who cannot properly eliminate waste will gain weight even on fruits alone.
Here again the digestive system is the key.

Date: July 27, 2015 10:42PM

Oh my god, someone nice. THANK YOU. YOu think I need enemas? Oh I love the idea.

Date: July 28, 2015 12:48AM

One possible issue with summer is that there is a tendency to eat too many fruits. And that is mostly soluble fiber.

There is a need of a broom to sweep the floor. Periodically.

Adding more raw veggies with more insoluble fiber helps increase the movement of waste material thru the digestive system.

It is a matter of balance.

Date: August 04, 2015 12:57PM

Yes, Tai, I believe people can gain weight on just fruits alone, if they eat too many fruits than they actually need. I think that Freelee and Harley don't gain weight on eating unlimited carbs because they exercise a lot, move a lot, cycle a lot. I guess that's partly the reason they cycle so much: to avoid gaining weight. When I was on Raw Till 4, I gained weight from eating cooked carbs like potatoes, polenta, pasta, my homemade bread. If I were to go back to cooked food, I would immediately gain weight. Even on fully raw, I try to stay within 2000 cals/day or less, because this is the number of calories that helps me maintain my weight and even lose some. I definitely don't want to gain weight and I must be careful not to eat more than I need. Whenever I eat more than I need, I feel bloated, heavy, the food digests slower and I get sleepy. I feel best on 1300 - 1500 cals/day.

RawPracticalist, you're so right. When summer gets here, there is an abundance of sweet delicious fruits that I missed so much during winter, so, yes, the tendency is to eat ALL these fruits and in large quantities, to compensate for the lack of variety in winter. And it's very easy to overeat on fruits, they are so good that you don't even realize when you've just eaten a kg of them. But the key is to have a balance of fruits and veggies, and even to include more veggies than fruits, in order to cut the sugar in fruits, and, as you said, to bring more insoluble fiber in our diet, hence a faster digestion. And to try have whole fruits instead of juices and smoothies. Having said that, I must include more greens in my diet, as I haven't had any leafy greens in a long time, they just don't look appealing to me, but I should at least have some tender butter lettuce in my veggie dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: August 06, 2015 04:46AM

Maybe this is just triggering for me, but be careful about being too restrictive or obsessive about what you eat. It is great to develope conscious eating habits but you do not want to develope an eating disorder. There are so many things more important in life than thinness or appearance

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 12, 2015 11:09AM

be happy while you eat your foods

enjoy

Date: August 15, 2015 05:45AM

Checking in with you guys. I am doing fine. I dont think the weight came back. I am still wearing skin tight dresses and high heels.

I dont know why. I just know out there I belong somewhere fancy,

Date: August 21, 2015 08:20PM

Still skinny.

It seems like the less I eat, the less I am hungry. I just eat when I want a taste in my mouth. I am not puffy raw vegan anymore.

According to raw vegan lore, this is not supposed to be happening. I am supposed to be binging and freaking out. But calorie restriction I like right now. I feel so much more energy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables