Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Being a bean/legume based raw fooder.
Posted by: Rawfoodexplorer ()
Date: July 24, 2015 06:19PM

Hello, I have been eating mostly raw organic food for almost 7 months by now, and Its a bit difficult to me to stay on it, mainly because I want to travel , the lack of organic food in the country I live (Argentina) and because I want to spend less in food. So , I have been thinking and experimenting , and I have found legumes and beans to be in my situation the ideal staple food. Why? Because its the most cheap, nutritious, available in all parts, and almost not contaminated by pesticides. The best in this category I have found to be chickpea and lentils. Both are High in minerals, protein, carbohydrates and have natural pesticides, so using synthetic pesticides have no sense, and studies have found almost any on them. But the main problem its that Chickpeas need to be boiled to be really eatable, so lentils stand out. So , my question is, Any one have lentils sprouts as a staple food, or other beans/legume sprouts, or what do you think with this type of food? Do you think it can be a good food for an athlete?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Being a bean/legume based raw fooder.
Date: July 25, 2015 12:32AM

I used to live on mainly sprouted legumes and also sprouted grains, but issues can occur with indigestable proteins. Need to take brown seaweeds and do fermenting when taking a sprouted legume diet. Also recommended to do sprouted seeds FOR SURE!

Find sunflower, chia and sesame seeds, and sprout them. Very very important and far more optimal. Also do poppy seeds once per week. Sprouting reduces fat content,and consuming broccoli/radish/mustard sprouts will also help deal with fat levels so clotting factor 7 is neutralized and oxidative stress is greatly reduced from higher fat foods.

I have sprouted chia seeds 3 - 4 days per week and fermented sprouted sunflower 3 days per week. They are my staples that serve so well. I also consume loads of lentil sprouts, the top legume sprout!

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 12:47AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 25, 2015 08:06PM

oh yes I do. I have to copy the recipe for you. I got recipe in Paris, in Raw Vegan CRU book.

I love sprouted lentils
I loved this one too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 08:07PM by suvine.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: July 26, 2015 06:31AM

Beautiful pictures.
I have to admit, I still have problems digesting those types of dishes with sprouted beans or legumes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables