Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My planned diet
Posted by: SlimLadyRunner ()
Date: January 02, 2007 05:21PM

Here's what I ate yesterday when I started my diet:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of granola and a package of blackberries
Lunch: Gala Apple
Dinner: Savoy cabbage, green grapes, cherries---I can't remember the exact amount

Here's the thing, I woke up at 7:15 in the morning and I was starving like crazy. I tried fighting the hunger for two hours but I was still hungry (like mad hungry) so I ended up binging on processed foods (about 2000 calories total)---again!. Can anyone give me any advice because I know if I start the diet I planned above, I would just last for a day and binge again? That is the diet plan I had three years ago. It worked three years ago becase I didn't have these cravings but apparently, it ain't gonna work now. Please, some advice..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2007 05:22PM by SlimLadyRunner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My planned diet
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 02, 2007 05:24PM

You need to use a nutrient calculator to make sure you meet all your needs and supplement for B12 and D. [www.nutritiondata.com], [fitday.com] etc.

You need a lot more kcals. A lot more food. A starvation diet isn't going to work.

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: January 02, 2007 05:33PM

Hi there,

It doesn't seem like you are eating nearly enough! One apple for lunch? I would be starving too! :-) Eat a lot more fruit and stay away from overt fats and you will do great!

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: SlimLadyRunner ()
Date: January 02, 2007 05:35PM

It's cos' I want to lose about 20 pounds in a month cos' I want to look good when I get back to school!!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 02, 2007 05:46PM

SlimLadyRunner,

But eating so few calories had a backlash with you that drove you to binging on processed foods. So it appears to me that the starvation approach doesn't work for your body.

Try eating 2000 calories of fresh fruits and greens. If you are still hungry after that, I'll be amazed.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 02, 2007 05:46PM

A starvation diet is not the way to lose weight! Just eat a good raw diet and you will lose weight naturally and at the speed which is healthy for your body.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: pikt ()
Date: January 02, 2007 06:40PM

here are some ideas that are working well for me.
-have an idea or two of what you would like for breakfast before you go to sleep.
-when you wake up drink some water.we all need it when we wake up,especially when we are looking for weight loss.
-eat breakfast within an hour of waking up. go ahead and eat a big bfast,just load it up with a bunch of yummy fruit.bananas with other friut are supersatisfying.maube add some nuts.
-while eating breakfast you can get an idea of what you'd like/need for lunch.
-plenty of water all day.
-snack if you're inbetween meals and hungry. a snack is an apple,one orange,some nuts,etc.
-remember that we desire processed because it tastes good,but that's the only good in it. we often want fruit,nust veggies because they taste good and because they are even better for us than they taste. our body loves us most when we love our bodise and treat ourselves right.
-eat a good sized lunch,one that will satisfy you until dinner or just before.
-spinach salad as part of dinner really helps.
-i just joined a really cool website that is helping me a lot. the advice is good, there is a vegan community, a really great food nutrition exercise and nutrient tracker along with other great tools.
the site is sparkpeople.com
if you are interested and do join(totally free and very helpful lots of support)
please say fairypikt refferred you. best of luck.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: January 03, 2007 02:30PM

Based on the Fit For Life weight loss program you shouldn't eat anything but fresh fruit in the morning until noonish or whenever real cravings start. This is because there is a body cycle which happens from 4am to noon, during this time the body concentrates on cleaning (and cleaning means weight loss) and if you eat anything other than fresh fruit the body will stop cleaning to digest the food.

Another benefit of this, is that you put off the real eating until you are really hungry.

So if you ate the bowl of granola for lunch, or whenever the real cravings hit, it might work better.

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: January 03, 2007 04:10PM

Slim Lady Runner:

I am seeing what I always see when people are "flying by the seat" of their pants. You may do more damage than good unless you follow a very well-designed diet.

Please research more: Gabriel Cousins, Brian Clements - both have great books about what you are attempting to accomplish. Also, there is a GREAT Workbook/DVD series from ChiDiet.com newletter provided by Jim Carey and his group.

After so many years of doing this myself and helping clients I urge you to do this well, or your body will only suffer. My 2 cents.

Happy New Year and blissed be, Annie

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 06, 2007 12:25AM

I personally dont think your eating enough for lunch either.

Morning: Have a large smoothie or some raw porridge with fruit ( the whole fruit not just a slice) (400 cals)

Snack: Treat your self to some fruit or veggies with raw dip or fresh squeezed juice. (200-400 cals)

Lunch: veggies and dip, or a large salad or some raw crackers with raw dip (400 cals)

Snack: How about 1 raw cookie or a raw bar (if u like them)

Dinner: A raw casserole or a raw pizza or a raw sandwich or another salad.

Try to consume at LEAST 1200 cals so your not raiding the fridge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables