Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

to sproutarian man (regarding fermented sunflower seeds)
Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: August 02, 2015 11:42PM

did you ever get around to posting the video on how you ferment sunflower seeds to produce k2?

if not, can you just describe the process here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to sproutarian man (regarding fermented sunflower seeds)
Date: August 03, 2015 06:15AM

tezcal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> did you ever get around to posting the video on
> how you ferment sunflower seeds to produce k2?

Funny enough, l spoke to Mr Kearns the other day about editing that video l made last year about the very topic you asked about. I better get on with it. Also have a good video on broccoli/radish sprouts to upload. Sorry to procrastinate, been busy doing other things and it slipped my mind.

>
>
> if not, can you just describe the process here?

Yes. Check out this link and scroll down to the section on making rejuvalic and basics on fermented foods.
[www.thesproutarian.com]

If people knew how great the fermented sprouted sunflower seeds were they would eat this mighty food regularly. The food is pretty much as good as it gets. Why? The treasure trove of abundant nutrition, the ease of digestion and bioavailability of nutrients, super high B vitamin levels, the organic acids, the enzymes and the K2. This is a real body building food in terms of building muscle, strength, health building and paves the way to utilise other foods much better so one's diet can be broadened. Far superior to any nut meals also.

Another good meal is to sprout chia seeds and blend it for 25 seconds in rejuvalic. Wow, super duper stuff! I had that earlier today....feel like a big and mighty immortal and King of the hill and ready to take on the world.

See...many of the raw vegans don't have these foods, and imo they are missing out because their raw focus is so narrow and limited. So many raw folks fail because they have narrow concepts of what raw food should be, BUT there is a whole world of raw that they have never discovered that can rock their world!!!

You know what l say these days? I say: eat the fruit, eat the vegetables, eat the grains, eat the nuts, eat the weeds, eat the algaes, eat the seeds, eat the ferments.....EAT IT ALL!!!! No need to be phobic of foods because people tell you they are no good, eat it all!!!...we can make all the foods work IF we use ways to make foods work for us, that is why we have a brain and are humans...we have tools, we can ferment, we can do all types of things. We are not animals and we are not meant to eat only certain foods like many would like you to believe. We can eat and thrive on what foods are available to us IF they are wholefoods. Considering many raw vegans fail, they are hardly in the position to be preaching food phobic ideas to people and greatly limit the available foods we can supposedly eat.

Texcal - l am calling out the nonsense these days. We can make hardy bodies and we can eat it all!

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: August 03, 2015 07:13AM

What am l going to drink tonight? A = a BIG fermented soy bean/rye grain rejuvalic drink full of vitam,in K2. It tastes delicious and slightly burns the mouth. Makes me feel fantastic! And lwill have a big heaping tablespoon of hydrilla green algae in it to help me feel like flying to the moon.

Those are the real super duper foods...the ferments, the sprouted seeds, the sprouted fermented seeds. Those are the core of a great super duper diet. Ferments have a great reputation, but sprouted ferments are the kings of the ferments, especially when you ferment seeds in grain based rejuvalic. You get strong, you get tough, you get good, and you ZOOM to the top my dear friends.

Get well, get good and get the big boys into you. When you take the big boy foods the party really gets started. As soon as that fermented soy drink gets into me l am ready for anything...l zoom to the top and never look back.

Lou Carona knows the secret, but my way of doing the ferments is far better. Why? Because l use sprouted fermented seeds instead of nuts and balance the nutrition much better and provide more nutrition. + l use the bacterias/enzymes of the whole pants with a combination of fat/starch and protein rich foods all in combination. Lou'sway is fantastic, but when you want to crank it to the highest level you use the sprouted seeds in grain based rejuvalic and add probiotics if you feel like it, but personally l feel probiotics are overkill in this case and the enzyme theory Lou talks about is not correct.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 07:20AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: August 03, 2015 11:40AM

This is timely! I'm just soaking some sunflower seeds to make a 'mylk' out of, I'm planning to add kefir to ferment it into a kind of yoghurt-type drink smiling smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: August 03, 2015 10:19PM

Sproutarian man- how do you prepare your soy beans? Are they the mature soy beans that have been soaked?

Date: August 04, 2015 12:18AM

lisa m Wrote:
> This is timely! I'm just soaking some sunflower
> seeds to make a 'mylk' out of, I'm planning to add
> kefir to ferment it into a kind of yoghurt-type
> drink smiling smiley

Sounds pretty good Lisa. smiling smiley Sesame, poppy and pumpkin would be other good ones to do too.

I have the fermented soy drink twice per week and the sunflower ferments 3 times per week. So l get loads of K2 and other goodies.

bluespixie Wrote:
> Sproutarian man- how do you prepare your soy
> beans? Are they the mature soy beans that have
> been soaked?

Soak the soy beans in water for 24 hours and then soak them in rejuvalic for 2 - 3 days (depends on weather).

I am currently doing an experiment and am going to mash the soy into a paste and ferment it and drink the soy water. Due to the heavy hybridisation of soy bean species they are still a very difficult food to digest regardless of whether they are fermented, so l would only recommend drinking the ferment water from soy and not to eat soy raw. The other issue is that soy is very difficult to sprout because it has tender shoots and poor germination rate, so under no circumstances should fermented soy be eaten raw. It likely wouldn't be an anti nutrient issue with fermented soy, it would be a fiber issue due to extensive hybridisation imo/. Kulvinskas blames poor digestion of soy on the high protein combined with alkalinity, but l say that thinking is shere nonsense.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 12:23AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: August 04, 2015 01:26AM

TSM wrote:
the enzyme theory Lou talks about is not correct.

Tai:
Can you briefly explain why? I know one example is that some people might be low in hydrochloric acid, so taking digesting enzymes may not be addressing the real cause in every case.

Also, in my own experience, I often have better success with herbal digestive formulas for people's indigestion compared to digestive enzymes.

Thank you!

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: August 04, 2015 01:39AM

"The other issue is that soy is very difficult to sprout because it has tender shoots and poor germination rate,"

I used to sprout soy beans for making homemade tofu and for canning, etc, all the time and for years. I never had any trouble at all sprouting them and they had an extremely high germination rate although there were always several that sprouted a few days later than the majority of them. ("Mother Nature" always takes the cake for being the smartest prepper.)

If you want to be absolutely sure you are getting organic soy beans buy black soy beans. Eden Foods sells top quality dried black soy beans in bulk at their website and I highly recommend buying your soy beans from them.

[www.edenfoods.com]

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: August 04, 2015 03:30PM

thanks, sproutarian man

another question, do you ever mix algae's with your yogurts? I know chlorella has the growth factor, would this in theory make the yogurts much more potent?e

Date: August 05, 2015 12:53AM

I'll have to get back to this thread most likely on Saturday, l am far too busy to be able to get back here before then.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: August 05, 2015 05:07PM

Just chiming in on your question Tezcal cos it's a subject I'm REALLY interested in!

I've added things like chlorella and spirulina to my ferments (kefir and kombucha) and it makes them super lively - they fizz like crazy. So I reckon it's making them much more potent.

But I'd love to know more of the science behind it, like what's actually happening; what nutrients are increasing/decreasing etc. I did see a study once where they fermented carrot juice and noted an sizeable increase in absorption of some important minerals such as iron and calcium.

And I wonder, could this be a way to make man-made supplements more bio-available to humans? The magic of fermentation?

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Date: August 05, 2015 09:54PM

lisa m Wrote:

>
> But I'd love to know more of the science behind
> it, like what's actually happening; what nutrients
> are increasing/decreasing etc. I did see a study
> once where they fermented carrot juice and noted
> an sizeable increase in absorption of some
> important minerals such as iron and calcium.

Yes, and another carrot study showed fermented carrots made beta carotene 5 times more bioavailable. It wouldalso make zinc more available and increase B vitamins for reasons l don't have time to explain right now.

>
> And I wonder, could this be a way to make man-made
> supplements more bio-available to humans? The
> magic of fermentation?

Yes, fermenting algaes etc will make them more potent. Will get back to this topic later.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: August 08, 2015 02:43AM

SueZ Wrote:
> "The other issue is that soy is very difficult to
> sprout because it has tender shoots and poor
> germination rate,"
>
>
> I used to sprout soy beans for making homemade
> tofu and for canning, etc, all the time and for
> years. I never had any trouble at all sprouting
> them and they had an extremely high germination
> rate although there were always several that
> sprouted a few days later than the majority of
> them. ("Mother Nature" always takes the cake for
> being the smartest prepper.)
>
> If you want to be absolutely sure you are getting
> organic soy beans buy black soy beans. Eden Foods
> sells top quality dried black soy beans in bulk at
> their website and I highly recommend buying your
> soy beans from them.
>
> [www.edenfoods.com]-
> organic.html

Thanks for the tips Suez. The problem l will have is finding such black soy beans in Oz.

I find the usual white soy beans can rot easy.

I'll have to get back to this topic later.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: August 08, 2015 02:54AM

tezcal Wrote:
> thanks, sproutarian man
>
>
>
> another question, do you ever mix algae's with
> your yogurts?

Oh no, most certainly not. I am a strong promoter of the layed approach to eating,so that means eating the most digestable foods first and eating the foods which take longest to digest last, + eating foods compatable with each other. Therefore the algaes would be eaten first followed by seaweeds followed by the fermented seeds.

Now...if l mix in the algaes with seeds l will get stomach upset and wind.

Now...this doesn't mean everyone will get this issue, but l still prefer to promote the layered method as l believe it is the finest way to approach meal time for the reasons of promoting maximum tranquility for the stomach/digestion and various philosophies on simple eating based on one food at a time without the disturbed ideas imo of mixing foods and wanting it all. I believe in keeping things simple, learning the taste of individual food and mastering the knowledge of the powers of the individual foods...something which few are accustomed to these days due to the desire to eat so many foods at once. None-the-less, l do acknowledge the trend for humans eating in a haphazard fashion (disharmony imo), so l have learned to chill and just say `if it works for you, well and good', but for me such practises witnessed in the raw food world simply will not do.

The mixing of algaes or seaweeds with seeds seems instinctively wrong, and my stomach also tells me it is wrong because of the dire results that it produces. I feel l have finely tuned my body, but when l used to abuse it l could have eaten many poor combinations and not felt bad effects. Have l made my system more fussy, or do l now not tolerate bad eating combinations? I think it is the later. Have l weakened my digestion?...most certainly not because l digest better than ever.

Many mix fruits with greens and all sorts of things, but Brian Clement, myself and many purists will not have a bar of any such eating behaviour. We think that is disasterous eating, and the same goes with mixing all types of fruits together, nuts with seeds etc.

I think the layered approach to eating brings eating to a whole new level. I swear by it.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2015 03:00AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: August 08, 2015 05:00AM

TSM:
Many mix fruits with greens and all sorts of things, but Brian Clement, myself and many purists will not have a bar of any such eating behaviour.

Tai:
What's wrong with that? I am innocently asking. I know Brian has criticized making green smoothies in comparison to green juices, but I have not yet heard him criticize fruit with greens. I also have not heard all the videos Many people say you can lower the glycemic value of fruit by combining with protein. So, making a fruit smoothie with protein powder will not spike the blood sugar the way pure fruit can. The same can be said by adding certain greens, which contain protein, for example spinach to a fruit smoothie or just including fruit with a green salad. Mango is a common fruit to add to salad.

What's wrong with mixing different fruits together? Also an innocent question. I have a lot of fresh black figs and passion fruit ripe now and I have been making fruit salads with sweet watermelon, figs and passion fruit together, which is basically a sweet and sour salad. Instead of eating extremely sweet figs or very sour passion fruit by themselves, I eat them together and they become palatable. My passion fruit vine climbed all over my fig tree, so it was natural to try to eat them together. Some parts of the fig skin is a beautiful blue color and the passion fruit is kind of yellow, so the colors are amazing together.

Date: August 08, 2015 11:55AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "The other issue is that soy is very difficult
> to
> > sprout because it has tender shoots and poor
> > germination rate,"
> >
> >
> > I used to sprout soy beans for making homemade
> > tofu and for canning, etc, all the time and for
> > years. I never had any trouble at all sprouting
> > them and they had an extremely high germination
> > rate although there were always several that
> > sprouted a few days later than the majority of
> > them. ("Mother Nature" always takes the cake
> for
> > being the smartest prepper.)
> >
> > If you want to be absolutely sure you are
> getting
> > organic soy beans buy black soy beans. Eden
> Foods
> > sells top quality dried black soy beans in bulk
> at
> > their website and I highly recommend buying
> your
> > soy beans from them.
> >
> >
> [www.edenfoods.com]-
>
> > organic.html
>
>
> Thanks for the tips Suez. The problem l will have
> is finding such black soy beans in Oz.
>
> I find the usual white soy beans can rot easy.
>
> I'll have to get back to this topic later.

You're welcome, TSM.

I never had trouble sprouting white soy beans, either. They, too, have a delayed germination for a percentage of the beans so it's an important step to sort the early from the late starters at the proper time. The sort out is an easy and fast task I highly recommend taking seriously.

In case anyone is interested in making their own natto or tempeh - select the small varieties of white soy beans over the more common large ones as they work better and are the authentic ones used for that purpose.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: August 08, 2015 06:47PM

I have never made anything with raw soybeans. I have heard of some people but I havent. Is it good? Is it good raw?

Date: August 08, 2015 08:47PM

suvine Wrote:
Is it
> good? Is it good raw?

I'd say noooo - don't ever eat raw soy beans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables