Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Markus Rothkranz and James Sloane "The Truth About Distilled Water"
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: August 16, 2015 10:33PM

Well apparently the truth about distilled water video had been redacted. I will post it if it reappears. LOTS of thumbs downs from people on it. I guess Markus couldn't deal with that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Markus Rothkranz and James Sloane "The Truth About Distilled Water"
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: August 16, 2015 10:34PM

What did they say about it?

Date: August 16, 2015 11:08PM

I have a massive file (close to 100 pages) on distilled water which also has some significant personal comments from James when l spoke with him, none-the-less, there were a few things he got wrong on the subject, particularly in regards to water oxidisation strategies. He was responsible for me moderating my views to what l now see as the ideal position. I still support distilled water, but only under certain circumstances, and it must be drank carefully. I actually will be talking about water in my book because l have done heaps of research on it.

If the video comes up again, please post it. I might even make a video myself. It is not such a cut and dried topic, it is quite complicated and conclusions supporting various waters depend on various factors.

I think this is a significant link by James from memory. Unfortunately l can't view the link because it says l am banned despite never posting there. I'll have to email James about the computer error and get unbanned.

[medcapsules.com]

Eventhough James sounds very against it, when you argue the point properly he will bend on the topic and see how it can be used IF done in certain circumstances. Best not to let James scare you off distilled water...we need to look at the topic in a balanced way and look at all the facts.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 16, 2015 11:51PM

[www.ehow.com]

Mineral Deficiency

When in the human body, water always contains electrolytes, which are electrically charged atoms of minerals such as potassium and sodium. Water absorption happens in the intestine with the help of these electrolytes. If a person drinks distilled water, the intestine needs to take electrolytes from the body reserves to be able to absorb the water. Symptoms of low mineral levels include tiredness, weakness and headache; muscular cramps; impaired heart rate; and fragile bones and teeth.

Hyponatremic Shock

Experiments in rats showed evidence that the consumption of distilled water can increase water intake and extracellular fluid volume, eliminating sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium and magnesium from the body, and lowering the volumes of red cells, according to the World Health Organization. Regular intake of distilled water can cause hyponatremic shock or "water intoxication," which often happens after intense physical efforts and the ingestion of big quantities of water. Symptoms range from drowsiness and irritability to convulsions and cerebral edema, which is retention of water in the brain. When specifically related to low absorption of potassium, it is called hypokalemia.

Higher Risks of Heavy Metal Intoxication

Distilled water absorbs metals and other substances from storage tanks and containers in a higher rate compared with drinking water. Consuming distilled water can reduce the levels of important minerals such as calcium and magnesium. According to the World Health Organization, calcium and magnesium have anti-toxic activity, and in case of ingestion of contaminated water or food, these minerals prevent the absorption of heavy metals such as lead and cadmium from the intestines into the blood.

World Health Organization: [www.who.int]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 12:02AM by Panchito.

Date: August 17, 2015 12:01AM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What did they say about it?

Off the top of my head...
It's better to drink spring water from glass bottles than drink distilled water. It's better t drink RO water than distilled water. If you are going to drink distilled water compensate by eating a lot of mineral rich raw foods, add Himalayan salt to the water, etc. Other misc. questionable stuff and outright crap that doesn't much apply to raw vegans, IMO.

Didn't mention how distilling removes radiation. Didn't mention how RO equipment is almost impossible to keep clean and working properly. James said RO takes more Fluoride out of water than distilling does. James would drink his water out of borosilicate glass rather than common glass if he could. Basically they said enough to piss off just about everybody at some point or another, IMO. A lot of people were misinterpreting what they were saying but with all the added nonsense, such as tasting nickel in in distilled water from the nickel in stainless steel, it was pretty much a video that deserved to disappear, I guess, for people who make a living off of sounding somewhat knowledgeable.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 17, 2015 12:05AM

SueZ Wrote:
> Didn't mention how distilling removes radiation.

winking smiley Did you know that radiation is light? How do you remove the light from water?

Date: August 17, 2015 12:25AM

Panchito Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Didn't mention how distilling removes
> radiation.
>
> winking smiley Did you know that radiation is light? How do
> you remove the light from water?

Radioactive fallout.

Date: August 17, 2015 12:54AM

SueZ Wrote:
> it was pretty much
> a video that deserved to disappear, I guess, for
> people who make a living off of sounding somewhat
> knowledgeable.

Like with all things in health, James is trying to find his way to truth like we all are and has flaws in his various ideas also. No-one is a true expert and authority despite how they might come across. Even Brian Clement's, David Wolfe's and especially Andrew Norton Webber's water ideas seem flawed also, but l resonate with Brian's views the most because he acknowledges that big pharma drugs are in the water (all water possibly including most filtered spring water at high elevations all over the world, and in the South Pole etc), and we know that the water authorites do not take all the drugs out of the water depsite James claiming otherwise. The only issue l have with Brian promoting distilled water is he doesn't acknowledge the hypotonic effect that puts pressure on blood vessels when too much water is drank quickly therefore putting one at risk of burst vessels and forming blood clots eventually come off and blocking vessels causing stroke and various other complication of blockages.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 12:58AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: August 17, 2015 01:09AM

"No-one is a true expert and authority despite how they might come across. Even Brian Clement's, David Wolfe's and especially Andrew Norton Webber's water ideas seem flawed also" ...

ROFL.

Good Lord. Give me a break.

Date: August 17, 2015 01:45AM

Markus unloaded this water video hot potato onto James' site so here it is sans the knowledgeable thumbs down comments questioning the pair's authority and with further comments no longer allowed ...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 17, 2015 01:49AM

It's back (but now on James' site only) - but without the knowledgeable and experienced comments questioning the pair's authority and with further comments not allowed.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 17, 2015 02:06AM

SueZ Wrote:
> "No-one is a true expert and authority despite how
> they might come across. Even Brian Clement's,
> David Wolfe's and especially Andrew Norton
> Webber's water ideas seem flawed also" ...
>
> ROFL.
>
> Good Lord. Give me a break.

Suez, l know where you are coming from and know my comments are vomit worthy to more sophisticated health audiences, but my comments are pointed more towards average audiences that worship health gurus. I was talking to a general audience that gets most of their info from gurus and doesn't question ALL of it....I still think that audience is a large part of the raw movement.

Suez...humans like charisma and like to follow heros, so we need to speak with those audiences the right way, and hence my post above.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: August 17, 2015 12:24PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > "No-one is a true expert and authority despite
> how
> > they might come across. Even Brian Clement's,
> > David Wolfe's and especially Andrew Norton
> > Webber's water ideas seem flawed also" ...
> >
> > ROFL.
> >
> > Good Lord. Give me a break.
>
> Suez, l know where you are coming from and know my
> comments are vomit worthy to more sophisticated
> health audiences, but my comments are pointed more
> towards average audiences that worship health
> gurus. I was talking to a general audience that
> gets most of their info from gurus and doesn't
> question ALL of it....I still think that audience
> is a large part of the raw movement.
>
> Suez...humans like charisma and like to follow
> heros, so we need to speak with those audiences
> the right way, and hence my post above.

So you weren't speaking to me in your response you were talking dumbed down to the dumbed down and that's the "right way" in your mind. Oh really? I think average people deserve credit for being way over these former heros of yours and of other very gullible former starry eyed noobs. Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly hope I'm not wrong as these "heros" have been pretty thoroughly exposed.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 17, 2015 03:32PM

SueZ, thanks for putting up this latest version of the video. I agree that drinking super pure distiller or even RO can be depleting. For a water fast, this may be ok short term, because the idea is to cleanse.

Boy, Marcus can sure talk fast!

Date: August 17, 2015 10:55PM

I just add Concentrace minerals back to my distilled water for during the day. For my first qt. of water in the morning I add a bit of Himalayan salt.

For those who missed it again - yes, James says again in this video that our bodies absorb inorganic minerals so long as we are capable of converting them to salts.

Soo if you can accept that and want to be sure you are getting all of the minerals necessary for having strong bones, etc., there are much cheaper ways of doing it than spending $30 a month on Hydrilla. Red Desert brand clay is very high in these minerals, is clean, and is a in a very very finely divided powder form. I take it at night so it's 8.3 pH doesn't interfere with my digestion. This is one of the several clays that Tavis recommends to put into rotate in your raw vegan diet. He also doesn't recommend distilled water but I'm not following the raw crowd groupthink on that point. If you run with the herd, and the Japanese politicians, who would have us believe that smiles can magically neutralize radioactive fallout - you're on your own and probably not interested in reading this post anyway.

Date: August 17, 2015 11:43PM

James said RO takes more fluoride out of water than distillation does. I do not believe it.

Here is an independent lab's evaluation of water that has been distilled in the distiller brand I own. Takes out >99.9% fluoride.

[www.purewaterinc.com]

Date: August 18, 2015 06:33AM

SueZ Wrote:

> So you weren't speaking to me in your response you
> were talking dumbed down to the dumbed down and
> that's the "right way" in your mind. Oh really? I
> think average people deserve credit for being way
> over these former heros of yours and of other very
> gullible former starry eyed noobs. Maybe I'm
> wrong.

Suez, many of the raw community still seem to believe human beings are frugivores and evolved from Apes. People will believe virtually anything Suez.

Science is now many people's God, but one must be careful when using science because not all science is good such as `humans evolved from Apes science' or `monsanto science' or `vaccine science'.

It is interesting how many people have turned against many raw food leaders, but many still are in awe by them.

The point is...at the end of the day we have to learn to use our own brains properly and effectively. It is not always easy to do because wolfes in sheep's clothing hide in the cracks waiting to mislead us, but we can get better so we are very rarely fooled IF we switch on properly. There is a sucker born every second, and those wolfes know it....that is why the human wolfe's are always around, they are waiting for their next victim.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 06:37AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: August 18, 2015 11:11AM

Everyone should have a still to distill water. You could make essential oils with it and also moonshine if society breaks down. To pay employees with. Not to drink.

Date: August 18, 2015 11:20AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
>
> > So you weren't speaking to me in your response
> you
> > were talking dumbed down to the dumbed down and
> > that's the "right way" in your mind. Oh really?
> I
> > think average people deserve credit for being
> way
> > over these former heros of yours and of other
> very
> > gullible former starry eyed noobs. Maybe I'm
> > wrong.
>
>
> Suez, many of the raw community still seem to
> believe human beings are frugivores and evolved
> from Apes. People will believe virtually anything
> Suez.
>
> Science is now many people's God, but one must be
> careful when using science because not all science
> is good such as `humans evolved from Apes science'
> or `monsanto science' or `vaccine science'.
>
> It is interesting how many people have turned
> against many raw food leaders, but many still are
> in awe by them.
>
> The point is...at the end of the day we have to
> learn to use our own brains properly and
> effectively. It is not always easy to do because
> wolfes in sheep's clothing hide in the cracks
> waiting to mislead us, but we can get better so we
> are very rarely fooled IF we switch on properly.
> There is a sucker born every second, and those
> wolfes know it....that is why the human wolfe's
> are always around, they are waiting for their next
> victim.

TSM, you're riding a pretty darn high horse there and pretty darn high in the saddle for someone so fully loaded with other's tin foil theories in their belief system as you're packing. Might want to think about that before going all preachy and talking around people you pretend to be addressing from on high. People can see through stuff like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 11:22AM by SueZ.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 19, 2015 02:37AM

The benefits of distilled water were discussed at length in this forum, people reported to be cured, rejuvenated, elevated...

Gallons were drank per day, every week, for ever.

It did not look natural, it did not sound right.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: August 19, 2015 03:34AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> The benefits of distilled water were discussed at
> length in this forum, people reported to be cured,
> rejuvenated, elevated...
>
> Gallons were drank per day, every week, for ever.
>
> It did not look natural, it did not sound right.
>
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
> ge=1

That old thread you linked was about people drinking urine which, IMO, is a revolting perversion unworthy of human consideration in a civilized world. This thread, and the video, is not about that. But don't listen to me - watch it for yourself so you can understand the subject of this thread which has nothing to do with urine.

Date: August 19, 2015 03:47AM

Suez, good video from Markus and James. Thanks for posting it.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: August 19, 2015 11:09AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > RawPracticalist Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The benefits of distilled water were
> discussed
> > at
> > > length in this forum, people reported to be
> > cured,
> > > rejuvenated, elevated...
> > >
> > > Gallons were drank per day, every week, for
> > ever.
> > >
> > > It did not look natural, it did not sound
> > right.
> > >
> > >
> >
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
>
> >
> > > ge=1
> >
> >
> > That old thread you linked was about people
> > drinking urine which, IMO, is a revolting
> > perversion unworthy of human consideration in a
> > civilized world. This thread, and the video, is
> > not about that. But don't listen to me - watch
> it
> > for yourself so you can understand the subject
> of
> > this thread which has nothing to do with urine.
>
> I followed that thread for months, it was about
> distilled water, the initial discussions mentioned
> urine but it was all about distilled water.....

Well I scanned, (as much as I could stand to), through more of that very sick twisted creepy thread and the only reward of that task was to see you had a little better grasp of Hugo's thoughts than most around here.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: August 19, 2015 06:48PM

Hi Raw P,
Consider Lorraine Day who used distilled water as part of her protocol to heal breast cancer (as I recall). She drank a lot of juices (13 per day) plus lots of distilled water.

My friend drank a gallon of fresh juice daily plus lots of distilled water (about a gallon daily) in the form of teas, veggie broth (called potassium broth) and plain water to heal his liver cancer. (He's like 6'3"]

The Gerson program promotes 13 juices daily and no plain water. They promote teas, which contain water. They want to make sure a person can get down their juices, soup, food and teas before filling their stomach with plain water.

The difference between Lorraine and my friend vs. the Gerson program is that the former was not eating as much as those in the Gerson program which serves breakfast, lunch AND dinner. My friend was actually on a pure liquid diet for months.

SueZ, reading your story about the metal coming to the surface of your skin makes me remember Paul Bragg's story and how he said he got rid of liquid mercury over time doing several water fasts. He said he once eliminated out some via his stool. I think he got it via TB medications? I don't remember the whole story. I do recall this happened in the alps. Anyone remember the whole story? I personally believe the man. What did he stand to gain to lie that pristine mountain air, tough fasting and pure water eliminated mercury out of him?

Anyway, Raw P, I refer to the Gerson program, because I think your sense of logic is sound, yet there is a time and place for therapeutic doses of distilled water. I myself only drink distilled water that I distill myself into glass jars. I usually drink it in the form of cold infused teas.

I think it was JTP who said that a single distillation is not even really truly distilled, and I have to agree. That is why I buy spring water and distill it, because even if I purify tap water through a decent system and distill it, I can still taste many impurities.

The confusion in that thread you posted is that some people refer to urine as distilled water. A man named Andrew Weber was promoting that idea. How can urine be considered distilled if it contains heavy metals, bacteria, viruses and many other things? When you distill water in a machine, the heavy metals and minerals are left clinging to the sides of the machine. I clean my distiller with white vinegar.
I have a raw vegan friend who had been drinking his morning urine and even doing eyewashes with his own urine. A heavy metals test showed he had high levels of uranium. Uranium is excreted through the urine. So how will it ever work for him to drink his urine and get rid of the uranium? The naturopath said that he found many people on the west coast to have high levels of uranium. Anyway, my friend stopped drinking urine based on this and is now drinking freshly distilled water from a machine.

Date: August 19, 2015 07:38PM

James Sloane said on the video he thinks everyone with a 1,000 ft. deep well should be safe from drinking such things as your neighbor's lawn chemicals. Ha ha ha. Does he not know that many of our deep aquifers are contaminated with stuff only distillation will remove?

Yes, if you don't add minerals and salt back to your distilled water you will detoxify way too fast if you've been retaining metals - I learned that the hard way when bits of metal from my corroding broken down welded liner of my green Stanley thermos bottle started shooting out of my skin and even through my fingernails leaving bloody little tracks. Just add good minerals back to your distilled water before you drink it so you don't get ahead of yourself. Tracemins are low sodium for those who are afraid of salt.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: August 19, 2015 08:29PM

Great article about distilled water:

[www.durastill.com]

I think I pay more to run my distiller than what the article says, though.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 19, 2015 09:38PM

Thanks Tai for the post.

The main issue is the tendency for us humans to rush into new things as a solution to old problems we have.

Like anything that is from God but is not God, distilled water has the good and the bad.

We need to isolate the steps necessary to make distilled water a good addiction to our diet but not just get into the therapy of drinking gallons of it without research because we heard it is good for us.

Some distilled water and some purified water may work in tandem to our benefits.

Date: August 19, 2015 09:51PM

Tai Wrote:
> Great article about distilled water:
>
> [www.durastill.com]
>
> I think I pay more to run my distiller than what
> the article says, though.

Tell you one thing - hauling water 1,000 feet out of the ground from your well would cost a lot more. Deep private wells are expensive to maintain and run.

Date: August 19, 2015 11:55PM

Really glad to hear you've stopped drinking urine, TSM.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: August 22, 2015 02:29PM

Tai Wrote:
I myself only drink distilled
> water that I distill myself into glass jars. I
> usually drink it in the form of cold infused
> teas.
>

Hi Tai, that sounds similar to what I do: I fill a large jar with distilled water and add herbs/wild leafy greens and/or some fruit etc and leave it on a sunny windowsill for the day. Do you think this is enough to remineralise the water? (I don't add salt or trace minerals).

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables