Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Who wants to live with me in Spain?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 02, 2007 11:11PM

Hi everyone,
I know this is a bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd try anyway: I'm hoping to move to Spain soon and I'd like to find some like minded people to share accommodation with. I'm going to either Marbella or Fuengirola in the province of Malaga. I would consider anywhere along the coast between Malaga and just west of Marbella. I'm hoping to get a job in real estate in that area, and one specific job I've seen which I want to get is in Marbella.

As for me: Well I eat mostly raw, all vegetarian, almost all vegan. Don't smoke or drink alcohol. I like yoga, basketball, reading, being pretty quiet and chilled out most of the time. I'm tidy and clean - wouldn't want to live with someone who smokes and leaves old meaty saucepans lying around the kitchen!

I'm open minded when it comes to the type or cost of the accommodation, but I'd definately like some outside space. If you can speak Spanish well, that would be excellent because although I can understand the ads in the Spanish papers, I can't speak well enough to follow up on them. Accommodation in the Spanish papers tends to be cheaper than that advertised in English papers/websites.

So if you are interested, please reply. And remember even if you had no intention of going to Spain, they have good weather and fresh cherimoyas!

We'd also be a fairly short bus ride away from a large fresh food wholesale co-op, where you can buy food at a very reasonable price. Avocados, cherimoyas, oranges and mandarines are super cheap! And both Marbella and Fuengirola have health food stores, which otherwise are quite uncommon in southern Spain. AND I know a few different people there who own land with fruit trees and plenty of space for growing vegetables. So I could probably get surplus fresh organic fruit really cheap or free (which I would share with you of course!)

SystemOfADown

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who wants to live with me in Spain?
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 02, 2007 11:32PM

I know some fruitarians in spain. Good luck, maybe I will visit in the summer, I live in MIAMI, so , well.. its paradise, but I do love the old cultures.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 03, 2007 01:14AM

There are quite a few raw fooders around that area of Spain (well, compared to the rest of Spain). A Spanish guy called Balta lives near Marbella and he publishes a Spanish raw food magazine, see [www.comunidadcruda.com] for more info. He has some land and fruit trees, a good place to escape the city and stay in nature for a few days.

There is also Ecoforest, near a town called Coin, inland from Marbella. It was a raw place, now it's just vegan - [www.ecoforest.org]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: January 03, 2007 04:21AM

Balta is a good friend of mine. He lives in Ojen now, in a finca called La Cascada.
We are two raw foodists who are going to move to spain in March. We have just bought two properties (fincas), in a valley, 40 minutes north of Estepona. We were doing research in physics in San Diego, but we decided to change and move back to Europe, to some place where we can grow all our food. We would be happy to meet some more raw foodists there, so don't hesitate to contact us when you get there.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: January 03, 2007 07:48PM

It's interesting how many rawers gravitate to warm climates. I'm starting to think about spending part of the year in Brazil and am now learning Portuguese.
Your Spanish plans sound wonderful, best of luck.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 03, 2007 08:28PM

Balta is such a sexy name. I bet he is hot.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: January 03, 2007 09:28PM

My finca is near a village called Jubrique. It's in a secluded forest of chestnut and cork oak.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2007 08:47PM

coconutcream: "Balta is such a sexy name. I bet he is hot."

I dunno, do you like hairy men?!? :-p

SystemOfADown

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 04, 2007 09:15PM

oh my gosh!

too funny!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables