Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going raw with kids who still eat meat...
Posted by: Sadie_Hippie ()
Date: September 24, 2015 06:50PM

I've been reading these boards for some time now and decided to join in as I have questions. I've been slowly transitioning to going raw but I have 2 boys who eat meat. That's not really the problem however I'm the one who cooks dinner for them and always taste it beforehand to be sure it's good (salt etc). Also being a single mother proves in challenges on lack of time.

So here's my questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with having others (kids, spouse etc) in the house who still eat meat. How do you manage it since it's such a different diet?

2. I feel like it's very time consuming. For those of you who have stressful full time jobs how do you prepare for the week?

3. Since I can only make it the market which is the best way to keep my veggies fresh the longest?

I appreciate everyone's input. I went raw overnight for 40 days a few years ago and felt amazing. Not only physically but my mental clarity was shocking to me. I'm mad at myself for not sticking with it! I should have never stopped but I did so here I am starting over. I'm overweight and do have health issues so I'm trying to make changes in my life to better my health. Been watching documentaries like Forks Over Knives to motivate and educate myself.

Peace, Sadie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going raw with kids who still eat meat...
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: September 25, 2015 01:59AM

Sadie,
I have a friend who is a professional chef and when she wanted to lose weight, she never tasted her food for her clients, and she never lost her job. She even worked for celebrities.

I would recommend frequently making vegetarian meals for your sons. Please watch Patrick, a world record holder in weight lifting, explain where he gets his vegan source of protein.

Also watch Matthew put on 30 lbs of muscle quickly with vegan protein, too.

When your sons get sick, the best diet is vegan. So, prepare them in advance. Remember the cancer statistics, like 1 out of 2-3 people will get cancer. So teaching them now about healthy eating will prepare them when they are out on their own.

patrick baboumian:

[www.youtube.com]
where do you get your protein by Patrick
[www.youtube.com]

matthew armstrong, 30 lbs of muscle in 100 days.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 25, 2015 05:18AM

Just lead by example. And if you serve cooked food, just match it 50% with raw vegan food, like guacamole or salsa for example, on top of the sandwich...load it with arugula, sneak in tomatoes.....or mint on the sweeter things, stir in raw cubed softer veggies on top of pasta.. and just try to sneak in as much berries, raisins, and sweet dehydrated snacks... Why not. and Never ever ever give in with your mind. Stick to your principles.

Buy organic...

Posted by: Sadie_Hippie ()
Date: September 26, 2015 12:26AM

Thank you all for your support and great advice. My younger son has Asperger and he really had a limited amount of things he enjoys. Not sure if it has to do with the Asperger or not but he has been trying different things that are healthier. My older son eats very healthy but they both are meat eaters. I can't see them making a drastic change but maybe down the road. Right now I'm trying to focus on myself right now since I can only be an example if I succeed at getting on track.

Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables