Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HAPPY
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 27, 2015 10:54AM

I saw some video recently where some guy says that being happy increases intelligence. Well, maybe it was some youtube precursor to some other video. Does anyone know which video this is? I couldn't really find a link.

Anyhow.. you can post it if you see it.

My question is.. has anyone experienced this as being true?

Has there been any tests or anything like that done to affirm this?

I find it kind of fascinating. It is a fun topic to discuss. Also, the guy said that being happy makes you healthier ( assuming you have a healthy diet).

That is kind of obvious. The intelligence increase though seems sort of obvious too but I would like a bit more feedback.

I wonder if Thomas Edison or Einstein were very happy people. Every time I see a photo of Einstein, he is smiling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 10:54AM by la_veronique.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HAPPY
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 27, 2015 02:45PM

I was thinking about this tonight la Veronique, about how emotions are our universal language with each other. And there is a language called body language. And how happiness is linked to all sorts of goals and ideals, so therefore, HAPPINESS must be the language of wealth.

Are you smiling LV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 02:52PM by suvine.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: September 27, 2015 03:54PM

I don't know about the video you mentioned, but I can see how being happy can increase one's intellect, but not vice versa.

Here are some of my favorite quotes on...

Happiness & Intelligence

“There is no record in history of a happy philosopher.” -H. L. Mencken

“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” -Ernest Hemingway

“In wisdom is much grief.” -The Bible

“A person is never happy except at the price of some ignorance.” -Anatole France

"If ignorance is bliss, then most people must be in a constant state of euphoria." -John Rose

“Happiness? That’s nothing more than health and a poor memory.” -Albert Schweitzer

“I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” -Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)

“Better mad with the rest of the world than wise alone.” -Baltasar Gracian (1601-1658)

"Of all men's miseries the bitterest is this, to know so much and to have control over nothing." -Herodotus (484-430 B.C.)

Now here are some of my favorite quotes on...

Happiness & Thoughts

"We're just about as happy as we make up our minds to be." -Abraham Lincoln

"No man is happy unless he believes he is." -Publilius Syrus

"A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy and nothing can stop him." -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

"We adults cannot blame our unhappiness on the environment, our upbringing, our family or friends, our jobs or anything else. We need to take responsibility for ourselves to be all we can be." -Susan Smith Jones

"Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him." -Wayne Dyer

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw

"Any idea that is held in the mind that is either feared or revered will begin at once to clothe itself in the most convenient and appropriate physical forms available." -Andrew Carnegie

"It is the most unhappy people who most fear change." -Mignon McLaughlin

"Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think." -Dale Carnegie

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make our world." -Buddha

"Your life becomes what you think." -Marcus Aurelius

"As you think, so shall you be. As he thinkest in his heart, so is he." -Proverbs

"Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it." -Ernest Holmes

"Whether you think you can or not, you are right." -Henry Ford

"Change your thoughts and you change your world." -Norman Vincent Peale

"The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." -William James

"Whatever you think, you are." -John Rose

“There is no record in history of a happy philosopher.” -H. L. Mencken

“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” -Ernest Hemingway

“In wisdom is much grief.” -The Bible

“A person is never happy except at the price of some ignorance.” -Anatole France

"If ignorance is bliss, then most people must be in a constant state of euphoria." -John Rose

“Happiness? That’s nothing more than health and a poor memory.” -Albert Schweitzer

“I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” -Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)

“Whoever feels pain in hearing a good character of his neighbor, will feel a pleasure in the reverse. And those who despair to rise in distinction by their virtues, are happy if others can be depressed to a level of themselves.” -Benjamin Franklin

“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” -Dan Millman - “Way of the Peaceful Warrior”

“Happiness = Satisfaction divided by Desires” -Dan Millman - “Way of the Peaceful Warrior”

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.” -Buddha

“Mankind has become so much one family that we cannot insure our own prosperity except by insuring that of everyone else. If you wish to be happy yourself, you must resign yourself to seeing others also happy. ... Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people’s happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race.” -Bertrand Russell

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: September 28, 2015 05:29AM

Thats a great collection John, I see it took a while. I like the BUDDHA quote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2015 05:30AM by suvine.

Date: September 28, 2015 11:01AM

The Buddha quote RAWKS.. DEFINITELY!

Date: September 28, 2015 11:10AM

The Bertrand Russell's quote is kind of striking too. Pretty deep.

I'm going to give it a "Like" (thumbs up!)spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables