Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Cravings for fat; eating too many nuts to get fats
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 17, 2015 05:44PM

"generalized conclusion Refuted by people on such low fat diets without these symptoms."

How many people do you know of who have experimented with O3-based high-fat diets? Let's define "high-fat" as anywhere between 30-50% calories from fat. Many people may try higher fat diets, but are they making a concerted effort to consume primarily O3-based fats such as hemp, chia, flax, and walnuts? Are they soaking and/or sprouting or are they eating anti-nutrient rich nuts and seeds which tax the digestive system and pull minerals from the body?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 05:44PM by jtprindl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 17, 2015 06:40PM

<<<I don't remember, whenever I was hungry. I know I could eat like 6 or 7 bananas and then feel hungry an hour later.>>>

First of all, I agree with fresh because if you are NOT documenting everything, you can't rely on your memory to do a comparative analysis, which is why Nutritional Analysis by Recall Questionnaires, such as the Nurses’ Questionnaire Study, is notoriously unreliable.

Secondly, fresh also brings up a good point about "True Hunger" versus "Toxic Hunger" as Dr. Fuhrman calls it.

Thirdly, anytime one feels hunger shortly after a fruit meal means that one simply did NOT eat enough fruit and 6 or 7 bananas is NOT enough calories for 1 meal.

Remember, the 3 meals a day habit is a relatively new one and the idea of eating 6 or more meals a day as suggested by many of our poorly educated nutritionists of today is a HUGE Mistake!

And finally, one of the reasons why eating more Fat keeps us from being "Hungry" for many hours is because it takes many hours for Fat to empty the stomach and, therefore, gives the false impression that we are "NOT Hungry" keeping in mind, once again, that very few people have ever experienced "True Hunger"!

So anyone who is eating 50% of their calories from Fat and are eating 2,500 calories a day, is eating ~139 grams of Fat and that will take ~14 hours to empty the stomach if consumed in 1 meal, ~7 hours to empty the stomach if consumed in 2 meals and ~4.5 ours to empty the stomach if consumed in 3 meals. Indeed, this is probably the reason why Tavis went to his High Fat % to appease his clients who were complaining about always being "Hungry"!

Yes, “Eating enough at one time” is a problem for most people who are new to Raw Foods as it is difficult for the average person to go from 5 to 10 grams of Fiber to 50 to 60 grams and the best solution for this problem in the beginning is to drink a pint or two of Vegetable Juice 15 minutes before your Fruit Meal and this should keep you satiated until your next meal. Of course, another problem for newcomers is that they are used to being sedated from Eating the SAD and a HIGH Fat meal will sedate us much in the same way.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: October 17, 2015 06:44PM

I see that you have chosen not to address my points. Which basically is an admission that they are true, that is, the lack of control on dietary experiments and conclusions drawn from them.

I don't know what the point of your long quote was - it didn't relate to anything i said.

and there was nothing derogatory that I wrote, it's simply an observational fact that you are not prone to ever consider other views, merely defending your own, often without providing any facts while blasting me because the points i raise appear to be valid.

as I said, we all make these kind of errors in evidence for causation. it is the nature of incomplete information and completely predictable but as i said it may be good to consider.

Regarding chia for example, there are potentially many problems including the mucilaginous nature causing digestive problems as well as the high phosphorus content causing those very problems that you just spoke about regarding minerals.

regarding higher fat diets in your statement above- I don't know how many people and don't know what your point is.

thank you for your time

Date: October 17, 2015 07:01PM

Fresh:

"Which basically is an admission that they are true"

That logic is hilarious and quite frankly embarrassing. I didn't address them because it's pointless engaging in discussions with you because you will always bring up some type of factor that cannot be measured at the moment to convince yourself that it was these unmeasured factors that caused any issues and NOT because I was eating too little fat. The idea that higher fat intakes with concern to O3:O6 ratios could possibly be providing substantial benefits over lower fat intakes for many people appears to be impossible for you to admit.

"regarding higher fat diets in your statement above- I don't know how many people and don't know what your point is."

Because there is no possible way that you can accurately state that my experience is "Refuted by people on such low fat diets without these symptoms" when those very same people have not followed the type of higher-fat diet I follow and therefore cannot accurately compare the two.

John Rose:

"Remember, the 3 meals a day habit is a relatively new one and the idea of eating 6 or more meals a day as suggested by many of our poorly educated nutritionists of today is a HUGE Mistake!"

I eat two meals per day on average.

"Thirdly, anytime one feels hunger shortly after a fruit meal means that one simply did NOT eat enough fruit and 6 or 7 bananas is NOT enough calories for 1 meal."

I would be hungry the majority of the day and it was not due to being dehydrated. I could even stuff myself with fruit and be hungry in an hour or two. This fruit-based diet is what led to eating many more times throughout the day because it simply was not satiating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 07:01PM by jtprindl.

Date: October 17, 2015 07:44PM

<<<I would be hungry the majority of the day and it was not due to being dehydrated. I could even stuff myself with fruit and be hungry in an hour or two. This fruit-based diet is what led to eating many more times throughout the day because it simply was not satiating.>>>

WE NEED DETAILS!!!

Details NOT even you have!

Once again, most people have NEVER experience "True Hunger"!

“Instead of being eaten when we are physically hungry, food is now consumed to satisfy artificial cravings generated by a brain that isn’t working right and whose receptor sites beg for synthetic stimulation from chemicals. We eat, but we’re never satisfied. We’re full, but aren’t contented.” -Carol Simontacchi - “The Crazy Makers”

"Another common reason for lack of adherence to a raw food diet is hunger. This becomes an issue when insufficient quantities of fruit are consumed. The human stomach is designed with elastic qualities enabling it to expand and accommodate large quantities of high water content foods at a meal. Due to the lifelong habit of eating concentrated foods that are very low in water content, most people's stomachs have lost their elasticity. This results in them only being able to consume a small quantity of fruit at any one time, leaving them hungry soon afterwards. Part of the transition to a raw food diet includes putting the stomach on a flexibility training programme to regain the full extent of its natural elasticity! Gradually increase the quantity of fruit consumed at each sitting until you can proudly, and comfortably, boast an expanded tummy after each meal." -Rozalind Gruben

“The truth is that hunger is a normal, not an abnormal, sensation and all normal sensations are pleasant. It is an error to think of hunger in the terms of symptoms of disease, just as it would be to think of thirst, or any other of the body’s normal desires, as painful or uncomfortable. Normal hunger is indicated by a general bodily condition--a universal call for food--which is localized, so far as localization takes place, in the mouth, nose and throat, just as is the sense of thirst. There is no “hunger pangs” associated with genuine hunger; there is only a pleasant sensation in the nose, mouth and throat and a watering of the mouth. The hungry person is conscious of a desire for food, not of pain or irritation.

It is a false appetite that manifests itself by morbid irritation, gnawing in the stomach, pain, the feeling of weakness, and various emotionally rooted discomforts. The dissimilarities between such irritations and a true sense of hunger are quite sharp, the average person tied to the habit of eating at all hours of the day and night rarely permits himself to become hungry and consequently mistakes these morbid sensations for a valid call for food. As eating commonly relieves symptoms of distress, the individual becomes convinced that food was just the thing needed. Often it is a kind of eating binge; the individual eats to cover up psychological miseries, as the drunkard drinks to drown his.” Herbert Shelton, “Fasting Can Save Your Life” p. 32

“The statement sometimes heard that hunger ceases on the third day of the fast implies that true hunger is present during the first two days of the fast. This is usually not true. It is gastric irritation that ceases on the second, third or fourth day of the fast.” Herbert Shelton, “Fasting Can Save Your Life” p. 32

“The presence of normal hunger is regarded as one of the signs of health, while its absence is a symptom of disease. For us to accept this as a reliable criterion of the state of the body, however, it is necessary for us to recognize that there may be present, in disease, a fictional desire for food that is commonly mistaken for hunger. Herbert Shelton, “Fasting For Renewal of Life” p. 86

In our present consideration of hunger we shall discuss:
1. Normal demand for food, genuine hunger.
2. Fictional desire for food, a morbid craving.
3. Absence of desire for food, absence of hunger. “FFROL” p. 87

...when the well man goes without food he gets hungry before he gets weak; when the sick man goes without food, he gets weak before he gets hungry.” “FFROL” p. 87

One way to determine real from fictional hunger is to think of the time that has elapsed since the last meal. It is not possible to be “hungry all the time.” If one desires to eat while the stomach is still busy digesting the last meal, one is certainly not hungry. If the last meal was a heavy one, one is not likely to be genuinely hungry for several hours. “FFROL” pp. 87-88

The most important feature of genuine hunger is comfort. The hungry man has no pain, no gnawing feeling in his stomach, he suffers no “hunger pangs,” he is not weak and he has no headache. If any of these symptoms are present, one should suspect that the hunger is spurious. If he does not get to eat at once, he does not become weak. If weakness follows upon delay in eating, this is a sure sign that “addiction” and not hunger is troubling him. If the weakness is relieved by eating, this is but added evidence that it is addiction.

An individual with normal nutrition can omit a meal or more at any time without ill-feeling or loss of strength. If discomfort follows missing a meal, this is the surest evidence that the individual is in need of a fast and a change of eating practices. Genuine hunger (a normal demand for food) is never accompanied by any disagreeable feelings whatever. There is no pain, no distress, no weakness--real or stimulated--no gnawing in the stomach. The demand for food is not felt in the stomach, and we are not aware that we have a stomach. an awareness of organs is a sure sign of disease. “FFROL” p. 88

There are great numbers of people who will assure you that they are hungry before every meal and that if a meal is delayed for a single hour they will grow faint and languid. They often describe pains and discomforts in the abdominal region and some of them say that they suffer with headache. Even physiologists have accepted the popular notion that hunger is a disagreeable sensation, one verging on actual suffering. These symptoms are strikingly like those manifested when a drug addict misses his accustomed dose to which indications has been given the name, withdrawal symptoms. Dr. Page called these “hunger symptoms” a species of “poison-hunger,” thus identifying them with addiction.

Observations reveal that these “poison-hunger” symptoms are most marked in heavy eaters of highly seasoned viands. The more one is addicted to salt, condiments, coffee, tea, etc., the more severe are these symptoms. The man who eats simple fare escapes them entirely. We also know that these sensations are likely to be most severe in the diseased.

Dr. Susanna W. Dodds insisted that “The sense of all-goneness in these cases is not from a lack of nutrient material, but owing to the absence of the habitual stimulus.” “No person,” wrote Dr. Chas E. Page, “feels faint upon passing a meal, or has a gnawing stomach, except it be occasioned by an irritated and unduly congested state of that organ. It is a sure proof of dyspepsia. Strictly speaking, the term is a synonym for indigestion.” Dr. Page well says, “A craving appetite should be treated as a morbid symptom, and should weigh in favor of abstinence.” “FFROL” p. 89

The “hunger” of the poorly nourished person is seldom genuine. It is more often of the same nature as those symptoms of the drug addict who is deprived of his drug that are erroneously called withdrawal symptoms. They are such symptoms as gastric distress, pains in the stomach region, a gnawing in the stomach, weakness, headache, etc. “Hunger pangs” would seem to be cramps and these are certainly abnormal. Normal muscular contractions, even if vigorous, are not painful. On the contrary they tend to be pleasurable. Hunger is not a pathological state and is not manifested by symptoms of disease. “FFROL” p. 90

We now know that hunger is felt in the mouth, throat and nose, and to some exrent, in the whole body. “FFROL” p. 91

The depraved stomach, he (Graham) held, its integrity impaired by previous abuse, may give rise to sensations that are mistaken for hunger, but which are, in reality, demands for irritation or stimulation. “FFROL” p. 91

This alleged demand for food is more properly termed a “perverted appetite.” ...The food addict is in the same boat with the drug addict and suffers similar “withdrawal symptoms” when he does not receive his accustomed meal.

Much of this supposed demand for food is a craving for coffee, salt, pepper, or other irritant and poison to which the stomach has become accustomed. Much of it is simply irritation of the digestive tract resulting from overeating, wrong eating and eating of stimulating foods. A toxic state of the digestive tract, resulting from indigestion, can set up symptoms galore that are mistaken for hunger. Although true hunger is never manifest in the stomach, always in the nose, mouth and throat, it is common to mistake distress in the region of the stomach for hunger.

What I have just said should be interpreted to mean that the morbid symptoms that are commonly mistaken for hunger are symptoms of food poisoning. “FFROL” p. 92

While it is true that the presence of a desire for food is not always a sign of health (this is so, because the demand for food is not genuine) it is true that when hunger is lacking for any great length of time, this manifests a lack of health. One of the first symptoms of acute disease is a suspension of the demand for food. It is a signal that rest of the digestive machinery is needed, a warning that no food is wanted and that, if taken, the nutriment will not be digested and assimilated. ...

If the acutely ill person, the person with severe inflammation, severe pain anywhere in the body, discomfort in the abdomen, etc., eats, the food decomposes in the digestive tract. If it is not thrown out by vomiting or hurried away by diarrhea, it remains in the stomach and intestine to poison and irritate the invalid, increasing both his discomfort and his danger. Feeding should not be resumed in these cases until at least twenty-four hours after all acute symptoms have subsided.

In chronic disease there is a frequent complaint: “I have lost my appetite.” It is complained that “nothing tastes good,” “I have to force myself to eat.” What a lot of suffering these people could avoid if they refrain from eating until they get hungry! This rule is also good for the chronic sufferer who is “hungry all the time.” “FFROL” p. 93

Indeed, genuine hunger is such a delightful sensation that it is worth going on a fast merely for the pleasure of experiencing it. Herbert Shelton, "Fasting For Renewal of Life" p.95

It is a spurious hunger, the only appeal for food a great number of people have ever known, since overfeeding, frequent feeding by the clock, and between-meal eating were started in infancy and continued throughout their lives. They are deceived by it and are honest in believing they are hungry. They remember a certain pleasure of taste and the sense of appropriating food to themselves and call it hunger, eat until food palls upon the taste, and in the course of two to six hours, whether agreeably occupied or not, begin to think of the pleasures of eating again, and consider themselves hungry.” Herbert Shelton, “Fasting For Renewal of Life” p. 96

THE CONCEPT OF “TOXIC HUNGER”

“Losing your ability to sense true hunger sets the foundation for obesity. By feeding them so much caloric-rich food so frequently we have trained our children to disconnect eating from hunger. After enough time goes by continually consuming more calories than they need, they will feel discomfort when they do not have food constantly in their stomach. They must keep their digestive tract going all the time, because the minute it empties, they feel uncomfortable. By the time they become an overweight adult, they are true food addicts.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., "Disease-Proof Your Child" pp. 137-138

“When food addictions drive intake via toxic hunger, we are never satisfied with an empty stomach, because it feels too uncomfortable, so we eat more and more and invariably become overweight. The more unhealthy the diet is, the more toxic hunger drives the person to overeat and put on additional pounds.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., "Disease-Proof Your Child" p. 139

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 07:52PM by John Rose.

Date: October 17, 2015 07:49PM

"Once again, most people have NEVER experience "True Hunger"!"

Or..... maybe, just maybe, my body was craving nutrients not provided by the fruit-based diet I was following? Or maybe I was becoming addicted to sugar and using it as a stimulant and when my sugar high depleted I needed more to get my "fix"?

Date: October 17, 2015 07:56PM

IF YOU DON'T RECORD IT, YOU CAN'T ANALYZE IT!!!

Did you see my edit at the top of my post?

Date: October 17, 2015 09:45PM

>>>>Or..... maybe, just maybe, my body was craving nutrients not provided by the fruit-based diet I was following?

it's possible. the problem is that you are generalizing and making an implication about that diet , instead of just the one you were following . and there is no evidence that you had insufficient nutrients.

>Or maybe I was becoming addicted to sugar and using it as a stimulant and when my sugar high depleted I needed more to get my "fix"?

since that is not the experience of others there is evidence again for your generalization (that you have recently made - saying that other people are addicted) to be false.
you may have felt that you were addicted. I am not denying you claiming an addiction.
But I have never felt addicted to any raw fruit. EVER.
I have been addicted to many cooked foods.
Me saying that other humans have opposite experience to you is evidence.
If you think you were addicted then wouldn't everyone be addicted??
something special about you?
Are you immune to evidence counter to your view?

>That logic is hilarious and quite frankly embarrassing.

it's nice that you have found some humor.

> I didn't address them because it's pointless engaging in discussions with you because you will always bring up some type of factor that cannot be measured at the moment to convince yourself that it was these unmeasured factors that caused any issues and NOT because I was eating too little fat.

nope. it's because you don't have the data and because there's a lot of evidence against what you're saying.
there's nothing wrong with you feeling that eating more fat solved your problems but it's Dishonest of you to not just say, you're right, I don't have the evidence that you asked for to support my position.

It's not a big deal, I was just curious what it was that made you conclude certain things about fats. You have described it and it seems to me that there is not a lot to support it, as well as many facts counter to it as I have explained.

>>> The idea that higher fat intakes with concern to O3:O6 ratios could possibly be providing substantial benefits over lower fat intakes for many people appears to be impossible for you to admit.

You are incorrect. Anything is possible - it's just that you can't admit that there is no real evidence to support your claim.
could just as well be higher calories or more satiety with the fats as JR said, not Fats in an of themselves. Is that so painful to consider?

>>>Because there is no possible way that you can accurately state that my experience is "Refuted by people on such low fat diets without these symptoms" when those very same people have not followed the type of higher-fat diet I follow and therefore cannot accurately compare the two.

what the heck are you talking about? there are people, including my self and others who do not have the symptoms you have described. So there is NO REASON to compare to your diet. The lack of symptoms provides evidence against a universal rule or a mechanism that you seem to be trying to claim regarding fats, or even that it was the causative factor for you.

I have had those symptoms in the past, but it was transitional and/or transitory.

It would be so much easier if you would just say that you don't have the kind of evidence that I requested.
It would avoid all this.
It doesn't mean you can't hold your view, but many people think things about diet, recommend it to the world, then they change over time - meanwhile they have told other people to do what they are not even doing anymore.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: October 17, 2015 10:10PM

jtpringle in another fight again???!!! I bet this guy's rap sheet is a mile long. I wouldn't be surprised if his mugshot is at Interpol.

Date: October 17, 2015 10:33PM

Although I'm hesitant to suggest this for a couple reasons, all you need to
do is go back to that lower fat diet, make sure you eat enough including greens, don't include cacao or any other stimulants or adaptogens, and provide the results.
Tell us if you re-experience those two symptoms you described.

and for my part, I will eat some fatty seed or other that you suggest and note the myriad miracles that ensue.

Fair enough?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2015 10:48PM by fresh.

Date: October 17, 2015 11:57PM

When did this thread become about a diet that I followed years ago? I honestly couldn't care less about it and obviously I didn't log everything I was doing back then in anticipation that a few years down the road people were going to question me about it. If you want to eat primarily fruits with some greens and you feel good and truly believe you are getting everything you need without any cellular or blood work done, that's great! I think a simple test would prove you wrong in most cases, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Also, sugar acts like a drug on the brain and is very much a stimulant and one of the main things about addicts is that they do not believe they are addicts. Am I saying you are addicted to sugar? Nope, but it's certainly a possibility.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 18, 2015 12:05AM

"Indeed, this is probably the reason why Tavis went to his High Fat % to appease his clients who were complaining about always being "Hungry"!"

As is usual with puffed up gas bag, poo p bowl johnrose, the above is yet another in his endless string of self-serving fractured fairytale LIES he embeds in his wall of text blatherings built of hijacked abused quotes and "indeeds" he pukes up regularly like signature foul hairballs. It has nothing to do with the truth, of course, I'm here to remind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 12:07AM by SueZ.

Date: October 18, 2015 12:07AM

jtprindl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
> When did this thread become about a diet that I
> followed years ago? I honestly couldn't care less
> about it and obviously I didn't log everything I
> was doing back then in anticipation that a few
> years down the road people were going to question
> me about it. If you want to eat primarily fruits
> with some greens and you feel good and truly
> believe you are getting everything you need
> without any cellular or blood work done, that's
> great! I think a simple test would prove you wrong
> in most cases, but hey, that's just my opinion.
>

I just gave you a perfect scientific test and you decline? you are weird.

show us your blood test

> Also, sugar acts like a drug on the brain and is
> very much a stimulant

really ? you better stop eating strawberries then !!

and one of the main things
> about addicts is that they do not believe they are
> addicts. Am I saying you are addicted to sugar?
> Nope, but it's certainly a possibility.

Brain. Glucose is virtually the sole fuel for the human brain, except during prolonged starvation. The brain lacks fuel stores and hence requires a continuous supply of glucose. It consumes about 120 g daily, which corresponds to an energy input of about 420 kcal

who sent you here? was it brian clement?

now you're gonna tell me sugar is not a drug under a certain amount?

Date: October 18, 2015 12:09AM

"now you're gonna tell me sugar is not a drug under a certain amount?"

As they say, everything in moderation smiling smiley

"show us your blood test"

I will be showing cellular tests in the future.

Date: October 18, 2015 12:14AM

"Brain. Glucose is virtually the sole fuel for the human brain, except during prolonged starvation. The brain lacks fuel stores and hence requires a continuous supply of glucose. It consumes about 120 g daily, which corresponds to an energy input of about 420 kcal"

You and most fruit-based raw foodists probably eat a lot more than 420 calories from sugar, no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 12:14AM by jtprindl.

Date: October 18, 2015 12:23AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "now you're gonna tell me sugar is not a drug
> under a certain amount?"
>
> As they say, everything in moderation smiling smiley

you ARE a nutritionist!

>You and most fruit-based raw foodists probably eat a lot more than 420 calories from sugar, no?

maybe you do too

of course the body needs some too.

Date: October 18, 2015 01:08AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "Brain. Glucose is virtually the sole fuel for the
> human brain, except during prolonged starvation.
> The brain lacks fuel stores and hence requires a
> continuous supply of glucose. It consumes about
> 120 g daily, which corresponds to an energy input
> of about 420 kcal"
>
> You and most fruit-based raw foodists probably eat
> a lot more than 420 calories from sugar, no?

100 cal strawberries has twice the sugar as
100 cal carrot juice
you sugar fiend!

just like that sproutarian man with his sweet sprout juices
and gasp, bananas!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 01:13AM by fresh.

Date: October 18, 2015 02:59AM

"100 cal strawberries has twice the sugar as
100 cal carrot juice
you sugar fiend!"

Lol how is this relevant?

"of course the body needs some too."

Do you believe there's any chance that you or other fruit-based raw foodists are potentially consuming more sugar than their body needs which is then contributing to some amount of bodily damage? Don't get me wrong, you're probably healthier than 99% of the population, but you know me, I go big or go home, I want optimal health!

Date: October 18, 2015 03:29AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "100 cal strawberries has twice the sugar as
> 100 cal carrot juice
> you sugar fiend!"
>
> Lol how is this relevant?

well apparently you couldn't drink the "sweet" carrot/beet juice
but the sweeter strawberries slipped past your glucose radar.
perhaps the strawberry fructose was transformed into omega 3's by the maca.

ah, nevermind.

>
> "of course the body needs some too."
>
> Do you believe there's any chance that you or
> other fruit-based raw foodists are potentially
> consuming more sugar than their body needs which
> is then contributing to some amount of bodily
> damage? Don't get me wrong, you're probably
> healthier than 99% of the population, but you know
> me, I go big or go home, I want optimal health!

It's possible.
Haven't noticed anything and aging does not seem accelerated.

I will track my food for a while to see where I'm at macro and calorie wise.

Date: October 18, 2015 03:34AM

"perhaps the strawberry fructose was transformed into omega 3's by the maca."

That's probably what happened.

"well apparently you couldn't drink the "sweet" carrot/beet juice
but the sweeter strawberries slipped past your glucose radar."

I actually said I was getting sick of sugary foods outside of berries. I assume strawberries qualify as berries? Should've also mentioned fruits like pomegranates and grapefruit/blood oranges. My overall caloric intake from sugar isn't that high.

Date: October 18, 2015 03:42AM

jtprindl,

post one typical day of foods and amounts

Date: October 18, 2015 03:51AM

fresh Wrote:
> jtprindl,
>
> post one typical day of foods and amounts

1 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
8 oz. local organic mixed greens (impossible to give you exact amounts of what)
1 english cucumber
Kimchi

16 oz. coconut water
2 TBS E3 Live, 1 tsp hydrilla, 5 grams chorella

16 oz. strawberries
2 grapefruit
1 cup of pomegranate arils

I will be getting back to micro-green juice and sprout-based salads in the very near future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 03:54AM by jtprindl.

Date: October 18, 2015 04:21AM

thank you.
i couldn't put the hydrilla or kimchi in there - not found in cron and no amount for kimchi.

but I got

1967 calories
44.7% lipids
40.3% carbs
15% protein
109g sugar
210g carbs

Date: October 18, 2015 04:28AM

You wouldn't be able to enter in the mixed local greens, E3 Live, hydrilla, or kimchi. I got 98.6 grams of sugar.

Date: October 18, 2015 04:39AM

e3 live brain on supreme is what i chose.
and i just put in arugula for the greens

better get your calcium up
grinning smiley

Date: October 18, 2015 04:58AM

fresh Wrote:
> e3 live brain on supreme is what i chose.
> and i just put in arugula for the greens
>
> better get your calcium up
> grinning smiley

Hydrilla is loaded with calcium smiling smiley

70% RDA per teaspoon

Date: October 18, 2015 05:09AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > e3 live brain on supreme is what i chose.
> > and i just put in arugula for the greens
> >
> > better get your calcium up
> > grinning smiley
>
>
> Hydrilla is loaded with calcium smiling smiley
>
> 70% RDA per teaspoon

damn you hydrilla

Date: October 18, 2015 05:40AM

fresh Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> -----
> > fresh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > e3 live brain on supreme is what i chose.
> > > and i just put in arugula for the greens
> > >
> > > better get your calcium up
> > > grinning smiley
> >
> >
> > Hydrilla is loaded with calcium smiling smiley
> >
> > 70% RDA per teaspoon
>
> damn you hydrilla

The algae's always come through in the clutch.

Date: October 18, 2015 06:44AM

Just had some fermented hydrilla and about to have some lentil sprouts in rejuvalic.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: October 18, 2015 05:19PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Just had some fermented hydrilla and about to have
> some lentil sprouts in rejuvalic.

Why do you ferment hydrilla?

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables