Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass powder retain nutrients?
Posted by: Numenor ()
Date: October 15, 2015 04:28PM

I'm on the fence a little about powders, are they any good? Do they still retain a complete nutritional package? What do you guy think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass powder retain nutrients?
Posted by: iandthou ()
Date: October 17, 2015 09:35AM

I don't know if there are any scientific studies on this but I've been drinking organic wheatgrass powder, 1 tsp in a cup of water, once a day for about 3 months. I can only speak on the basis of intuition, and I think the powder is nutritious. I live in New Delhi, one of the most polluted places in the world. When I come home from work, I feel a glass of water with the powder undoes some of the effects of the air pollution. I feel cleaner, more energetic inside almost instantly.

Probably fresh wheatgrass would be much more nutritious but I haven't tried that yet. I am not very inclined to use blenders. The energy field they create doesn't go very well with me.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: November 05, 2015 06:22AM

Powder do retain some nutrients.
But there is nothing like the fresh raw wheatgrass juice that you drink within few minutes after juicing.
Powder can be useful if you are traveling

Date: November 05, 2015 10:08AM

Even if powdered wheat grass does retain the nutrients (doubtful despite the company claims), it still isn't as good as the home grown freshly squeezed wheatgrass in my experience.

The companies make all types of claims that home grown grass isn't near as nutritious as their special grown grass and that they use all types of technology and growing methods to make superior grass so that it is completely superior to conventional fresh tray grown grass and that they can outsmart nature etc etc. Personally my consumption show that no powdered wheatgrass compared remotely to the fresh grass.

In my experience no powered foods compare to the fresh versions. Many companies will try to tell you otherwise, but they aren't going to convince me anytime soon. It's not only about vitamins and minerals in food,the focus is much broader than what the companies will talk about, so be careful not to be swayed into their narrow view of what makes processed food better than nature's way. Even if their mineral enhanced vitamin rich processed powders are more nutritious than nature's version, it doesn't mean it is better for you. Be careful...brains can be easily baffled by these company claims.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 10:15AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables