Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gastritis/Stomach Ulcer + EXTREME fatigue
Posted by: Pletox ()
Date: October 21, 2015 01:19PM

Alright I'm in SERIOUS trouble and seek help (20 yo male).

3-4 months ago( around mid june) I decided to go raw vegan (for health reasons). At first I ate few calories (some smoothie or fruits) because I wasn't that hungry & wanted to detox harder. After like one week I started eating more, fruits, greens/nuts salads (between 10 am and 20 am, like a half watermelon for lunch and a big lettuce/avocado/tomato salad for dinner). In those days I was exhausted but I thought it was just detox... Also my digestion was shitty, I had trouble for watermelon monomeals... I would weigh about 56kg for 1.70m.

2 months later (late august), for social reasons and to get rid of this fatigue (or because I ate too little calories I don't know) I was back too cooked foods, I was scared to be anemic or something, and I was really craving cooked & starches (When I was still eating starches & veggies 6 months ago I was 10 times more energetic so ...). So I began to eat the same way as I was when I was on cooked vegan aka potatoes/rice/quinoa + veggies , and a LOT of it because I felt so hungry. I immediatly felt better in my head but of course for my digestion it was a nightmare, painful and food would lay on the stomach for hours. I thought it would go okay again with time, I would take herbal teas with lemon drops before meals to aid digestion. But I didn't go better (still very exhausted & digestion issues) even 2 weeks after so I decided to go to the doctor.

I was diagnosed with a gastritis and the doctor told me that I may have an ulcer, so there is probably a H.PYLORI bacterial infestion in my stomach that makes my digestion & energy levels awful. And the cause of this bacterial proliferation would be an overly alkaline stomach (not enough ACID to kill them when eating low calorie raw vegan).

Right now (october) I'm still eating fruits in morning, then like potatoes+veggies for lunch & dinner. My energy levels are close to 0, from june to today it just went worse and worse. (Even if I eat less like no breakfast & only veggies or fruits). I weigh around 60kg, like when I was feeling great 6+ months ago.

I've tried dandelion/ chamomile herbal teas and diatomaceous earth to get rid of H.PYLORI and heal my stomach but it does not help... also took some probiotics and cabbage juice, no results.

WHAT COULD I DO ? I'm scared that if I fast or go raw again my digestion would be even worse... (& i'm always hungry so it would be hard)
ANY HELP APPRECIATED if anyone knows a similar story…

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gastritis/Stomach Ulcer + EXTREME fatigue
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 21, 2015 09:40PM

Hi I learned the following protocol from Apex energetics. Take two bottles of HPLR in a month and retest. THe breath test is supposedly the most accurate. Everyone in your household, including pets should be treated, because it is passed back and forth easily. It is very common to get it eating in restaurants from infected cooks/chefs.

I list the ingredients, in case you want to try something homemade or a mixture from a health food store. There are very sophisticated Chinese medicine formulas for fatigue and gastritis, but here I just shared a generic formula for h-pylori. This formula is hard on the stomach, so digestive tonics along with it would be nice.

H-PLR (K32) provides a research-guided selection of herbal extracts that support the immune system, especially the pathways that respond to extracellular antigens. Plus certain extracts have shown support for the healthy phagocytic activity of immune cells such as macrphages, natural killer cells and neutrophils. It also provide natural compounds that have antibacterial properties to maintain healthy gastrointestinal terrain, particularly for H. Pylori.

Serving Size 1 capsules
Servings per container 90

tr>
Proprietary Blend (700 mg) of: Amount per serving: % Daily Value
Golden Seal root extract *
Oregano Oil extract *
Barberry extract *
Oregon Grape root extract *
Berberis Aristata extract *
Coptis Chinensis extract *
Yerba Mansa extract

Posted by: Pletox ()
Date: October 23, 2015 05:57PM

Thank you very much for your fast answer, I'm looking forward to get those herbs that you recommend.

Actually, I have learned today that greens are doing some excellent work too. For the past 2 days I literally binged on greens (lettuce, red chard, spinach, etc.) I've heard from Dan the LifeRegenerator that the chlorophyll does wonders against bad bacteria or worms.

Right now my fatigue has very diminished thanks to that, still some stomach pain but thoughts are so much happier too smiling smiley

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 23, 2015 07:36PM

And I forgot to mention first and foremost two raw foods that can help:
fresh living aloe vera and fresh raw hot pepper.

Hot pepper has been used to stop bleeding and actually help to heal stomach ulcers and it is antibiotic. HOw much you use is up to your tolerance. THe more you use, the higher your tolerance. Different peppers will react differently. Try a range of fresh organic ones, from jalapeno, serrano to habanero. Try a small amount at first.

Regarding aloe, it pays to buy a big plant from a nursery or find where some one has big ones growing. Use the fresh leaves in a smoothie (under 10 seconds to blend, only gel, no skin) and drink about 1 cup of gel a day or every other day, depending on your reaction. THis should help to control the pathogen level and heal the ulcer. Ebay has some for sale, where the people pick it fresh and mail it quickly. THe problem with going to a mexican market or the health food store is that the leaves have been picked weeks ago. The sooner they are picked and eaten, the more potent healing effects. The reason you blend the aloe is to break it up to absorb it. It is possible to chew it and swallow it and it is the best, if you have the time. The less liquid you add, the better, so it can adhere to your tissue better. Blend for as short a time as possible.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 23, 2015 08:28PM

You may want to look into adding many of the following to your regimen: raw garlic, curcumin, ginger, eucalyptus, oregano oil, broccoli sprouts (sulforaphane), mastic gum, peppermint essential oil, kim chi/sauerkraut and virgin coconut oil.

Fermented foods provide substantially more probiotic bacteria than probiotic supplements and for a much cheaper price.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 23, 2015 10:08PM

GARLIC

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 24, 2015 12:36AM

The solution may be to eat less.
Let the digestive system rest.
It knows how to heal itself.
Get yourself a good juicer and get on a juice fast if possible.
Drink green juices and eat juicy fruits.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables