Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Halloween recipes
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: October 21, 2015 02:00PM

I LOVE this time of year grinning smiley Got any good seasonal or Halloween-style recipes that you're planning?

I made some nice flax crackers the other day with pumpkin. Pic and recipe at my Facebook page here:
[www.facebook.com]

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Halloween recipes
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 21, 2015 08:40PM

lisa

what is umi shiso?
pumpkin crackers....very unique!

Date: October 23, 2015 06:12PM

Hi LaV, ume shiso is a seasoning, it's made from the juice of fermented plums. SO tasty! I found it in a little health food shop up in the highlands of Scotland, I haven't been able to find the same one online anywhere, the closest I've seen is Ume Plum seasoning, made by Clearspring.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: October 23, 2015 07:47PM

I made pumpkin juice and created a refreshing pumkin beverage:

1 quart pumpkin juice
2.5 cups fresh orange juice
1.5 cups coconut milk (I made fresh coconut milk and then blended it with 8 dates and a vanilla bean. I only used water and half of one mature coconut to make the milk, so it wasn't too fatty. I also strained it and did not use the pulp)

I shook the juices together in a 2 quart mason jar. I know better than to blend them in a blender.

Serves 2-3 people

So delicious!

The pumpkin I used was very ripe but not sweet at all. So that is why I added so many dates. The trick to this recipe is that I had hired help that day to peel the pumpkin and slice it. I don't have time for such things myself. Peeling raw pumpkin or any raw hard squash is no easy task. It is not easy on a juicer to push the peel through, so it's ideal to peel first.

Then I took the pumkin pulp from the juicer and made a raw vegan pumpkin pudding with banana, dates, sapote, persimmon, chia and coconut milk.
It was a first time recipe. It is not perfected yet, so I won't bother sharing how I did it. It was good. Everyone loved it but it has a ways to go. I want to make a raw vegan pumpkin pie without coconut oil. Can I do it? We'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2015 08:02PM by Tai.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 23, 2015 10:10PM

lisa

okay,, sounded a little familiar.. japanese plum
i think i've seen it in stores
it is fermented

tai

maybe you could mix pulp with the pumpkin pudding to make the pie
have fun!

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 24, 2015 02:01AM

Well I hope no one is purposely eating those awful tasteless watery Jack-'O-Lantern pumpkins which, with good reason, not even one wild creature nibbles on even though they are scattered all over place decorating peoples lawns at this time of year.

Date: October 24, 2015 06:17PM

Tai those recipes sound gorgeous!!

Suez, this little guy seems to like the Jack O Lanterns winking smiley

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 30, 2015 11:22PM

I guess the new breed coywolves don't mind eating Jack O' Lanterns. This pretty darn impressive looking one looks like it could be a werewolf candidate. Apparently these government sponsored pooches are even smart enough to have even learned to look both ways before crossing streets.

[www.economist.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables