Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

balanced raw food diet
Posted by: joy4U ()
Date: October 30, 2015 02:44PM

I am new to raw foods I am underwieght and tend to have a low temperature. How can I healthfully gain wieght and be warm on raw foods in the winter? I don't have the strongest digestion and am almost 60 years young.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: balanced raw food diet
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:29PM

joy4U Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am new to raw foods I am underwieght and tend to
> have a low temperature. How can I healthfully gain
> wieght and be warm on raw foods in the winter? I
> don't have the strongest digestion and am almost
> 60 years young.

Why do you think you're underweight? Raw garlic and cayenne pepper may help raise your body temperature, but are you sure you're getting enough B12 and iron? For digestion, consider a high-quality probiotic supplement such as 'LifeGive Instinct Super Critical' or 'Friendly Force Ultimate Probiotic' as well as fermented foods like kim chi or sauerkraut. You may also want to consider aloe vera gel, digestive enzymes, psyillium husk, ginger and gentle foods such as bananas, berries, and figs. Staying hydrated throughout the day is very important as well.

[healthforce.com]
[hippocratesinst.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2015 03:29PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:29PM

You can stay warm, internally, easily, with cayenne pepper added to raw dishes.

You can stay warm, externally, by keeping your hands, feet, and head more covered than you usually do with warm clothing.

If you must be outdoors in the cold for long stretches of time invest in ski wear, etc., and activated charcoal hand and feet warmers like "Hot Hands" which can also be used under your hat. Many of us who live in cold climates have found that staying warm via food is more a matter of life long habits that have made us mistakenly psychologically dependent on warming up with food than anything really key in the matter.

Date: October 31, 2015 03:37PM

Thankyou SueZ for your comments.
I will try your suggestions, they make alot of sense!

Date: October 31, 2015 03:44PM

I am 5'9" wiegh between 110 to 115. Part of my lower wieght came from grieving the loss of my daughter and other major stresses.
Thankyou so much for your advice- I will try your suggestions. I truly believe our bodies and minds are "fearfully and wonderfully made" to heal!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables