Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Warming raw foods
Date: November 05, 2015 09:37PM

I've been having a lot of trouble lately keeping raw, and I've even been craving non vegan foods again. What do you do in cooler weather? It's not cold here in Georgia, but it's damp and chilly. I just want to cuddly up with a hot vegan PS latte.

Should I be eating more fat? I've been avoiding overt fats lately trying to lose some weight, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't want to change too much, but it's getting hard to stick with again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Warming raw foods
Date: November 05, 2015 09:57PM

blankpageblankbook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been having a lot of trouble lately keeping
> raw, and I've even been craving non vegan foods
> again. What do you do in cooler weather? It's
> not cold here in Georgia, but it's damp and
> chilly. I just want to cuddly up with a hot vegan
> PS latte.
>
> Should I be eating more fat? I've been avoiding
> overt fats lately trying to lose some weight, but
> it hasn't happened yet. I don't want to change
> too much, but it's getting hard to stick with
> again.

I find that eating more fat doesn't make one warmer. The thing which made me warm was sprouted chia grass juice (takes a long time to grow however), but you could always try eating a few slices on ginger also which is known to improve blood circulation and warm the body up.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 06, 2015 06:39PM

Here in Scotland it's damp and chilly a lot of the time, and I include herbal teas as a regular part of my diet. Yep I know they're not raw, but they really help me to keep my spirits up! I don't boil them; simply heat them very slowly over a long period of time till they're hot. I use herbs out of the garden such as sage, mint, nettles, dandelions etc. It feels nice to be drinking something that grew so close to me, and that I planted and watered myself. Sometimes I blend my teas up with coconut oil, carob, cinnamon, mixed spices etc. They feel very nourishing and comforting.

I also find it's useful to warm up my foods to body temperature before eating, in the dehydrator. Also taking salad out of the fridge a few hours before eating so it's not too chilly. It all helps.

I probably do eat a bit more fatty foods in the winter.

Also, do you do much exercise? That is great for keeping the body temp up and getting the circulation flowing. Especially good if weight-loss is your goal smiling smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 07, 2015 08:25AM

Find a fun exercise. It will boost up body temp and also morale.

Date: November 09, 2015 12:02AM

Thanks guys. I have yoga three times a week, and I try to practice at home the other days. I've had a hard time with modivation and energy lately though, so I haven't done as much. I need to get back into that for sure.

I will try the tea idea for sure. It's one thing I didn't realize how much I missed since going 100% raw.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 09, 2015 12:36PM

Bikram Yoga is great for warming up! or sometimes you can find Hot Yoga classes too, same temp, different variety of poses.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables