Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sun-ripened garden bananas
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 06, 2015 06:56PM

I have talked about my garden banana plants before, so here I am sharing them with you.

My tablet lost power in the middle, so I ended up making a part 2 and then I forgot to say something, so there was yet a third video. I never intended to actually make 3 videos!

I don't share my banana plant stories in the videos, so I will repeat them here.

The first story is that we had these banana plants for years, and they never produced fruit. One day at the farmer's market, a farmer was selling banana plants and guaranteed that they would produce bananas in the first year. I didn't have much space left to plant, so I figured I would remove the existing banana plants and plant these new ones. About a week went by (not more than two weeks for sure) and when I was finally ready to go buy those new banana plants, suddenly I saw 4 banana plants producing flower buds. IT wasn't just one...it was FOUR plants! That was a lot after no plants had produced before.

I can't tell you exactly what took place. All I know is that there were no flower buds whatsoever when I decided to remove those plants and the day that I decided to buy the new ones, there were four flower buds. They had just started to emerge, but it was enough for me to know what was going to transpire from there, and we ended up getting delicious bananas.

I have come to believe in plant telepathy, as shared in the book, The Secret Life of Plants. My intention was to remove every single last existing banana plant and to plant the new ones. As Cleve Bakster showed via polygraph tests, plants can telepathically sense if a human is going to hurt them.
[en.wikipedia.org]

So, I can only surmise that the plants knew I was going to remove every last one of them and so started to produce fruit, as a way to stop me. Also, from the perspective of pain, by not producing fruit, the plant can live longer. Once the plant has produced fruit, the stem will eventually die. Because banana plants are plants and not trees, after one bunch of bananas has been produced, the stem [the "trunk"] will easily decay, break in the wind and die eventually but I have never seen a banana plant die naturally before producing fruit. SO by not producing fruit all those years, they got to live that much longer.
Ever since they started producing fruit, they have kept producing every year.

Garden banana plants
(just shows my plants and some ripe and unripe bananas hanging from the plants)
[www.youtube.com]

P.S. my youtube name is temporary

Sun-ripened banana fruit (part 2)
(upclose look at sun-ripened garden bananas)
[www.youtube.com]

Using bananas instead of capsules for bitter herbs
(Why swallow herbal capsules when you can mash the powdered herbs into ripe banana or other ripe fruit and compares sizes of garden vs. store bananas)
[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables