Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sugar dangers by brian clement
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 15, 2015 12:00AM

Brian's brain seems to be starved for sugar.

[www.onegreenplanet.org]

"Sugar in any form, be it from honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, corn syrup, xylitol, yacon syrup, evaporated cane juice or crystals, fructose, dried fruit, fresh fruit or its juices, etc., fulfills sugar addictions and fertilizes both physical and emotional disorders. "

"Most grievous is our consistently confirmed finding that all sugars – including fructose (fruits, carrots, beets and their juices) and all other lethal sugar substances – attract and feed every known disease. As the overall body erodes from this consumption, the central effect is, sadly, on one’s immunity. Because the pancreas (sugar regulator) and spleen (cell developer) work hand in hand, fewer and weaker cells are developed when any form of sugar saturates the bloodstream. Over the years I have spent hundreds of hours viewing microbes and mutagens on Petri dishes. Whenever I added any form of sugar, be it fructose, sucrose, dextrose, etc., every disease was stimulated and grew. In America alone there are more than 15 million Type II diabetics, and the number grows at alarming rates each year. This epidemic cannot be quieted until we change our diets and eliminate any form of sugar."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sugar dangers by brian clement
Date: November 15, 2015 12:59AM

[www.mindbodygreen.com]

not only does he contradict himself, but even if we grant that what he really means is "When too much is consumed, it pours into the blood stream and starts to erode the healthy cells."

without defining that amount, his prescriptions are less than useless and purposely vague so as not to be held to account, as well as him not having fed sprout juice to cells to see what happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 01:07AM by fresh.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 15, 2015 02:39AM

So what does he say we should eat

Date: November 15, 2015 09:27AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what does he say we should eat

The best foods of course, ie, sprouts, seaweeds and algaes.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: November 15, 2015 01:02PM

Something is not right in the no fruit claim.
Sprouts are healthy for sure and I do eat them but
they are not naturally palatable, you have do something else with them to eat them.
The same for seaweeds, you could not just get them from the sea and eat them.
Nature would be inefficient if people could not survive on local foods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 01:06PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: November 15, 2015 02:07PM

<<<Something is not right in the no fruit claim.
Sprouts are healthy for sure and I do eat them but
they are not naturally palatable, you have do something else with them to eat them.
The same for seaweeds, you could not just get them from the sea and eat them.
Nature would be inefficient if people could not survive on local foods.>>>

We don't have a Symbiotic Relationship with Sprouts, but we do have a Symbiotic Relationship with Fruits!!!

Date: November 15, 2015 06:58PM

I never used to be able to eat bananas once before l started practising qi gong, but now l can tolerate bananas easily. Actually, yesterday I ate bananas all day because I was busy doing qi gong activities and needed a quick and easy meal.

So...why did l used to react to bananas and feel full of sugar and toxic? Could it be the fructose as some suspect? We can't be sure at this point until science is developed more. None-the-less, l do feel the sugar from sweet fruits like bananas and watermelon used to have a negative effect on me, so....the question is not just the total amount of sugars, it could well be the type of sugars in my view.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: November 15, 2015 07:12PM

>>We don't have a Symbiotic Relationship with Sprouts, but we do have a Symbiotic Relationship with Fruits!!!

True and children know that very well.

They can teach us a lesson we adults.
If you leave an apple and some sprouts on a table the child will pick the apple.
He knows instinctively it is food for enjoyment in eating.

Mommy has to "prepare" the sprouts with some dressing and salt for the child to be forced to eat.

Everything is about balance, some fruits and some sprouts and greens.
It is irresponsible to write or say that fruits are bad for human consumption.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 07:13PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: November 15, 2015 07:23PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> I never used to be able to eat bananas once before
> l started practising qi gong, but now l can
> tolerate bananas easily. Actually, yesterday I ate
> bananas all day because I was busy doing qi gong
> activities and needed a quick and easy meal.
>
> So...why did l used to react to bananas and feel
> full of sugar and toxic? Could it be the fructose
> as some suspect? We can't be sure at this point
> until science is developed more. None-the-less, l
> do feel the sugar from sweet fruits like bananas
> and watermelon used to have a negative effect on
> me, so....the question is not just the total
> amount of sugars, it could well be the type of
> sugars in my view.

As usual u fail to consider the dynamic nature of your body and logic compels us to point the finger at the body and not the fruit because of your own testimony that u just gave

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 15, 2015 11:19PM

great article
thanks
especially liked him listing off some specific examples of the sea veggies etc. in the second article though first article was good too

speaking of... what are the fruits that have the highest nutritional profile with the lowest glycemic index that are not hybridized

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 18, 2015 06:59AM

Some scientists (I think it's scientists; maybe a doctor) say that sprouts should absolutely never be eaten raw. Something to do with anti-nutrients needing to be removed by heating. Sad, but true. I blanch mine (lentils) for a few seconds to be on the safe side. That way, they retain their crunchiness and good qualities but become easier to digest. And tastier. Apparently some sprouts are almost poisonous uncooked, not to mention ghastly in taste.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 19, 2015 12:34PM

fresh Wrote:
>
>
> "Most grievous is our consistently confirmed
> finding that all sugars – including fructose
> (fruits, carrots, beets and their juices) and all
> other lethal sugar substances – attract and feed
> every known disease."

This makes me ponder quite a bit. Obviously I'm not as much of an expert in all this as Brian is, and I really respect his opinion - but - if you come from the assumption that 'disease' is the body's way of rebalancing and healing itself, then it would make sense that it would use sugar to fuel this.

I've never had such a strong immune system as I do now; I rarely get sick, and yet I eat quite a bit of fruit. Not lots, compared to an 8/1/1er - but it does make up a fair proportion of my daily diet.

I have been thinking quite a bit about this subject lately as I was reading the latest Hippocrates mag. I sometimes think I should try to cut down on fruit, but I just don't feel so good when I do. It's the million-dollar rawfood question really isn't it - do we get the bulk of our calories from fruit or fat?

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 19, 2015 05:09PM

I've never had such a strong immune system as I do now; I rarely get sick, and yet I eat quite a bit of fruit. Not lots, compared to an 8/1/1er - but it does make up a fair proportion of my daily diet.

I feel good when I have a bit of fruit or sugar. It's all in the dosage. Too much or too little of a basic substance is going to weaken you down the line, I think.

Mother's milk is sweet (have a baby and take a little taste - you will see for yourself). That is where we get our desire from, a desire that is not meant to be obliterated, but to be understood and indulged intelligently.

Mature human milk (not the colostrum): 3%--5% fat, 0.8%--0.9% protein, 6.9%--7.2% carbohydrate calculated as lactose

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: November 22, 2015 01:18AM

You people have been eating to many bananas! and therefore have gone bananas.

Date: November 27, 2015 01:52AM

Maybe we should look at what our closest relatives (chimpanzees, orangutans and gorillas) in the animal world eat.

Gorillas
About 86% of their diet is leaves, shoots, and stems, 7% is roots, 3% is flowers, 2% is fruit, and 2% ants, snails, and grubs.

Orangutans
Over 60% of their diet is fruit (based on averaging thousands of observations), they are considered frugivores; however, orangutans also will eat young leaves (approximately 25% of their diet), flowers and bark (approximately 10%) and insects, mainly ants, termites, pupae, and crickets (approximately 5%).

Chimpanzees
Bulk of the chimpanzee’s diet is made up of plant foods including fruits, seeds, nuts, leaves and flowers, they will also eat insects and even larger animals that they have hunted and killed themselves.

None is pure vegan. They eat leaves and flowers. Even the Orangutans who eat fruits mostly eat young leaves and flowers. The fruits we are eating are not ripe, nourishing, with way too much sugar.

Date: November 27, 2015 03:19AM

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 28, 2015 12:57PM

<<True and children know that very well.

They can teach us a lesson we adults.
If you leave an apple and some sprouts on a table the child will pick the apple.
He knows instinctively it is food for enjoyment in eating.>>

Yeah but if you place a candy bar and an apple on the table, guess which one the child will pick? lol smiling smiley

<<Mommy has to "prepare" the sprouts with some dressing and salt for the child to be forced to eat.>>

It could be just another ingredient in the salad that you eat. Throw in some tomatoes, avo and a squeeze of lemon and you are good to go ..no need for dressing even.

I wouldn't worry if a child eats some alfalfa and pea sprouts. It won't hurt him as much as the daily dose of halloween fare that he gets bombarded with everywhere , every day.

Though... I do agree that generally children have an innate sense of what is good.They are born with natural intelligence. It has just been corrupted with all the junk out there.

Date: November 28, 2015 01:04PM

>Yeah but if you place a candy bar and an apple on the table, guess which one the child will pick?

You are missing the point, we are comparing raw food to raw food, in this case sprouts to apples.

We all know processed food is deceiving, it is full of ingredients and flavors to make us eat it, and eat it without stopping.

We have watch wild animals like bears come into cities and people homes and eat cakes and cookies because of the flavor. Yet these processed foods are less nutritious than the greens and flowers they have in the wild.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2015 01:14PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: November 28, 2015 07:29PM

I think we're most like bonobos of we are trying to link ourselves to the animal kingdom, which is probably a ludicrous activity...

The bonobo is an omnivorous frugivore; 57% of its diet is fruit, but this is supplemented with leaves, honey, eggs,[54] meat from small vertebrates such as anomalures, flying squirrels and duikers,[55] and invertebrates.[56] In some instances, bonobos have been shown to consume lower-order primates.[57] Some claim bonobos have also been known to practise cannibalism in captivity, a claim disputed by others.[58][59] However, at least one confirmed report of cannibalism in the wild of a deceased infant was described in 2008.[60][61]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables