Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Re: lentil sprouts vs bananas
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: November 19, 2015 06:08PM

jt wrote:

<<<Who gave blanket recommendations?>>>

DG

<<<Please provide evidence to back up your claim that anything over 30% fat is potentially dangerous.>>>

We’ve gone over this before and you NEVER answered my questions so that you could finally figure all of this out for yourself!

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: for the nutrient police
Posted by: John Rose
Date: June 23, 2014 08:34PM

Why can’t YOU have an honest discussion?

I asked you 9 very simple questions about how many Total Calories, Fat Calories and Carbohydrates Calories YOU burn on 3 different Activity Levels and what was your response?

“Those are all dependent on the individual.”

YOU are the Individual in Question!!!

The reason why you haven’t Answered my 9 Questions is because YOU don’t Know the Answer and, therefore, you cannot define what you mean by “EXCESS SUGAR”!!!

<<<Prove what is "excess" protein.>>>

Once again, why can’t YOU have an honest discussion?

It’s just as easy to guesstimate the amount of Excess Protein as it is to guesstimate the amount of “EXCESS SUGAR”!!!

Once again, don’t miss out on this Opportunity to learn - Answer my 9 Questions!!!

#1) How many Calories do you burn a day when you are Inactive?

#2) How many Fat Calories do you burn a day when you are Inactive?

#3) How many Carbohydrate Calories do you burn a day when you are Inactive?

#4) How many Calories do you burn a day when you are Moderately Active?

#5) How many Fat Calories do you burn a day when you are Moderately Active?

#6) How many Carbohydrate Calories do you burn a day when you are Moderately Active?

#7) How many Calories do you burn a day when you are Most Active?

#8) How many Fat Calories do you burn a day when you are Most Active?

#9) How many Carbohydrate Calories do you burn a day when you are Most Active?

Peace and Love..........John

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: for the nutrient police
Date: June 23, 2014 10:07PM

JR wrote:

"If I do not consume at least 300 grams of sugar every day from the FOOD that we are Biologically DESIGNED to Eat, I'll risk losing some of my Lean Body Mass."

jt wrote:

“What is this based off of? What evidence do you have that we need those quantities of sugar each day?”

As you can see, YOU asked me for Evidence and it’s obvious to me that it’s almost impossible for some people to learn anything unless they figure it out for themselves and once again, I wanted to give you an opportunity to learn because you seem to be one of these types of people who cannot learn anything unless they figure it out for themselves.

Here are a couple more Questions for you…

Let’s just assume that YOU are burning 2,500 Calories a day.

How many of these Calories are from Fat and how many of these Calories are from Carbohydrates?

Now let’s assume that YOU are burning 3,000 Calories a day.

How many of these Calories are from Fat and how many of these from Calories are from Carbohydrates?

In case you cannot figure out what I’m trying to get you to understand, how many grams of Carbohydrates/SUGAR are in 1,000 Calories, how many grams of Carbohydrates/SUGAR are in 1,200 Calories, how many grams of Carbohydrates/SUGAR are in 1,250 Calories and how many grams of Carbohydrates/SUGAR are in 1,500 Calories?

Once you realize how many Calories of Carbohydrates/SUGAR you are burning every day, you’ll then realize that Fruit is the best way to replenish those Calories.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

<<<Also please show that the amount of lean body mass lost, if any, has any negative health effects.>>>

Yes, by all means, let’s all wither away because our Lean Body Mass is NOT important!!!

Once again, I stand on what I wrote above…

As long as we are Eating ~2 pounds of Leafy Greens every day, there is NO need to consume chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds, sprouted lentils and bee pollen!!!

Ketosis is ONLY an Emergency Mode that should ONLY be used in Emergency Situations!

<<<Ketosis is NOT Ketoacidosis.>>>

[plantpositive.squarespace.com]

Have you read this article?

You will NOT find Ketoacidosis anywhere in this article!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2015 06:15PM by John Rose.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 19, 2015 07:12PM

hat nutrient police thread just reminds me how much I miss smart people who used to be here like Matt.

"Re: for the nutrient police

Posted by: mattscr ()

Date: June 24, 2014 08:48AM

>SueZ
>I have found out for myself that you sure have got that right.
>Luckily I switched from a hclf raw vegan diet to a hflc raw vegan
>diet a little over a year ago and not only am I starting to look
>better I am also physically stronger with more >muscle mass
>even though there has been no change in my exercise routine
>over the past few years.
>I average 67.7% of my diet in lipids each day.
>My intake of carbs >averages 90.3 grams a day
> - 22.3 grams of sugar.

Good that you saw some sense and got off the very high carbohydrate diet. My fat intake is about 35-40% of calories at the moment. About 10-12% is usually from protein; and then carbs for the rest (mostly vegetables and some fruit).

If you're interested in how sugar affects ageing and lifespan, you ought to look up a researcher called "Cynthia Kenyon" - she identified genes involved in ageing that affect ageing from tiny organisms like C.elegans, dogs, and even humans.

You should take a look at David who is 55 in this video:

[www.youtube.com]

He's 57 now and still looks amazing for his age. He focuses more on vegetables and only eats some fruit, not a huge amount.

Also, I wrote a review of a couple studies not long ago - and it does pertain to this discussion as each study had different designs: one study was high sugar and the other very low.
[www.crvitality.com]"

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: November 19, 2015 07:35PM

"As you can see, YOU asked me for Evidence and it’s obvious to me that it’s almost impossible for some people to learn anything unless they figure it out for themselves and once again, I wanted to give you an opportunity to learn because you seem to be one of these types of people who cannot learn anything unless they figure it out for themselves."

"Yes, by all means, let’s all wither away because our Lean Body Mass is NOT important!!!"

John, I'm asking you for evidence to back up your claim that anything over 30% fat is potentially dangerous and will result in losing lean body mass. Not calculations, but actual scientific evidence.

"As long as we are Eating ~2 pounds of Leafy Greens every day, there is NO need to consume chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds, sprouted lentils and bee pollen!!!"

No need as in what, meeting the RDA for overall protein intake?

"You will NOT find Ketoacidosis anywhere in this article!"

Really? Because I just did...

"These ketone bodies are acidic, which is why when you read the research conducted by the low carb gurus they supplement with sodium and other minerals. Without this addition, the blood may become dangerously acidic."

He also claims "So far in my examination of low-carb diets I've shown you that they are nutritionally deficient, metabolically damaging, and unlikely to produce weight loss"... more hogwash. He also never defines "low-carb".

Date: November 19, 2015 08:18PM

Hey jt,

Ketosis is NOT how we are designed to operate.

Ketosis is the Back Up System for Emergencies.

If Ketosis is how we are designed to operate or what we’re supposed to be doing, what’s the Back Up System for Ketosis?

THERE IS NONE!!!

By the way, the “Evidence” you are looking for is in the “Calculations” and if you do NOT do the “Calculations,” you will NEVER figure it out.

Why do you think our so-called Experts have NOT figured out how many Carbohydrates are ESSENTIAL?

It’s because none of them have done the Calculations!

So if you want “Scientific Proof,” do the Calculations!!!

WARNING!!!

This requires the ability to have an Original Thought?

Have you ever had an Original Thought?

Here’s your chance!!! smiling smiley

Date: November 19, 2015 08:43PM

"If Ketosis is how we are designed to operate or what we’re supposed to be doing, what’s the Back Up System for Ketosis?"

I never claimed that ketosis is what we're designed or supposed to be doing, it's simply the metabolic process of burning fat for fuel and nutritional ketosis doesn't have any harmful physiological consequences compared to glycolysis. Furthermore, you can eat more than 30% fat and NOT be in ketosis. So again, where is your evidence that anything over 30% fat is potentially dangerous and will result in losing lean body mass? Also, what constitutes as "excess" protein?

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:55AM

Horsea Wrote:
> Lentils can be grown in most parts of North
> America. And processed and placed in the stores.
> All Joe Plumber/Vegan has to do is add water and
> watch them sprout. As for hempseed, it is legal to
> grow it in Canada, from where it is shipped to
> stores all over the USA and available on the
> internet. I order a partly defatted hemp product
> in the form of flakes. I think it's pretty raw,
> as far as I know. In any case, it is way better
> than those oily "hemp hearts". It is criminal that
> we can't grow non-marijuana hemp in our own back
> yards, gather the seeds and sprout them.
>
> No wonder our societies have gone utterly to the
> dogs. Sprouting a locally grown legume is hard
> work! LOL!

The problem is not that sprouting is hard work. Sprouting is easy but it is not intuitive to societies. It does not come natural to them, you have to search for that solution because you had problem with your health.

> From my knowledge, the best vegan sources of amino acids are chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds, sprouted lentils and bee pollen.

Societies should be able to survive on local foods, not far away supplies of hemp seed or chlorella.

Joe The Plumber The Vegan should be able to feed his families with local food he can grow from the supplies of seeds that are available natural to his society, he does not need to consult the oracle to find a divine answer.

This is a better solution:
"As long as we are Eating ~2 pounds of Leafy Greens every day, there is NO need to consume chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds, sprouted lentils and bee pollen!!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 01:05AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 20, 2015 02:28AM

There is some discussion here about foods that raise blood sugar and other foods that lower it. The propaganda coming from the meat-centered paleo diet promoters is that it is some sort of calamity to consume anything that might raise your blood sugar. LOL! We need both kinds of food and drink: if we are hungry and working hard or have just completed a marathon of running (or productive labor smiling smiley ) well, our blood sugar might be draining too fast; that is why we go for a sweet drink or fruit or something like that.

Years ago, I read a long article in a health magazine by a respected health writer/researcher. He said that after all is said and done - wait for it - hypoglycemia is a worse affliction than untreated Type 2 diabetes. How 'bout them apples! Too-low blood sugar can make you act and feel crazy, including an appearance of mental illness, rage, argumentativeness, etc. It can be a complex disease in some cases and not easily cured.

"Hypoglycemia, without proper snack and meal placement, also encourages overeating when food is available. This overeating can result in unwanted weight gain because the increased levels of insulin circulating in the blood usher that excess energy (glucose) from the extra food into the fat cells where it is stored as fat. Even though the effects (weight gain) of this process may be undesirable, this is a beautiful and savvy compensatory mechanism that has helped us survive. Much of human history is a story of feast or famine; excess calories are a luxury in evolutionary terms."

Date: November 20, 2015 04:01PM

Hey jt,

Why can’t you have an honest discussion?

I will no longer waste my time with you and if I ever reply to any of your comments, it will be for the benefit of others.

Unfortunately, you and temp have a lot in common.

Date: November 20, 2015 04:30PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey jt,
>
> Why can’t you have an honest discussion?
>
> I will no longer waste my time with you and if I
> ever reply to any of your comments, it will be for
> the benefit of others.
>
> Unfortunately, you and temp have a lot in common.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Let's do a little recap of our discussion:

-You claim that "anything over 30% Fat is potentially dangerous because we can Lose Lean Body Mass when Gluconeogenesis kicks in and Ketosis is ONLY an Emergency Mode that should ONLY be used in Emergency Situations!", and fail to provide any evidence while not understanding that one can eat more than 30% fat and not be in ketosis.

-You link an ignorant article about ketosis under the assumption that you're providing evidence against nutritional ketosis claiming that "You will NOT find Ketoacidosis anywhere in this article!", even though the article mentioned exactly that. It's clear that you were clueless about the difference between ketoacidosis and nutritional ketosis.

-You claim "The only other way to protect their Lean Body Mass is to Consume Excess Protein and Consuming Excess Protein is NOT Safe!!!" while not even being able to demonstrate what "excess" protein is.

-You claim "As long as we are Eating ~2 pounds of Leafy Greens every day, there is NO need to consume chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds, sprouted lentils and bee pollen!!!" and then ignore my question on what you mean by "NO need".

Farewell!

Date: November 20, 2015 06:31PM

<<<Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 12:23PM by organic1.>>>

temp is back!!!

Date: November 20, 2015 07:15PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> John Rose Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey jt,
> >
> > Why can’t you have an honest discussion?
> >
> > I will no longer waste my time with you and if
> I
> > ever reply to any of your comments, it will be
> for
> > the benefit of others.
> >
> > Unfortunately, you and temp have a lot in
> common.
>
>
> Thanks, I appreciate it!
>
> Let's do a little recap of our discussion:
>
> -You claim that "anything over 30% Fat is
> potentially dangerous because we can Lose Lean
> Body Mass when Gluconeogenesis kicks in and
> Ketosis is ONLY an Emergency Mode that should ONLY
> be used in Emergency Situations!", and fail to
> provide any evidence while not understanding that
> one can eat more than 30% fat and not be in
> ketosis.
>
> -You link an ignorant article about ketosis under
> the assumption that you're providing evidence
> against nutritional ketosis claiming that "You
> will NOT find Ketoacidosis anywhere in this
> article!", even though the article mentioned
> exactly that. It's clear that you were clueless
> about the difference between ketoacidosis and
> nutritional ketosis.
>
> -You claim "The only other way to protect their
> Lean Body Mass is to Consume Excess Protein and
> Consuming Excess Protein is NOT Safe!!!" while not
> even being able to demonstrate what "excess"
> protein is.
>
> -You claim "As long as we are Eating ~2 pounds of
> Leafy Greens every day, there is NO need to
> consume chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds, sprouted
> lentils and bee pollen!!!" and then ignore my
> question on what you mean by "NO need".
>
> Farewell!

Good recap.

Date: November 20, 2015 07:26PM

Even though we've had our disagreements, I like temp and agree with much of what he says except the idea that vegans cannot be healthy and thrive without supplementation. He has shared valuable information, just tends to be confrontational, much like John Rose and fresh on occasion. I truly think John Rose suffers from grandiosity. I can read him like a book, but he has no idea.

Date: November 20, 2015 08:11PM

organic1 Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Even though we've had our disagreements, I like
> > temp and agree with much of what he says except
> > the idea that vegans cannot be healthy and
> thrive
> > without supplementation. He has shared valuable
> > information, just tends to be confrontational,
> > much like John Rose and fresh on occasion. I
> truly
> > think John Rose suffers from grandiosity. I can
> > read him like a book, but he has no idea.
>
> Thanks, i have been enjoying your posts recently
> too. Im glad you mentioned elevated homocysteine
> in the other thread about the vegan restaurant
> owner who had a stroke despite being a young
> vegan. I was hoping someone would mention
> hyperhomocysteinemia as a potential cause when i
> read that thread.
>
> Hyperhomocysteinemia due to vitamin b12 deficiency
> would have been my first thought for any vegan who
> is having heart attacks and strokes far too young.
>
>
> Something fully raw Kristina is likely to
> encounter soon based on her poor blood test
> results. Hopefully Kristina manages to correct
> her diet before it leads to any further metabolic
> disorders or the development of cardiovascular
> disease. Not that Kristina's self-confessed diet
> mentor John Rose cares at all about her health ?
>
> Vitamin B12 deficiency + hyperhomocysteinemia
> really is one of the most serious issues for those
> trying to follow raw vegan diets.
>
> The majority of the scientific research indicates
> that most vegans have sub-optimal vitamin b12
> status and many suffering from elevated
> homocysteine levels, a proven factor in
> cardiovascular disease development.

Many vegans are low in B12, that is true, but it's not just vegans. Many meat-eaters are low in B12 as well. Even farm animals need B12 supplements, which may explain how their consumption can raise B12 levels in humans in some cases. So really it's still via supplementation.

A common misconception is that vegan diets CAUSE B12 deficiency when in the majority of cases it's CAUSED by bodily damage, including the lack of ability to produce intrinsic factor (pernicious anemia), low levels of stomach acid, digestive disorders, pancreas malfunction, and low levels of probiotics. Excessive alcohol use, antibiotics, and Helicobacter pylori can also lead to B12 deficiency.

Here's an interesting study:

[ajcn.nutrition.org] - "Among non-supplement-users, there were significant differences between those who consumed fortified cereal >4 times/wk (12%) and those who consumed no fortified cereal (23%) and between those in the highest and those in the lowest tertile of dairy intake (13% compared with 24%, respectively), but no significant differences by meat tertile."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 08:12PM by jtprindl.

Date: November 20, 2015 08:21PM

Date: November 20, 2015 08:25PM

It's really not a bad idea for everyone on any diet to take B12 supplements as insurance these days. For one thing the integrity of our food supply and the soils they have grown have been breached to the root.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 20, 2015 08:26PM

Orangic 1 wrote:

Vitamin B12 deficiency + hyperhomocysteinemia really is one of the most serious issues for those trying to follow raw vegan diets.

Tai:
I wouldn't say raw vegan, but vegan in general. In fact, Organic1, those two conditions are not that uncommon in meat eaters, which is why meat eaters get treated with nearly the same supplements as vegans in the supplement world. I see it all the time in the functional medicine world. Supplements are just part of today's modern life for both vegans and meat eaters alike. I recently bought the line of Bs from premier research labs, which Gabriel COusens recommends. Supposedly the bs are not synthetic and natural and in liquid form. As a liquid, I am seeing better compliance with stubborn vegans, but the meat eaters are taking them in the same way too and they are very affordable compared to HHI's line.

Organic 1, be at peace. It turns out vegan is doable and can be affordable.

Date: November 20, 2015 08:36PM

[hippocratesinst.org]

LifeGive™ B-12 Forte is a soil-based dietary supplement recommended for everyone. Vitamin B-12 is an essential vitamin, especially for those with a low RBC (Red Blood Cell) count. B-12 increases hemoglobin (iron) levels in the blood and provides energy. LifeGive B-12 Forte may also be helpful with Gastro-Intestinal disorders.

The Vitamin B-12 found in LifeGive™ B-12 Forte is bacteria formed from Saccharomyces cerevisae. This is the best known vegetarian source of Vitamin B-12.

Date: November 20, 2015 08:41PM

Organic 1, I just said that the b vitamins are not synthetic and they are also not expensive either. I looked for real and not synthetic bs and I found them and everyone can afford them.

I will get more info on the science and post it, because I agree the synthetic kind is not so great.

Date: November 20, 2015 08:51PM

As I mentioned, I will not waste my time with jt anymore, so this post is for the benefit of those who are interested in learning that Ketosis is an Emergency Back Up System and NOT meant to be our Body's Preferred Fuel Source as some people FALSELY believe!

JR wrote:

"If Ketosis is how we are designed to operate or what we’re supposed to be doing, what’s the Back Up System for Ketosis?"

jt wrote:

<<<I never claimed that ketosis is what we're designed or supposed to be doing, it's simply the metabolic process of burning fat for fuel>>>

As I have pointed out numerous times, Ketosis is a Back Up System and is only used when we are Water Fasting or Eating the Wrong Food! In other words, we are NOT designed to use “Ketones for Energy” unless something is WRONG!!! Healthy people should NEVER have to use this Emergency Back Up System and if we are, something is WRONG!!!

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Is the 80-10-10 diet too extreme for most people?
Posted by: jtprindl
Date: October 12, 2014 07:13PM

JR wrote: "The less calories you consume the less FAT you can eat in order to keep your Carbohydrate Fuel Tank Full!"

jt wrote: Unless, of course, you are burning ketones for energy, which for the majority of people is the body's preferred fuel.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

let’s recap what jt wrote…

“I never claimed that ketosis is what we're designed or supposed to be doing”

“Unless, of course, you are burning ketones for energy, which for the majority of people is the body's preferred fuel.”

As every one can see, it is impossible to have an honest discussion with jt just like it’s impossible to have an honest discussion with temp aka Orangic 1 and the fact that Sue Schadenfreude is on jt’s and temp’s side should make all of us pause and reflect!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 08:56PM by John Rose.

Date: November 20, 2015 09:02PM

Lou corona was found to not suffer from B-12 deficiency after many years on the vegan diet, even though he never supplemented. That speaks highly of his diet and how he cleansed his body. Some of the probiotic bacteria increase B-12 and he eats a lot of vegan yogurt.

Date: November 20, 2015 09:13PM

Here’s another recap from above...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Scientific Proof Carbohydrates Cause Disease
Date: October 29, 2014 04:04PM

jt wrote:

<<<Interestingly, there's zero essential dietary carbohydrates.>>>

If you understood more about how the body works, you would know why our so-called Experts have NOT come out with a number for Essential Dietary Carbohydrates and that's because it's a fairly complicated and Individual Calculation.

Unfortunately, you, jt, will never figure it out unless you read it from someone else and I maybe one of the few people who truly understand this complicated process and that's only because I spent over 1,500 hours perfecting a very complicated mathematical process to monitor Caloric Activity.

In other words, it's very difficult to give general guidelines for Essential Dietary Carbohydrates because they vary so much from Individual to Individual and from day to day and since we do have an Emergency Back Up System, our so-called Experts are just as CLUELESS as YOU, jt!!!
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Once again, let’s recap what jt wrote…

“I never claimed that ketosis is what we're designed or supposed to be doing”

“Unless, of course, you are burning ketones for energy, which for the majority of people is the body's preferred fuel.”

So in one breathe jt says, “I never claimed that ketosis is what we're designed or supposed to be doing” and in the next breathe jt insists that "burning ketones for energy is the body's preferred fuel.”

Date: November 20, 2015 09:15PM

As I mentioned above, the “Evidence” that jt is looking for is in the “Calculations” and if you do NOT do the “Calculations,” you will NEVER figure it out.

Why do you think our so-called Experts have NOT figured out how many Carbohydrates are ESSENTIAL?

It’s because none of them have done the Calculations!

So if you want “Scientific Proof,” do the Calculations!!!

Date: November 20, 2015 09:21PM

Organic 1/temp/powerliar/chris wrote:

“My raw intake is probably about 20% raw these days which comes mostly from fruit.”

So tell me Chris, why do you come to a Website that promotes Raw Vegan Food when you don’t live this way and don’t encourage others to live this way, which is the PURPOSE of this website?

The only logical explanation that I can come up with is that there’s either something wrong with you or you are paid to do so.

This is a Raw Vegan Website, so why are you here?

Date: November 20, 2015 09:25PM

"jt wrote: Unless, of course, you are burning ketones for energy, which for the majority of people is the body's preferred fuel."

John, that thread is more than a year old but even in that thread I still never claimed that ketosis is what we're designed or supposed to be doing. Looking back on it, I don't think the body necessarily has a preferred fuel source but is versatile and can burn both carbohydrates and fat for energy.

Calculations =/= evidence

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 09:26PM by jtprindl.

Date: November 20, 2015 09:44PM

jt reminds me of doctors when they say that diet has nothing to do with disease and yet, they don't study food and at the same time they admit that they don't know the cause of disease.

jt says that the calculations that I'm asking him to perform have nothing to do with the evidence and yet, jt has NOT done the calculations and at the same time is asking me for evidence that our so-called Experts don't understand because they too have NOT done the calculations.

Once we do the calculations, then we can see how eating too much Fat under some circumstances can be dangerous. Of course, jt thinks it's OK for the body to cannibalize itself and, therefore, is NOT dangerous.

As long as we FALSELY believe that's it's OK for the body to routinely cannibalize itself, we will NEVER understand the "potential" dangers of Eating too much Fat under certain circumstance.

Remember, there is more confusion in the field of Nutrition than there is on any other subject and anyone who relies on "scientific evidence" is in a horrible dilemma. Indeed, we must do our own research and learn to think Outside the Box if we ever want to make any sense out of all of this conflicting information!

Date: November 20, 2015 09:59PM

organic1 Wrote:
> Instead of worrying about how little raw food i
> ate 3 years ago John.
>
> How about you tell me why despite scientific
> research in the posts above clearly concluding
> that the diet you recommend which contains more
> than 60% of total calories from
> sugar/carbohydrates causes elevated triglyceride
> levels, a proven reliable indicator of predicting
> increased cardiovascular disease risk.
>
> But thats not all, Kristina also has low HDL(good
> cholesterol) and high VLDL levels, another two
> proven factors that increase development of heart
> disease.
>
> At the end of the day, you claim Kristina is your
> friend and that you are her diet mentor/teacher.
>
> Your dietary advice has already flagged a number
> of abnormal lipid and cholesterol blood test
> results, are you even going to bother explaining
> why Kristina is seemingly well on her way to
> developing heart disease despite only being in her
> 20s and claiming to follow a fully raw plant based
> diet ?
>
> Your going to end up killing Kristina with your
> dangerous dietary advice and your only concern is
> with how little raw food i ate 4 years ago, which
> shows that you are beyond deluded at this point
> John.
>
> For Kristina's sake i hope she wakes up that you
> don't have a clue what your talking about, a
> self-credited fake wannabe guru, before she ends
> up the next young vegan to have a heart attack or
> stroke as the result of these dangerous high
> sugar, low fat natural hygiene vegan diets.
>
> The proof is in the pudding as they say.

I thought Kristina was mainly a dg follower. Is she still taking any dietary advice from jr or was that just at the very beginning before she found dg?

Date: November 21, 2015 02:59AM

Organic 1, you are totally out of line to say those bad things about John Rose. It's okay to have different views, but it's not okay to say such extreme things about Fullyrawkristina, who everyone knows has a lot of money to see really good doctors and have many expert medical opinions. At the end of the day, it is her choice and she has done wonders for her body, partly due to getting the finest quality produce because cost is not an issue for her. She is clearly under a doctor's care, so you shouldn't say such things about John.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 21, 2015 03:17AM

I can't believe that Chris is back!

Hope you're doing well.

jtprindl referenced hhi response:
>HHI: Brian Clement doesn't "bash fruit" in fact two days a week we have an extensive fruit buffet at the institute, however people with certain health challenges do not improve when they eat foods with high sugar content and it is usually best if these people stay away from fruit and high starch food items.

1. Brian does in fact bash fruit in many ways

2. Brian has not provided ANY EVIDENCE that people with certain health challenges don't do well on fruit. NONE.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 21, 2015 03:36AM

>>>>How about you tell me why despite scientific research in the posts above clearly concluding that the diet you recommend which contains more than 60% of total calories from sugar/carbohydrates causes elevated triglyceride levels, a proven reliable indicator of predicting increased cardiovascular disease risk.

Chris, you tend to make claims from studies that are cooked. provide evidence for the above statement on an all raw diet.

Date: November 21, 2015 06:30AM

"Once we do the calculations, then we can see how eating too much Fat under some circumstances can be dangerous."

That's not what you originally claimed, you claimed that anything over 30% fat is potentially dangerous and can result in a loss of lean body mass while stating that the only way to avoid this is eating excess protein even though you don't have the slightest clue as to what "excess" is. Obviously there are circumstances where one can eat too much fat.

You also think that nutritional ketosis is the same as ketoacidosis and "ONLY an Emergency Mode that should ONLY be used in Emergency Situations", both of which are false. Nutritional ketosis is simply the metabolic process of burning fat for fuel and doesn't have any harmful physiological consequences compared to glycolysis.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - Very-low-carbohydrate diets and preservation of muscle mass - "Although more long-term studies are needed before a firm conclusion can be drawn, it appears, from most literature studied, that a VLCARB is, if anything, protective against muscle protein catabolism during energy restriction, provided that it contains adequate amounts of protein".

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - "These results indicate that aerobic endurance exercise by well-trained cyclists was not compromised by four weeks of ketosis. This was accomplished by a dramatic physiologic adaptation that conserved limited carbohydrate stores (both glucose and muscle glycogen) and made fat the predominant muscle substrate at this submaximal power level."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 06:39AM by jtprindl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables