Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
response from B.C. !
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 24, 2015 12:45AM

so exciting winking smiley

hard to believe he gets enough calories eating this....

My typical daily diet consists of distilled water, a large amount of various sprouts eaten as salad 2x per day, organic almonds, wheat grass juice 2x per day as well as green juice (celery, cucumber, sprouts) 2x per day. I fast one day each week on Wednesday and take supplements (living food) to support my health. I do not eat cooked foods except maybe a raw vegan cereal once in a while if I am hungry. I eat fruit (apples/tomato/raspberries, strawberries, pears only one day per week and it is a sensible serving.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: response from B.C. !
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 24, 2015 03:12AM

Brian Clement responded to you, fresh?

Brian's diet has changed. When he travelled and even when he was home, he would eat up to 20% cooked daily in the past. It sounds like he eats less fruit now, too.

Date: November 24, 2015 03:19AM

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian Clement responded to you, fresh?
>

yes

> Brian's diet has changed. When he travelled and
> even when he was home, he would eat up to 20%
> cooked daily in the past. It sounds like he eats
> less fruit now, too.

> per week and it is a sensible serving.

I guess what I am eating is a senseless, silly , foolish amount of fruit tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 24, 2015 06:43AM

we don't know the quantity of the juice so while it's possible it would be a lot of juice

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 24, 2015 12:10PM

I guess he figures if he can still get away with calling himself a PhD he can get away with all lesser lies, too. What's most sickening is - the grande charade is still working in 2015.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: November 24, 2015 07:21PM

Sprouts can be rich in calories depending on what type of sprout it is. Sprouted seeds (including quinoa, amaranth, teff, buckwheat) and lentils are dense sources of calories and so are almonds. The word "sprout" doesn't only apply to micro-greens. He could make caloric-dense salad dressings out of sprouted seeds. The green juices with cucumber and celery could add up too. Not saying he doesn't eat more than what he listed, but many sprouted foods are rich in calories.

Date: November 24, 2015 09:36PM

I think i've heard Brian say he can often eat one meal per day which is a salad which consists of greens and poppy seed sprouts, sesame seeds sprouts, chia seed sprouts, sunflower seed sprouts and hemp seed sprouts.

I recall him saying he can be 100% raw for months at a time, and occasionally he may have a steamed bit or brocolli or Yam etc.

If he has fruit juice he has it about 80% water because he seems to beleive fruit juice and fruit should be strictlylimited.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: November 25, 2015 12:51AM

When he travelled and spoke in California, a couple of times he said his diet was 80% raw, because he wanted flexibility when going to vegan restaurants. But he always made sure he would get his daily green juice and his daily sauna. That was for travelling, but even at home, he said they cooked. But it's nice to hear that he is totally raw for months.

HOw does he eat all those seed sprouts? Does he make a pate or just chew?

Date: November 25, 2015 02:16AM

Tai Wrote:

> HOw does he eat all those seed sprouts? Does he
> make a pate or just chew?

Hi Tai,

actually he eats 6 different types of seed sprouts on the salad. He has them every night according to my notes.

- poppy
- sesame
- chia
- sunflower
- flax
- hemp (a powder)

He has them on his salad, so l believe he eats them. I recall he sprinkles them on his salad, but I am guessing he may make a paste with one or two of them. I checked my files for the video and found out it has been deleted from youtube. Such a pity, it always put a smile on my face when he would mention it. smiling smiley
[www.youtube.com] (mentioned it between 8:19 – 8:35 in the video).

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 02:20AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 25, 2015 03:57AM

Does his chia and flax look like yours that he eats? Does he eat chia and flax microgreens or sprouts?

Date: November 25, 2015 07:02AM

Tai Wrote:
> Does his chia and flax look like yours that he
> eats?

I haven't seen pictures of Brian's sprouts, but they probably would be like mine. 3 - 4 days growth is ideal for flax sprouts. About 2 days in warm weather is ideal for chia sprouts, ort 3 - 4 days in colder weather. The key is to keep the sprouts meaty with tails that aren't too long.

> Does he eat chia and flax microgreens or
> sprouts?

Always the sprouts.

Chia microgreens are greatly superior imo, but they are labour intensive. See...they grow on cloth for 2 weeks and the roots turn brown, so l assume there is undesirable bacteria on the roots so l always spend time (labour intensive) to cut the roots off the chia grass and just juice the green part. This saves the juice from turning an ugly muddy brown and gives a nice healthy looking dark green colour to the juice. I remember having a large glass of chia microgreen juice each day for months and l felt absolutely amazing and in the best spirits of my entire life. I never felt the cold like l normally do either. It rained all winter and l saw no sun, yet the chia grass juice made me feel like l was in paradise.

Flax grass doesn't give much juice, but flax sprouts are better. They need to be crispylikelettuce.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: November 25, 2015 03:46PM

I Agree !!!

(And I just saw a sasquatch walking down the street, which turns out to be just as likely as organic1 and I agreeing)

organic1 Wrote:
> There is no way though based on Brian's body
> composition, that he is eating just one meal a day
> as described above, also coupled with a fasting
> day once a week also i.e no or little caloric
> intake.
>
> If he was only eating this one meal of sprouts a
> day, it would yield a very nutritionally
> incomplete and deficient diet anyway. No amount
> or variety of sprouts can yield a nutritionally
> complete diet on their own.
>
> Do any of these raw food guru's actually know how
> to construct a nutritionally complete and balanced
> diet ? It seems not one of these guru's can form
> a basic healthy diet even for themselves, which is
> beyond worrying at this point.
>
> Also celery juice contains about 5.5g of sugar per
> cup, so if he's drinking as much of this green
> juice and deriving alot of his calories from this
> juice as people are claiming, then chances are
> Brian gets alot more sugars in his diet than he
> believes.
>
> No point villifying the sugars in fruit, when your
> getting 20-30g+ of simple sugars from 2x large
> green juices daily, also without the fiber, which
> naturally slows down the absorption of sugars.
>
> If we can't eat a piece of fruit because its got
> too much sugar fueling disease, then why can we
> drink a green juice that may end up having equal
> sugar content or more ?

Date: November 25, 2015 06:59PM

organic 1 wrote:
If we can't eat a piece of fruit because its got too much sugar fueling disease, then why can we drink a green juice that may end up having equal sugar content or more ?

Tai:
Greens have more protein and the general idea is that protein lowers glycemic value when combined with sugar. That's my guess. Also the sugar is a bit different, glucose vs. fructose.

In this sharing, people claim their blood sugar reduced with wheatgrass juice, even though it's so sweet:
[grassfactor01.businesscatalyst.com]

irganic1 wrote:
If he was only eating this one meal of sprouts a day, it would yield a very nutritionally incomplete and deficient diet anyway. No amount or variety of sprouts can yield a nutritionally complete diet on their own.

tai:
oh my gosh, sesame and poppy have amazing nutrition. An ounce of each is super packed. Brian eats a lot of algaes and seaweeds daily. That's a given. he always says that. just because he didn't write it in his answer to Fresh, doesn't mean he stopped.

It sounds to me like Brian has a slow metabolism and always has.

If anyone is going to have a nutritionally complete diet, I trust Brian would. He eats lower fat to pack in more nutrients. (The only thing is that some question whether algaes are truly vegan). He wrote a super quick response to Fresh. Now he is more available to answer questions on webinars.

Date: November 25, 2015 07:56PM

organic1 Wrote:

> The fact that all 3 of you who have asked Brian
> his diet, have got 3 different answers to what he
> eats doesn't give me much confidence.

Really? It give me a great deal of confidence that he's still a liar.

Date: November 25, 2015 08:09PM

Brian Clement wrote "typical" daily diet. Typical is not exact. And typical would be more current. He is not going to share what he ate typically two years ago. ANyway, he has been honest about his weight issue and it's no wonder that he would experiment with his diet.

Date: November 25, 2015 08:44PM

organic:
Again irregardless, if that is a sample typical daily diet for BC, then i suspect if you were to run it through a nutritional calculator it would be deficient and lacking in a whole host of basic essential nutrients and total calories.

Tai:
Brian takes a lot of supplements, so I doubt he is short of any nutrient on a daily basis.

I don't know why he has a weight issue. Ever since he was obese in his youth, he has to watch his weight. Also he is on the short side, so he is going to need less food than a tall man. Despite his posture, Brian seems incredibly healthy for his age. Also almonds can be fattening, if you eat enough of them.

Date: November 25, 2015 08:45PM

"Again irregardless, if that is a sample typical daily diet for BC, then i suspect if you were to run it through a nutritional calculator it would be deficient and lacking in a whole host of basic essential nutrients and total calories."

How? Sprouted seeds are some of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet and certainly aren't low in calories. What nutrients do you suspect he would be deficient in?

Date: November 25, 2015 11:26PM

"The real question is to how much sprouts he's eating daily. BC says a large amount as a salad 2x a day, so that would probably be 800 calories if were being generous. So low on the total calorie side of things."

Well I could easily come up with a sprout-based diet high in calories...

1 cup sprouted quinoa (salad dressing) - 625 calories
1 cup sprouted amaranth (salad dressing) - 716 calories
1 oz. raw almonds - 163 calories
1 oz. sprouted chia - 137 calories
.5 cup sprouted lentils - 337 calories

Total equals 1978 calories and that's without any micro-greens, juices or anything else. Again, sprouts are not limited strictly to micro-greens. He has stated in the past that he eats five different types of algae's, two of which are undoubtedly chlorella (rich in vitamin A) and E3 Live (rich in B-vitamins).

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: November 26, 2015 02:35AM

If a diet is relying so much on supplements then it is not an optimal diet especially when you are a raw food guru

Date: November 26, 2015 02:37AM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> If a diet is relying so much on supplements then
> it is not an optimal diet especially when you are
> a raw food guru

There's a difference between using supplements for general enhanced health and using them because your diet isn't providing enough nutrients.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: November 26, 2015 02:45AM

Why wouldn't the food we eat enhance our health ?

Date: November 26, 2015 03:06AM

commonsenseraw wrote

If a diet is relying so much on supplements then it is not an optimal diet especially when you are a raw food guru

Tai
I think it's okay. let's say that horsetail is a real and viable food and he can promote it as a food, but then for convenience sake, he instead uses Biosil for silica. But then one of his followers might use horsetail and another bamboo. Brian Clement isn't just a guru. He has 4 kids, a health spa, books to write, legislation to consider, the latest science to read. Supplements are just part of the busy lifestyle of traveling and being on the go.

Date: November 26, 2015 06:09AM

organic1 Wrote:
> Tai Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Brian Clement wrote "typical" daily diet.
> Typical
> > is not exact. And typical would be more
> current.
> > He is not going to share what he ate typically
> two
> > years ago. ANyway, he has been honest about
> his
> > weight issue and it's no wonder that he would
> > experiment with his diet.
>
> Again irregardless, if that is a sample typical
> daily diet for BC, then i suspect if you were to
> run it through a nutritional calculator it would
> be deficient and lacking in a whole host of basic
> essential nutrients and total calories.
>
> How come he has a weight issue in the first place
> eating such few calories and fasting often ?
>
> If he was living and eating the diet that he
> claims, he would be very ripped and very lean in
> regards to bodyfat percentages.

I recall Brian saying he does blood spectra testing and occasionally he comes up short on B vitamins when he has extra stressful work loads.

Btw, l disagree with most things said here so l have largely decided to lurk quietly behind the scenes.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 06:11AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 26, 2015 06:31AM

organic1 Wrote:

>Vitamin K doesn't seem to be listed in any great quantity
> for sprouted legumes/seeds,

Various sprouted greens more than makes up for that. Perhaps the world's highest source is Daikon Radish microgreens...the amounts are so high that one is recommended to juice these things sparingly.

>Vitamin A also seems to be low,

Algaes are key here to get that extra top up unless you have kale sprouts. I think sunflower greens also have good amounts.

>sproutarian man has already shown us that such diet is very high in copper/low >in zinc by comparison,

Brian takes heaps of chlorella each day and l doubt he would have a problem with this because he would definitely go a long way into rebalancing the zinc - copper ratio because chlorella is low in copper and far higher in zinc (it's the best rebalancer). Also remember, there are more things that influence this ratio than just copper - zinc such as using iron and vitamin C to reduce copper absorption to bring zinc more into balance with copper etc. Other nutrients also effect the ratio.

>lacking in iodine(if sea vegetables
> aren't consumed), low in selenium by the looks of
> it and low in sodium.

He'd be getting good levels of selenium from the sprouted seeds and various other things. I always got over 100% rda, but l had to be mindful of it.

>
> I assume sufficient ALA intake would be met for
> adequate DHA, depending on which sprouts you
> consume, maybe you or sproutarian man will know
> more there though ?

No time to go into detail, but Brian should be o.k. He uses hemp, chia and flax and would be mindful of a good balance etc, so l think he would be o.k. He would be getting good levels of fatty acids.

>
> But really only 2 large salads worth of various
> sprouts, loads of other nutrients bound to be low,
> even the likes of calcium and iron, b-vitamins,
> which are supplied in good quantities by sprouts.

Hmmm.

Truly, l don't buy into this RDA talk, but l will play along for the sake of discussion here.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 06:33AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 26, 2015 07:31AM

ORganic1
enough of the speculation. Without exact measurements, you have no clue if the diet is deficient in calories.

Also tons of vegetation and roots have beta carotene, which converts to vitamin a.

One reason people listen to Brian is because he is very youthful for his age and so is his brain. I would not be here if it wasn't for Brian Clement and Lou COrona, who gave me faith back in raw food.

And ORganic1, I find the omnivore diet a dead end with today's pollution and contamination. Some people pull it off, but it's a risky game.

Of all the raw food teachers, Brian focuses on nutrient density. YOur hypothetical examples are not necessary when you can get hard core facts. I will go on to his next webinar and ask questions. ENough speculation.

By the way, Lou COrona does not consume any algaes whatsoever.

Date: November 26, 2015 01:32PM

If I am recalling rightly, a long time ago, online, I recall reading posts of people talking about his sprout based diet. Someone who said they worked for him at HHI prepping food said they never personally witnessed him eating.

Has he ever put up on youtube one of those "what I eat in a day" videos? Has anyone actually seen him eat one of these humungous sprout meals? Does he eat them exclusively in his private quarters?

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 26, 2015 07:43PM

We keep reading from these gurus how nutritious chia seeds, flax seeds, wheatgrass, sunflower greens and many other raw veggies are and yet, they go and supplement their diet.
Something is not computing right.
Maybe they are not eating those nutritious sprouts or the sprouts are not really nutritious as they claim.
If I am that healthy I should be able to go without these foods while I am on the road travelling for few days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 07:49PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: November 26, 2015 10:00PM

SueZ Wrote:
> If I am recalling rightly, a long time ago,
> online, I recall reading posts of people talking
> about his sprout based diet. Someone who said they
> worked for him at HHI prepping food said they
> never personally witnessed him eating.
>

If he often eats one meal per day l guess he doesn't need to eat at HHI. I think l read somewhere he didn't eat the meals at Bostom HHI either.

None-the-less, he does drink two green juices per day for extra nutrition and have 5 different types of algaes and do all sorts of health procedures.

Here is the big question....do all people require certain levels of calories? According to HHI and Brian, they do not. They basically call it the `calorie myth' in one of their books. Brian has basically said he eats very little, less than most people.

There seems to be a bunch of people who do eat low calorie diets that would defy the standard science, so are these people liars? I am not so sure. Science is not so comprehensive, so there may be something to it. Hey, there may be some mechanism some people have where human bodies can utilise lower calories that science hasn't recognised yet! It's not a good idea to be closed minded on the subject of calories yet, because we can't be sure at this point of time.

Here is an interesting read. I am not saying l subscribe to this view, but l do feel the calories theory is not as solid as it could be at this point in time.

Calorie Theory Deeply Flawed
[rawschool.com]

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2015 10:02PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 27, 2015 01:30AM

One of the best lunches of all - the powerhouse lunch

- Fermented sprouted sunflower seeds (the king of bioavailable and gross nutrition levels)
- dulse
- hydrilla

Naturally l always use a layered approach to eating. ie,algaes first, seaweeds second and the heaviest seed meal last. Works like a treat. If l mess up the order chaos occurs.

Fills me up all day for about 6 hours. That is what raw food is really about to me...filling up and not needing to eat for many hours. Maybe you can eat this for breakfast and go all day and then top up with some fruits in the afternoon. Easy.

Sunflower is excessively high in vitamins, and has high amounts of minerals, especially when sprouted in mineralised water and used as a ferment. Poppy and Sesame are excessively high in minerals with high amiunts if vitamins.

Check 100 gram lots for the following seeds.Remember these values willbe much higher for vitamins and minerals when sprouted under certain conditions.

Spices, poppy seed
[nutritiondata.self.com]

sesame seeds, whole, dried
[nutritiondata.self.com]

sunflower seed kernels, dried
[nutritiondata.self.com]

Screen print each chart and compare the values to each other on a word doc. I calculated the non sprouted seed rda % for each seed and got these results:

Poppy= 114 vitamin %, 882 mineral %
Sesame = 157 vitamin %, 730 minerals %
Sunflower = 466 vitamin %, 498 minerals %

Now, all we need to do is use these seeds as the main meal base for the day and add in things around it to balance out the meal. When you add in juices etc and ferment you get mega nutrition!!!

I have over 100 grams of seeds each day and sprout which reduces fat levels by about 25% and also ferment on various days which further reduces gross fat levels and increases fatty acid levels (pre digested fats). An amazing way to do things, and eating at the highest level. Then all one has to do is add fruits or whatever they please around the sprouted seed/algae/seaweed base and they are home and hosed!

My main foods are fermented sprouted sunflower seeds and/or sprouted chia sprouts with rejuvalic. That is the back bone these days. Since doing Qi Gong l don't need the amount of greens like l used to,nor do l need to drink the water l once needed. My diet is different now...very very simple.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 01:34AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 27, 2015 06:21AM

Sproutarian, so you eat 100 g of seeds daily which are then sprouted?
Sometimes I have wanted to eat one ounce of sesame and one ounce of poppy daily, but I wondered if that was too much.

I like this recent lecture by Brian:

Dr. Brian Clement on "Dairy Deception" @ The Rawloween event in the HHI - Oct. 31,2015 ( Part 1 )
[www.youtube.com]
Dr. Brian Clement on "Dairy Deception" @ The Rawloween event in the HHI - Oct. 31,2015 ( Part 2 )
[www.youtube.com]

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables