Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: response from B.C. !
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 27, 2015 08:25AM

Organic1, remember I said he is kind of on the short side. He needs less food than a taller person.

He lifts weights, so he is strong. His brain is healthy. He is succeeding at slowing down the aging process. Why not look at the positive things he has done with his body?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 27, 2015 08:50AM

So many posts on what Brian Clement eat or does not eat.
Why does not he share in details his average daily diet plan?
When you are a raw health guru you want people to follow your example.
Should it be a secret?
organic1 may have a point on his body structure and the diet. They dont seem to fit for someone on sprouts. He may be eating other things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 08:55AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: November 27, 2015 08:58AM

But in other posts it said that he takes supplements. which are they?

Posted by: bluespixie ()
Date: November 27, 2015 10:42AM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My typical daily diet consists of distilled water,
> a large amount of various sprouts eaten as salad
> 2x per day, organic almonds, wheat grass juice 2x
> per day as well as green juice (celery, cucumber,
> sprouts) 2x per day. I fast one day each week on
> Wednesday and take supplements (living food) to
> support my health. I do not eat cooked foods
> except maybe a raw vegan cereal once in a while if
> I am hungry. I eat fruit
> (apples/tomato/raspberries, strawberries, pears
> only one day per week and it is a sensible
> serving.

That sounds depressing.

I don't see how you can just eat anything like salads/juices on a long term raw food diet and assume your nutritional intake is adequate. It's madness. Unless a raw food guru wants to do a public daily food diary with their RDA percentages, I figure they're either lying about what/how much they eat or are just starving themselves.

If I ate like that, within a week I would have zero energy to exercise.

Date: November 27, 2015 11:07AM

organic1 Wrote:

> One things for sure though sproutarianman, if
> Brian was eating the low calorie diet like you
> guys believe, he simply wouldn't have the
> body-composition that he does.

Some of the people that are supposed to be the lowest calorie diets are some of the heaviest built people. Some people know what lam talking about. I kid you not. But lets not get into that discussion here.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: November 27, 2015 11:31AM

Tai Wrote:
> Sproutarian, so you eat 100 g of seeds daily which
> are then sprouted?
> Sometimes I have wanted to eat one ounce of sesame
> and one ounce of poppy daily, but I wondered if
> that was too much.

It is fine. Remember that Lou has been has been known to eat two cups of nuts a day, but don't forget he is fermenting those so the fat content is much lower,and the concentrated protein content is also much lower. It's not a problem.

I have over 1 cup of sprouted sunflower seeds every second day,and when sprouted it makes a much larger volume,and when fermented it is half a blender full of fermented sprouted seed.

On alternative days lalso have 3/4 of a cupof chia which l then sprout. I have less chia because the percentage increase after sprouting is much larger than sunflower so it becomes more bulky.

One of the ideal seeds to sprout is sunflower because the bulk is minimised so it means you can consume more nutrition and calories and top it up and balance it out with other things. And when you ferment it, it is even easier to consume in larger amounts because the macro nutrients are broken down so well and it takes less chewing and slides down the throat without the really rich fatty tastes. Instead it has a tang to it and is more like fruit on steriods.

If you ferment sunflower or almonds until mold starts to form on the top, after the mold is removed it will make the best tasting yogurt or milk. It takes like a delicious apricot-like tasting yogurt. No need to worry about the mold growing in the ferment because that is impossible because it is too acidic, so if you remove it from the top and clean the side of the jar it will be fine/safe. The ferment might smell bad on the top because of the mold and rot on top because it is in contact with the air, but when the mold is removed from the top you will get that nice yogurt smell that will tell you it is perfect for consumption, BUT if it smells rotten after removing the mold, throw it out! I'll have to do a video or photo essay on that. In cooler weather you can have two days leeway for the ferment with mold on top, but in hotter weather you may only get one day leeway before it starts to rot all through.

I always add hydrilla to the sunflower meal because sunflower is extremely high in phosphorus and low in calcium. It rebalances the ratio.

>
> I like this recent lecture by Brian:
>
> Dr. Brian Clement on "Dairy Deception" @ The
> Rawloween event in the HHI - Oct. 31,2015 ( Part 1
> )
> [www.youtube.com]
> Dr. Brian Clement on "Dairy Deception" @ The
> Rawloween event in the HHI - Oct. 31,2015 ( Part 2
> )
> [www.youtube.com]

Thanks Tai, i'll watch those videos in coming days.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 11:38AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 27, 2015 04:52PM

Organic 1
He looks to be the same height as myself, around 6 foot.

Tai:
No one would call 6 foot short.
No, he is short, okay.
I don't know his height but maybe 5"5". Maybe he was taller once upon a time, but he is a little stooped now.

He needs fewer calories.

To reiterate, Brian looks incredible for his age. And he has great brain health.

Date: November 27, 2015 06:50PM

Organic 1 wrote:
The sample diet that Brian Clement provided would be lucky to achieve 1000 calories

Tai:
Enough with this. Brian did not say how much of each that he eats. If Brian ate 100 g of almonds, which for many men, such a small amount would be considered a snack, that's already almost 600 calories.

Let's reiterate what BC told fresh:
"My typical daily diet consists of distilled water, a large amount of various sprouts eaten as salad 2x per day, organic almonds, wheat grass juice 2x per day as well as green juice (celery, cucumber, sprouts) 2x per day. I fast one day each week on Wednesday and take supplements (living food) to support my health. I do not eat cooked foods except maybe a raw vegan cereal once in a while if I am hungry. I eat fruit (apples/tomato/raspberries, strawberries, pears only one day per week and it is a sensible serving."

Also, it is a GIVEN, ad nauseum, that he takes his daily algaes and seaweeds. He has repeated himself innumerable times, he didn't have to repeat it to Fresh. Also, his fast is never with water. His fast is with green juices. His green juices could be rich in beta carotene. You don't know until you ask.

He never said the weight of the sprouts, so stop speculating. He didn't say how many almonds, so stop speculating.

also he said "large amount" of sprouts 2 x day. As JTp said, it would be easy to get 2000 calories.

I am sure where he is, there is just a ton of food around him. I am sure it would be hard to resist overeating and with his size, it would be easy to gain weight. SEeds are calorie dense and easy to fit a ton in your stomach. It would be easy to gain weight if you eat too much.

Almonds are a sure way to gain weight on top of a seed diet, in my opinion and also from my experience, because of the fat content.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 27, 2015 06:53PM

it's organic1's job description to guess wildly about other people and act as if it were fact.

although i personally think brian eats more cooked than he let on with his answer about what he would eat typically, I wouldn't presume to make any declarations such as organic1 makes in every post.

Date: November 27, 2015 07:07PM

Organic1 wrote:
I don't view Brian as having contributed anything positive either, because like most other strict raw food gurus the negatives from him far outweigh any positives in his teachings, when there is no balance.

Tai:
That's really mean to say. He is one of the best raw vegan speakers out there.
First of all, he is not strict. He said 80% raw and 20% cooked is okay. He says a larger percentage of cooked stresses the immune system. So, he is teaching a principle rather than trying to imprison people into a diet that is impractical. And he is teaching how to heal the body vs. just maintain it. He doesn't treat raw like a religion.

Brian is not perfect and he has made mistake and he doesn't know everything. But where would we be without him? At least he is practicing what he preaches and he is farther ahead than most. I want to learn from someone who has slowed down aging vs another raw teacher who has sped it up.

Date: November 27, 2015 07:24PM

you deleted your response, so I deleted mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 07:26PM by Tai.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: November 27, 2015 07:42PM

Tai wrote:

<<<Enough with this.>>>

Hey Tai,

As you can see, it's impossible to have an honest and intelligent discussion with organic1 (and I know because I've tried on countless occasions) and that's because oganic1 is ???

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 27, 2015 08:35PM

organic1 Wrote:
> Tai Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tai:
> > That's really mean to say. He is one of the
> best
> > raw vegan speakers out there.
> > First of all, he is not strict. He said 80%
> raw
> > and 20% cooked is okay. He says a larger
> > percentage of cooked stresses the immune system.
>
> > So, he is teaching a principle rather than
> trying
> > to imprison people into a diet that is
> > impractical. And he is teaching how to heal
> the
> > body vs. just maintain it. He doesn't treat
> raw
> > like a religion.
> >
> > Brian is not perfect and he has made mistake
> and
> > he doesn't know everything. But where would we
> be
> > without him? At least he is practicing what he
> > preaches and he is farther ahead than most. I
> > want to learn from someone who has slowed down
> > aging vs another raw teacher who has sped it
> up.
>
> Where would we be without the pseudo-science and
> all the fake studies from HHI that nobody has ever
> seen lol.

As KFCA noted PubMed has not one even one study of Brian Clement's despite all his claimed research and due diligence.

Is he really only 5'5"? He must only have been photographed with other really short people or wear elevator shoes or something. Who knew?

While I was looking through some images of him on google I noticed that he has a whole new upgraded (very expensive version) of teeth than he used to have and was born with. Things like that make a significant difference in how old a person looks.

Date: November 27, 2015 09:08PM

To me Brian Clement and Gabriel Cousens are two giants of the raw food life style.
Their contribution is huge.
People who are constantly negative about issues or other people have themselves issues in their personal lives and they need a way to push them out to others.

Date: November 27, 2015 10:21PM

The Sproutarian wrote:
If you ferment sunflower or almonds until mold starts to form on the top, after the mold is removed it will make the best tasting yogurt or milk.

Tai:
On top of what? ON top of the creamed yogurt or on top of the whole fermented seeds? Are they fermenting inside or outside of the refrigerator.

I guess the one advantage of using a probiotic is that the yogurt making process is greatly accelerated to finish in one day, so mold would not be an issue.

Date: November 27, 2015 10:30PM

In my experience the mold is on top of the fermented seeds and fermentation takes place outside of the fridge. The longer the ferment the more mold you may get.

Once the yogurt is made, you can refrigerate it not before.

Date: November 28, 2015 12:32AM

video of brian in ny.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 28, 2015 04:54AM

this guy says 1qt of green juice (sprouts, cukes, celery, etc) is 750 calories

brian said he drinks 2 qts a day in another video which would be 1500 calories

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 28, 2015 07:13AM

<<<this guy says 1qt of green juice (sprouts, cukes, celery, etc) is 750 calories>>>

I don't have any numbers for sprouts, but 1qt of cucumber & celery juice all by itself in a 50:50 ratio is only 169 calories. 1qt of sweet potato & apple juice in a 50:50 ratio is 860 calories.

Date: November 28, 2015 08:14AM

John wrote
1qt of sweet potato & apple juice in a 50:50 ratio is 860 calories.

Tai:
Is sweet potato really that dense with calories?
I saw that a quart of apple juice is just under 480 calories. Maybe it depends on the juicer and the strainer.

Date: November 28, 2015 02:30PM

Tai wrote:

<<<Is sweet potato really that dense with calories?
I saw that a quart of apple juice is just under 480 calories. Maybe it depends on the juicer and the strainer.>>>

According to Dr. Walker's Tables, a quart of apple juice is ~640 calories and a quart of sweet potato is ~1080 calories. 640 + 1080 = 1720 / 2 = 860.

You make a good point about the juicer and since Soil Fertility determines EVERYTHING and since the Calorie Theory has many Flaws, I don't put too much stock in most Nutritional Tables, but that's all we got and they can still be extremely useful.

Date: November 28, 2015 10:25PM

Too bad for him non-doctor Walker didn't have access to the internet. He could have learned that a quart of 50/50 apple/sweet potato juice is more like 500 calories.

Don't know what john rose's excuse is.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: November 29, 2015 12:04AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Sprouts can be rich in calories depending on what
> type of sprout it is. Sprouted seeds (including
> quinoa, amaranth, teff, buckwheat) and lentils are
> dense sources of calories and so are almonds. The
> word "sprout" doesn't only apply to micro-greens.
> He could make caloric-dense salad dressings out of
> sprouted seeds. The green juices with cucumber and
> celery could add up too. Not saying he doesn't eat
> more than what he listed, but many sprouted foods
> are rich in calories.

Agreed jtprindl. We don't know what he eats, and please use some common sense, Brian eats plenty. He also has weight issues and probably don't need as many calories as some. Especially sense his body is now using foodstuff WAY more efficiently than any of us here. He is in a constant state of detox, meaning he is constantly keeping his body clean of toxins, and therefore probably works quite well on a low calorie diet. Trust me, I see him and his wife at the grocery store shopping all the time, hehe, and you know I take a peek at what they are purchasing lol. Also when you have access to GOOD juice with fatty acids included all day long if wanted, this type of nutrition is highly absorbable. When I was at hhi, there were people there just fasting on juice, and saying "I don't even feel hungry" Of course some of these people were not sick, and just there to support others, or for a healthy retreat.

Date: November 29, 2015 12:32AM

superjuice wrote:
probably don't need as many calories as some. Especially sense his body is now using foodstuff WAY more efficiently than any of us here

Tai:
THat's what I was thinking because Brian said at some point, one wouldn't need digestive enzymes to digest all the roughage of a raw vegan diet, but at first, one does. So, he made it sound like he has great digestion.

Date: November 29, 2015 12:52AM

Tai Wrote:
> superjuice wrote:
> probably don't need as many calories as some.
> Especially sense his body is now using foodstuff
> WAY more efficiently than any of us here
>
> Tai:
> THat's what I was thinking because Brian said at
> some point, one wouldn't need digestive enzymes to
> digest all the roughage of a raw vegan diet, but
> at first, one does. So, he made it sound like he
> has great digestion.

That is why I do not understand this Lou Corona insistance on digestive enzyme even in between meals.

Should he be healed by now?

Should not the body recover after years of healing or are we perpetually sick because the soil is depleted of enzyme?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 12:53AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: November 29, 2015 12:54AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
>
>
> That is why I do not understand this Lou Corona
> instance on digestive enzyme even in between
> meals.
> Should he be healed by now?
> Should not the body recovers or are we perpetually
> sick because the soil is depleted of enzyme?

pursuit of money corrupts the truth

Date: November 29, 2015 01:02AM

Yes Yes it is the money, he needs to make profit
I totally forgot that part.

Date: November 29, 2015 01:04AM

Lou COrona and Brian Clement have slightly different views on digestive enzymes.

Brian Clement says that he doesn't need them anymore to digest his rough food, but he takes them for anti-aging.

Lou's goal always is to make the food as easy to assimilate as possible to spare the body.

If someone cannot afford his stuff, there are really cheap digestive enzymes out there. He is teaching a basic message. People can buy the stuff from a plethora of places.

The one thing those two men have in common is slowing the aging process down.

Date: November 29, 2015 06:58AM

>Brian Clement says that he doesn't need them anymore to digest his rough food, but he takes them for anti-aging.

It is so easy to make digestive enzymes at home with cultured cabbage.

I always thought that anti-aging is a by product of being healthy and that no special pills need to be taken just like a well maintained car will go for many miles and last longer.

I guess these health gurus do not really believe in the nutritional values of the foods they are advertising.

"Sprouts are full of super nutrients but I need digestive enzymes for anti aging"

Date: November 29, 2015 11:04AM

Tai Wrote:

> Brian Clement says that he doesn't need them
> anymore to digest his rough food, but he takes
> them for anti-aging.

Un effing believable. He's "cured" of what they were designed for but still needs to take them anyway for whatever's next in line on people's minds they need a cure for.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables