Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why are Triglyceride Levels Temporarily Higher on a Low Fat Diet?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: November 25, 2015 04:55PM

If we consume and expend 2,500 Calories a day and 45% of those Calories that we consume and expend are Fat, 45% are Carbohydrates and 10% are Protein, then it will take just over 12 hours to digest those Fats at a rate of 93 Calories an hour.

However, if we consume and expend 2,500 Calories a day and 45% of those Calories that we expend are Fat, but 90% of our Calories that we consume are Carbohydrates eaten in 2 meals, then it will only take about 4 hours to digest those 2250 Carbohydrates, 1125 of which are excess Carbohydrates.

So it takes ~12 hours to assimilate 1125 Calories of Fat (2,500 X .45) and it only takes ~4 hours to assimilate those 2250 Carbohydrates, 1125 of which are excess Carbohydrates that are converted to Fat and they are DONE so much quicker and easier than had we consumed Fat.

So why are Triglyceride Levels Temporarily Higher on a Low Fat Diet?

It’s because Carbohydrates, ESPECIALLY FRUIT, are easier and quicker to assimilate. Excess Carbohydrates are STORED as FAT FASTER than FAT is STORED as FAT and it is healthier to have Higher Triglyceride Levels on a Temporary basis than it is Lower Triglyceride Levels due to digesting Fat, which simply takes longer, unless these Levels are associated with Metabolic Syndrome, which is impossible on a relatively Low Fat Raw Vegan Diet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are Triglyceride Levels Temporarily Higher on a Low Fat Diet?
Date: November 25, 2015 06:26PM

YOU ARE A PROVEN LIAR and all you can do is make up STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS as I don't promote 80/10/10 Diet and you know it!!!

By the way, you can't EAT a High Fat, High Protein and High Sugar Diet all at the same time!!!

As Jeff Novich points out...

Insulin resistance (increased insulin levels) and metabolic syndrome are not caused by eating carbs (otherwise it would be epidemic in rural china and japan, though it is non existant there). The man who coined the term insulin resistance is named Gerald Reavan who is a researcher and MD at stanford. He has published over 500 studies, many of them on this very issue. He says that most all these books (the one you mention included) completely MISREPRESENT his research and his work. The cause of insulin resistance is mostly due to inactivity, obesity and overeating. This creates the condition known as insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome. The obesity and inactivity also cause the diabetes. Refined carbs can contribute, cause they are incredibly calorie dense and low in satiety and easy to overeat on and lead to obesity but not cause they are carbs. In fact, the current obesity epidemic in the US is more a result of inactivity and consumption of REFINED carbs then anything else.

YOU ARE ALSO A CON ARTIST!!!

Every time anyone PROVES you WRONG, you just keep on repeating the same old nonsense over and over.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: How NOT to be a Raw Food FAILURE...
Posted by: John Rose
Date: November 23, 2015 12:01PM

Sue Schadenfreude and the Lying Man aka organic1 are teaming up and are at it again, so it's time to be reminded on how these SICK Con Artists operate...

20) If anything goes wrong, deny, deny deny.

Con Tactic #6) 4 of 10 - [2 of 4 Diverting Attention]

Divert Attention. [JR: Sleight of Hand.**] [Dup - 4X]

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Same Old Song And Dance...

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 26, 2015 11:36PM

JR,

Thanks a lot for these posts JR

seems to explain a lot

Date: November 27, 2015 12:54AM

None-the-less, the issue l see with non fasting trigs is that if one eats fruit regularly all throughout the day these trigs may sustain at high levels for a long period of time and consequently could be problematic. This is the real issue as l see it.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: November 27, 2015 03:45PM

given a choice between someone telling me their extremely high fat diet gave them good lipid panels

and a guy that says his junk food diet gave him good lipid panels

I will take the position that the lipid panels don't mean much, especially if not very high and in conjunction with ldl

it's quite clear that there are no consistent results here.

i did read about a calcium scan that is allegedly more predictive

Date: November 27, 2015 04:49PM

organic1 is ranting illogically again.

kristina's results were not bad at all they are 10 pts over nonfasting state
ldl good
vldl calculated and therefore irrelevant

only in organic1's imagination does she have bad results.

not to mention when he says "that's exactly what's happening" he has no clue.

we do not know the TG levels throughout the day, whether they are rising and falling or what.

TG provide energy when needed so that one does not need to constantly eat as opposed to lower TG.

Tai has tried to tell organic1 that he assumes without knowing but he doesn't listen, although I do agree with him for the most part regarding brian clement.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

lowTG assoc with bad stroke results

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 27, 2015 06:01PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JR,
>
> Thanks a lot for these posts JR
>
> seems to explain a lot

Seems to to you but that just reveals that your level of understanding of the subject is even lower than john rose's is and that you are also still too lazy to study anything more deeply preferring, instead, to defer to his fractured fairytale version of reality as it's so very nice and familiarly comfy for you and your agenda.

Date: November 27, 2015 06:58PM

SueZ Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > JR,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for these posts JR
> >
> > seems to explain a lot
>
>
> Seems to to you but that just reveals that your
> level of understanding of the subject is even
> lower than john rose's is and that you are also
> still too lazy to study anything more deeply
> preferring, instead, to defer to his fractured
> fairytale version of reality as it's so very nice
> and familiarly comfy for you and your agenda.

I am hoping that you have some other audience in mind for these kinds of posts, as you must know by now that I give your opinions of this sort no credence. otherwise you're wasting quite a bit of energy that would be better suited to other endeavors.

Date: November 27, 2015 09:57PM

I think it is about time we posted a few studies and sorted some stuff out here. I said the things l did (above) for a reason...a new study seems to indicate that high levels of non fasting trigs ARE significant IF those levels are sustained over a lengthy period of time.

I want to get back to this topic because l find it very interesting, AND l will go over Christina's results with a fine tooth comb. It's actually a very big and complex subject.

I will be doing lots of research in the next few days so l various studies will be pulled out of my files and will post relevant ones here.

Anyway, why is Christina getting tested while not at fasting?

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: November 27, 2015 10:55PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

>
> Anyway, why is Christina getting tested while not
> at fasting?

I've asked that, too. No answer. If it was simply a miscommunication or an error why was there no follow up the next year?

Kristina states she is terrified of needles and loves sweet foods so chances are slim that she's bothered to monitor her blood sugar since then on her own.

Sadly, imo, rose's, fresh's, and kristina's doctor's response to her results are an absolutely typical reaction in allopathic medicine. When my bad lipid panel results came in I was the only one who was concerned about them.

Most M.D.'s see so many horrific blood tests every day that the less horrific, yet not optimal, results don't seem to register as a problem to them. It was not until I decided to see for myself what was going on by monitoring my blood glucose that it became clear that I was pre-diabetic. It's really sad, imo, that people just take the medical professionals word as God's usually. I can't help but think how many, many, people slip through the cracks and become diabetic when just a little more follow up on their own part could have allowed them to make adjustments in their diet to prevented further, maybe irreversible, damage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 10:57PM by SueZ.

Date: November 28, 2015 12:37AM

SueZ Wrote:

> Sadly, imo, rose's, fresh's, and kristina's
> doctor's response to her results are an absolutely
> typical reaction in allopathic medicine. When my
> bad lipid panel results came in I was the only one
> who was concerned about them.
>
> Most M.D.'s see so many horrific blood tests every
> day that the less horrific, yet not optimal,
> results don't seem to register as a problem to
> them. It was not until I decided to see for myself
> what was going on by monitoring my blood glucose
> that it became clear that I was pre-diabetic. It's
> really sad, imo, that people just take the medical
> professionals word as God's usually. I can't help
> but think how many, many, people slip through the
> cracks and become diabetic when just a little more
> follow up on their own part could have allowed
> them to make adjustments in their diet to
> prevented further, maybe irreversible, damage.

nothing wrong with her numbers.

you saying there is something wrong with her numbers does not make it so, it just means that you are biased as organic1 is. I am not sugarcoating her results. there are many different scenarios where i would say that test results were a problem if they were way off. not in this case. and not in harley's case. feel free to explain harley's numbers - if there is one person who should have high TG according to the theory he is it.

provide your test result numbers for comparison

Date: November 28, 2015 01:09AM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Anyway, why is Christina getting tested while
> not
> > at fasting?
>
>
> I've asked that, too. No answer. If it was simply
> a miscommunication or an error why was there no
> follow up the next year?
>
>
> Kristina states she is terrified of needles and
> loves sweet foods so chances are slim that she's
> bothered to monitor her blood sugar since then on
> her own.
>
> Sadly, imo, rose's, fresh's, and kristina's
> doctor's response to her results are an absolutely
> typical reaction in allopathic medicine. When my
> bad lipid panel results came in I was the only one
> who was concerned about them.
>
> Most M.D.'s see so many horrific blood tests every
> day that the less horrific, yet not optimal,
> results don't seem to register as a problem to
> them. It was not until I decided to see for myself
> what was going on by monitoring my blood glucose
> that it became clear that I was pre-diabetic. It's
> really sad, imo, that people just take the medical
> professionals word as God's usually. I can't help
> but think how many, many, people slip through the
> cracks and become diabetic when just a little more
> follow up on their own part could have allowed
> them to make adjustments in their diet to
> prevented further, maybe irreversible, damage.

One thing all the M.D.'s I personally know agree on is that it is not a good idea to eat a lot of sugar - especially in juice form.

I can't think of one good reason for people, especially those who are on high carb diets, to not keep track of their blood sugar. The kits are very inexpensive - especially on Amazon - and despite some people's childish panicky fear of needles it is really nothing.

For those who are interested in self testing for blood sugar levels the two times which are the most important for testing are first thing in the morning and 2 hours after a meal. These are the times your blood sugar should have had enough time to go back under 100. (As measured by the USA system.)

Date: November 28, 2015 09:50AM

"Yes, most of these doctors don't apper to be reading the medical journals and keeping up to date with the most recent findings.

Imo, being a doctor is not a 9 - 5 job because it involves keeping upto date with the latest findings, and that should mean spending lots of extra time reading the non bias studies in medical journals . Being a doctor is not a glamorous occupation, it is very hard work and should only be for those who are prepared to make the sacrifise. Many doctors disappoint me, and Christina's doctor raises questions in my mind whether he is keeping up to date with the latest research."

TSM, most M.D.'s work at least 1 1/2 times the hours as the average person does. They have to keep up with the latest in their own specialties and on top of that there are seminars, new equipment to learn, etc.. They don't usually read what we amateurs read because most of what we read is very unreliable. Most of them were the top in their undergraduate classes and worked hard their whole life so you really should give credit where credit is due them for that if you don't want to sound like a silly guy.

Kristina's doctor specializes in weight loss surgery so he's probably fully up to date on that kind of thing and one can only imagine what kind of horrible blood work he's used to seeing day in and day out when most of his patients are probably grossly, and life threateningly, obese. It's no wonder Kristina's looked good to him. On the other hand, yes, some of his comments on the video were absolutely ridiculously stupid.

Date: November 28, 2015 01:43PM

"I suspect the real interpretation of Kristina's results happened once the video was shut off however."

I wouldn't be surprised if that was her first and last patient appointment with him. He's a weight loss surgeon after all. They had a business partnership - at that time at least.

Date: November 28, 2015 05:03PM

organic1 rantsabout howbad the TG levels were
is informed that it was nonfasting
keeps ranting, no change

rants about vldl, finds out that it's calculated - still rants , no change

rants about hdl, finds out the purpose of hdl, still rants, no change

if i gave you an apple and you ate it and said how great it was
then later i told you it was made of plastic
would you keep eating the apple and tell me how great it is?

Date: November 28, 2015 05:35PM

fresh wrote:

<<<organic1 rantsabout howbad the TG levels were
is informed that it was nonfasting
keeps ranting, no change

rants about vldl, finds out that it's calculated - still rants , no change

rants about hdl, finds out the purpose of hdl, still rants, no change

if i gave you an apple and you ate it and said how great it was
then later i told you it was made of plastic
would you keep eating the apple and tell me how great it is?>>>

This is why I have labeled organic1/temp/powerLIAR/chris a DIS-HONEST SKEPTIC and a Con Man!!!

I have had countless discussions with this BOZO and he does this EVERY time!!!

For these reasons, I usually just IGNORE his Posts and only reply for the benefit of others.

"There is no sense in having an argument with a man so stupid he doesn't know you have the better of him." -John Raper

"On second thought, the surest sign that you haven't any sense is to argue with one who hasn't." -Laurence J. Peter

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." -Edward Gibbon

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument an exchange of ignorance." -Robert Quillen

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

“No one can make a convincing rational argument to counter and convince an opinion from irrational people.” -John Rose

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables