Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Article on Norman W. Walker in The Atlantic...
Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: November 27, 2015 07:32AM

magazine, formerly The Atlantic Monthly, by Sarah Laskow, which ran in their Nov. 20, 2014 issue. You can access it on line by its title "The Man Who First Juiced". His alleged "104" age takes you to a video interview at a farmer's market-type venue between Matt Monarch & a woman who said she was Walker's "waitress", although where & when is unclear.

BTW, his 118 years 4 months age seems to have been based ONLY on one photo taken of Walker & Dr. H. William Baum, a New York City chiropractor, in their later years whereon Walker wrote on the back that his "natal day" was "January 28, 1867"--- nothing more. I've seen a photo of the back of that photo, and Dr. Baum gives his correct birth date according to US Social Security records; not so our friend, Dr. Walker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Article on Norman W. Walker in The Atlantic...
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 27, 2015 08:25AM

[www.theatlantic.com]

He was juicing vegetables he grew from his own garden.
He was very much into colonics.

Date: November 28, 2015 07:19AM

The photo I mentioned that (allegedly) "proves" Norman Wardhaugh Walker's 118 year-old death age is apparently in the possession of Rev. Malkmus who runs a place called Hallelujah Acres. The story of how that possession came to pass is covered in his on-line article from 2011 entitled "Norman W. Walker: Juicing Pioneer-Hallelujah Diet". I note that although both sides of that photo were previously included in the article for several years, they have been recently removed (though where they once existed is pretty clear), so that evidence of Walker being the architect of his own age-hoax, rather than some avid followers, is currently gone from public view.

Date: November 28, 2015 08:46PM

So what was his true age?
The belief is that Norman Walker died at 92+

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 29, 2015 04:40AM

His grave marker says he's 99.

[arizonagravestones.org]

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 06, 2015 02:58AM

How did he die?

Date: December 06, 2015 09:20AM

Nobody (at least nobody who's talking) seems to know the state of his health nor cause of his death. I'm sure his death certificate is out there, but has never been produced. If you last another 20 years, you can get a copy from the State of Arizona since they currently have a 50 year-after-death law on issuing death certs. except to certain parties---so mark your calendar.

I did find something interesting on Walker in an issue of the San Luis Obispo newspaper from Nov.5, 1937. It seems that a local resident named Mrs. Daisy Scott was sponsoring "Dr. Norman W. Walker D.D. DSC.of Long Beach" in a free evening lecture at their Jr. High School. His topic was "Raw Vegetables and Fruit Juices in the Prevention of Disease." Mrs. Scott (Who was also President of the San Luis Obispo County's Women's Christian Temperance Union) identified herself as a "Manufacturer and Distributor of Raw Vegetable and Fruit Juices" in the rather large advertisement. Oh yes, free carrot juice would be served.

I thought it interesting that Walker gave himself a D.D. (Doctor of Divinity) title (shades of Ann Wigmore), although never once in his New York City brush with the law & jail sentence in the years 1932-1935 was he ever referred to as DR. Walker in NYT newspaper articles (there were at least five), depositions by tuition-paying students, attorneys' notes, etc.---rather just as either "Walker" or "Norman Walker", minus a middle name or initial. Wonder how he got that Dr. appendage so quickly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2015 09:34AM by KFCA.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 06, 2015 03:21PM

KFCA reminds of that bitter old preacher in that movie Pollyanna, especially in the 6 minute scene below...

[youtu.be]

Indeed, it is really sad that some people have nothing better to do than dig up dirt on people who are trying to help other people, especially when those doing the digging are making a living at it! It's one thing to dig up dirt on people who are Harming other people, like most of our Politicians and the scum they work for, but when you dig up dirt on people who are trying to help other people, what kind of SICK piece of shite must these people be and I wonder who they work for?

Remember, the Media is owned by the Powers that Be and if you work for them either directly or indirectly, then you are just as EVIL as those who pay for your ill-gotten labors.

It boggles my mind why anyone would focus on the bad in people who devote their lives to helping people when there is so much good to be found. Norman Walker has helped tens of thousands of people and maybe even millions of people and instead of sharing his wisdom we have shite people like KFCA trying to discredit his reputation, which makes you, KFCA, lower than scum!

Congratulations KFCA, you have lowered yourself to the ranks of organic1 aka the LYING MAN and ZeuS aka Sue Schadenfreude who I’m sure will come running to your rescue, which simply PROVES my point because everyone knows that organic1 and ZeuS are TROLLS that do NOT support the purpose of this Message Board.

Here are some of my notes to the Video I linked to above...

JR’s Notes:

[youtu.be]
1:20:35 MM
KM: And he saith on to them, the wicked shall be punished, the wicked shall be punished, they’re poisons like poisons of serpents … if you are an enemy to one another, then you are an enemy to God!

[youtu.be]
1:22:21 MM
HM: Would you like someone to practice your sermon on? Mother and I used to be an audience to our father when he was practicing his sermons. He was a minister too, you know. Do you like being a minister?

KM: Now why would you ask a thing like that?

HM: Oh, the way you looked just then reminded me of my father.

HM: When you look for the bad

KM: When you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will. Abraham Lincoln

…But I never heard that before.

HM: Neither did my father. Anyway, he said it started him thinking and from then on he was going to look for the good in people. …looking for the glad passages. …There are 800 happy texts, do you know that?

1:26:02 MM
KM: Oh my God, what have I done? What have I done? 1:26:09 MM 1: 26:39 MM

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: December 06, 2015 04:36PM

As can be clearly seen - john rose hates the truth, he hates REAL history, and he especially hates those who dare to tell the truth and report on bona fide history. But nothing, NOTHING, seems to stir john rose into frothing madness more than those who are on to john rose.

Apparently rose missed an aside comment KFCA had made (having to do with the state rose's mind), because, for all these many years KFCA has been reporting here on the realities of Walker's, (and other's) histories, he has never attacked her until now for reporting of the truth.

Recently I quoted that aside comment, without putting anyone's name to it, in hopes it would not put the wise noticer in the raging rose's harmful way, and alas he has obviously now figured out who said it.

Now rose turns his misplaced frothing wrathful madness in an added direction - not, as he claims, in Walker's defense. Walker, who KFCA has reported on many times without rose attacking her - but for his defensive specialty, personal revenge on those who see through him and his ways.

Date: December 06, 2015 05:08PM

I'm not going to even read what Sue Schadenfreude has to say because she is so PREDICTABLE that everyone knows it's going to be negative, which means that any time Sue Schadenfreude is on your side it's time to pause and reflect!

Defense Against the Psychopath
37:37 Minute Video
[www.youtube.com]

Part Three

The Psychopath’s Modus Operandi

One weakness Psychopaths have is that once one studies them and begins to understand them, they become predictable. While tactics vary from one to another, most Psychopaths follow a similar Strategy when Conning either an Individual or an Organization.

Their Strategy is as follows:

…

3) Divide and Conquer

Just as a Pride of Lions will seek to separate a targeted Wildebeest from the rest of the Herd, so Psychopaths seek to isolate their Victims from the rest of Humanity. They accomplish this through the tactic of Divide and Conquer.

In a Personal Relationship, the Psychopath will sabotage and undermine his or her Victim’s Relationships with Family and Friends. Exacerbated by the Negative Drama and Costs associated with the Victim their Friends and Family drop out of contact leaving the Victim without the Support and Guidance of their Social Group.

In an Organizational Setting, Psychopaths are the consummate Office Politicians. They seek to create Factions within the Organization and then, turn those Factions against each other to create as much Chaos as possible. Psychopaths swim in Chaos and the more the better. Secretly, they start to draw the Gullible, Weak Minded and fellow Psychopaths to their side while intensifying their efforts to have the most talented, honest and incorruptible members, ones that could have the Strength of Character to Expose them Expelled. They Poison the Environment in a variety of ways so that everyone Feels Irritable, Edgy and Unable to perform their jobs. Control of the Organization slips into the hands of the Source behind the Dysfunction - the Psychopath who created it all.
[www.youtube.com]

Once again, Sue Schadenfreude aka SueZ is very PREDICTABLE!!!

Date: December 07, 2015 12:40AM

Sorry John, but Walker's NYC legal troubles were found by me not for digging for dirt as you put it, but rather more innocently when I asked a friend who subscribes to the New York Times Archives (1880ties to about 1970ties) to see if Norman Walker had done health lectures there, such as was concurrently being done by Paul Bragg, Dr. St. Louis Estes, & others throughout the U.S. WITH proper citations, I would have added same to Wikipedia's Norman W. Walker page. However, what we actually found was something quite a bit different to say the least.

As far as Walker helping people, I'm not sure how Walker essentially stealing what would be over $60,000 in 2015 dollars from his teacher/job seekers, probably pretty desperate during the Great Depression, helped anybody but Norman Walker. In the end, nobody got the promised job.

Another scam, also in 1932, sponsored by the "The Junior Department of the Broughton Institute", of which Norman Walker was Managing Director", but which did not make the New York Times, was a contest of "Boys and Girls 15 to 19 years old" in which "Over $7000 In Prizes" was to be awarded. Now this would have been a little over $112,500!!! in 2015 dollars. How this Institute, having been behind in their office rent for months & having declared bankruptcy that same year could offer $7,000/$112,500 prize money is beyond me. Apparently, the 15-19 year olds didn't fall for the scheme as it didn't seem to come together to include in any legal proceedings, although Broughton's flier advertising the contest and the contest application itself resides in the Court's records.

It should be mentioned that although Walker internet sites have him starting the "Norwalk Labs" as soon as he got off the boat from England in 1910, he actually spent most of his early years in the United States in "real estate" in an upper NY State resort area per his 1915 citizenship application and the 1925 interim New York State Census. Likely the 1929 beginning of the Great Depression made him seek other means of income, hence the flight to "health & wellness".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 12:54AM by KFCA.

Date: December 14, 2015 08:03AM

KFCA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as Walker helping people, I'm not sure how
> Walker essentially stealing what would be over
> $60,000 in 2015 dollars from his teacher/job
> seekers, probably pretty desperate during the
> Great Depression, helped anybody but Norman
> Walker. In the end, nobody got the promised job.

I think Norman Walker helped many through his writing, promotion of raw food and juicing, and colonics.

Before there was Brian Clement, Gabriel Cousens, Lou Corona and many other raw and living food gurus, there was Norman Walker.

Walker continued to help many.

He built the Norwalk Juicer, still one of the best juicer on the market today, used in many health centers around the world.

Let's be serious.

Even if the rabbit is your enemy, admit that he can run fast

I was interested in reading your posts now I am questioning the sources of your claims.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 08:13AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 15, 2015 01:07PM

Just because organic1 misrepresents other people views does not mean he is incorrect in all of his posts and we have to stop reading them.

Jay-z is a musical genius but here what is known about his past.

At age 12, Jay-Z shot his brother in the shoulder for stealing his ring and the world-renowned rapper and producer, who belonged to a gang, says that he thought he would "go to jail forever".
[abc7.com]

You are probably among those who do not listen to his music because he was in the gang.

People change, that is the essence of our lives, redemption, salvation.

I came to raw food in the late 80s by reading Norman Walker and Ann Wigmore, I was near death, their writings saved my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 01:11PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 15, 2015 05:52PM

some suspicious goings on with karyn calabrese too...

not paying employees
serving soup that was not raw claiming it was raw
a couple lawsuits
restaurants closing
poor sanitation
poor treatment of employees
starting a gofundme while living a life of luxury

the link that i saw this on yesterday from a former employee is not valid now for some reason.

[www.chicagobusiness.com]

Date: December 15, 2015 06:22PM

Every human being has self awareness, a critical mind, the ability to analyze and make decisions.

The fault is not only on those bad raw food gurus, their followers are also responsible, you cannot just blindly follow someone advice.

When I read Norman Walker many of the things he wrote made sense to me, especially when he talked about juicing, and raw food.

Should I have researched to see if he lied about his age?

I did not have time for that, I was trying to heal myself using the good things he was writing about.

He was heavy on colonics which I did not find necessary.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 06:25PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 16, 2015 10:47AM

>Many of you guys on here seem to struggle with deciphering what is correct and what isn't, so to expect someone with no knowledge or interest in nutrition to be able to tell what is a scam and what isn't, just isn't realistic like i say.

There is nothing so complicated about eating raw and living food. And what makes it even simpler is that the subject of the experiment is our own body. You know right away if what you ate was good for you or not.

Many of the cultures in the past where healthier because they lived close to nature and learned from empirical knowledge.

organic1 this is simple, so elementary that you do not need scientific research of vitamin x, or y.

The golden rule is this; the cleaner the body, the healthier it is. Just eat raw living, organic and cleansing foods. If you can grow it yourself, the better.

It is not like trying to build a space rocket to go to Mars.

It is the world of the processed food that is complicated. It brings out diseases that are not natural. Scientists have been trying for year to find cures to cancers and other diseases. Yet a return to simple natural living foods would make that need to find a cure unnecessary.

Date: December 16, 2015 01:13PM

But that is still simple common sense.

I was asked what my diet was so I provided full details otherwise these are personal private choices.

This is a raw board and I have to follow the rules that were set and I have a lot of respect for those who are fully vegans.

But when we live in cities and our foods are shipped from far away, washed and refrigerated or even frozen, then it will miss the micro organisms that are so important to life. No amount of rawness can remedy that.

Some use other types of supplements, for me I choose to make a simple addition to my diet to comply with the necessities of complete nutrition without killing any other animal. And I do not need dozen of powders each morning.

I do go to health stores and usually to buy few seeds. Just sunflower and pumpkin seeds. When you are there, you can see how limited we are in knowledge and how we are trapped into the organic key word. You will see some so emaciated, weak, visibly unhealthy buying some organic veggies that have been sitting on the store shelves for weeks. If you look so weak at 40 what would it be like at 70.

Yet the animal in the wild knows better, he eats growing plants, flowers, fresh fruits. He does not have to drink olive or coconut oils.

Date: December 16, 2015 03:40PM

>I agree its common sense and should come naturally, although it obviously doesn't for many or people wouldn't be trying to eat crazy dangerous diets of just fruit and some salad greens like 80/10/10, 90/5/5 or whatever.

you mean those crazy dangerous diets that chris califano and robert lockhart are eating and one is a bodybuilder and the other climbs palm trees at age 70 and could put you to shame?

now your response can't be "well it's ok for some". those examples and others show that it is in fact not dangerous except in your mind or in the incorrect application thereof.

regarding james sloane. if his health is the level to which you aspire, then go for it. having certain unnecessary detailed knowledge of herbs, etc does not mean much.

To say that he has never made an error I would disagree.

The back and forth he had with graham involved some falsity as well as some truths.

>>>James - Cooking also serves other purposes such as making the food easier to digest and reducing or eliminating potentially dangerous compounds such as goitrogens and enzyme inhibitors.

what he obviously doesn't understand is that is the whole purpose of eating raw foods, to eat those foods that don't require cooking to be safe and healthy. if it were not possible to do so, then of course his "knowledge " would be valuable. the reality is that it is misleading dangerous and unnecessary.

>>>Again, fermentation occurs REGARDLESS if the grains or cooked or not. And acetic acid is one of the beneficial acids produced in the fermentation by the flora that help with nutrient absorption and fighting off pathogens.

more nonsense

He did make a valid point regarding acidosis likely not pulling calcium from the bones during this conversation.

and this is likely valid as well.

>>> - Insulin resistance involves more than simply body fat levels. Hormones as well as certain minerals also play a role. Chromium and magnesium are essential for maintaining insulin sensitivity:

and this is likely more true than what graham said during their conversation

>>>James - Not one bit of this is even close to the truth!!! Candida is rarely ever present in the blood, and is extremely dangerous when it is.

>>>James - Spices are not toxins, and in fact are quite beneficial being not only antiseptic and antioxidant, but often also anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, etc.

this is False

>>>In addition, freezing cracks the cell walls of plants increasing the availability of their nutrients.

It's always about "increased availability". never considers damage through cooking and freezing. why is that?

>>>>There is more that can be addressed, but as we can see already the whole premise of the diet is based on false and misleading information.

more nonsense from james

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 16, 2015 09:44PM

Many of the questions on whether nutrients are damaged through freezing or cooking do not exist when you are on raw living foods you grow yourself.

Life is simplier with more fun

If you did not burn your house there is no need to rebuild it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 09:45PM by CommonSenseRaw.

Date: December 16, 2015 09:49PM

organic1 Wrote:
> Well i know it means nothing to you fresh.
>
> But to most people in the real world having a
> proper knowledge of health, basic chemistry, basic
> biology, basic human physiology, pharmaceutical
> medications, the real causes of diseases etc beats
> operating in pseudo-scientific fairytale mode.
>
> I see your back operating firmly in the out-dated
> natural hygiene mode that spices are bad for
> health i take it ?

Like I said, some of his stuff is valid (I'm not a zealot, you should give me a little credit for not just saying DG was right and james was wrong) and some of it not. You can call it what you want, many spices are irritants and given magical properties falsely, and as far as experiencing it, you're not going to notice on most diets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 09:52PM by fresh.

Date: December 17, 2015 04:55PM

organic1 Wrote:

> Stop watching fake guru's then and you won't get
> these fake experts attaching magical properties to
> spices or whatever food there trying to sell you
> this week.
>
> Everything James said on spices was correct
> however, so no i won't give you a little credit,
> because none is due as usual. Most common spices
> are potent anti-oxidants and have strong
> anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.

and many are irritants to the mucosa.
are you saying they are not?

>
>
> These 3 factors alone mean spices can play an
> important role preventing many common degenerative
> diseases, many of which are often rooted in
> oxidative stress disorders and inflammation.
>

they are not addressing the cause

> As far as "experiencing it" when it comes to
> spices, do you experience or feel the
> anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory and
> anti-microbial compounds found in fruits when they
> go to work in your body ?
>

I was talking about some people not feeling the irritant because they are desensitized.

> No probably not in most cases. People often
> expect fireworks to jump out of these spices and
> medicinal herbs, but really they go to work in the
> body "under the scenes" just as any other
> antioxidants or phytonutrients dervied from any
> other healthy food would do.
>

> Some spices such as cayenne can have a direct
> irritating effect on some individuals, mostly
> those with gastrointestinal issues such as
> gastritis etc.

no, regular people too.

>
> Again that doesn't invalidate the consumption and
> proven health benefits attributed to these foods,
> it just means common sense has to be exercised.
> Even fruits and other foods can be poorly
> tolerated by someone with gastritis for example.

proven to you only.

>
> If you had bothered to read the wealth of
> scientific research on turmeric/curcumin for
> example, you would realize that its a really
> promising natural food that may have the potential
> to treat many hard to treat degenerative diseases.
>

yes I have seen studies that prindl posted and there is some validity, but still not addressing the cause

>
> So far i haven't come across another food or herb
> which has such a broad spectrum of different
> therapeutic benefits in the way turmeric/curcumin
> offers. You have anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory,
> anti-microbial, anti-cancer, anti-depressant,
> liver/detox support, modulating the hpa-axis and
> much more.
>
> Pretty impressive if you ask me, but if you want
> to continue believing that spices are "toxins" or
> any other out-dated pseudo-science based natural
> hygiene guff, then feel free fresh.
>
> Im certainly not away to spend 10 pages defending
> spices to you anyway, not when there is the level
> of scientific research there is proving that
> spices are some of the healthiest foods in the
> world.

i will just say that they are not foods and they are not necessary, not always toxins but often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2015 05:02PM by fresh.

Date: December 17, 2015 05:18PM

If people think that these negatives below only apply during specific situations, that's their choice. seems risky to me. People think they're smarter than the body, bypassing all kinds of protective measures, looking at apparent singular effects without knowing everything and eating inappropriate things.

"It is often claimed that cayenne pepper helps to increase circulation. Although this is true it is still misleading. Cayenne pepper is effective in dilating the smaller superficial blood vessels in the body, but is not very effective in dilating the larger primary blood vessels in the body. Herbs such as prickly ash bark or butcher’s broom are much more effective in dilating the larger primary blood vessels and have longer lasting effects than cayenne pepper. The primary dilation of the smaller superficial blood vessels by cayenne actually has a positive and a negative aspect when it comes to strokes.

The positive is that it does not have much of an effect on dilating the primary blood vessels in the event of a rupture of a major blood vessel. This is important since clotting of blood is not the only way in which the body controls bleeding. Another method by which bleeding is controlled is by constriction of blood vessels that reduces blood flow. Therefore, if cayenne were to dilate a major blood vessel significantly when it develops a bleed the dilating effect would further increase the rate of bleeding.

The negative is that the dilation of the smaller blood vessels could still lead to uncontrolled hemorrhage if the person is on other blood thinners.

If the person is not used to ingesting cayenne or the cayenne has a very high heat unit value then this can also pose a problem. The pain of suddenly ingesting hot pepper can further aggravate the issue as this would increase anxiety and lead to an increased release of epinephrine (adrenaline) speeding up the heart while actually reducing flow to the heart and brain. During a heart attack or stroke this would increase the death of tissues."

Date: December 17, 2015 06:21PM

organic1 Wrote:
> I don't care for cayenne pepper too much anyway,
> at least not from a medicinal perspective. There
> are much safer and more effective choices.
>
> Much like James i prefer herbs such as butchers
> broom and horse chestnut seeds for improving deep
> circulation.
>
> Cayenne is a much over-rated herb/spice anyway,
> which is largely due to the teachings of Dr
> Schulze and people still promoting the out-dated
> notion that Cayenne is the "king of spices".
>
> When in reality if there was to be a top spice, it
> would probably go to Turmeric/Curcumin at this
> point due its evidence based broad spectrum
> therapeutic benefits it has to offer.
>
> Spices i do like include turmeric of course, black
> pepper, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds,
> coriander(cilantro) and more.

Well, I am going to be the devil advocate here and say this just like Doug Graham would have said

When was the last time a family gathered around a table for dinner of butchers
broom , horse chestnut seeds or cayenne peppers ?

These foods (should we call them food?) are not appealing, inviting, not pleasing to eat.

They could be medicine, like a pills the doctor prescribes for treating an abnormal condition.

But, but are we always sick? do we ever reach a state of health and steady state where we do not need these stimulants?

Date: December 17, 2015 06:41PM

Here's a snippet from my file on Herbs...

According to Michael Tierra, there are 3 Main Functions of Herbs: 1) Eliminating; 2) Maintaining; 3) Building and I believe that the Ultimate Function is for Eliminating, whereas, the Building and Maintaining Functions of Herbs, according to Tierra, are for those who are not yet strong enough for Eliminating.

Another way of looking at Herbs is to say that there are Food Herbs and there are Medicinal Herbs. According to Dean Black, Ph.D., "A Medicinal Herb (one that controls) causes (1) improvement, followed by (2) a decline. These are the two phases of Drug response that I mentioned earlier: (1) the Drug's effect, and (2) the body's adaptation to it. If they notice a consistent two-phased effect from an Herb, they call it "Medicinal" and recommend that it be used short term only. Food Herbs are "Kingly", or "Superior". Medicinal Herbs are "Assistants" that occasionally supplement the Kingly Food Herbs. This is the Natural Healing point of view. In fact, from the Natural Healing perspective, Foods are the only Healing substances. Drugs do not - and cannot - Heal, because a body that depends on outside control cannot be considered Healthy."

Black also said that (1) Foods, including Food Herbs, and (2) Vitamin and Mineral Supplements were Nurturing or Natural. The former (1) was Whole or Natural, and the latter (2) was Isolated or Medical. Next he said that (3) Medicinal Herbs, and (4) Drugs were Controlling or Medical. The former (3) was Whole or Natural, and the latter (4) was Isolated or Medical.

Date: December 17, 2015 06:50PM

I agree these herbs have their place in our diet.

They are much better than the pills we buy from drugstores.

I do not need them and do not use them but I understand they can help many others.

My diet make it that they are not necessary.

One thing too to remember is that Indigenous people were living in harsher environment, sometimes bitten by snakes, mosquitos and needed these herbs.

Date: December 17, 2015 10:40PM

exactly RP. and if your diet makes them unnecessary then they are only necessary for those who are not doing healthful things therefore they are not necessary. it's like saying i can't relax without alcohol so alcohol is good instead of finding out why you can't relax. same thing for all those herbs that james recommends . there is no attention given to the cause because the person doesn't know the cause and the default position is that the body tends towards sickness instead of health, which is the NH position that people ignorantly make fun of. all this doesn't matter. those who think herbs are useful will use them and those who don't won't.

Date: December 18, 2015 12:32AM

yes for people who are ill and not doing healthful things (never said it was just diet) certain things can have an effect. that does not mean that is the proper way to fix the issue. unless you're claiming butcher's broom is a requirement for humans.

Date: December 18, 2015 07:20AM

This is what Iwould want to see:

show me a person who is eating properly , moving and resting properly who NEEDS medicinal spices and/or herbs.

Date: December 18, 2015 11:10AM

fresh Wrote:
> exactly RP. and if your diet makes them
> unnecessary then they are only necessary for those
> who are not doing healthful things therefore they
> are not necessary. it's like saying i can't relax
> without alcohol so alcohol is good instead of
> finding out why you can't relax. same thing for
> all those herbs that james recommends . there is
> no attention given to the cause because the person
> doesn't know the cause and the default position is
> that the body tends towards sickness instead of
> health, which is the NH position that people
> ignorantly make fun of. all this doesn't
> matter. those who think herbs are useful will
> use them and those who don't won't.

The second law of thermodynamics is applicable to nutrition.

The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system. More simply put: the entropy of the world only increases and never decreases.

A simple application of the second law of thermodynamics is that a room, if not cleaned and tidied, will invariably become more messy and disorderly with time - regardless of how careful one is to keep it clean. When the room is cleaned, its entropy decreases, but the effort to clean it has resulted in an increase in entropy outside the room that exceeds the entropy lost.

[www.boundless.com]

We have to supply energy and order into our own body otherwise it moves into a state of decay. When discipline and order are not maintained then when need medicine or extra effort or help from outside of our system. It is a more expensive approach.Just like when driving a car on highway, the start is hard but then we reach a state of equilibrium where the car moves with less effort.

The key is to maintain the system clean, feeding it energy that is made for it, symbiotic to it, not stressing it, keeping things simple.

And the body has a mechanism to tell us that a substance or food is foreign, not symbiotic to it, it burns. The body is saying I cannot handle it, it is too expensive to process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 11:16AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 18, 2015 08:01PM

RP:

Not sure which of my claims you're questioning re NWW---that he was in the Real Estate Business, that he spent time in the NY City jail, or something else?

As for my source on Walker's larceny conviction & sentencing, that info came from both the articles in the NY Times & from copies of the actual Court records sent to me by The City Of New York Department of Records & Information Services, 31 Chambers Street, Suite 305, New York, NY on 12/07/2011. I had originally emailed them for info only on where NWW was incarcerated & for how long; somebody misunderstood & sent me copies of everything that still exists in this matter in the Court's file, gratis. Sometimes I get lucky.

BTW, although both NWW & his partner, Henry Broughton, were arrested & put on trial, the Judge found Broughton not guilty, and he was let go. From the papers I received, I'm assuming this was because Walker apparently carried the ball on this whole scheme. There was no indication that any of the "plaintiffs" ever met Broughton nor turned over their tuition money (which they never got back by the way) to him.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables