Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Digestive Enzymes: Help or Hype?
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 29, 2015 01:44AM

Are they really effective?

The scientific evidence is still lacking according to some.

[health.usnews.com]

Maybe we should spend more in chewing our foods.

Integrative nutritionist Liz Lipski and author of the book, "Digestive Wellness," is one such clinician. She acknowledges that scientific evidence supporting the benefits of digestive enzymes is lacking but recommends these products based on her practical experience that they work in certain cases.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:50AM by RawPracticalist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Digestive Enzymes: Help or Hype?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: November 29, 2015 01:54AM

Better question - What are our resident symbiotic good bacteria colonies' opinion on the matter?

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 01, 2015 03:22PM

I have alot of experience with these.

I have taken many of the 200$ bottles Proloetic I forgot the kind, its something like that pancreatic, not sure, I think it was more...something else..I do not remember feeling anything.

One brand I felt, it was like womens digestive enzymes with WYM or WOM in the brand name, they heal you if you take a shitload of them, you feel them working but they last maybe 20 minutes where you feel lifted of something.
The kind I bought in WILD OATS once. I had a bad teeth bleaching job, that left my lips swollen so I took them and they worked. But I had to keep taking them, the effect wore off so quick.

Does this make sense? These worked, the other kinds didnt really. But how do I know what invisible things I have been healed with inside? I cant say for sure.

All I know is GABRIEL COUSENS takes ten at every meal when I was there. That guy is on to something. He is very spiritual being and I have been around his energy. Very lofty. He can meditate for days and stand extreme heat. He glows and when you talk to him, you feel weak!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 03:24PM by suvine.

Date: December 02, 2015 02:57AM

>All I know is GABRIEL COUSENS takes ten at every meal when I was there.

Lou Corona takes digestive enzymes
Brian Clement takes digestive enzymes
Gabriel Cousens takes digestive enzymes
Doug Graham does not take digestive enzymes

Doug Graham stands above all of them [www.youtube.com]

These raw gurus should let us know that raw food is good but to succeed you need to take digestive enzymes,
they leave that point out of their books.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2015 03:05AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: December 02, 2015 06:14PM

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> All I know is GABRIEL COUSENS takes ten at every
> meal when I was there.

Don't Brian Clement and Lou Corona also say they take like handfuls of their own brands of enzymes a day, too?

Do any of the high profile public figures, who do not have products to sell, pop them like that?

Are these enzyme sellers taking so many capsules a day to prove to their marks that their brand of enzymes are safe even in huge doses - or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2015 06:15PM by SueZ.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 02, 2015 06:40PM

I have found faster results with herbal medicine for digestive distress than digestive enzymes. Enzymes need to be taken a certain way or reactions can happen (like swallowing enzyme powder over time caused acid reflux in me, but swallowing capsules did not. stirring digestive enzyme powder directly into food makes the most sense to me, so it's acting on your food rather than your own tissue.) and in some conditions, enzymes may be contraindicated.

Raw Practicalist wrote:
Doug Graham stands above all of them [www.youtube.com]

Tai:
why does DG stand above BC, Lou COrona and Gabriel Cousens? I really respect you Raw Practicalist, so freely share.

Just as an aside, though some amount of exercise is good, excess exercise is not necessarily healthy. So, fitness aside (because fitness can be overdone), why does DG stand above them?

[www.webmd.com]
[time.com]
[firstoffthebike.com]
[www.huffingtonpost.com]
[www.medicalnewstoday.com]

Date: December 02, 2015 11:17PM

"Tai:
why does DG stand above BC, Lou COrona and Gabriel Cousens? I really respect you Raw Practicalist, so freely share.

Just as an aside, though some amount of exercise is good, excess exercise is not necessarily healthy. So, fitness aside (because fitness can be overdone), why does DG stand above them?"

Tai, I think you forgot to watch the video he linked where you will find the digestive enzymes info specifics of what he was referring to.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 03, 2015 01:34AM

SueZ:
Tai, I think you forgot to watch the video he linked

Tai
I did watch it actually. But I was zeroing in on the comment that Raw Practicalist made.

Doug Graham is not known for using many tools. I recognize the limitations of digestive and systemic enzymes, but I also grasp their value.

Date: December 03, 2015 01:51AM

"Doug Graham is not known for using many tools."

True. He's more know for being one.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 03, 2015 10:44PM

I dont know if they are hype. What about papaya enzymes, try eating papaya raw, I know its bad if you are not in the tropics, the supermarket kind

Date: December 04, 2015 10:56AM

>why does DG stand above BC, Lou COrona and Gabriel Cousens? I really respect you Raw Practicalist, so freely share.

I know I was pushing the envelope a little bit.

I have always considered Brian Clement and Gabriel Cousens on the top of my list of health care gurus. I do not know Lou that much and not familiar with his approach.

But the point I was trying to stress is that in getting healthy we should move from complexity to simplicity. Just like when we are very sick and get to the emergency room. In the beginning we are treated with various medical pills, fed intravenously but as we get better, these treatments are lessened until we are totally healed and we can live on regular foods.

A healthy body has regained the lost paradise which the ability to digest and process food efficiently. When we reach that state, even a simple raw tomatoes can sustain us, and the water, air, and earth elements that are available every where are also nourishing elements.

Brian Clement has raw living food all around him, all kinds of sprouts, microgreens, algaes. That should take him from complexity to simplicity not the other way around. Why does he need supplements? I do not get that part.

I do travel a lot, spending days from home away from micro greens and sprouts but I do not see my health diminished even when I am not eating these good foods. It is time for my body to rest, to fast, to live on regular raw food.

In issue of simplicity of the diet, Doug Graham is above them all. He is consistent, simple in his approach. We may not agree with him but what he wrote and teach is what he practices.

LUIGI CORNARO lived on 12 ounces of food per day and lived to 102 years
That was not even raw food.

Luigi started to live what he called the "temperate life," "La Vita Sobra", the name of the book which he wrote later, The Sober Life. He reduced his food, cutting down to twelve ounces a day of solid foods divided into two meals and pure grape juice, fourteen ounces, also divided into two servings.
[drbass.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 11:09AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: December 04, 2015 05:35PM

I see they paroled temp and he reinvented himself as organic1 smiling smiley. Last I heard he was doing 2-5 in a padded cell somewhere near the Scottish border, lol.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: December 05, 2015 02:30AM

According to Luigi Cornaros book, the 14 ounces were wine, not grape juice.

How long will Doug live eating 15 bananas when he hits his 70's? Also, going by Dougs record of honesty with his fasting resort in Costa Rica, I wouldn't believe anything he says. Who's to say what he eats in the privacy of his home?

Harley and John Kohler have a track record of openness and honesty in what they eat, but Doug might be chomping on his chicken while he tells you to eat your 15 bananas.

Date: December 07, 2015 03:29AM

BJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Harley and John Kohler have a track record of
> openness and honesty in what they eat, but Doug
> might be chomping on his chicken while he tells
> you to eat your 15 bananas.

And you have proof of that or you are just making things up.

For the video I watched John Kohler needs so many powders just for a morning meal.
And that was after drinking gallons of sugar can juice.
Then the huge smoothies

I will pick the bananas over that

Being healthy means the body has regained the ability to process food efficiently.
We should be able to survive on less not more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 03:32AM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables