Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw soups
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 01, 2015 09:43AM

Looking for ways to make high nutrient density raw veggie soups. Though I prefer it to not have fruit. I like to separate the veggies from the fruit when it comes to raw soups. I don't' want to turn it into a green smoothie lolsmiling smiley

Any veggie soup lovers out there? Give me your best. Give me your most magnificent!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw soups
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: December 01, 2015 10:42AM

A raw veggie soup I liked to make was: blend tomatoes (I always used peeled tomatoes) with fresh dill. Pour in your soup bowl or food container. Then add to the bowl zucchini noodles, diced cucumbers, diced bell peppers, small cauliflower florets.

After recently juicing carrots and using the carrot pulp in my sauce for the zoodles, and discovering my taste for raw dried thyme, I would also add to the soup carrot pulp (or very finely chopped carrots in the food processor, like a carrot rice), either when blending the tomatoes or straight in the soup bowl. And I certainly would add raw dried thyme (I would add it at the beginning, when blending the tomatoes, to have time to develop and release the flavour).
You can also add zucchinis when blending tomatoes, to make the soup creamier and thicker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: December 01, 2015 01:34PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking for ways to make high nutrient density
> raw veggie soups. Though I prefer it to not have
> fruit. I like to separate the veggies from the
> fruit when it comes to raw soups. I don't' want to
> turn it into a green smoothie lolsmiling smiley
>
> Any veggie soup lovers out there? Give me your
> best. Give me your most magnificent!

I used to wonder the same thing. This is what I figured out to do and it works great for me...

Start here - combine all your favorite salad and your favorite salad dressing ingredients, (which you would normally just eat as is for a meal), in your VitaMix and blend with just enough sweetener of your choice to round out the flavor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 01:37PM by SueZ.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 01, 2015 02:48PM

I never made more soups in my life when I got the SAVORY STEWS guide by Roger Haeskel. Anyone else? I love the recipes, although I cannot share the recipes, they are protected by intellectual property. I am not sure if they still are around to order. AMAZING.

I made this one too.

Basically a base of cukes tomatoes celery I think, and you add some secret ingredients and toppings

I was looking at one called FIERY LAVA by Juliano. Thats two cups carrot juice, half avocado, mint, jalapeno, and some ginger..etc etc

A soup for dinner, at some places I have been to, are just LUNCH BLENDED. Thats right, raw food is so good, that you can jiust blend that raw pizza and make Italian soup for dinner. Just remember the 5 flavors and make sure any ingredient you add in, you can taste.

ENERGY SOUP is the highest you can eat. Its so good but so hard to make if ytou do not have a green thumb. Or you can get a sporuter thats electric and make your own sprouts. Mung too , avo, spinach, lemon juice , papaya..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2015 02:52PM by suvine.

Date: December 03, 2015 05:12AM

Wow! Thanks all. I will experiment with these. smiling smiley

Date: December 03, 2015 12:52PM

suvine

<<ENERGY SOUP is the highest you can eat. Its so good but so hard to make if ytou do not have a green thumb. Or you can get a sporuter thats electric and make your own sprouts. Mung too , avo, spinach, lemon juice , papaya.>T>

That's a great idea. Blending sprouts with other veggies for a quick pick me up.

Suez and Suvine

It is interesting that all our salads and foods ( like raw pizza) can also be blended to make a soup and also... that our salad dressing can be put in a bowl and eaten as a meal. The RFD sure is fun!

Date: December 03, 2015 12:56PM

raw practicalist

<<A raw veggie soup I liked to make was: blend tomatoes (I always used peeled tomatoes) with fresh dill. Pour in your soup bowl or food container. Then add to the bowl zucchini noodles, diced cucumbers, diced bell peppers, small cauliflower florets.>>

sounds really refreshing! especially with the dill.

<<After recently juicing carrots and using the carrot pulp in my sauce for the zoodles, and discovering my taste for raw dried thyme, I would also add to the soup carrot pulp (or very finely chopped carrots in the food processor, like a carrot rice), either when blending the tomatoes or straight in the soup bowl. And I certainly would add raw dried thyme (I would add it at the beginning, when blending the tomatoes, to have time to develop and release the flavour).
You can also add zucchinis when blending tomatoes, to make the soup creamier and thicker.>>

I like the idea of using zucchinis to make the soup creamier.

What is your recipe for the zoodle dressing? Did you come up with the "zoodle" name on your own? Its a cool name.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: December 28, 2015 03:12PM

Yes, La_Veronique, those soups are refreshing, and the zucchini makes the soup creamier.

The "zoodle" name isn't my invention, I picked it up from Youtube, if I remember correctly it was from TannyRaw (spiralized zucchinis) (she also makes "coodles", which are cucumber noodles - spiralized cucumbers). But I could've also picked it up from others, it's a well-known name for zucchini noodles in the raw vegan community.

My sauce for the zoodles started first with only tomatoes, the core of the spiralized zucchinis and fresh dill. Then I added bell peppers and the carrot pulp from my carrot juice and it tasted even better. Then I found my taste for raw dried thyme and I added that too, but later on I didn't like it so I stopped using the thyme.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 03:13PM by Ela2013.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 29, 2015 02:53PM

Raw soups = Raw smoothies

1 = 1

The issues remain

1) how much blending?

2) are nutrients destroyed ?

3) will not teeth get weak over time?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2015 02:58PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 31, 2015 04:17PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Raw soups = Raw smoothies
>
>
> 1 = 1
>
> The issues remain
>
> 1) how much blending?
>
> 2) are nutrients destroyed ?
>

> 3) will not teeth get weak over time?

too much blending and chewing muscles atrophy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables