Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question for fresh
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 12, 2015 11:15PM

fresh

from all your posts where you consistently defend your diet, I have no choice but to come to these conclusions.

1) Your diet works extremely well for you ( otherwise you would not defend it in the manner that you do).

2) You are enjoying very good health.

3) You are very successful in finding the correct diet.

4) Hence, you are experiencing a general sense of well being.

So my quesiton is:

What's the problem here?

You are obviously doing very well. Why can't you just be grateful that you have excellent health and are successful in something you have found that works for you?

Why can't you just let others find their way?

Why do you get upset if someone doesn't do well on the high carb diet?

In what way does it personally affect your health and sense of physical, mental, emotional well being?

If I eat a shoe, and claim it is the best diet for me, why would you get upset if it works for me?

Conversely, if Joe and Janet eat a piece of fruit and do not do well, what is it to you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question for fresh
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: December 13, 2015 12:10AM

Why don't you ask the same of suez or tsm or temp?

I guess you don't notice how those who don't do well on a particular diet constantly make all kinds of false (imo) remarks about the diet. I merely wish to uncover the truth.

Date: December 13, 2015 04:21AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

more specifically..

> fresh
>
> from all your posts where you consistently defend
> your diet, I have no choice but to come to these
> conclusions.
>

I'm not defending a diet, I'm seeking truth. I don't just accept someone saying

"I didn't do well, the diet sucks and people who promote it are dangerous" .

I don't accept someone saying, "the vegan diet failed me" .

I don't accept someone saying "I was prediabetic (but I refuse to show my numbers)". I find it suspicious.

I want to know what they did to find out the cause. I ask for facts. the facts usually reveal a truth different than the one put out there.

Do I need to question these things? of course not. Does "not accept" mean some kind of controlling manner on my part? no, it's just a philosophical discussion.. Plus distorting the truth may impact others. Finding the truth may impact others positively.

>
> Why can't you just let others find their way?

see above

>
> Why do you get upset if someone doesn't do well on
> the high carb diet?

upset? you're misinterpreting.

>
> In what way does it personally affect your health
> and sense of physical, mental, emotional well
> being?
>

who said it does?

>
> If I eat a shoe, and claim it is the best diet for
> me, why would you get upset if it works for me?

upset? I'm not upset.

>
> Conversely, if Joe and Janet eat a piece of fruit
> and do not do well, what is it to you?

misrepresentation of the truth.

does that matter to me? not really, but people always learn from discussion even though some may find it uncomfortable.

Date: December 13, 2015 04:34AM

<<I merely wish to uncover the truth.>>

Well, you obviously have. Your truth is that the high carb diet is superior. It works for you. You are successful in this diet. So, what is the problem? And why are you trying to uncover any truths if you have already arrived at it?

<<Why don't you ask the same of suez or tsm or temp? >>

Why should I? You already have the corner on that market.

Date: December 13, 2015 04:51AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> <>
>
> Well, you obviously have. Your truth is that the
> high carb diet is superior. It works for you. You
> are successful in this diet. So, what is the
> problem? And why are you trying to uncover any
> truths if you have already arrived at it?
>
>

I want to know everything.
I want to understand everything.

It's quite clear you don't appreciate it or see the point in it and it annoys you. I get it. Do I care about your opinion? NO.

>
> <>
>
>
> Why should I? You already have the corner on that
> market.

Here's another question.

Why can't you accept me for who I am?

I don't question your motives.

Date: December 13, 2015 05:26AM

fresh

<<Here's another question.

Why can't you accept me for who I am?>>

I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain that you already have the answer to your own question.

Date: December 13, 2015 07:13AM

>I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain that you already have the answer to your own question.

no I don't .

are we done yet?

Date: December 13, 2015 03:33PM

It's been about a year and a half since I had fish. You asked the same question 6 months ago. If I went the next 40 years without animal foods and am being lowered into my grave I can picture you there talking about my fish eating as if that's the only thing saving me. I told you I went a decade raw vegan and now prefer to relax a bit. Nothing I say has any effect on your crusade.

You're right Christina is sick, she's in the hospital right now. They're putting a stent in.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 13, 2015 05:15PM

Hey fresh,

When I first read la_veronique's post before you had a chance to reply, I felt like it was déjà vu all over again as she basically did the same thing to me.

It's really frustrating to have people make comments when they either don't know what's going on or have absolutely NO SENSE OF LOGIC.

Sometimes I think that our species is doomed to failure since so many people are incapable of putting 2 and 2 together. Of course, this is by design since they don’t teach critical thinking skills in school, so if you are not born with a GOOD SENSE OF LOGIC, there’s NOT much of a chance that it will be developed. And even if we were taught critical thinking skills in school or if we were born with a GOOD SENSE OF LOGIC, I'm not convinced that's enough as everything in our Society seems to conspire against us.

"Nearly all philosophers of the Enlightenment recognized that the majority of men, even in the most civilized nation, are too pressed by economic necessities and toil to have time for the development of reason, and that the masses of mankind are moved far more by passion and prejudice than by reason." -Will & Ariel Durant "TSOC-TAOV" p. 607

Date: December 13, 2015 11:42PM

>At some point the likes of fresh and JR are going to have to accept the fact that strict raw vegan diets have NOT WORKED for 99% of those who have tried them to date, including most of the original raw food promoters, who are no longer raw foodists.

we haven't been talking about strict raw vegan - that's not the issue.
we have been talking about people claiming that fruit causes cancer or high carb causes high triglycerides, etc

not sure why you're talking about "strict raw vegan" other than that's your thing.

>If a raw vegan diet really is as "feeble" as fresh makes out, that you can't handle the occasionally handful of "cooked" nuts or a some vegetable soup once in a while, then the raw vegan diet is more like a prison than actually aiding your health in anyway. Especially whe

I never said nor implied the above. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 14, 2015 01:18AM

John Rose Wrote:
> Hey fresh,
>
> When I first read la_veronique's post before you
> had a chance to reply, I felt like it was déjà
> vu all over again as she basically did the same
> thing to me.
>
> It's really frustrating to have people make
> comments when they either don't know what's going
> on or have absolutely NO SENSE OF LOGIC.
>

yup

It is good to see many going vegan though, actors, bodybuilders, etc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2015 01:20AM by fresh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables