Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

We are what we eat, We eat what we are
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 13, 2015 02:42PM

The foods we eat make the body, the bones, and the blood we are.
But we are not just bodies
The foods we eat is the source of our emotions
We wear our foods
And the emotions when they are not lofty because of the bad foods we ate make us choose the wrong foods.
We eat what we are.
Then we face a major health crisis
The body refuses to eat.
New choices, new thinking need to be made.
If we are courageous, determined to change
we go thru a cleanse, a fast, and get on the path of recovery
Better choices, a new person
We are born again

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We are what we eat, We eat what we are
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 13, 2015 02:59PM

<<<We eat what we are.>>>

Great Post!!!

It reminds me of this 15 year old Post of mine followed by another story told in this Chapter from Emerson.

[www.living-foods.com]
beef and brandy roaring for beef and brandy
Posted by: John Rose
Date: March 23, 2001

<<<Society isn't always right.>>>

One of my favorite quotes is by Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Society is always taken by surprise at any new example of common sense." Interestingly, Emerson knew about raw food. I was at a friend's house about four years ago and a book about Emerson jumped off the shelf at me, as do a lot of books. The very first words that I read on the very first page that I opened was, "...and food that fire had polluted." Of course, I got real excited because I knew what this meant, but I never thought of expressing it in this way before.

It turned out that the page I turned to was the beginning of a chapter called The Reformers. Basically, Emerson put the word out to the public for everyone who thought that they had an answer to solve our problems to come to his house and they would all discuss who had the best answer. Emerson made many references in this chapter to this guy named Alcott. Emerson never said who he was nor did he give his full name, but I recognized this name from my studies of Natural Hygiene. William A. Alcott, M.D. was one of the early founders of the Natural Hygiene movement.

Emerson mentioned that Alcott went to England to try to enlighten the Britons only to find the same problem that any raw foodist has trying to convince anyone to give up their favorite foods. According to Alcott, "...the spirit of England was hostile to human welfare, and her institutions were adverse to the largest liberty of the soul." In American, Alcott wrote, "is that second Eden to be planted, in which the divine seed is to bruise the head of evil and restore man to his rightful communion with God."

Emerson goes on to say that he tried this way of life and agreed of its benefits, "but the servants refused to leave the kitchen, and Mrs. Alcott declined to share in a second venture;..." And then there's my favorite about those who objected to a simple vegetarian diet, "The fat and ruddy eater [organic1/temp/chris] who had just wiped his lips from feeding on a sirloin, whose blood was spouting in his veins and whose strength kindled that evil fire in his eye. It was not the voice of man one heard, but beef and brandy roaring for beef and brandy."

I always share this story with my students when I try to explain their cravings. As long as our bodies are made out of burgers and beers, we will still crave burgers and beers. Since I haven't had any cooked food for almost 6 years, it's durians and mangoes roaring for durians and mangoes for me.

Peace and Love......................John
[www.living-foods.com]

Something else that was interesting was there was only ONE SOLUTION that everyone could agree on and it was brought up by a group of people called the Abolitionist. But they were not about abolishing Slavery - they were all about ABOLISHING MONEY and even though everyone argued and argued - everyone finally came to the same conclusion and that is that if MONEY DID NOT EXIST, most of the other problems would also NOT exist!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 03:03PM by John Rose.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 14, 2015 09:10AM

>As long as our bodies are made out of burgers and beers, we will still crave burgers and beers.
So true

It seems like the bad foods create a state of disequilibrium in our body that leads to more bad choices. There is vacuum that needs to be filled and we are constantly irritated.

But when we fill our mind with love, compassion, and wisdom then we are attracted to foods that will maintain that state, and we eat less because we have a cleaner body and the mind is already eating and full with the spiritual essence of life.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: December 14, 2015 12:15PM

Great stuff, yes, I'm fascinated by all this.

The way I see/feel it, our internal microorganisms dictate/direct our food choices & cravings. If we can clear them out (ie, detox) and create an environment that is conducive to peaceful healthy simple/raw food-loving microorganisms (ie, eat a living foods diet with some fermented foods to encourage the process), then our cravings disappear along with the dysbiotic MOs.

So basically - we can literally flush our cravings down the toilet winking smiley

As a hypnotherapist I LOVE how it's becoming more obvious how the mind & body are so closely interconnected. Lots of scientific studies coming out now about how the intestinal flora affect our thoughts. It all makes so much sense.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Date: December 14, 2015 02:58PM

<<<It seems like the bad foods create a state of disequilibrium in our body that leads to more bad choices. There is vacuum that needs to be filled and we are constantly irritated.>>>

Eating Cooked Food reminds me of what happens to people who smoke Crack. Crack Destroys the Frontal Lobe, which is the area of our brain that makes decisions and this is why it's so hard for Crack Heads to break this Addiction!

In contrast, Cooking Destroys Biophotons and Biophotons Feed our 6th Sense or our Spidey Sense and this is why our Species has NOT recovered from the Fall of Mankind, which is when we opted out of Nature by taking something in Nature, FIRE, and Applying it to something we Need from Nature, FOOD!!!

As Plato once said...

“Whatever deceives men seems to produce a magical enchantment.”

"And we have made of ourselves living cesspools, and driven doctors to invent names for our diseases."

"The gods created certain kinds of beings to replenish our bodies...they are the trees, the plants and the seeds."

Date: December 14, 2015 03:13PM

<<<As a hypnotherapist I LOVE how it's becoming more obvious how the mind & body are so closely interconnected. Lots of scientific studies coming out now about how the intestinal flora affect our thoughts. It all makes so much sense.>>>

Yes, I love all of the scientific studies that are coming out about how the mind & body are so closely interconnected. The Diet & Disease Connection is extremely obvious for most people, but for some odd reason some people really struggle seeing the Diet & Behavior Connection.

So let’s hope that all of these studies help these people wake up and realize that We Are What We Eat and that’s why we have so many PROBLEMS - We’re Eating the Wrong Food!!!

Unfortunately, Denial is a HUGE Problem for most of us, so perhaps we should use the same techniques used against us to Wake up the Masses. Now all we need to do is to take back the Air Waves as Ralph Nader proposed when he ran for President.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables