Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Exercise Upregulates Dysfunctional Mitochondria; Adding Tea Leaves to Smoothies; Raw Vegetables & Your Microbiome…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 13, 2015 11:16PM

This is a very interesting Article and Video!!!

Mitochondrial Health is the Core of Most Cancers!!!

Go from 20 minutes a day to 40 minutes a day, [you see] significant improvement.

Go from 40 to 60, significant improvement; 60 to 90 minutes a day, significant improvement, like doubling your mortality benefit ...

That's why in the book I recommend 90 minutes a day because that's what the science shows.

Is there any wonder why so many people don’t do well on Fruit?

[articles.mercola.com]
Eat Real Food for Health and Longevity
December 13, 2015 | 107,684 views
By Dr. Mercola

Dr. Mercola & Dr. Greger on How Not To Die
27:14 Minute Video
[www.youtube.com]

Story at-a-glance

• The vast majority of chronic disease and premature deaths can be prevented through simple changes in diet and lifestyle. A healthy diet is based on real food, as processed foods are part of the problem
• There are many simple cost-effective ways to make any meal healthier, from adding dark green leafy vegetables, to adding your tea leaves to a smoothie rather than tossing them after making a cup of tea
• About 70 percent of emerging or reemerging infectious diseases originate in the animal kingdom. Selecting pigs and chickens for mass production may be a major mistake, as these are influenza-bearing animals

For Optimal Health and Longevity, Exercise 90 Minutes Per Day

Dr. Greger is definitely a man who walks his talk — in fact, he did this interview while walking on a treadmill — and the reason for that is because he recognizes the critical importance of staying in motion.

Before talking to Dr. Greger, I was pretty proud of the fact that I walk about 17,000 steps a day (about 9 miles), which is still within the upper 1/10th of 1 percent of people walking with trackers. But Dr. Greger puts even me to shame. He walks 17 miles a day!

“But I go really slow. I’m going about 2 miles an hour now; my heart rate doesn’t even really go up. It’s basically just keeping my arteries happy,” he says. “The current recommendation for moderate aerobic physical activity is 150 minutes a week. That’s like 22 minutes a day.

But if you look at the research, it's very clear — yes, any amount of exercise is better than no exercise, but if you go from 20 minutes a day to 40 minutes a day, [you see] significant improvement.

Go from 40 to 60, significant improvement; 60 to 90 minutes a day, significant improvement, like doubling your mortality benefit ...

That's why in the book I recommend 90 minutes a day because that's what the science shows. You don't necessarily have to do it for optimal health, but people deserve to know what the best available evidence shows."

Today, I believe I finally understand the mechanisms responsible for these results, and it's because exercise upregulates dysfunctional mitochondria. I now firmly believe mitochondrial health is the core of most cancers. Mitochondrial dysfunction is what causes the genetic problems. It's not the genetic problems that cause the cancer.

And mitochondrial dysfunction is what you prevent with exercise. I'd never recognized that before, but now it seems quite clear that this is how it works. I recently interviewed Rhonda Patrick, PhD, a biomedical scientist, on this topic. That interview will be published shortly, so for more in-depth information about the role of mitochondria in your health, keep an eye out for that interview.

Whole Food and Your Microbiome

Ideally, you want to get lots of fresh vegetables, which are best eaten as close to their raw state as possible. Moreover, your veggies should be grown in healthy soil. The microbial diversity in healthy soil is very similar to your gut, and if you eat fresh vegetables from healthy soil, a significant number of those microbes will be on the veggies you eat, and will contribute to your own microbial diversity, which is important for optimal health.

It's not only the vegetable fiber and the phytonutrients that feed your microbiome but also these other microbes from the soil in which they were grown. According to Dr. Greger, higher consumption of vegetables may cut your odds of depression by as much as 62 percent, and I suspect this has a lot to do with the fact that they improve the balance of beneficial bacteria in your gut.

As noted by Dr. Greger:

"I was surprised to learn that to make sauerkraut you don't add a microbial starter. You don't have to buy the bacteria, like the yogurt starter. No. You simply take cabbage leaves, and you put them in salt water, so the bad bugs don't grow, and the Lactobacillus, the lactic acid-producing bacteria that are naturally present out in the field and on the leaves, are the ones that will multiply, sour up, and pickle the cabbage.

People think they need to go to the pharmacy to get probiotics. The probiotics are there [in the food]. The same kind of acidophilus, the same kind of lactobacillus, the same kind of probiotics that are sold in the supermarket are present naturally on raw fruits and vegetables...

Raw fruits and vegetables, also offer prebiotics, the fiber, they actually feed the good bacteria you have and can replenish good bacteria if you suffer some gut microbial insult by having antibiotics or something.”

[articles.mercola.com]

Now here are some of my notes on the Video…

[www.youtube.com]
Dr. Mercola & Dr. Greger on How Not To Die
27:14 Minute Video

Mercola
Published on Dec 10, 2015
[articles.mercola.com]... Natural health expert and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Dr. Michael Greger MD, a nutrition expert, physician, founder of NutritionFacts.org, and author of an excellent new book, "How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease."

JR’s Notes:

[youtu.be]
15:04 MM
Mercola: Exercise Upregulates Dysfunctional Mitochondrial. Mitochondrial Health is the Core, the Core of nearly every single Cancer. Your Mitochondrial go south and then you get Cancer. It Causes Genetic Problems. It’s not the Genetic Problems that Cause the Cancer.

So that’s how it is - it all happens through the Mitochondrial and that’s what you’re doing right now. You are Exercising your Mitochondrial, you’re Causing them to get Healthier and Grow and Decrease the Dysfunction and make sure they’re making, you know, the Mitochondrial are making these Inclusions, these Cellular Inclusions that Cause us, they’re basically the furnaces of the Body that create ATP and Energy. And they’re in every cell, except Red Blood Cells, it’s like one to two thousand of these things and they can be from 15 to 50% of this inside of your cell. They’re massive, they’re a big part of our Health and if they aren’t working well, you’re just NOT going to do well.

So when they go south, when they get Dysfunctional, your Risk for Cancer goes through the Roof and that’s what you Prevent with Exercise. And I never knew that. I never recognized that. I kind of put it all together because this is my new passion is really Upregulating Mitochondrial Dysfunction is the Core and I think that’s why Eating, one of the other reasons why Eating Vegetables works so well. 16:23 MM
[www.youtube.com]

Is there any wonder why so many people don’t do well on Fruit?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables